• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Hawaii 22 said:
There will be other cars that are eligible for this event, but how am I supposed to find them?

Try this: When viewing the event description screen, hit X to "View Restrictions". Look at the list of restrictions, and remember them for the next step. In your example, if I'm looking at the right event, one of the restrictions is 'CAR TYPE must be Pre-Tuned'.

Next, go to Buy Cars. Scroll left and hit Search. Hit X to Show All. Then hit X again to view 'Car List'. If you hit RB and LB you will see all manner of categories to view and sort, including CAR TYPE, which we're after here. (Hit X to sort on the column once you've found it to make life easier too).

It's several steps but that's how I've found out which cars are considered a certain BODY TYPE, CAR TYPE, etc.

SarBear

nagge said:
Well then you know what to do!

You can't let me beat you with a nascar around catalunya :D

I'm not a follower of racing and such, so I'm a little unaware of how offensive this should be. ;)

I'll get around to switching to manual w/clutch. I've used it before, and the upshifting was seamless for me. However, it's the downshifting that has me confused.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
yup, would appreciate more people online as well.
sorry for the sasmy07 player, was an old friend of mine who had his first online day today.

G Rom

Don't worry. I actually have uploaded the replay of the battle between his F50 and my GT40 in the Alps. You should check it out, it was awesome close racing where he ultimately
got owned at the last corner.
:lol

G Rom

I'm still online, I've made a video of Onkel's near miss toward the end of the Tag game on Maple Valley. It was insanely close ! :lol

SarBear

SarBear said:
I'm afraid I'm approaching my limit without using a clutch.

I lied.

If anyone wants to race, just invite me in! Guest, G Rom, Onkel, anyone? You guys will never get better at the Ring if you don't practice!

Sorry about the lack of updates but Skyrim has been owning my soul recently. I will update the leaderboards for our Event tomorrow morning.

Hawaii 22

Neo Member
2600 said:
Try this: When viewing the event description screen, hit X to "View Restrictions". - and other good advice
Sad thing is, I actually tried this. Just checked again and I have to admit, I failed to recognise that all the Asian Pre-Tuned cars in the list are allowed to drive the event.
Now I found the RX-8, the Mugen Civic '10 - and the RMR Genesis, which is the Rhys Millen Racing Genesis Coupe, available in every Hyundai Store near you. :(
Well, another thing learned. Thanks for your help!

Gor@n

Neo Member
Bernbaum said:
I love this game and it's probably my GotY but fuck me do I hate ten pin challenges.

I don't mind them, but i hate some of the events. A-class on Iberian,Camino Viejo or Ladera short/mini circuit, seriously who thought that was a good idea? All i end up doing is playing bumper cars, i manage to get to the front but its not pretty.

Grassy

Shortt Sirket said:
Sorry about the lack of updates but Skyrim has been owning my soul recently. I will update the leaderboards for our Event tomorrow morning.

Don't worry, I've put 30 hours into Skyrim over the weekend. I just can't stop playing it right now but I will get back into Forza 4 soon enough(don't kick me out of the club please!).

Well, as soon as the Web Leaderboards are back online I will update with the winners of the C Class All Assists Challenge.

Seriously, Skyrim is like digital crack. Thank god I took all week off to play!

skyfinch

Bernbaum said:
I love this game and it's probably my GotY but fuck me do I hate ten pin challenges.

I don't mind them at all. In fact, I've just completed all the "special" events in the event listing and wish there were more bowling, track days and autocross. I've only completed 38% of the event listing, but from here on, it's purely racing.

edit. Wow, nice video, kamkor.

SarBear

nagge said:
So Shortt, will there be a possibility to win some DLC codes for the December pack? :)

I'm almost positive Jube will throw a few into the bucket granted we get some challenges going. However, I would love an opportunity to earn more unicorn cars.

BADNED

Would be great if they would gift a unicorn from time to time to VIP's.

Have nothing against a 360 CS awaiting me in the file depot.

SarBear

BADNED said:
Would be great if they would gift a unicorn from time to time to VIP's.

Have nothing against a 360 CS awaiting me in the file depot.

I think instead of a pitiful 250k for VIPs who also purchased the Season Pass (speaking of which, where the hell is that at?), those users should be offered a unicorn of their choice. Seriously.

Anyone wanna pass that along?

kamkor

Neo Member
Thanks SarBear, CaramaC, skyfinch. :)

I agree with Badned about unicorns. I'm really missing e46 gtr and top secret s15.

SarBear

kamkor said:
Thanks SarBear, CaramaC, skyfinch. :)

I agree with Badned about unicorns. I'm really missing e46 gtr and top secret s15.

If you have access to the Aventador, make sure you enter a time in the Rivals event. That's how I got my GTR (I'm assuming).

guest1321

SarBear said:
I think instead of a pitiful 250k for VIPs who also purchased the Season Pass (speaking of which, where the hell is that at?), those users should be offered a unicorn of their choice. Seriously.

Anyone wanna pass that along?
YES! This needs to happen.

How do I turn down the difficulty of the opposition? Seriously, I've got a class B challenge where the other cars just speed away from me and I cant get close to the front, its outrageous. My cars speed rating is 8.0, and the launch and acceleration is good too, fuck knows how the other 'class B cars' are able to get such speed... Meh

Bucket-o-roadkill said:
How do I turn down the difficulty of the opposition? Seriously, I've got a class B challenge where the other cars just speed away from me and I cant get close to the front, its outrageous. My cars speed rating is 8.0, and the launch and acceleration is good too, fuck knows how the other 'class B cars' are able to get such speed... Meh
If you're playing in the Season Play, you cannot adjust the difficulty. You can, however, adjust the difficulty in the event list.

drugstore_cowboy said:
Wouldn't worry about getting 1st on every race in World Tour mode, you can always do them again at a lower difficulty level on the event list.

And some of them don't even seem to count towards the event list. Another reason to not worry too much about WT mode except for the achievement.

And x3 on that reply about a choice of unicorn for VIP and Season Pass owners. That would be way cooler than 250K credits. I can get that much just playing for half an hour or less.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I finally got a card to renew Live so I'd like to get on the waiting list for the car club. Still playing consistently.

Top Bottom