• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

SarBear

Guileless said:
I finally got a card to renew Live so I'd like to get on the waiting list for the car club. Still playing consistently.

pm me the code on the Live card. I'll get it all sorted out.

SarBear

retroBrand said:
Hmmmmm.....I see I have rival notifications. I wonder who they're from.

You will pay...

50-cent-o.gif

SarBear

twinturbo2 said:
With Need for Speed: The Run bombing reviews-wise, will EA share the Porsche license with Turn 10 again?

Well, EA's exclusive license with Porsche is up in December, so everyone is hoping that at some point Turn10/Microsoft strikes a deal and SOMEHOW gets a DLC package with Porsche in it. Of course, this is all wishful thinking.

retroBrand said:
LOL work is killing my free time.

Oh, ok. Understood. I thought you were saying that you would need to tap some inner chi and destroy me. You know, being real-life rivals and all.

twinturbo2 said:
With Need for Speed: The Run bombing reviews-wise, will EA share the Porsche license with Turn 10 again?
Nope.
On a side note I need a way to merge Forza 4, BF3, MW3, Gears 3, Skyrim and Assasins Creed Revelations into one game. Between working 11hrs a day and owning all these games I have no time to devote to them all.

:(

Shaneus

SarBear said:
Well, EA's exclusive license with Porsche is up in December, so everyone is hoping that at some point Turn10/Microsoft strikes a deal and SOMEHOW gets a DLC package with Porsche in it. Of course, this is all wishful thinking.
Is that 100% true? Because I know that's exactly what's happening with the Huayra, so if the license really is due to expire in December and it hasn't been renewed (and I'd hope that it hasn't, or at least MS threw enough money at Porsche to reconsider a renewal with EA) then there's every chance we could see them sometime next year.

Doubt it would do much for sales, but it would sure make fans REALLY happy.

sneaky77

soundscream said:
Nope.
On a side note I need a way to merge Forza 4, BF3, MW3, Gears 3, Skyrim and Assasins Creed Revelations into one game. Between working 11hrs a day and owning all these games I have no time to devote to them all.

:(

yeah thats why I am not even going to bother buying AC for now, I am still playing Forza and a couple other things, I have Gears 3 kicking around but haven't played it

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
SarBear said:
I didn't know that. Where did you hear this? I hope that something happens then.

I also hope that EA shares the license with Sega so that an XBLA port of Scud Race can happen, but that's a different story.

Anyone else here know about the troubles with vibration with the MS Speed Wheel?
The default vibration is barely noticable but if disconnecting the controller and reconnecting, Forza would pick it up as another wheel and vibration worked a charm.

I would have kept doing this forever but the Dashboard Preview fixes this bug and now the wheel is back to low / no vibration.

Unfortunately, Turn10 seem to have a complete absense of feedback to issues on their official forum.

Ding

Hey, guys. I'll be moving this winter, and rather than disassemble and move my Obutto/Fanatec setup, I'm thinking about just selling it. For say, $200? I'm in the SF Bay Area (east bay), and the buyer would need to come fetch it.

PM me if any of you have any interest. Thanks.

(Obutto cockpit, no monitor stand, 911 Turbo S wheel, H and standard shifters, standard pedals with clutch.)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Ding said:
Hey, guys. I'll be moving this winter, and rather than disassemble and move my Obutto/Fanatec setup, I'm thinking about just selling it. For say, $200? I'm in the SF Bay Area (east bay), and the buyer would need to come fetch it.

PM me if any of you have any interest. Thanks.

(Obutto cockpit, no monitor stand, 911 Turbo S wheel, H and standard shifters, standard pedals with clutch.)

ME.

Snubbers

N-Bomb said:
I'm outter of the loop. A patch for?

Known issues T10 say they are addressing
- 900 Degree steering issue - Hopefully they tidy up the whole 1:1 steering issue for simulation steering, remove any leftover countersteer assistance, and hide any 'wobble effects' seen in telemetry..

Known issues we hope T10 are addressing
- PI Calcs for Muscle cars (which are top speed limited)
- AI/Full Line issue (Braking points in silly places)
- AI difficulty / Gift cars - Since all your level up cars are pre-upgraded to top of class, the AI upgrades to top of class, you are then all max'd out leaving no room for dynamic AI upgrading to exceed your own. the gift cars should be not upgraded to leave some PI headroom, then it's easy to just do small upgrades as you want.
- the 999,999,999 credit glitch (if it hasn't already been fixed)
- put some proper protection on tunes/liveries so the hackers can't unlock them

G Rom

When you're talking about the Muscles, you're talking about the glitched cars right ? Because the top speed limit is fixed by putting a new gearbox in place of the shitty stock one. It's the same in GT5.

I don't really get what you're trying to say about upgrades though. It would be a mess if AIs had unlimited upgrades, you'd then only race in the top classes.

I hope we get some surprises like the gears animations we got in the FM3 TU.

guest1321

Snubbers said:
Known issues T10 say they are addressing
- 900 Degree steering issue - Hopefully they tidy up the whole 1:1 steering issue for simulation steering, remove any leftover countersteer assistance, and hide any 'wobble effects' seen in telemetry..

Known issues we hope T10 are addressing
- PI Calcs for Muscle cars (which are top speed limited)
- AI/Full Line issue (Braking points in silly places)
- AI difficulty / Gift cars - Since all your level up cars are pre-upgraded to top of class, the AI upgrades to top of class, you are then all max'd out leaving no room for dynamic AI upgrading to exceed your own. the gift cars should be not upgraded to leave some PI headroom, then it's easy to just do small upgrades as you want.
- the 999,999,999 credit glitch (if it hasn't already been fixed)
- put some proper protection on tunes/liveries so the hackers can't unlock them <---
This is actually a problem?

Gynoug79

yes, some of my Fm4 friends who are very much into the storefront removed all thier tunes,liveries and decals and wait for T10 to fix this.

Snubbers

G Rom said:
When you're talking about the Muscles, you're talking about the glitched cars right ? Because the top speed limit is fixed by putting a new gearbox in place of the shitty stock one. It's the same in GT5.

I don't really get what you're trying to say about upgrades though. It would be a mess if AIs had unlimited upgrades, you'd then only race in the top classes.

I hope we get some surprises like the gears animations we got in the FM3 TU.

The muscle car issue isn't a glitch, it's the fact the stock gearbox limits top speed, the PI calc comes out artificially low, allowing you to add more power etc and if you stick to circuits you never reach the lowish top speed, you have a big advantage, hence ruining some leaderboards, as they can be 5-10 seconds + quicker then any other car that isn't affected by the PI anomaly.

The AI thing would still be limited by class, the problem is the mechanism for AI upgrading is just too simplistic and if you combine that with pre-upgraded gift cars, it just makes it undynamic and limited.
The issue is two fold, firstly it's fuelled by bringing a max upgraded gift car, so the AI auto-upgrades to the max as well, that's the default behaviour.
Then, if I buy a stock car that is towards the bottom end of PI for the class, the AI won't adapt to that, they stick at the max PI for the class because of the last race, leaving a huge gap in performance.. so I am forced to upgrade to win..

I imagined a much more dynamic behaviour.. e.g.
Have a 'dynamic' PI margin that the AI can use.. this increases for every race I win, and decreases for every race I lose, bound by sensible max/min limits. e.g. +/- 10% (And limit to class maximum)
So assuming I do win all my races, and I want to race a D300 car, the AI would not be bringing out D350 max'd out cars, they'd have a max of D330 cars (max of 10% AI upgrade). In the next race, if I used a D310 car, they'd have a max of D341 cars (+10% again).. if I choose a D320, then they'd be limited to a D350 due to the class limit being reach when they added 10%..

And, if I struggle for some reason, all I do is bring out a D350 myself, the capping to the class limit allows me the ability to make it easier for myself..

There are some cars that aren't great that I want to run stock, but I can't.. I have to apply reasonable upgrades to get within about 5-10% of them before I can comfortably get to the front in 3 laps.

Mascot

I just hope Turn 10 add user-selectable difficulty to the World Tour mode. I'm around level 80 I think but I'd gladly delete my save file and start over if they patched it.

This adaptable/learning AI experiment has to one of the biggest failures in recent gaming history. It couldn't have worked more ineffectively if they'd deliberately tried to make it rubbish.

Muerte_X

The muscle car thing doesn't really sound like a problem. If you increase a car's PI because it does well on small tracks, it's going to be totally outclassed on other tracks with long straights, or where they would reach the top speed, creating the exact opposite problem. Unless you adjust the PI for everything, which sounds a lot more involved than just something with muscle cars. It seems like they've already increased the muscle cars' PI much higher over forza 3. I really hope this isn't something they're going to actually do.

I think it's just the nature of the game, some cars are suited to certain tracks more than others. If you look at any leaderboard, the top places are usually held by the same car (though sometimes it is a legit glitched car). You can't make every car exactly the same at the same PI, that would be pretty boring. You can't have every car with the same PI run the same time on the same tracks without ruining the game imo.

Has anyone heard anything about challenge we had going on? Not being part of the GAF club, I don't see most of the other people's times, so I feel out of the loop, lol. With other games coming out, I guess it's no surprise this thread is dying down. :(

Does anyone have any ideas for the next challenge we could do? Maybe we can figure one out with the people like me that are only playing Forza or aren't cracked out on other games. And have some ideas to have for when the people in charge of the challenges and giving out prizes decide to come back here.

I prefer racing ones, but I think we should do some sort of livery one for people that are into that alongside a racing challenge. I suck at livery editor, but I've seen some unbelievable creations come out of it, maybe have a theme and then have people vote on their favorite after a while?

h3ro

Muerte, I'm sure one of the GAF Club leaders could shoot you an invite.

I've really lost all steam on chipping away at the event list, gotta get back into it. I've been just grinding Rivals to get some quick credits. Marvel just came out and I haven't even touched Uncharted 3 yet (waiting on patch).

I hope they put out more Rivals events or do something for VIPs to keep interest in the game.

Muerte_X said:
With other games coming out, I guess it's no surprise this thread is dying down. :(

The discussion will die down a bit but a lot of us regulars are still playing. I'm not even 5% done with the game yet. I have a season and a half of left of Season Play before I even head into the event list.

It helps that Forza is my "regular" game in-between all the big releases.

Muerte_X

h3ro said:
Muerte, I'm sure one of the GAF Club leaders could shoot you an invite.

I've really lost all steam on chipping away at the event list, gotta get back into it. I've been just grinding Rivals to get some quick credits. Marvel just came out and I haven't even touched Uncharted 3 yet (waiting on patch).

I hope they put out more Rivals events or do something for VIPs to keep interest in the game.

I never thought I could be in the club. There were way too many people interested in the beginning and I don't find a lot of time to play online. I'm mostly into the rivals mode, and the current club I'm in basically died when MW3 came out. I saw the challenges here, realized you didn't have to be in the club to participate and thought I'd join in.

And actually, since the leaderboards show which assists you were using, it's pretty easy to figure out who was participating in this challenge. I'm not even really that concerned about it because the prize is only credits, I tried it more for the fun of it. It would be awesome if a car pack or unicorn or something could be a prize, but I don't see that happening.

I'm with you about the world tour/event list though, I started to hate the AI in world tour. Some of the traffic races are pretty fun though. Rivals mode is what really sold me on the game, it feels like I'm racing someone, without having to both be online. But no one I know has done much of the rivals mode though, and even though there's always someone from the leaderboards you can race, it's not the same as when you know the person. Maybe I'll try going into the event list and work my way through it that way, I haven't tried it that way, and maybe being able to adjust the difficulty of the AI will let me enjoy it more.

op_ivy

can you do the "track days" events in multiplayer (the ones with traffic)? that would be soo much fun.

also, i'm looking forward tot he next challenge, still hasnt been one though that i've had enough fun with to sink more then a few races into. been too busy with the career - i'm now at 25% or so :O

sneaky77

I finally finished season 9 of WT last night. Trying to get WT done before moving to event list.. although getting level 50 affinity is gonna take a while

op_ivy

sneaky77 said:
I finally finished season 9 of WT last night. Trying to get WT done before moving to event list.. although getting level 50 affinity is gonna take a while

yeah it is. my highest is a level 19 (LANCIA!) and i have several others in the 10-15 range. i guess i need to try and race with only one manufacturer as much as possible.

SarBear

So, what's up?

I can't stand Saint's Row 3 (don't even get me started on everything that's wrong with this game), and I'm just about finished with AssCreed Rev, so I'm hoping I can plant this Ferrari FF up someone's ass.

Any takers?

guest1321

SarBear said:
The.....XBox controller.

Where are we going with this?! @__@
I just wasn't sure if you had a full cockpit setup or what. I'll probably be online a fair amount next week starting sunday night/monday if anyone plans on being finished with the slew of ridiculous games that have come out (and wants to play forza of course).

Seanspeed

Banned
op_ivy said:
can you do the "track days" events in multiplayer (the ones with traffic)? that would be soo much fun.

also, i'm looking forward tot he next challenge, still hasnt been one though that i've had enough fun with to sink more then a few races into. been too busy with the career - i'm now at 25% or so :O
You could probably make something a little like that.

Set up two classes. One with F/E-class cars and then a faster class. Have everybody actually racing enter in the fast class and have the AI be the slower ones? Not sure if you can set the AI to be a specific class, but you might. I'd check it out, but my XboxLive Gold ran out and I dont plan on renewing til maybe this weekend or next week since I'm completely absorbed in Skyrim right now. I did do some laps yesterday, though. Game still feels fresh. Looking forward to getting back online and racing.

EDIT: On second thoughts, it probably wouldn't feel the same as the cars would be too spaced out on all but the tightest tracks.

What's up Mr Green? Did you not like my car that I specially made for you??

And I swear I will try to get the Final Leaderboards up here soon. The winner will get a car worth up to $1.5 million and I will be gifting different cars to all the other participants. All in all, the total payouts will be around $3 million.

I know it' been a while since you heard from me, but here is a little something to look forward too. Will let you know when the paints are done, both of them will have a nice tune to go with them. I've been really sick lately, and today, when I thought it's over it got worse lol It will take probably few more days to get healthy again but I'm doing my best. It's really hard to focus on painting when you have a fever :)

6347155461_09a7f80899_z.jpg

6347155457_99a695c425_z.jpg

6355700277_513eedc958_z.jpg

Hajaz

anyone still got any pre order cars they want to exchange? i just got an extra bmw 1m coupe and honda cr-z ex code...

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Why does this game refuse to let me race S class in World Tour. Only gives me R3 options when I use an S car. I can race pretty much any other class.

Oh well. At least I got 1 season with the cars I wanted to use.

Mascot

Good (nay, EXCELLENT) stuff, Hertz (as usual).

Love your paints. They are exactly my style.

I'll be getting all (as usual) and five-starring them (as usual).

I'm such a fanboy of your paints, if you do one for a car I don't own, I'll rush out and buy the car especially. Please don't do any for the $10m+ cars..! :lol

MW3 is pissing me off to the point of murder, so I'll be back on FM4 this weekend, I promise.

SarBear

Ok.....Turn10.....

.....I'm all for having gifts waiting for me in my in-basket, really, I am! However, I think there's a mixup because I keep receiving the same Joss JT1, Ferrari 458, and RX-7 from the pre-order fiasco. Seriously, I just KNOW you guys meant to send me a 360 Challenge Stradale or a Lambo instead, so I'm willing to overlook things in the end.

Right?

Top Bottom