• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

SarBear

SarBear's list was formatted differently before my post. ;)

THANKS FOR MAKING ME LOOK LIKE A DAMN FOOL, FOOL.

Carry on.

Also, for the R3 one, is it production or race-based, or just any Italian steed (besides Maserati, Alfa, Fiat, Pantera)?

I don't know what you're talking about. ;)

Any production R3 class Ferrari or Lamborghini is permitted.

Following Directions:

Ferrari 599 GTB
Ferrari 458 Italia
Lamborghini Aventador
Lamborghini LP640
Ferrari FXX

Being a Dunce:

Ferrari Risi 458
Ferrari Risi Competizione 430GT
F33 SP

Seanspeed

Banned
Couple suggestions:

Points System:

1st = 25 points
2nd = 20 points
3rd = 16 points
4th = 13 points
5th = 11 points
6th = 10 points
7th = 9 points
8th = 8 points
9th = 7 points
10th = 6 points
11th = 5 points
12th = 4 point
13th = 3 points
14th = 2 points
15th = 1 point
16th = 0 points

The MotoGP system, in other words.

Also - cosmetic damage. Its no fun to do long races in a car with a limp due to somebody else hitting it.

SarBear

Couple suggestions:

Points System:

1st = 25 points
2nd = 20 points
3rd = 16 points
4th = 13 points
5th = 11 points
6th = 10 points
7th = 9 points
8th = 8 points
9th = 7 points
10th = 6 points
11th = 5 points
12th = 4 point
13th = 3 points
14th = 2 points
15th = 1 point
16th = 0 points

Also - cosmetic damage. Its no fun to do long races in a car with a limp due to somebody else hitting it.

Shortt and I were debating that last point. There's pros and cons with each route. Hmm.....Bernese Alps I definitely want full simulation on. Because, you know, i like to see ya sweat. Perhaps we can compromise on the official races, however. =)

Couple suggestions:

Points System:

1st = 25 points
2nd = 20 points
3rd = 16 points
4th = 13 points
5th = 11 points
6th = 10 points
7th = 9 points
8th = 8 points
9th = 7 points
10th = 6 points
11th = 5 points
12th = 4 point
13th = 3 points
14th = 2 points
15th = 1 point
16th = 0 points

I like the point system suggested, but SarBear and I had talked about full Sim damage. I know it sucks to be slammed and all that, but I feel it loses some of that edge with no real damage. We can definitely see what the consensus is though.

Edit: DAMN YOU SARBEAR!!

SarBear

I like the point system suggested, but SarBear and I had talked about full Sim damage. I know it sucks to be slammed and all that, but I feel it loses some of that edge with no real damage. We can definitely see what the consensus is though.

Edit: DAMN YOU SARBEAR!!

I'm sorry, this shit has me excited so I'm right here! LoL I'll go back to hotlapping.

Seanspeed

Banned
If you make a mistake and hit a wall, you're still penalized by losing time and likely some race positions with 15 other people on-track. I think thats punishment enough and a good incentive to not make mistakes.

But those 15 other people on-track also means there's bound to be plenty of accidents between ourselves. If you hit somebody or something and get damage, you might deserve it, but it also has the effect of ruining somebody else's race that didn't do anything wrong. This is just an inevitability in real motorsports, but the difference is that they are all professional drivers/riders while we have a much larger variance in the experience levels of the people participating. Even with a good amount of respect and driving etiquette knowledge, its one thing to know you should avoid others, and another thing completely to have the car control and experience to acheive it.

If we were doing shorter races, I probably wouldn't mind, but if I'm right, then we're looking at:

~ 10 minute races for the Miata events(assuming Motegi will be Motegi West)
~ 15 minute races for the A-class events
~ 30 minute races for the R3 events

Thats a lot of time to carry around a limp car considering most accidents and damage will occur in the first lap. It also wouldn't be so bad if we could repair both aero and mechanical damage in the pits, but we cant.

I dunno. Its up to y'all, but I think having cosmetic damage would alleviate a lot of potential frustration that full damage would cause for everybody.

If you make a mistake and hit a wall, you're still penalized by losing time and likely some race positions with 15 other people on-track. I think thats punishment enough and a good incentive to not make mistakes.

But those 15 other people on-track also means there's bound to be plenty of accidents between ourselves. If you hit somebody or something and get damage, you might deserve it, but it also has the effect of ruining somebody else's race that didn't do anything wrong. This is just an inevitability in real motorsports, but the difference is that they are all professional drivers/riders while we have a much larger variance in the experience levels of the people participating. Even with a good amount of respect and driving etiquette knowledge, its one thing to know you should avoid others, and another thing completely to have the car control and experience to acheive it.

If we were doing shorter races, I probably wouldn't mind, but if I'm right, then we're looking at:

~ 10 minute races for the Miata events(assuming Motegi will be Motegi West)
~ 15 minute races for the A-class events
~ 30 minute races for the R3 events

Thats a lot of time to carry around a limp car considering most accidents and damage will occur in the first lap. It also wouldn't be so bad if we could repair both aero and mechanical damage in the pits, but we cant.

I dunno. Its up to y'all, but I think having cosmetic damage would alleviate a lot of potential frustration that full damage would cause for everybody.

You know, I think that is the best argument against full Sim damage, especially on the R3 races. Losing aero in that race will effectively put you out of the running completely. We can talk about the Miata and A Class races, but I do think that Cosmetic might be the best option for the R3 race.

Edit: And I really hope everyone can show up. Having these races with a full grid will be awesome.

Doesn't the game classify cars as "Production" or not? And I am sure you can use lower leveled Ferraris/Lambos and tune them up to R3. I am debating an R3 288GTO.

Oh, I know. The FXX might even be classified as a production car in the game, but they've probably made more GT2 430s than FXXs.

You're busting my balls. Fair enough. Although, even if someone uses it they will be at a disadvantage. It's not that great.

Really? I remember it being the easiest R3 car to drive in FM3 with all assists off.

SarBear

Really? I remember it being the easiest R3 car to drive in FM3 with all assists off.

There's one in the Club Garage. Try it out. I agree that in Forza 3 it was a beast, but as it stands in the R3 class, it's only above average, IMO. I'd take a slightly unpredictable 599 GTO over it or even a Diablo GTR.

The FXX doesn't corner as well as it did in FM3 in part because it has sport tires stock for some reason, and may have less downforce than before, though I don't know for sure. Also, I remember it being a rocket in terms of acceleration and top speed in FM2 whereas from FM3 on it's been a bit of a dog. Definitely not worth 2.5 million cr.

SarBear

Like an idiot, I have put the number 17 on all of my cars, not just the Miata. LOL.

You should really think of putting the number "2" on your cars. As in, 2nd.

Those were good races, friend. Sorry I had to exit so suddenly. My sister was packing to leave for California last night and I wanted to spend some time with her before she left.

Better work on that braking between now and Sunday. Shit was GAHBAGE, son, GAHBAGE!

LOL my breaking is superb.

BTW after you left, I got some hate mail on your behalf. Apparently my "homosexual" friend (you) needs to be taught how to drive.

Oh, and I might use American power in the A class race. Might.

SarBear

LOL my breaking is superb.

BTW after you left, I got some hate mail on your behalf. Apparently my "homosexual" friend (you) needs to be taught how to drive.

Oh, and I might use American power in the A class race. Might.

I admit, I'm a little aggressive, but nothing intentional. When M.Rossi isn't in the race, I need to take his place. I think some of them were upset at me getting clipped and causing a six car pileup....or sticking to my inside line when they decide to try to block me out. I tell everyone, I'M STILL GOING IN!

Besides, they should be more concerned with getting smoked by 5 seconds per lap rather than a bump here and there.

Edit: Fuck it, I lied. When we raced Hockenheimring and I got spun before the straight, I tried to regain control/traction without going into the grass like a gentleman...therefore "blocking" anyone from advancing in front of me. Had I not been clipped, however, this wouldn't have happened.

Eh, screw those guys. Hey at least at Hockenheim you apologized. I just give my tv screen the middle finger when I hit someone. BTW which Infineon are we using? Long, Indy, or NASCAR?

Hey Crude, you can use whatever number you want, as long as you're looking at my back bumper. Deal? :D

Seanspeed

Banned
Fun few games of tag there. Left to finish up my masterpiece of a paintjob for my Miata:

pjfZJ.jpg

This'll be what I'm racing. #21

Fun few games of tag there. Left to finish up my masterpiece of a paintjob for my Miata:

pjfZJ.jpg

This'll be what I'm racing. #21

Oh GOD, it BURNS! Thankfully you will be behind me so I won't have to look at that monstrosity!

You all better be ready for the horrible racing ability and even worse liveries of Sirket Racing!

Iknos

The competition sounds intriguing. Can't promise I'll be there so I'll decline but maybe I'll be online a few hours later if people are still racing.

Any word if the patch fixes the speed sensitive steering issue? Dan mentioned it in that under the hood blog but didn't day if it was removed.

If they removed that for sim steering then it will be perfect.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
miata number.... one.

EDIT: wait, holy shit at the number of laps and number of races! no way i can be available for that long a stretch. the miata race is the least interesting to me, maybe i'll opt out and try to join 30-45min after the start time

miata number.... one.

EDIT: wait, holy shit at the number of laps and number of races! no way i can be available for that long a stretch. the miata race is the least interesting to me, maybe i'll opt out and try to join 30-45min after the start time

We can keep track of interest and do what people are available for. It is a decent time commitment, we know. What say you SarBear?

op_ivy

We can keep track of interesting and do what people are available for. It is a decent time commitment, we know. What say you SarBear?

just a suggestion, but maybe have one "official" weekly race, then people can stick around as long as there is interest in other races? thats how we handled the fm3 races back in the day

op_ivy

also, are we limited to using the exact same car and setup for both races in each event?

SarBear

We can keep track of interesting and do what people are available for. It is a decent time commitment, we know. What say you SarBear?

I hear you.....but what becomes an issue is awarding prizes. How in the world would we commit to prizes? Unless......answering coming shortly.

Or, we can lower the amount of laps in R3 to 10 or 8. That's about 35 minutes of racing for R3, 20 minutes for C, and 20 for A.

also, are we limited to using the exact same car and setup for both races in each event?

Absolutely not. Switch it up, my friend. I'm encouraging it.

Seanspeed

Banned
It is a lot of racing. I dont want the overall winner to be the person with the endurance/time to stick out all the events. I'm down for a nice 2-hour Forza session, but I'm not sure all 16 people are gonna be cool with that each weekend. Some options:

1 - Just one event, ~ 40 minutes long preceded by a 10 minute qualifying session. Change up the event restrictions each weekend to keep it fresh.

2 - Two events. One low-class ~ 10 minute race as a warm-up and then a ~ 40 minute main event. Only half points awarded for the first race. Stagger the classes to be like F/A, E/S, D/R3, C/R2, B/R1 or something.

3 - Three different events as it is now, but only one race in each.

Each option should keep the entire session to about an hour, which is reasonable.

op_ivy

multiclass racing, with random class assignments, would be interesting too. so many options :)

op_ivy

I thought about that, but there's no good way to score it properly. Would be fun for an unofficial race, though.

you'd have to award equal points for race standings in both classes and two winners. or, have classes switch after one race and have the overall point leader(s) after both races the overall winner.

EDIT: the miata sounds awful!

sneaky77

I think the amount of laps is good, maybe just reduce it to only 2 events. And yes if some people can only make it to one race that should be allowed as well.

G Rom

Unless a miracle happens, I probably won't race with you guys but here's a suggestion :
- Pick one track
- 10 min qualifying session
- 20 min race
- 10 or 15 min sprint race with start order reversed from the finish order of the 20 min race (i.e 1st starts 16th, vice versa).
With a full 16 players grid this could be a good challenge IMO.
I would use the Moto GP point system as suggested by someone earlier and would add 1 or 2 point (each) for pole and fastest lap in each race.

Top Bottom