• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Seanspeed

Banned
AlanzTalon said:
I've been pulling my hair out with the Diablo GTR trying to keep it in S class but trying to find a way to get the sport gearbox in it so i can adjust the final drive. there is so much gear left at the end of even the longest straights but any upgrade puts it to 702...i tried finding even the heaviest rim to add some weight but can only get it to 701 at the lowest with that one single upgrade.

the problems this game causes.....
After installing the heavy rims, enlarge the rim sizes, too. That should probably get you down to S700.

You can also look at adding a roll cage, which may or may not reduce PI. Anti-roll bars have reduced PI in a few instances, I think. Aero kits can also do free up a few PI.

I'm pretty sure this should be doable. I'd check myself, but cant get on at the moment.

gragy10

Any chance i could get back into the gaf club?
Been without internet the last fortnight but finally got plugged back in and got a new gold subscription last night

gragy10 said:
Any chance i could get back into the gaf club?
Been without internet the last fortnight but finally got plugged back in and got a new gold subscription last night

Just PM me your GamerTag and I will add you after work.

Iknos

Mr.Green said:
20111109460.jpg

CSR Elite production has started

I sure as hell won't even consider ordering one of these before Turn 10 fixes the game, though.
Were you not vehemently disagreeing with me when I said that people shouldn't Boyer getting a wheel fr this game until there is a fix? :)

thundr51

Shortt Sirket said:
I just want to conduct a poll here. I am curious who has done the following:

* Bought the Season Pass
* Bought/Won the November DLC Pack but not the Season Pass
* Just bought a few cars from the November Pack (which cars)
* Will buy any of the next DLC packs or any after the SP is up
* Will buy any Track Packs

ThundR
Bought the Season Pass
Not sure about packs after SP
Will buy any Track Packs -IF they can be used in Single player races.

I'm actually starting to regret buying the SP actually. Because when it comes down to it I'm not really getting anything. I'm getting the opportunity to buy a car should I get enough cash. I can't complain that much since the game gives out cars/money fairly easily but I still feel as though I'm going to buy a car I like then won't be able to use it in Career or anywhere else (either because wrong class or it's a slow car IN that class). Maybe if we got a couple of tokens with every car pack I'd feel better.

Mr.Green

Iknos said:
Were you not vehemently disagreeing with me when I said that people shouldn't Boyer getting a wheel fr this game until there is a fix? :)
Was I? Could be. I don't remember but then again, I don't remember what I had for breakfast so...

Well I had tons of fun with the game nonetheless, but playing at 270° to work around the No Rewards bug, I feel I'm not using my wheel like it's meant to be used.

Also, guys like you who mentioned other issues with the wheel raised an alarm. I watched replays of #1 guys on a few tracks - all pad users of course - and I swear you can pull stuff with a controller that there is no way in hell you can accomplish with a wheel. It's like it's not even using the same physics engine or something.

It could be that I just suck, though. (Before one of you bastards suggests it)

SarBear

Ok, time for me to try out this challenge. Let's see if I can't get that number one spot...

lol, nope. Not even close. I don't have a damn clue with what I'm doing with all the assists on.

Because I am a Stats and Numbers Nerd...

Of those who responded:

56% Have bought the Season Pass
15% Will NOT buy any future Car DLC
6% Will NOT buy any future Track DLC

SarBear

Seanspeed said:
Yea, that was fun. Definitely need to build more cars, though. Haven't got anything that good for the tracks with long straights.

The 355 is just the stock motor with some power upgrades. Sounds fantastic, as a Ferrari should.

I'm working on a F430, but there's so little room for improvement for it in A-class that its hard to get it right.

I'm gonna check out the 92 NSX and Shelby Series 1, though. Looked pretty competitive. In your hands at least!

Yea, messing around with brake pressure, and a bit of gear ratios is how I was able to keep control of that monster. Took a minute to get the hang of it. That's what allowed me to brake so deeply in the turns on Silverstone with little to no penalty.

Edit: I've got something in the kitchen cooking in regards to an Opel Speedster. >:) It's already performing on par with the Shelby.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Shortt Sirket said:
Because I am a Stats and Numbers Nerd...

Of those who responded:

56% Have bought the Season Pass
15% Will NOT buy any future Car DLC
6% Will NOT buy any future Track DLC

well, that settles it. give us spa/bathurst/positano full NOW

SarBear

Anyone wanna race/tag/soccer tonight?

I don't know if I just received a M3GTR because I asked on here, or because of the Aventador challenge, but thank you Turn10!!!

op_ivy

SarBear said:
Anyone wanna race/tag/soccer tonight?

I don't know if I just received a M3GTR because I asked on here, or because of the Aventador challenge, but thank you Turn10!!!

i should be available 9 ish PST. would love to try some of the off the wall stuff

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Shortt Sirket said:
C Class Alps All Assists Challenge

Take any C class car you want and run the Bernese Alps - Stadtplatz Reverse course. All times must be made with ALL ASSISTS ON! That is right; auto brake, auto steer, TCS, ASM, Autmatic, etc must ALL be on for the time to count.

--------------------
Leaderboard as of 11/10/2011
Fake 1st #2. Archer33 1:43.xxx (ABS only LOL fuck... great.... GREAAT.)
1. Big Takeover - 01:44.550
2. retroBrand - 01:44:552 (DAAAAMMMNNN)
3. massproduction - 01:44.778
4. P3tRaN - 01:45.437
5. x Grassy x - 01:45.644
6. Mc Kane - 01:45.667
7. skyfinch - 01:45.746
8. Yoritomo79 - 01:45.849
9. Muerte X - 01:45.859
10. LoopOfHenle - 01:46.570
11. oODHOo - 01:47.047
12. Seanspeed - 01:48.133
13 SoundScream13 - 01:50.121
14. Shortt Sirket - 01:50.366
15. Templar Wizard - 01:54.881

Gah :(

op_ivy

SarBear said:
There's a Game with Developers session at 9pm. Gonna give it ten minutes of trying to get in, then I'll be free

you and your fucking avatars, lol.

also, thanks for the heads up, i'll try to get into that as well. hope they dont mind me ranting about positano non-stop mid-race

SarBear

op_ivy said:

also, thanks for the heads up, i'll try to get into that as well. hope they dont mind me ranting about positano non-stop mid-race

Dude, I can do this shit all day. lol

I think I'm going to ram a dev off road and have a talk with him about a certain 2004 Mustang SVT Cobra. That is, if i get in.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
With assists on my lap times get worse lap by lap, negative improvement how does it work? LOL I don't know how you guys broke 1:44 with assisted steering/braking on

Slayer-33 said:
With assists on my lap times get worse lap by lap, negative improvement how does it work? LOL I don't know how you guys broke 1:44 with assisted steering/braking on
Well, after you put the braking pressure at zero, the car can't brake.....so I used the e-brake instead...so basically I cheated.

This is why we can't have nice things. I disqualify myself.

SarBear

retroBrand said:
Well, after you put the braking pressure at zero, the car can't brake.....so I used the e-brake instead...so basically I cheated.

You drive better with the computer holding your hand than without any assists. :)

Seanspeed

Banned
op_ivy said:
Dude is proud, thats all.

"And for that, we thank you."

I'll be on in a minute. Decided to stay up to go to the midnight Skyrim launch. Need to kill time somehow. I just finished a fantastic book and wanted to stew in the fantastic ending for a while, but time is just going sooooo slow!

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
retroBrand said:

The cpu is in my engine disabling my accelerator

:(

Shortt Sirket said:
Edit: I am actually a little surprised by how many of you bought and are buying the DLC packs. I know T10 and other developers get a lot of shit for their DLC model.

I love cars, that's why I pay. (It's also why I miss Porsche)

Some people play World of Warcraft or get hardcore into Call of Duty...well, Forza is really the only game I've ever gotten into with any level of serious dedication.

Managed to get into a Game with Dev game tonight. Keep the It--never played that game type before and had NO CLUE what I was doing. Oops!

skyfinch

Damn, got an invite from Jube but it was too late. I must have stepped out of the room for a minute and didn't check when I got back. :/

Muerte_X

Did a few more laps tonight, got a new time for the challenge

00:01:45.229

I don't think sub 1:44's are in my future. Might be able to eek out a bit more, but not enough to claim 3rd on that most recent list. I'll save myself the frustration, lol. Oh well, higher than I thought I'd place.

Looking at the online leaderboards...skyfinch is going to hate me, haha.

SarBear

retroBrand said:
I know a compliment when I see one.

That's for you, friend. The blood has been spilled. And I know I have a 00:56:xxx coming as well (it was sort of sloppy).

I'm going to go put a down payment on a Ferarri with my newfound wealth.

SarBear

retroBrand said:
I see that shots have been fired. It's on.

You and I, friend. You. And I.

I refuse to put a better lap until you beat that time. Afterwards, I'll take the money from the next winnings and fully purchase my Ferrari.

skyfinch

Muerte_X said:
Did a few more laps tonight, got a new time for the challenge

00:01:45.229

I don't think sub 1:44's are in my future. Might be able to eek out a bit more, but not enough to claim 3rd on that most recent list. I'll save myself the frustration, lol. Oh well, higher than I thought I'd place.

Looking at the online leaderboards...skyfinch is going to hate me, haha.

lol. Damn that's close! 1:45:230 is my time. I think your front bumper has an extra layer of paint. :D

Muerte_X

skyfinch said:
lol. Damn that's close! 1:45:230 is my time. I think your front bumper has an extra layer of paint. :D

LOL, a hundredth of a second is ridiculous. The temptation was too much, I played around with my setup a bit so I could add some hp, but I had to add weight to keep it in C class and it actually feels slower, but I busted out a better time. It's probably a combination of things, I'm tempted to go back and see if I can't get into the 1:43's. I'll probably go insane, I'm so inconsistent on that last turn. :/

1:44.063, come at me bros

skyfinch

Muerte_X said:
LOL, a hundredth of a second is ridiculous. The temptation was too much, I played around with my setup a bit so I could add some hp, but I had to add weight to keep it in C class and it actually feels slower, but I busted out a better time. It's probably a combination of things, I'm tempted to go back and see if I can't get into the 1:43's. I'll probably go insane, I'm so inconsistent on that last turn. :/

1:44.063, come at me bros

Yikes. I can't get anything under 1:45. Last turn confuses me.

Muerte_X

skyfinch said:
Yikes. I can't get anything under 1:45. Last turn confuses me.

Yeah, it's weird. I get better times by going what seems like too fast through it. It's either that, or I slow down too much. I just suck at slowing down with the ebrake, that's the only place I use it, lol.

Went back to my old tune for that car. 01:44.042. Though, I'm pretty sure it's just me driving a bit better.

I'm done for tonight, I have to be at work in just over 5 hours, lol.

Gor@n

Neo Member
Is the sesto elemento worth the monies, or should i save the 2.5 mill and spend it on a whole bunch of average cars. Is it competitive or just eye candy?

p3tran

Banned
fucking skyrim not available in my country for at least one more week.
time to finish up the remaining 5 races on my career, and build myself a nice A class leaderboard beater 8)

p.s. for your statistics shortt:
-will buy all dlc
-will buy track dlc twice just to support the effort

SarBear said:
You and I, friend. You. And I.

I refuse to put a better lap until you beat that time. Afterwards, I'll take the money from the next winnings and fully purchase my Ferrari.
Challenge accepted.

I feel like this is black on black crime.

SarBear

retroBrand said:
Challenge accepted.

I feel like this is black on black crime.

The irony.

I even gave you something to aim at on Nurburgring GP, too. It's official, this shit will never end between the two of us.

skyfinch

SarBear said:
The irony.

I even gave you something to aim at on Nurburgring GP, too. It's official, this shit will never end between the two of us.

Doesn't look like your battle with retroBrand is going to end until blood is shed. I'm scared.

SarBear

skyfinch said:
Doesn't look like your battle with retroBrand is going to end until blood is shed. I'm scared.

Yea, fucker just shaved me by .200 on Suzuka. So now I have to go back to the drawing board and put up a .56 with no clutch. This ought to be...challenging. May have to wait until Monday, however. 'Cause Saint's Row has my attention right now.

Mascot

SarBear said:

That's for you, friend. The blood has been spilled. And I know I have a 00:56:xxx coming as well (it was sort of sloppy).

I'm going to go put a down payment on a Ferarri with my newfound wealth.

:lol
I'm still THIRD?
I'm crap!
Come on GAF, pull your fingers out. I'm embarrassing you with my DMD* skillzorz.

*Driving Miss Daisy

Top Bottom