• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Slayer-33 said:
Good job man..

I don't know how anyone can work in that Hyundai logo into a design it's so ugly.

thanks. i tried to incorporate the branding and advertising design as much as possible - the color scheme is based off of that even down to the brushed steel look underneath (which i just realized is missing on the front bumper portion...).

G Rom

Nice livery. :)

Don't think anyone mentioned it but it wouldn't surprise me if this contest ending on november 27th would mean the Veloster being in the december DLC.

FYI, BADNED confirmed all those cars for future DLCs :

2012 Camaro ZL1
1986 Shelby Omni GHLS
1976 Gran Torino
2012 Veloster
1970 Corolla

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
G Rom said:
Nice livery. :)

Don't think anyone mentioned it but it wouldn't surprise me if this contest ending on november 27th would mean the Veloster being in the december DLC.

FYI, BADNED confirmed all those cars for future DLCs :

2012 Camaro ZL1
1986 Shelby Omni GHLS
1976 Gran Torino
2012 Veloster
1970 Corolla

6a00d8341c630a53ef014e5f48a9f8970c-500wi

Not the same year but lol.

h3ro

Servers down for anyone else? I hope they aren't down because I just got into the new Dashboard preview. :/

So many designs and tunes to download!

G Rom

Servers down for me as well but I have the new dash too. Speaking of which, what the fuck at the game not being compatible with cloud saves, it doesn't make sense for such a huge game... :-/

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
G Rom said:
Servers down for me as well but I have the new dash too. Speaking of which, what the fuck at the game not being compatible with cloud saves, it doesn't make sense for such a huge game... :-/
How do they even determine which games are and aren't? Maybe it's a beta thing, since FM4 is a huge first party title, making it even more odd.

op_ivy

h3ro said:
Servers down for anyone else? I hope they aren't down because I just got into the new Dashboard preview. :/

So many designs and tunes to download!

not new dashboard preview related - down for me as well.

Shaneus

Cloud saves? What?

Hey, quick non-Forza related question. Just bought a new 360, is there anything I really need to do if I'm using my old HDD?

SarBear

Shaneus said:
Cloud saves? What?

Hey, quick non-Forza related question. Just bought a new 360, is there anything I really need to do if I'm using my old HDD?

I would do a Profile Transfer, as well as a DRM Transfer from xbox.com.

Shaneus

SarBear said:
I would do a Profile Transfer, as well as a DRM Transfer from xbox.com.
Sweet, thanks a bucketload. I do have my profile on the 360 fat memory card thing, I'll have to copy that back onto the HDD first, I think. I didn't even know about proper profile/DRM transfers though.

HokieJoe

Well, I'm up to #141 on the Festival Circuit Reverse (Bernese Alps). I need to tune my car some more. I know people have been complaining about it as a glitch car, but the Dodge Super Bee is stupid fast. It's a good B-Class car. Knock the weight down; put some sticky rubber on it, and bump the HP with engine mods. I put aero wings on mine front and back, and do some suspension upgrades- no transmission change. That limits the top speed to ~138mph, which is why I think Turn10 knocks the PI down on it.

Incidentally, the 190E-16 is one my favorite cars to drive. It's a great B-Class car, but it's shy on low end grunt so getting up to speed can be problematic.

nagge

I'll get back to Forza next week, so please don't kick me.

But do beat my times in rivals mode so I have some money to earn ;)

Mascot

Shaneus said:
Cloud saves? What?

I recently did a transfer from my old 120gb fatbox to a new 250gb slimbox using the official data transfer cable and it went without a hitch. It's still nerve-wracking while it's happening, though :lol.
Some cursory research seemed to indicate that attempting the transfer using a standard USB cable instead of the official lead can be a recipe for disaster.

Good luck, man.

Iknos

If you need extra space in the club you can temporarily remove me.

Been busy with deadlines and have some more coming up.

Don't plan to play CoD or BF3 so I will be focused on just racers this winter so I intend to get into the club again. I have spent mor time thinking about Forza than playing it!

Unlike Forza 3 I find that you have way more credits to give you the freedom to do what you really want to do. Don't have to worry about grinding to get money now I'm thinking about what to buy next and what sort of machines I want to build for each track. there is a lot of stuff I daydream about for this game.

h3ro

No need to remove the regulars from the club now. Just like we suspected, interest has died down and there are still so many level 10 and 11 players in the club. Most of use were at that level one hour after starting the game.
Chespace - level 11 :p

Maybe at the end of the year, we'll do a clean up just for quicker loading of times and club members in the My Club section.

Being done with the Season mode is liberating. I'm loving just jumping around doing and E275 event then jumping into my gorgeous Mosler and tearing up a LeMans R3800 event. :)

Hawaii 22

Neo Member
Hey everyone! I came upon a problem and maybe someone here can help me with it: I see cars in the game that I cannot buy. I don't really see the cars, but I see their names.

For example, I'm going through the Event List and there's an event called "Hybrid Hustle". I check the Opponents List to see witch car I have to buy to drive this event. So there's the Prius listed, some Lexus, other cars - and the Honda CR-Z. Damn, I've seen pictures of this car, but now I cannot find it in the Honda Store. IIRC, the CR-Z is a preorder bonus? Maybe some day they will release all the preorder cars to everyone? I'm kinda interested in the CR-Z, but not so much as to buy a DLC-Code on ebay.
But that's okay for now, I buy the Lexus, drive the event, I'm happy.

Another case, not so easyly solved, is the "Tuners of Japan Speedway Event", one of the Ovals Events. Again the game tells me that none of my cars in the garage can drive in this event. I check the Opponents List: HKS Lancer Evo, Top Secret Supra or S15, MINE's GT-R R32 or R34, RMR Genesis.
I go to the Toyota Store, find a Supra, but no Top Secret Supra. Also I don't find a Top Secret Store. I check the Auction House, set up a search for Toyota / Top Secret Supra. You can actually choose this car to be searched for, again I'm happy, for about three seconds - search results: 0
I try to build a Top Secret Supra by buying a Supra and pimp it in the Upgrade Shop with Top Secret parts, but there are no Top Secret parts to buy for the Supra.

So, here I am, wondering how the hell am I supposed to get a car like this?
I enjoy the shit out of Forza 4, even "working" the Event List gives me massive amounts of fun. But sometimes I really miss some kind of a manual or documentation or something, where I could look up questions like these.

So, the game demands that I drive a car I have no idea how to get. Could someone clarify? Please?

Hawaii 22 said:
Hey everyone! I came upon a problem and maybe someone here can help me with it: I see cars in the game that I cannot buy. I don't really see the cars, but I see their names.

For example, I'm going through the Event List and there's an event called "Hybrid Hustle". I check the Opponents List to see witch car I have to buy to drive this event. So there's the Prius listed, some Lexus, other cars - and the Honda CR-Z. Damn, I've seen pictures of this car, but now I cannot find it in the Honda Store. IIRC, the CR-Z is a preorder bonus? Maybe some day they will release all the preorder cars to everyone? I'm kinda interested in the CR-Z, but not so much as to buy a DLC-Code on ebay.
But that's okay for now, I buy the Lexus, drive the event, I'm happy.

Another case, not so easyly solved, is the "Tuners of Japan Speedway Event", one of the Ovals Events. Again the game tells me that none of my cars in the garage can drive in this event. I check the Opponents List: HKS Lancer Evo, Top Secret Supra or S15, MINE's GT-R R32 or R34, RMR Genesis.
I go to the Toyota Store, find a Supra, but no Top Secret Supra. Also I don't find a Top Secret Store. I check the Auction House, set up a search for Toyota / Top Secret Supra. You can actually choose this car to be searched for, again I'm happy, for about three seconds - search results: 0
I try to build a Top Secret Supra by buying a Supra and pimp it in the Upgrade Shop with Top Secret parts, but there are no Top Secret parts to buy for the Supra.

So, here I am, wondering how the hell am I supposed to get a car like this?
I enjoy the shit out of Forza 4, even "working" the Event List gives me massive amounts of fun. But sometimes I really miss some kind of a manual or documentation or something, where I could look up questions like these.

So, the game demands that I drive a car I have no idea how to get. Could someone clarify? Please?
DLC, pre-order bonuses, unicorns - not every car is attainable out of the box. I'm sure there will be a game of the year edition at some point, which should include most of them.

Hawaii 22 said:

Congrats! You've discovered Unicorn cars! You can only get these cars from Turn 10 contests/promotions, the Auction House (usually for oodles of money, they're cheater bait), or by importing a F3 save with them.

Aurarian

Got Factory Driver last night and at around 60% completion. That Porsche lookalike from RUF is pretty fun to drive. Although, I've also been driving my Enzo as well for the S Class events.

op_ivy

CrudeDiatribe said:
Congrats! You've discovered Unicorn cars! You can only get these cars from Turn 10 contests/promotions, the Auction House (usually for oodles of money, they're cheater bait), or by importing a F3 save with them.

are there actually events that require a unicorn though?

Hawaii 22

Neo Member
Big Takeover said:
DLC, pre-order bonuses, unicorns - not every car is attainable out of the box. I'm sure there will be a game of the year edition at some point, which should include most of them.

Okay, thanks.
I'm slightly irritated though that there is an event in the Event List, that demands you to possess one of those cars. We'll wait and see.

Aurarian

Hawaii 22 said:
Okay, thanks.
I'm slightly irritated though that there is an event in the Event List, that demands you to possess one of those cars. We'll wait and see.

You don't need those cars for those events. I've finished Hybrid Hustle with a Prius and I'm sure that the Japan Speedway event doesn't require a Mine's R34 or a Top Secret Silvia S15. Just use the regular R-34 and that's pretty much it.

G Rom

Some of us are online right now. Join us ! :)

PS : I'm getting spammed with friend request lately, I suppose it's from this thread since it's the only placed I've posted my GT. So, for people wanting to add me, if you don't mention who you are, I won't accept the request...

Hawaii 22

Neo Member
Aurarian said:
You don't need those cars for those events. I've finished Hybrid Hustle with a Prius and I'm sure that the Japan Speedway event doesn't require a Mine's R34 or a Top Secret Silvia S15. Just use the regular R-34 and that's pretty much it.
I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be difficult here :) But it's not some Japan Speedway Event, it's the Tuners of Japan Speedway Event.

I spent lots of millions of credits buying cars like the Hyundai Genesis Coupe +, which I think is the basis for the RMR Genesis. But none of the normal cars are allowed to drive in this event.
I found some cars in the car list, that are stated as "pre-tuned", but none of these cars where listed in the Opponents List of the Tuners Event.
Will just drive the other events (which will take some time :) and I'll wait and see, what comes around.

If someone did this event and wants to share, which car he used, that would be much appreciated. It's in the Speedway Event column, near the middle in the most right block of events.

skyfinch

Hawaii 22 said:
Okay, thanks.

I've bought all the cars necessary to complete event listing (no grey squares left). None of these require a unicorn.

They should have added an option to "list" all the cars that are eligible for an event, or allow you to go directly into "buy car" when hovering over a grey square. I've bought many cars thinking they were the right ones, turns out the weren't and wasted credits.

skyfinch

Hawaii 22 said:
If someone did this event and wants to share, which car he used, that would be much appreciated. It's in the Speedway Event column, near the middle in the most right block of events.

I haven' completed this one yet, but I have 3 cars eligible. The RX-8, MazdaSpeed 3, and the Mugen Civic typeR 3D.....only problem is, they are underclassed. It's an R3 race but these car are class B and C.

G Rom

I love beating bigger cars with my hippie car Tesla in Tag. Thinking about it I should make a livery with flowers all over it. :lol

Edit : I switched to BF3's campaign since everyone left but if there are still some of you who want to race/tag/whatever, I'm down for it.

Hawaii 22

Neo Member
skyfinch said:
They should have added an option to "list" all the cars that are eligible for an event, or allow you to go directly into "buy car" when hovering over a grey square.
My thoughts exactly. Maybe we'll see this in FM5.

skyfinch said:
I haven' completed this one yet, but I have 3 cars eligible. The RX-8, MazdaSpeed 3, and the Mugen Civic typeR 3D.....only problem is, they are underclassed. It's an R3 race but these car are class B and C.
Thank you, kind sir! Bought the RX-8, upgraded it to max, which is S700. Set the difficulty to easy, which is somewhat unsportsmanlike, but what can you do. Driving the event now, won the first race. Will try the Mugen Civic typeR 3D next.
Again, thank you, that helped alot!

Edit: There will be other cars that are eligible for this event, but how am I supposed to find them? So allow you to go directly into "buy car" when hovering over a grey square would be a nice addition for the next title.

nagge

Managed to do some laps tonight, felt good, haven't played forza for like a week.

Sarbear, you have some times to beat ;)

Top Bottom