• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

nagge

Good to institute some damn rules. Also we need to play with damage on more often to discourage the piles up we were having. That race on infineon was great untill someone ran me off the track not once but three damn times. Still manage to grab the 8th spot after coming from last (str8buzykltty).

Damage just makes it worse. Had damaged been on yesterday my race on infineon had been over after two corners. Limping around...instead I had a great race catching up.

So damage only adds insult to injury, being hit of track is enough of a punishment, until we get the perfect racing game that only damages the one who was to blame (and that is not possible).

I had to be aggressive because I had the worst cars for both races.

Next time I want a level playing field. Stock setups or pre-upgraded and tuned car that everyone downloads.

Agressive and reckless isn't the same, just saying ;)

And on your other comment, that sounds really boring. The thing that I like is seeing many different cars tuned differently and driven differently still being able to keep the same pace.

gragy10

+1 on compulsory mics - i had major battery issues so mine was unplugged and found it made 'spatial promotion' way harder

gragy10

Damage just makes it worse. Had damaged been on yesterday my race on infineon had been over after two corners. Limping around...instead I had a great race catching up.

So damage only adds insult to injury, being hit of track is enough of a punishment, until we get the perfect racing game that only damages the one who was to blame (and that is not possible).

I thought damage worked pretty well on the S class bonus round, tho a smaller field prob helped

I had to be aggressive because I had the worst cars for both races.

Next time I want a level playing field. Stock setups or pre-upgraded and tuned car that everyone downloads.

Dude, I was driving a VOLVO! I don't want to hear about shitty cars. Sometimes the shittier cars are the most fun to drive. I mean, who knew it was so easy to roll a massive piece of Swedish steel?

Okay, I have an idea on how to deal with people who don't follow the proper etiquette without it getting all personal in here.

PM me your grievances. Tell me which race, who it was, what they did and any proof you might have. I will keep a running list of it and if people get too many marks against them we can either warn, penalize, suspend or (hopefully it won't come to this) ban them from racing.

That way it will be anonymous and SarBear and I will double check the crashes and see who's fault it was or how intentional it was.

Does that sound good?

h3ro

Okay, I have an idea on how to deal with people who don't follow the proper etiquette without it getting all personal in here.

PM me your grievances. Tell me which race, who it was, what they did and any proof you might have. I will keep a running list of it and if people get too many marks against them we can either warn, penalize, suspend or (hopefully it won't come to this) ban them from racing.

That way it will be anonymous and SarBear and I will double check the crashes and see who's fault it was or how intentional it was.

Does that sound good?

Shortt Sirket
GAF's Charlie Whiting
(Today, 01:24 PM)

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
How about a Tag tournament for the next racing day? 5 Minutes per turn, Circuit de Catalunya school course ( no pit lane), every class goes?

guest1321

Accidental edit turned double post incoming. Sorry guys :/

Dude, I was driving a VOLVO! I don't want to hear about shitty cars. Sometimes the shittier cars are the most fun to drive. I mean, who knew it was so easy to roll a massive piece of Swedish steel?

I wholeheartedly believe that your commentary on your swedish hunk of steel made that race for me.

Woah! No love for me on motegi east! Last place with a DNF surely counts for something...

Ah, sorry man! I will add it in when I get a chance.

I wholeheartedly believe that your commentary on your swedish hunk of steel made that race for me.

Haha, glad I could be of service. I was so far behind after getting shunted off the track so many times that I was just doing my own race at that point. The Volvo was actually doing pretty well until people kept slamming me off the course.

And no worries about the stock tuning/etc. We might do a few stock races, but most of the time tuning will be allowed. That is where a majority of the fun is after all.

Also, would anyone with talent be willing to work on a fairly basic but nice livery for our Mazda races? SarBear and I are going to make that one a staple for a while and we thought having a legit racing livery for it would be cool. Something that could be gifted unlocked so we can add our number and maybe some small individual flair. If you would like to do it, let us know. I will even try to throw in a nice prize for whoever does it.

And no worries about the stock tuning/etc. We might do a few stock races, but most of the time tuning will be allowed. That is where a majority of the fun is after all.

Eh, stock car races are fun, but it probably won't change the order in which we finish. Whether we are racing the same car of not, the cream rises to the top.

But that wasn't the reason for my frustration...

Total Points
Seanspeed 70
Dead Poul 58
Ox nagge 52
CrudeDiatribe 35
retroBrand 33
Union 360 30
Granholme 26
ZORBS 21
Shortt Sirket 17
Big Takeover 16
SoundScream13 15
str8buzkitty 15
Crunchin Jelly 7
Guest1321 6

Crude....I'm coming...

Iknos

Sim steering is pretty much sim steering now.

Tested on P911TS with regular pedals lol. Old firmware. Need to dial things in but so far so good. So so good. For the first time in a long time in the Forza series I'm actually fishtailing. As sad as that sounds but props to T10 fir listening to its fans.

Going to buy all the DLC for the game now. Got LE so getting the season pass is not the way to go right? I'll be buying early January anyways so no rush on an answer I won't have time to get into the game right now. But wow it feels so good.

So to be clear no speed related assist and no counteering oscillation assist and no counter steering bug where it goes to 270 mode.

The only thing I noticed is that the last 180 degrees on either side results in minimal steering input. But this could be due to my firmware or I didn't start the wheel right. Regardless I am just happy that sim steering has absolutely no assists applied to it!

Iknos

Stubo I wanted some LE cars which is why I got it plus because I thought VIP would be cool as it sorta was in FM3.

Didn't do a full scale analysis of it so beyond that all I can add is that on Canada it seems that there is a decent amount available. I am looking now for an Xmas gift and I saw some at best buy.

Stubo

Stubo I wanted some LE cars which is why I got it plus because I thought VIP would be cool as it sorta was in FM3.

Didn't do a full scale analysis of it so beyond that all I can add is that on Canada it seems that there is a decent amount available. I am looking now for an Xmas gift and I saw some at best buy.
Thanks for the reply, it seems to be quite scarce in the UK and copies are selling for high prices on eBay. I read some articles saying that not enough were shipped to fill preorders, though that's possibly more relevant in the US than the UK.

I have the LE versions of Forza 2 and 3, and regret not buying 4 on release. Are the LE cars available through the auction house at all? Or would I just have to hope for a future DLC release?

I hope you guys didn't think that I have only one design for upcoming DLC, didn't you? Here is a little something for Maserati Gran Turismo MC GT4. It has some very nice tiny detais on it, on the white parts, but it's really hard to see it on the pictures :)

6464362521_e9f06dfa69_z.jpg

6464362547_5690986bf7_z.jpg

6464362543_c0c321a759_z.jpg

6464362535_6003d64992_z.jpg

guest1321

I hope you guys didn't think that I have only one design for upcoming DLC, didn't you? Here is a little something for Maserati Gran Turismo MC GT4. It has some very nice tiny detais on it, on the white parts, but it's really hard to see it on the pictures :)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7019/6464362521_e9f06dfa69_z.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7004/6464362547_5690986bf7_z.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7168/6464362543_c0c321a759_z.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7165/6464362535_6003d64992_z.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

You know, I really have no interest in the upcoming DLC, but I believe I will now be getting it due to the awesomeness of your paint jobs! Wow man, that is awesome! So much talent

Thanks mate :)

Oh by the way guys, did I say two paints? I'm really sorry I meant three paints, I forgot I have a little something for Raptor as well :) Seriously, this is the last paint I have for this DLC, haven't slept in 54 hours as of now and there is no way I can make any more paints for tomorrow. Have fun guys and if you like any of those paints go for it.

Cheers, HD

6464955061_ae77261968_z.jpg

6464955065_00009f7bd3_z.jpg

6464955063_a94e700930_z.jpg

Mascot

Thanks for the invite the other day (sorry - can't remember who sent it..!). I was in the middle of a ranked match in FIFA but as soon as that finished (which was less than ten minutes) I checked my FL and everybody was already off doing other things. D'oh!

Oh well, maybe next time.

EDIT: BTW, Hertz - you have a real eye for proportional aesthetics and use of colours in your liveries. Have you had formal graphic design training? Great designs, as always.

amar212

Sim steering is pretty much sim steering now.

Yes, it is.

What baffles me is how almost no discussion has been put into it here, despite how it is the single most important thing that have happened to the Forza series in its history.

I am still running many tests - I have just received new firmware for the my beta-test CSR Elite - and I'll be posting a big overview of the new physics and its relation to the Elite wheel in the CSR Elite thread I am preparing for the end of the week.

What I really hope T10 will do is establishing some kind of separate online hoppers for Simulation physics so that players who will use it can find more potential players outside the friends lists.

But new Simulation physics is vast improvement over all physics in the series so far and I really find it as mammoth step towards real simulation physics. Great job for both Turn 10 and Fanatec and I really hope how future updates (patches) will improve it even more.

Snubbers

Yes, it is.

What baffles me is how almost no discussion has been put into it here, despite how it is the single most important thing that have happened to the Forza series in its history.

I am still running many tests - I have just received new firmware for the my beta-test CSR Elite - and I'll be posting a big overview of the new physics and its relation to the Elite wheel in the CSR Elite thread I am preparing for the end of the week.

What I really hope T10 will do is establishing some kind of separate online hoppers for Simulation physics so that players who will use it can find more potential players outside the friends lists.

But new Simulation physics is vast improvement over all physics in the series so far and I really find it as mammoth step towards real simulation physics. Great job for both Turn 10 and Fanatec and I really hope how future updates (patches) will improve it even more.

I was expecting more fanfare, but I knew that most of the people where just jumping on an easy band-wagon.. Shame really, the difference is night and day, although I think a few people have been surprised how different/hard it is!

It does make me wonder, as it seems a degree more challenging then other games, which begs the question, are the FM4 physics borked and it's harder then it should be, or are the other games actually carefully tweaked to make it more driveable (despite being heralded as the most perfect 'simulators' ever)..

Food for thought..

Shaneus

With the update of sim physics for the 900 wheel, has there been a change in the physics/steering for the controller or the speed wheel (or the 270 for that matter) as well?

amar212

are the FM4 physics borked and it's harder then it should be, or are the other games actually carefully tweaked to make it more driveable (despite being heralded as the most perfect 'simulators' ever)...

Personally, I do not find it *hard* or *harder* than any *other*, what is my main testing-issue is finding the appropriate steer-balance.

At this point I have issues with balancing the oversteer momentum, where FR and MR cars are just going into drastic loss of traction at some point of weight-transfer. However, I have no issues with actual tire-threshold or tire-grip/snap because it feel very natural and convincing.

Notice I do not run degree-altering on the wheel, I keep my wheel on 900-degrees in order to maintain the input-purism without jeopardising the driving characteristics of the particular car.

My main point of testing at this point is the great change that takes effect when you drive in "pure 900" setting and "switched 900" setting ("switched" being one when the change of *SEN* setting is being made through "S_X" setting son the wheel in order to "reformat" steering input values).

As I have just received new Fanatec firmware, I will be much smarter on this particular subject tomorrow.

Snubbers

With the update of sim physics for the 900 wheel, has there been a change in the physics/steering for the controller or the speed wheel (or the 270 for that matter) as well?

270 mode is pretty much as before, speed sensitivity is still there, and it oscilates a lot in the telemetry.. I went out and did some hotlapping to see if I could match my previous times, and noticed no difference what-so-ever.

As I said above, you can with a Fanatec wheel fool 270 degree mode to be 1:1 like the 900 mode, but it's undriveable.. steering range is not meant to be that low, and you have to dial in inordinate amounts of linearity and other settings to get it semi-realistic..

legbone

ok, the ign pack is out, but i cant find the only car i want individually - the suzuki. help?

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Forza-4/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d530910?nosplash=1
its not there either. wtf!?

also, while bitching, why is the maserati gt4 more expensive then the other cars? H3rTz DoNuT's design had me sold on it till i saw that... grrrr

the only thing i can figure is they weren't ready to give out the season pass yet. the free suzuki lets you get your season pass content. didn't the season pass people get their stuff later last time also?

edit: i wish they'd hurry up, i want to try that raptor!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
not talking about season pass. i dont have that. i just want to be able to purchase and download JUST the suzuki and its nowhere to be found. every other car in the pack is available individually EXCEPT this it seems. also, its the rx-8 that is the free DLC

ok, the ign pack is out, but i cant find the only car i want individually - the suzuki. help?

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Forza-4/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d530910?nosplash=1
its not there either. wtf!?

also, while bitching, why is the maserati gt4 more expensive then the other cars? H3rTz DoNuT's design had me sold on it till i saw that... grrrr

I am guessing it is the car that will only be available in the pack. They did this with the Lambo in the November pack. You can't buy it separately, you have to get the pack to get it.

legbone

i just got my season pass stuff from the in-game store for anyone that was wondering. as for getting the suzuki by itself, i'm sorry but i have no idea. i don't see individual cars in the in-game store, just the packs.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I am guessing it is the car that will only be available in the pack. They did this with the Lambo in the November pack. You can't buy it separately, you have to get the pack to get it.

oh fuck them.

in a game that shipped with 500 cars, i dont really need monthly car packs. especially where the majority of cars in those packs are really lame. i liked that i had the option to buy the cars i'd want individually, but they've managed to even screw that up.

was really looking forward to the hill climb event this week but i guess i'll be left out.

SarBear

WOW

That new Maserati MC just shot up to my top 10 favorite cars in the game QUICK! Extremely fun to drive, and it sounds like a hurricane is incoming!

Top Bottom