• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

nagge

Nagge, you don't want those problems, you really don't. Saw you in the back of the pack fiddling with your traction, didn't i? ;)

heehee

Haha, touché, I'll pick a more competitive car next time you're around ;)

On a different note I've built like 10 different A-class cars during the last days, they all sound great but they might not be fast (don't want any aero upgrades to keep the stock look), but I love cruising around with them. RWD S5 is a great looking and sounding car that moves decently, not to mention the RS2 (rwd of course) :)

And I can't make it this weekend, going away...

SarBear

It looks like Sunday is going to more than likely be the day. I would block off about two good hours, just to be safe. Maybe less.

The club head-honcho is going to have to make something definite, such as a time. As per my conversation with him, we can do a few tracks or only a couple with a lot of laps. I would say at the most 5 tracks for the first outing. Also going to have to commit to a car class each outing.

Dont worry, I won't pick Nurburgring this time. ;)

Need to get in touch with Jube, however.

It looks like Sunday is going to more than likely be the day. I would block off about two good hours, just to be safe. Maybe less.

The club head-honcho is going to have to make something definite, such as a time. As per my conversation with him, we can do a few tracks or only a couple with a lot of laps. I would say at the most 5 tracks for the first outing. Also going to have to commit to a car class each outing.

Yup, I will PM him tonight. As for the tracks and races, I think Sunday should be to just get a feel for the different races and such. Then we can start keeping score, doing PI adjustments, handicapping, etc.

Seanspeed

Banned
Yup, I will PM him tonight. As for the tracks and races, I think Sunday should be to just get a feel for the different races and such. Then we can start keeping score, doing PI adjustments, handicapping, etc.

I think we should just dive right in. Let us know ahead of time what the track(s) will be and what PI we need to be working at and let us practice on our own. Until then, we can all discuss what we're using and what sort of setups work good and whatnot. Race time will be race time, though. That way we can keep up the posting on here while actually working towards something.

We can even do a qualifying session. Have a 10 minute time limit and set the winner to be the person with the fastest lap time(you can do that, right?). Then with the next race, order the grid by lobby points.

Not sure we need any handicapping, though. Maybe exclude the use of a few leaderboard cars, but thats it. Or even have a race with stock cars. If somebody is fast enough, they deserve to win, either way. Winning isn't everything anyways. I'll be happy to come in 3rd or whatever place so long as it was hard-earned and I had a good fight for it. I have a feeling that being on the podium wont be easy with some of you guys, anyways.

SarBear

I think we should just dive right in. Let us know ahead of time what the track(s) will be and what PI we need to be working at and let us practice on our own. Until then, we can all discuss what we're using and what sort of setups work good and whatnot. Race time will be race time, though. That way we can keep up the posting on here while actually working towards something.

We can even do a qualifying session. Have a 10 minute time limit and set the winner to be the person with the fastest lap time(you can do that, right?). Then with the next race, order the grid by lobby points.

Not sure we need any handicapping, though. Maybe exclude the use of a few leaderboard cars, but thats it. Or even have a race with stock cars. If somebody is fast enough, they deserve to win, either way. Winning isn't everything anyways. I'll be happy to come in 3rd or whatever place so long as it was hard-earned and I had a good fight for it. I have a feeling that being on the podium wont be easy with some of you guys, anyways.

I like you.

Edit: Got the "go-ahead" from Jube on prizes. Just up to the big wig and the subordinates to lock the details into place.

I like you.

Edit: Got the "go-ahead" from Jube on prizes. Just up to the big wig and the subordinates to lock the details into place.

Damn dude, I just PMed him too. LOL. I see how it is, trying to take over!

We can talk about it tomorrow and pin down the cars/tracks/etc.

SarBear

Damn dude, I just PMed him too. LOL. I see how it is, trying to take over!

We can talk about it tomorrow and pin down the cars/tracks/etc.

No, I couldn't be in charge. I'd get sniped.

I'll be here all day tomorrow. I've got a bottle of scotch and I'll be violently fiddling with my balls in anticipation of your PM.

sneaky77

yeah Sunday evening is def the best time for me.

Race ideas?

C425 First Gen Miatas. Must have a roll cage and stick a number on the door, rest is up to you. There's such a beast in the Club Garage if you want to check it out.

Western Trans-Am: RWD American Muscle Cars, B class, older than 1975, roll cage, sport (or worse) transmission, on Infineon Long, Leguna Seca and Sedona Club.

Gentleman'S-Club: Production-based S-class race cars. Must have Forza race-wing, splitter, roll cage, RWD, weight > 2200 lbs, power < 660 HP.

SarBear

Race ideas?

C425 First Gen Miatas. Must have a roll cage and stick a number on the door, rest is up to you. There's such a beast in the Club Garage if you want to check it out.

Western Trans-Am: RWD American Muscle Cars, B class, older than 1975, roll cage, sport (or worse) transmission, on Infineon Long, Leguna Seca and Sedona Club.

Gentleman'S-Club: Production-based S-class race cars. Must have Forza race-wing, splitter, roll cage, RWD, weight > 2200 lbs, power < 660 HP.

The fuck is up with the roll cages?

nagge

Race idea (even though I can't play this sunday): A600, rwd, no aero, full handling upgrades. ;)

Edit: And what time was decided? Late sunday nights (CET) won't work for me unfortunately :(

SarBear

Race idea (even though I can't play this sunday): A600, rwd, no aero, full handling upgrades. ;)

Edit: And what time was decided? Late sunday nights (CET) won't work for me unfortunately :(

Short and I will deliberate some time tomorrow and let everyone know.

Edit 2:

Bored, uploaded pics i took recently.

Mascot

These times for online GAF sessions... How do they translate into GMT?
It's about time I started swapping skidmarks with you lot.

Man, fired up the game to get some good sessions in and 2 of my first 3 races were 0 credit/0 experience ... I was really hoping this would be fixed by now. I've been kind of waiting to see if that gets patched as World Tour and the event list will be where I spend a majority of my time with this game for the first 6 months or so.

SarBear

SEASON PASS OWNERS!! CHECK YOUR GARAGE!!!!

My December DLC was already downloaded!

Edit: Nevermind, it was "Turn10'd" Meaning, it's there, but I can't even buy it. :/ What a cocktease.

If the plan is Sunday afternoon (19:00-ish), I'd definitely be into some of that.

Looking forward to building out some cars for it. I'll need to brush up on my controller skills too (speed wheel/no wireless headset).

LOVE this car.

yha3K.jpg

(My First Pic)

Okay, SarBear and I have thought up some great ideas for the races on Sunday. It is going to be three different race types with 2 races each. If anyone is decent with graphics and such and would like to help with a banner and images for this, pleas PM us and let us know. We will post all the information by tonight so everyone can test and tune their cars before Sunday.

p3tran

Banned
whazup gaf racing team? :D
I have a q. when is the car pack coming out?
skyrim has taken over my time, but maybe its time for a break.
I just fired up the game and was happy to see that I've received the t10 joss. nice! I'll take it for a spin.
btw, if the sunday races take place in euro-friendly hours I'll try to come race with you guys :)

Still...what time? I might make it home in time :D

Seanspeed suggested what I think is the perfect time: "Around 2-3PM Eastern Standard seems to see the best mix of Brits and Yanks on Forza. Thats only 7/8PM over in Britland, and 11AM/noon for the Californians."

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
Seanspeed suggested what I think is the perfect time: "Around 2-3PM Eastern Standard seems to see the best mix of Brits and Yanks on Forza. Thats only 7/8PM over in Britland, and 11AM/noon for the Californians."

Shiiiiit, that translates into 8-9pm Central European time, I am blocked at that time :( You don't want me to join, eh?

Top Bottom