• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

SarBear said:
Ok.....Turn10.....

.....I'm all for having gifts waiting for me in my in-basket, really, I am! However, I think there's a mixup because I keep receiving the same Joss JT1, Ferrari 458, and RX-7 from the pre-order fiasco. Seriously, I just KNOW you guys meant to send me a 360 Challenge Stradale or a Lambo instead, so I'm willing to overlook things in the end.

Right?

At least you are getting them. I haven't even received the Joss yet.

nagge

Sarbear you sneaky bastard, I booted up Forza and what do I see? You have beaten several of my times without using me as you're rival, so I had to go through every single event to see which ones you had beaten me in :D

Still have the Road America one that I just noticed, but that will have to wait for another day.

Aurarian

Got Bucket List last night without finishing the event list. I was only 2% away from 100% when I got it. Hoping to finish off the last two championships I need today.

Sarbear you sneaky bastard, I booted up Forza and what do I see? You have beaten several of my times without using me as you're rival, so I had to go through every single event to see which ones you had beaten me in :D

Still have the Road America one that I just noticed, but that will have to wait for another day.

Guess who he's using a whipping boy, I mean rival. Guess who he's using as a rival.

skyfinch

Got Bucket List last night without finishing the event list. I was only 2% away from 100% when I got it. Hoping to finish off the last two championships I need today.

Good lord!! I thought I was going hard with event listing. Only at 43%.

If I remember correctly, it took me about 4-6 months to complete FM3. It'll probably be the same this time. Can only take a hour of playing the same races over and over before I get bored and tune out.

What I liked about FM3 is that the event listing was less restrictive, plus there were a lot more races that I could use R1 cars in. Love the R1 class, however, there are so little races that use them in FM4.

Anyway, for the love of god, Turn 10, give us some DLC track packs!! I'm dying here.

XShagrath

What I liked about FM3 is that the event listing was less restrictive, plus there were a lot more races that I could use R1 cars in. Love the R1 class, however, there are so little races that use them in FM4.
If you don't care about credits (or difficulty), then you could turn off the Class Restriction in the Difficulty menu and drive R1 cars all day long.

Aurarian

Good lord!! I thought I was going hard with event listing. Only at 43%.

If I remember correctly, it took me about 4-6 months to complete FM3. It'll probably be the same this time. Can only take a hour of playing the same races over and over before I get bored and tune out.

Anyway, for the love of god, Turn 10, give us some DLC track packs!! I'm dying here.

Usually doing the tracks with different cars is enough for me, but it eventually does get a bit repetitive. The last column is enormous though. 2 heats for each race and there are 12 races to a championship. Before I started the last column, I was doing an easy 5-7% per day. I've only managed about three championships or less a day since they take much longer.

C Class Alps All Assists Challenge

Take any C class car you want and run the Bernese Alps - Stadtplatz Reverse course. All times must be made with ALL ASSISTS ON! That is right; auto brake, auto steer, TCS, ASM, Autmatic, etc must ALL be on for the time to count.

The easiest way to run this is to go to Free Play -> Time Trial - Bernese Alps -> Stadtplatz Reverse.

Time Frame: From Now (11/4) to 11:59pm EST on 11/13

Car Restrictions: Class C and NO DART/SUPERBEE

Other Restrictions: ALL ASSISTS ON

Hint: Turn the brake pressure down to 0% to prevent the AI from braking

Prizes: A total of $3Million to be handed out.

--------------------
Final Leaderboard

1. Muerte X - 01:44.042
2. oODHOo - 01:44.139
3. Big Takeover - 01:44.539
4. retroBrand - 01:44:552
5. massproduction - 01:44.778
6. skyfinch - 01:45.230
7. P3tRaN - 01:45.437
8. x Grassy x - 01:45.644
9. Mc Kane - 01:45.667
10. Yoritomo79 - 01:45.849
11. LoopOfHenle - 01:46.570
12. Seanspeed - 01:48.133
13. Union 360 - 01:48.947
14 SoundScream13 - 01:50.121
15. Shortt Sirket - 01:50.366
16. Templar Wizard - 01:54.881
17. burgerdog69 - 01:55.306

Congrats to Muerte for pulling out the win at the last minute. PM me if you want the car or the $1.5mil. I will be sending out Friend Requests to random people to gift them random cars. Thanks again for everyone who participated.

And sorry it took so long for me to get these results up. The website leaderboards still aren't working and this has been my vacation week.

skyfinch

Forza's one of those long term games. Once you guys get your fill of Skyrim, Assassin's Creed, Batman, MW3, and BF3, you'll come back...

...Damn, there were a lot of good games released within a few months.

Seanspeed

Banned
Forza's one of those long term games. Once you guys get your fill of Skyrim, Assassin's Creed, Batman, MW3, and BF3, you'll come back...

...Damn, there were a lot of good games released within a few months.

Yea, I'll be playing Forza 4 for the next couple years for sure. Skyrim will last me a while, and I'll probably be playing Battlefield 3 alongside Forza during the same span. I knew these three games would be incredible time sinks and it sucks they happened to all come out within a month of each other. Still, they all satisfy different urges for me, and I dont think there will ever be a time where I wont have an urge to race. I feel like motorsports are in my blood now.

Muerte_X

Ouch! lol

Anyways, finally got Gold back. I'll be racing online tonight or tomorrow sometime. Its a testament to how good Forza 4 is that its even tempting me away from Skyrim.

lol, pulling out is always the way to go ;). Just managed to knock off a pretty good time a couple days before it ended. I really like that I did it with a car that's not anywhere else on that leaderboard, lol.

Short, I'm think the leaderboard problem may be on your end, it's always been working fine for me. But still thanks for all the work, it's a pain to look at all the times I'm sure, even with the online leaderboard.

Short, I'm think the leaderboard problem may be on your end, it's always been working fine for me. But still thanks for all the work, it's a pain to look at all the times I'm sure, even with the online leaderboard.

Hmm, I just checked and I think you are right. For some reason my Firefox doesn't show it but it works just fine on Chrome. Good to know for future reference.

Anyone have any suggestions for a new Challenge? And when does everyone want to get back on for some GAFTag again?

caramac

Shortt, Thx for sending the car through. Nice one Muerte, l'll have to send you a friend request, you never showed on my Friends+Car Club list. Not saying l could've beaten your time, my head was pretty much frazzled posting my own time....gah.

*edit, you posted your time a few pages back, didn't see that.

h3ro

Finally got my Joss yesterday! Thanks T10.

I wish they would update the Rivals events weekly or at least bi-weekly, they're getting stale.

Caddle

I hope you guys didn't remove me from the gaf club str8buzykltty. In florida on vacation that's why i havent been online in a while. Whoever removed me is in for a lot of trouble.

SarBear

Yea, it was brutal. Still no clutch, friend. ;)

Regretfully, you'll have to find someone else's Forza inbox to flood with Rival notifications, because I have to remove myself from the club. I won't be around for a very long time, made some stupid decisions this weekend....so now i have to take accountability for them.

When the time comes, if anyone is still playing, I'll join back up and continue to round out the bottom bracket of racing times.

caramac

Regretfully, you'll have to find someone else's Forza inbox to flood with Rival notifications, because I have to remove myself from the club. I won't be around for a very long time, made some stupid decisions this weekend....so now i have to take accountability for them.

Sounds bad man, good luck.

Muerte_X

Shortt, Thx for sending the car through. Nice one Muerte, l'll have to send you a friend request, you never showed on my Friends+Car Club list. Not saying l could've beaten your time, my head was pretty much frazzled posting my own time....gah.

*edit, you posted your time a few pages back, didn't see that.

Yeah, I posted my time a few pages back, I thought claiming first would've got more attention, but I figured people weren't interested. I know I'm not that good, how I won I really don't know, lol. The car I used had almost no handling mods too, I just really like that car in real life, since I have one. It had good acceleration so that long uphill straight was really what helped. I tried some of my better handling C cars and that part killed them. I thought a car with more power with ok handling would be the way to go since the auto braking really killed momemtum on a lot of parts.

I just used the "Near me" part of the leaderboards on the xbox. I just looked a few places above and below and assumed everyone who had all the assists on was part of the challenge.

I'll gladly accept the friend request. Most of my rivals times are ass though, lol. Either I did it just to do it (for the achievement) or the people on my friends list weren't trying either and when I beat them they never went back against me to beat my time.

Mascot

Finally got my Joss yesterday! Thanks T10.

Yeaaaah..! Finally got mine too. Thanks Turn 10.
Climbed a few Rivals ladders this weekend so apologies to anyone here getting spammed with notifications. And by "apologies", I mean "IN YOUR FACE, SUCKER!".

EDIT: Quick heads-up in the UK tonight, BBC2/BBC HD 8pm, "How to Build a Supercar" is all about the McLaren MP4-12C and the new McLaren Production Centre (which was opened last Thursday by the prime minister). It's where I've been spending much of my time over the past four months. Fantastic place, a petrolhead's dream.

EDIT 2: SarBear - WTF??!

When the time comes, if anyone is still playing, I'll join back up and continue to round out the bottom bracket of racing times.

I'm going to miss you man. Come back soon.

vader_NOOOO.jpg

Damn man, we are going to miss you. Good luck and I hope it all works out better than you are thinking.

Seanspeed

Banned

Damn man. Hope you're alright. :/

nagge

What?! Don't do this to me, who will I challenge now... :(

Hope everything works out for you, best of luck to you and I'm looking forward to seeing you when ever you come back.

sneaky77

Oh damn.. well.. I hope everything works out for the best

Can I get in the club? I want to get in on some of that rivals action.

GT: Rotavelle

Been playing for a few weeks now, enjoying it more than I thought I would after spending so much time in FM3. Thought maybe I'd had my fill for a while, but...nope!

skyfinch

I know leaderboards are not an accurate way of determining sales but they're on the verge of a million. Hopefully there will be a spike during Christmas.

Too many games released within a few short weeks, and FM4 got caught in-between.

Viva italia rivals event, competing for December DLC codes, could be the next GAF challenge as well! :)

It all depends if I get codes from Jube again. I am hoping, because its always a great way to renew interest in the game. Hopefully they will start giving out some DLC info since it will probably come in 2 weeks. (First Tues of the month)

Are people still interested in the "Guess the Car" game?

Pepto

Banned
Is there any use for the SSC Ultimate Aero? It seems like it just has too much power for just about any class. I now have tuned it for R3 class and it spins out in sixth gear...

Is there any use for the SSC Ultimate Aero? It seems like it just has too much power for just about any class. I now have tuned it for R3 class and it spins out in sixth gear...

Other than hitting 252 it really serves no purpose. Be lucky it doesn't spontaneously combust as opposed to spinning.

Top Bottom