• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

h3ro

munkeyhero (bought LCE)
Didn't buy the season pass/Won't be buying it either
Won November DLC
Will buy car packs depending on car content
Will buy tracks depending on Spahurst.

Also, you guys got the Ferrari? No Joss or Ferrari here yet. :/

retroBrand
Did not buy the Season Pass
Bought no cars from the pack
Will probably not buy any DLC Packs, it depends on what they have to offer, I'm not blindly giving money away
Might buy a Track Pack depending on content.

I would have bought the LE if it came with the Season pass, for some reason (greed), it doesn't. Did they seriously expect me to pay $60 for the game, the $20 charge for VIP, and THEN the extra $30 for the season pass? That's $110. No way in hell. I can buy an entire new game for that extra money. Come on.

And this is the second game in a row that (I feel) Turn 10 has held back a great car for the first pack DLC- Aventador this time, GTR last time. Just because you CAN treat your customers/ fanbase this way doesn't mean that you should. I strongly dislike Turn 10's DLC model. I think it's a disgrace.
SarBear said:
You guys want to do anything tonight?
Hopefully I can get on after the debate.

SarBear

retroBrand said:
retroBrand
Did not buy the Season Pass
Bought no cars from the pack
Will probably not buy any DLC Packs, it depends on what they have to offer, I'm not blindly giving money away
Might buy a Track Pack depending on content.

I would have bought the LE if it came with the Season pass, for some reason (greed), it doesn't. Did they seriously expect me to pay $60 for the game, the $20 charge for VIP, and THEN the extra $30 for the season pass? That's $110. No way in hell. I can buy an entire new game for that extra money. Come on.

And this is the second game in a row that (I feel) Turn 10 has held back a great car for the first pack DLC- Aventador this time, GTR last time. Just because you CAN treat your customers/ fanbase this way doesn't mean that you should. I strongly dislike Turn 10's DLC model. I think it's a disgrace.

Hopefully I can get on after the debate.

I think I'm going to have to agree. If it wasn't for Best Buy paying for it, I wouldn't have purchased a Season Pass, either. I'm still wondering what the hell the perks might be for VIP.....other than an art book that I still have shrink wrapped and five cars. I think it's a good marketing gimmick to get a few more dollars out of Forza faithfuls, but in the end it's really screwing over us. Especially if all they plan to do is send out cars that currently exist in the game. In Forza 3, that wouldn't have been that big of an issue IF they sent out multi-million dollar cars. ....but they just sent out regular cars with strange liveries.

:/ Answers, Turn10. Group is starting to sound like your average Real Estate company that takes your money, closes up shop, and moves to a different country.

Seanspeed

Banned
SarBear said:
Dead Poul Bought the Season Pass
Bought all the cars from the November Pack
Will buy any of the next DLC packs after the SP is up
MIGHT buy Track Packs based on which track (Mother FUCK New York)

You guys want to do anything tonight?
I'm getting sick and tired of trying to learn to fly helicopters in Battlefield 3(that shit punishes you if you're starting out), so yea, I'm getting on Forza here in a bit. Not sure what y'all are up to, but I'm down for whatever. I'll probably join an online race and will invite club members whenever I can. Do the same for me and I'll join whatever. I need some driving right now. I need my fix.

For the poll thing, uh...

Seanspeed
Bought the Season Pass
Didn't need to buy the November car pack
Will See if I buy anything after the Season Pass is Up(depends on how good the DLC is up to that point)
Will buy absolutely any track pack put out
Will play Forza for food

Hellish

Got my forza 4 going multiscreen I have barely had anytime to play hopefully this will entice me to free up more time.

Video setup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB-zsjd1CLo

6330093139_8abd6f4f2e_z.jpg

VindictiveGnome

Not going to buy the season pass (I like to buy cars individually because I tend to like 1 or 2 cars out of a whole pack).

Did not buy the whole November DLC pack.

Bought the Charger (makes an awesome police cruiser/taxi). Still want that Aventador, though. It sucks it's pack only.

Don't have the season pass, but I will continue buying whatever cars I deem worthy.

Definitely! I want more courses like Bernese Alps!

Aurarian

Aurarian

Not going to buy the season pass(Probably won't play a lot of this once I'm finished with career mode. Maybe a little bit of Rivals now and then)

Won the DLC in this thread. Would not have bought it if I didn't.

Won't buy any DLC packs more than likely due to answer one.

Track packs(unless they include the new york track from FM3 I believe). Probably not though.

Does anyone else hate when they put events like the SUV races? I mean, I'm fine with driving almost any car in this game but those. They're so sluggish, huge, and ugly.

Seanspeed

Banned
Aurarian said:
Does anyone else hate when they put events like the SUV races? I mean, I'm fine with driving almost any car in this game but those. They're so sluggish, huge, and ugly.
This is why I dont do World tour mode. Way too restrictive in what I'm forced to use. I either use the event list if I want to play single-player, or I play online in user-created lobbies where I dont mind using silly vehicles as I'm not having to race against the god-awful AI.

Aurarian

Seanspeed said:
This is why I dont do World tour mode. Way too restrictive in what I'm forced to use. I either use the event list if I want to play single-player, or I play online in user-created lobbies where I dont mind using silly vehicles as I'm not having to race against the god-awful AI.

No, it's not World Tour mode. It's the event list. I had to buy the SUV for two events but they're so awful and then you add the AI in a track like Ladera. I just want to punch a hole through my TV. I don't know about anyone else but driving SUV's or gigantic trucks is definitely not something I want to do in a game like this.

Seanspeed

Banned
Aurarian said:
No, it's not World Tour mode. It's the event list. I had to buy the SUV for two events but they're so awful and then you add the AI in a track like Ladera. I just want to punch a hole through my TV. I don't know about anyone else but driving SUV's or gigantic trucks is definitely not something I want to do in a game like this.
The event list doesn't force you to do anything you dont want to do. I dont see what the problem is. :/

You dont want to race SUV's, then DONT PICK events that force you to use SUV's. Seriously man. This aint complicated.

SarBear said:
*snip*

:/ Answers, Turn10. Group is starting to sound like your average Real Estate company that takes your money, closes up shop, and moves to a different country.
For real man. How many people, in this thread alone, have asked what it is exactly their VIP status is worth? The Forza faithful deserve better.

And if they release another car pack DLC before they release a patch (season play AI or for whatever), or fix the pre-order cars nonsense, I am going to be pissed.

Aurarian

Seanspeed said:
The event list doesn't force you to do anything you dont want to do. I dont see what the problem is. :/

You dont want to race SUV's, then DONT PICK events that force you to use SUV's. Seriously man. This aint complicated.

I know that. I'm trying to complete career mode which means I have to do the event. It's one of the very few races I have not had fun driving so far. That's all I meant by it.

LowerLevel

Low3rL3vel

Not likely to buy entire car packs, but it all depends on content

Did not purchase anything from November yet as too many other games came out...

Most likely will buy the Charger however

Will bloody rob local kids for decent track packs let alone anything with the old Pacific PtP! Yeah T10, 2k space bucks for a good track pack from me, easily!

Seanspeed

Banned
Aurarian said:
I know that. I'm trying to complete career mode which means I have to do the event. It's one of the very few races I have not had fun driving so far. That's all I meant by it.
You'll spend hundreds of hours trying to complete every event. I've never understood the desire to spend all that time playing against the frustrating AI. Especially if you're doing races that you're not having fun in.

This game offers so much in the way of 'play-how-you-want', yet some of you adhere some strict playstyle and you're simply ruining it for yourselves by doing that.

Aurarian

Seanspeed said:
You'll spend hundreds of hours trying to complete every event. I've never understood the desire to spend all that time playing against the frustrating AI. Especially if you're doing races that you're not having fun in.

This game offers so much in the way of 'play-how-you-want', yet some of you adhere some strict playstyle and you're simply ruining it for yourselves by doing that.

Maybe to you it seems that way. Note that I said the SUV races are one of the few that bothered me. Every other race is a dream usually because the AI only get in the way for a couple of seconds and then it's just me, the car, and the track till I finish.

Seanspeed

Banned
Aurarian said:
Maybe to you it seems that way. Note that I said the SUV races are one of the few that bothered me. Every other race is a dream usually because the AI only get in the way for a couple of seconds and then it's just me, the car, and the track till I finish.
You still dont have to do those SUV races if you dont want to.

And if you just enjoy driving alone on the track, you can always create your own races and still make good money/xp/affinity that way.

Just sayin man, there's absolutely no need to do stuff you dont want to do in this game.

SarBear

God damn, I forgot how good AssCreed Brohood is. I'm watching the credits roll as we speak and my pants are just jumping around from the thought of Revelations.

Anyway, if anyone's racing, just invite me. I'll switch discs and join up!

Yoritomo

I have the season pass, but I don't think I'll buy any tracks. I can't get the benchmark track to work on the side screens.

What I don't understand is it has worked before :/

fly1np1ranha
Bought the Season Pass
Will buy every pack after the SP (most likely unless it REALLY is a shitty pack - like 10 Skylines)
Will buy any Track Packs - definitely. I love me some tracks!

Aurarian

Seanspeed said:
You still dont have to do those SUV races if you dont want to.

And if you just enjoy driving alone on the track, you can always create your own races and still make good money/xp/affinity that way.

Just sayin man, there's absolutely no need to do stuff you dont want to do in this game.

They're already done, so it's a non issue at this point. I know I may have been whining a little about them, but that's alright. I enjoy doing all the races and that's primarily why I bought this game. I didn't know anything about Rivals mode or anything new that was added to this game till I put in my 360. The only thing I was looking forward to was the huge career mode and driving all sorts of cars like I had done in Forza 2 and 3.

eek5

eek5
bought season pass + LCE (feeling a bit of regret here)
might buy stuff after season pass depending on cars
will buy whatever tracks they release unless they're shit flat tracks

SarBear

Good races, Seanspeed.

I still wanna know what you have in that F355. Next time you'll have a very tweaked F430 waiting on him. ;)

DasRaven

DasRavenLive
* Bought the Season Pass
* Will buy any of the next DLC packs or any after the SP is up (I believe there will be a Season Pass #2)
* Will buy any Track Packs (Viva Rally di Positano & Gimme SPA!)

Also:
Will soon buy another year of Live Gold for only Forza and Otomedius.
Bought 1x LCE & 4x standard copies for pre-order codes
Procured all 5 pre-order DLC cars via code trades
Bought Speed Wheel (half price @ BestBuy with FM4)
Will buy FM4 Ultimate Collection when it comes out if it contains any exclusive content.
Will eventually buy a Fanatec CSR-E & Rennsport wheelstand setup.

I don't buy many games, but I fully support the games I do buy.

G Rom

GT : Mc Kane
* Didn't buy the Season Pass
* Respectively got from Jube and won in this thread two November DLC Pack
* Will probably get any of the next DLC packs
* Will most likely get any Track Packs (would have to be absolutely terrible tracks to not get any)

Gaschman
* Did not buy the Season Pass
* did not buy any dlc (car tokens included)
* won't buy any future car dlc
* would consider to buy track dlc

Grassy

GT: x_Grassy_x
Bought season pass
Will consider car packs after SP is over
Will buy track packs as long as they are used for Rivals mode

Shaneus

Double post, but new page.

So, um, only got the 458 in my File Depot bit. Is there a reason the preorder gifting is so spasmodic and random? Some people have two cars, some have one, some have different ones.

TBH, I would've actually preferred the Joss if I had to choose, given my Australian heritage and current location.

Holy hell though, that 458 FM4 livery is sex though. Is that Jube's work or m0dus'?

XShagrath

XShagrath
Did not buy season pass
Probably will not buy any car packs (plenty for me in game)
Will more than likely buy extra track packs

Seanspeed

Banned
SarBear said:
Good races, Seanspeed.

I still wanna know what you have in that F355. Next time you'll have a very tweaked F430 waiting on him. ;)
Yea, that was fun. Definitely need to build more cars, though. Haven't got anything that good for the tracks with long straights.

The 355 is just the stock motor with some power upgrades. Sounds fantastic, as a Ferrari should.

I'm working on a F430, but there's so little room for improvement for it in A-class that its hard to get it right.

I'm gonna check out the 92 NSX and Shelby Series 1, though. Looked pretty competitive. In your hands at least!

C Class Alps All Assists Challenge

Take any C class car you want and run the Bernese Alps - Stadtplatz Reverse course. All times must be made with ALL ASSISTS ON! That is right; auto brake, auto steer, TCS, ASM, Autmatic, etc must ALL be on for the time to count.

The easiest way to run this is to go to Free Play -> Time Trial - Bernese Alps -> Stadtplatz Reverse.

Time Frame: From Now (11/4) to 11:59pm EST on 11/13

Car Restrictions: Class C and NO DART/SUPERBEE

Other Restrictions: ALL ASSISTS ON

Hint: Turn the brake pressure down to 0% to prevent the AI from braking

Prizes: A total of $3Million to be handed out.

--------------------
Leaderboard as of 11/10/2011

1. Big Takeover - 01:44.550
2. retroBrand - 01:44:552 (DAAAAMMMNNN)
3. massproduction - 01:44.778
4. P3tRaN - 01:45.437
5. x Grassy x - 01:45.644
6. Mc Kane - 01:45.667
7. skyfinch - 01:45.746
8. Yoritomo79 - 01:45.849
9. Muerte X - 01:45.859
10. LoopOfHenle - 01:46.570
11. oODHOo - 01:47.047
12. Seanspeed - 01:48.133
13 SoundScream13 - 01:50.121
14. Shortt Sirket - 01:50.366
15. Templar Wizard - 01:54.881

Remember, this Event ends on 11/13 at 11:59pm EST

Edit: I am actually a little surprised by how many of you bought and are buying the DLC packs. I know T10 and other developers get a lot of shit for their DLC model.

Pepto

Banned
Shortt Sirket said:
Edit: I am actually a little surprised by how many of you bought and are buying the DLC packs. I know T10 and other developers get a lot of shit for their DLC model.
The thing is that the DLC that Turn 10 releases isn't the "let's cut this bit and later charge for it as DLC" kind. For Forza 3 we got car that were not around when the game was released and it seems like they are continuing with this.

Pepto said:
The thing is that the DLC that Turn 10 releases isn't the "let's cut this bit and later charge for it as DLC" kind. For Forza 3 we got car that were not around when the game was released and it seems like they are continuing with this.

Oh, I agree. That is why I don't mind buying the Season Pass and the DLC. The only thing that still irks me is that it is pretty obvious they did hold a few cars back from the game to be in the DLC. It is not enough for me to really consider a big deal, just a minor annoyance.

Edit: Oh god, someone get me away from here:

HPoL5.png

I've been pulling my hair out with the Diablo GTR trying to keep it in S class but trying to find a way to get the sport gearbox in it so i can adjust the final drive. there is so much gear left at the end of even the longest straights but any upgrade puts it to 702...i tried finding even the heaviest rim to add some weight but can only get it to 701 at the lowest with that one single upgrade.

the problems this game causes.....

Lester Blanks

Bought Season pass
Will consider buying car packs after season pass runs out
Will buy Track Packs day one.

One question which has probably been asked before but I can't wrap my head around it: I love love love driving the HKS evo but it's a unicorn, so the only way to get it is by being gifted one from T10 ? Why would you let me drive my fave racing car around Tsukuba and then not let me have it for the rest of the game ? Seriously, what the fuck is up with that? I can understand making them hard to get in-game, but making them impossible to obtain through dedicated play (I've put in about 80hrs since launch and will put in far more in the future) feels sort of backwards and obnoxious.

Mascot

Holy crapola, I've been criminallly ignoring Forza lately. Feel guilty about it!
Bought MW3 (which is really just a map pack for Modern Warfare, so boredom set in after ten minutes) but id's Rage has been taking all my attention. One of the best FPSes I've ever played, I'm totally sucked into it.

Dan, don't fret - I'll be back in a day or two. Keep that beard free of biscuit crumbs and I'll see you soon.

Mascot

H3rTz DoNuT said:
Ok Guys, here it is, my latest paint, Vinci BMW M3 GT2 for FIA GT2 series. It really doesn't look as great on the pictures as it does in the game, so give it a go and see for yourself. The paint is available for both M3 GT2 cars, I'll keep the one that would be more popular. Of course #79 looks a little better so I would go for this one If I were you. Enjoy guys and please give it some good treatment and leave some feedback.

Cheers HD

#79 and #92 BMW M3 GT2 --- VINCI CANAL + Racing --- FIA GT2

6330351616_46e5f03d2d_z.jpg

6330351596_32ba5de547_z.jpg

6330351600_74f6494b92_z.jpg

6330351608_a322aa0f9b_z.jpg

This might (probably) be a double post but I care not a jot - that paint is FUCKING AMAZING, Hertz.

Bravo. Kudos. Medals. Diamonds. Gold. Frankenstein. Merkins.

Further words fail me.

gragy10

Granholme

* Bought the Season Pass
* Will buy any of the next DLC packs or any after the SP is up
* Will buy any Track Packs

XShagrath

I want more fantasy/comic/video game liveries. I remember m0dus and Jube having a ton of them for FM3, and I loved 'em! I know m0dus has a few up now. Are there any other good painters in your favorites that I should check out?

Shortt Sirket said:
I just am curious how ForzaGAF feels about the DLC/etc for this game. Thanks guys.

Sp4ceman Sp1ff:

* Did not buy the Season Pass
* Was gifted a November DLC code (thanks again Jube!)
* Will buy all, or most, future DLC car packs
* Will buy any DLC track packs

* Wishes he had more time to play this game. :(

h3ro

XShagrath said:
I want more fantasy/comic/video game liveries. I remember m0dus and Jube having a ton of them for FM3, and I loved 'em! I know m0dus has a few up now. Are there any other good painters in your favorites that I should check out?
I'm not sure about the videogame liveries, but if you want some great fantasy racecar liveries, I'd check out the storefronts of a few of these guys:
Abgraphics
Armipotent adam
Raudi
Hertzdonut
Eek5
Leoram

For those looking for great tunes, definitely scope out:
Zar eries (spelling?)
Jfiler
Vvv worm
Emw rusty (best vdub tuner)

There are so many more! I'm posting from memory, but for those interested in the best painters and tuners in the Forza series, check my favorites. I have around 50+ people listed, including the names of guys reaching back to F2 who are in the process of starting F4 storefronts.

Also, got the 458 last night! Still no Joss though, that's the one I want!

Pepto said:

I don't care about this. Most of the cars will end up in Forza 5 anyway.

Lothars

* Bought the Season Pass
* Will buy any of the next DLC packs or any after the SP is up
* Will buy any Track Packs

I bought the Season Pass and will wait on see on any DLC packs after SP.
Will wait and see on Track Packs.

Top Bottom