• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

nagge

Shiiiiit, that translates into 8-9pm Central European time, I am blocked at that time :( You don't want me to join, eh?

I'd prefer an hour or two earlier to be honest, but majority rules :)

This is supposed to be a weekly thing I assume?

Better get those Acura NSX's ready, gentlemen.....

Thank god for your edit notes, I hate that car so much since the Senna challenge...

Deloreans at old Le Mans?

Stay tuned....

I think I would kill myself...

If nobody can do a banner or graphic for us, then I will have it up and all that hopefully soon. I don't think I will be able to tonight (forgot I had to do some stuff tonight.)

So I should be able to get the banner and all that finished by tomorrow morning. That still gives a couple days to get the cars tested and tuned.

SarBear

I think I would kill myself...

If nobody can do a banner or graphic for us, then I will have it up and all that hopefully soon. I don't think I will be able to tonight (forgot I had to do some stuff tonight.)

So I should be able to get the banner and all that finished by tomorrow morning. That still gives a couple days to get the cars tested and tuned.

You have a PM.

GRL.jpg

Nothing special. Maybe give more specifics and I can have my girl (the real PS wiz) make something better. Or if you're doing it too that's fine.

Frankfurt

Banned
If you were forced to choose between a cheap wheel without force-feedback (only lame-o "vibration feedback") and the Wireless Speed Wheel, which one would you choose?

I'm very iffy on the Speed Wheel due to the lack of RB and LB, but i'm sick of playing with the controller.

Also, will every game support any wheel, or can i get unlucky and end up buying a wheel that is supported in game X but not game Y?

Thanks!

SarBear

This Sunday, December 4th, GAF Racing Club is eager to extend a competitive race outing to all those affiliated with our club! Please join us at 2:30pm EST (do your conversions!) for whiskey, hand shaking, and extreme use of the phrase "My apologies, my good man."

Yea right, join us this Sunday for paint scraping, trash talking, profanity, blazing speeds, and a sense of competitiveness that even Rivals can't touch. This is the first of many planned weekly events, so please show some awesome support!

Event types (3):

Miata Madness - Get inside your 1st Generation Mazda Miata and try to keep it straight line! Tune your car up to Class C (425), but make sure you include a roll cage and slap a visible number on your paint job. C'mon, get creative!

Tsukuba (Full Circuit) - 10 Laps
Twin Ring Motegi (West Circuit) - 10 Laps

Open Class A-hole - We're opening this race up to any and ALL A-class cars! Tune that car all the way up to a PI of 600 and let 'er rip. This one is SURE to bring a challenge across all positions in the pack, so bring you....."A" game. Heh.

Infineon Raceway (Indy Circuit) - 7 Laps
Nurburgring GP (Short) - 7 Laps

Lambo VS Ferrari (R3)- Oh man, get ready for high-revving, zero mistake circuit racing! Long has the battle between these two titans ensued, and we're sure to add more fuel to the fire after this event. Gear up inside your favorite production Ferrari, or Lamborghini, auto and get it tuned to the note of 800 PI while screaming down those straights!

Mugello (Full Circuit) - 15 Laps
Silverstone Raceway (Grand Prix Circuit) - 15 Laps

PRIZES

Race everything you have under those panties, Gentlemen, because on top of earning a score that accumulates over the races, the Top 3 overall positions will win a Unicorn car supplied by the generous folks at Turn10 (thanks Jube!). Credits will ALSO be given out for those who do not place within the Top 3, so don't give up just because your Ferrari F50 can't keep up with a F40 (heh).

BONUS!:

For those who are still interested after the tough circuit racing, I, personally am laying out a challenge at Bernese Alps. Bring your FASTEST S-Class car out and burn the competition! No time trials, no rivals, ACTUAL racing. Yea, you'll have to do 190mph AND watch out for the car next to you. Pole position nets a prize car(s) up to 1.5 million dollars in value straight from me. Warning: Full Simulation Damage/Collisions for this single event.

Bernese Alps (Festival Reverse) - 5 Laps

Players (Miata Number):

Seanspeed
Sarbear (55)
Shortt Sirket (25)
Benjamin Birdie
LiquidSnake
Guest 1321
retroBrand (17)
CrudeDiatribe (7)
Ox Nagge (33)
Op Ivy (maybe)
Granholme
Big Takeover (maybe)
P3Tran (maybe)
h3ro (maybe)
cjelly
Union 0015

Reserve:

Flyinpiranha
Gragy10
Zorbsie

(unless we get another 10 ish players for a second room, those under Reserve are replacing any drop outs. Sorry, you know how this goes already. :/)

If you were forced to choose between a cheap wheel without force-feedback (only lame-o "vibration feedback") and the Wireless Speed Wheel, which one would you choose?

I'm very iffy on the Speed Wheel due to the lack of RB and LB, but i'm sick of playing with the controller.

Also, will every game support any wheel, or can i get unlucky and end up buying a wheel that is supported in game X but not game Y?

Thanks!
Speed Wheel, no question. It's easy to switch back and forth between a controller for painting etc., and the Speed Wheel for driving*. Just pop the batteries on one, and turn on the other with the guide button.

*Provided you're using auto-gears. There's a bug that needs to be fixed pronto which makes it a bit trickier with a manual gearbox.

h3ro

I'd like to try my hand at a few races if that's ok. I'm not definitely sure I'm free, but I'll give it a shot if I am.

amar212

Apparently, new 8MB patch fixes Simulation Steering, 900 degree support and makes everyrhing as promised.

Still have to get home and try it, but if true - thank you very much Turn 10 and Fanatec!

Apparently, new 8MB patch fixes Simulation Steering, 900 degree support and makes everyrhing as promised.

Still have to get home and try it, but if true - thank you very much Turn 10 and Fanatec!

Would be great if someone could confirm that the vibration for Speed Wheel has been fixed.

Damn, I only just sold my wheel.

Missed the pre-order cutoff on the CSR-E by hours so now no Forza until after xmas or whenever Fanatec releases it properly.

nagge

You change me to "very likely" :)

Although I won't have any opportunity to build and test any cars before hand, but it is what it is and so I will lean on Sarbear in every bend... ;)

Although I won't have any opportunity to build and test any cars before hand, but it is what it is and so I will lean on Sarbear in every bend... ;)

Yeah, I am crazy busy this weekend and I am not sure if I can tear myself away from Skyrim. Going to have to wing it, but I already have cars that match these specs from a while back, so it will be easy to just fiddle with them a bit.

(PS Anyone in Indy should come to the Bubble Bash/Foam Party tomorrow night. Gonna be awesome!)

Joined up Thursday night and promptly donated my beautiful (HAND-MADE!!)N DHARMA Logo'd Ford Ka to the club.

I should be around Sunday, but I'm super low level and don't have cars of my own in the garage to compete. Are there other cars/options available?

SarBear

There's more than enough room on the field for you and retroBrand to battle it out for 4th. I'm not too easy to keep up with through turns.....but as I'm sure you noticed it's those straights that get me. Need to get used to the clutch. ;)

Players:

1. Seanspeed
2. Sarbear
3. Shortt Sirket
4. Benjamin Birdie
5. LiquidSnake
6. Guest 1321
7. retroBrand
8. CrudeDiatribe
9. Ox Nagge (likely)
10. Op Ivy (maybe)
11. Granholme
12. Big Takeover (maybe)
13. P3Tran (maybe)
14. h3ro (maybe)
15. cjelly
16. Union 0015

Reserve:

Don't be afraid to show up people! As stated, there will be a prize given for the silliest shit that happens during the race....

Joined up Thursday night and promptly donated my beautiful (HAND-MADE!!)N DHARMA Logo'd Ford Ka to the club.

I should be around Sunday, but I'm super low level and don't have cars of my own in the garage to compete. Are there other cars/options available?

We can try to get some in the GAF Club for people who can't tune or don't have the time. We will see who will have the time.

Frankfurt

Banned

Thanks!

Any more opinions?

(Thanks, Takeover)

SarBear

We can try to get some in the GAF Club for people who can't tune or don't have the time. We will see who will have the time.

Yea, I'll get on in a few and tune a couple Lamborghini, Ferrari, and A class models. I have no idea what i'm doing with the damn Miata.
-__-

Shortt, you're definitely in charge of scoring, if you don't mind?

Yea, I'll get on in a few and tune a couple Lamborghini, Ferrari, and A class models. I have no idea what i'm doing with the damn Miata.
-__-

Shortt, you're definitely in charge of scoring, if you don't mind?

Not a prob. I do data as my job, so I don't mind.

And I will try to get a quick tune up on my storefront for the Miata. We should put free tunes up, bc people will still need to have numbers for their cars. Which, btw, we need to get. Tell us your number so we can add it. Mine is 25.

Would be great if someone could confirm that the vibration for Speed Wheel has been fixed.
I just tested it:

- Switching between SW/controller works (remembers speed wheel option)
- Rumble works

Sweet!

Just because it's finally fixed, I'll pick up a wireless mic so I can use it on Sunday.

Goddamn it took long enough, but props for getting it fixed. I really hope the wheel stuff is taken of too as Amar suggests.

Gynoug79

Just had a quick test and can say that the counter steering assist is removed and that i couldnt replicate the 0 credit glitch. But the 900° issue still persists and you need to do the - switching between 270°/900° and reconnect trick - if you want to have a useable linearity in 900° mode.

I just tested it:

- Switching between SW/controller works (remembers speed wheel option)
- Rumble works

Sweet!

Just because it's finally fixed, I'll pick up a wireless mic so I can use it on Sunday.

Goddamn it took long enough, but props for getting it fixed. I really hope the wheel stuff is taken take of too as Amar suggests.

Excellent. Thanks for the update. Will start playing again.

SarBear

Players (number on side of Miata):

Seanspeed
Sarbear (55)
Shortt Sirket (25)
Benjamin Birdie
LiquidSnake
Guest 1321
retroBrand (17)
CrudeDiatribe (7)
Ox Nagge (likely) (33)
Op Ivy (maybe)
Granholme
Big Takeover (maybe)
P3Tran (maybe)
h3ro (maybe)
cjelly
Union 0015

Reserve:

Flyinpiranha
Gragy10
Zorbsie

(unless we get another 10 ish players for a second room, those under Reserve are replacing any drop outs. Sorry, you know how this goes already. :/)

I dont think that list is for designating your car#. Nobody's called 7, so that one's yours.

SarBear's list was formatted differently before my post. ;)

THANKS FOR MAKING ME LOOK LIKE A DAMN FOOL, FOOL.

Carry on.

Also, for the R3 one, is it production or race-based, or just any Italian steed (besides Maserati, Alfa, Fiat, Pantera)?

Top Bottom