• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Seanspeed

Banned
Recorded the first race. Just jumped around to the different racers. Kept it on replay cameras. I didn't edit it so you'll still see the brief loading when I switch cars. It'll be awhile before it uploads. It's a 1.1GB file uploading to youtube. I'll keep you guys posted.

Thats pretty awesome of you man.

I got around to watching the replays. Man, I cant believe how good the battling at the front was. First race, the fight between me and Ox at Motegi lasted the entire distance. And when we were going at it, it was extremely respectful and clean. Its really worth checking out if you like watching good racing.

Second race was insane. Was able to come back from 12th spot. Multiple lead changes. Anything and everything happened. You couldn't write this sort of stuff. Another must-watch race to see.

Third race was domination. SarBear was uncatchable, but the fight for the podium spots was again, incredible. I was last after the 1st corner and really had to dig deep to come back to 2nd place. Really nail-biting stuff in some cars that aren't terribly easy to drive.

I still haven't watched some of the other battles throughout the field, but I plan on it. They were some long races worth seeing all the way through, so it took some time just to watch through what I did.

Hope P3tran and Big Takeover can join up as I know they'd be up there fighting at the front, too.

zorbsie

Still uploading, it's at 31% now. For the sake of my bandwidth and patience I'm going to do the other two races in 480p. Otherwise, the videos won't be ready till the next meet up.

SarBear

Some photos from tonight's race:

6456830785_541da98ccc_b.jpg

6456831223_d0084e9c46_b.jpg

6456831145_200f916d9f_b.jpg

6456830937_690904d18c_b.jpg

6456831389_a3083a67cc_b.jpg

6456831015_738ee41d02_b.jpg

6456831075_d364354b41_b.jpg

6456831335_accac40440_b.jpg

6457003733_a64186be25_b.jpg

6456830693_14b630965b_b.jpg

6456831441_81c2e10f26_b.jpg

Gasp! Some of those Miatas do not have roll cages! The safety of our virtual drivers is of paramount importance in this series.

SON I AM DISAPOINT. Please think of the children.

It is funny you should mention that because SarBear and I are talking about instituting either points penalties or PI penalties on the next race for those who didn't follow the directions. Or maybe just give them a warning this time.

I should have the full points up by tomorrow morning while I am at work. I will do it on a Google Docs spreadsheet so my updates will be live.

Thats pretty awesome of you man.

I got around to watching the replays. Man, I cant believe how good the battling at the front was. First race, the fight between me and Ox at Motegi lasted the entire distance. And when we were going at it, it was extremely respectful and clean. Its really worth checking out if you like watching good racing.

Second race was insane. Was able to come back from 12th spot. Multiple lead changes. Anything and everything happened. You couldn't write this sort of stuff. Another must-watch race to see.

Third race was domination. SarBear was uncatchable, but the fight for the podium spots was again, incredible. I was last after the 1st corner and really had to dig deep to come back to 2nd place. Really nail-biting stuff in some cars that aren't terribly easy to drive.

I still haven't watched some of the other battles throughout the field, but I plan on it. They were some long races worth seeing all the way through, so it took some time just to watch through what I did.

Hope P3tran and Big Takeover can join up as I know they'd be up there fighting at the front, too.
I was there for the Miata race and then had to bail. I finished in a very lonely third place. Too much rust to do anything with you two. Good times of course, and I look forward to getting back into the swing of things.

spinkick

Neo Member
Hi Guys,

Been lurking for a while and wanted to get involved in the racing community some. Any room in the gaf car club ? Would love an invite.

nagge

I should have the full points up by tomorrow morning while I am at work. I will do it on a Google Docs spreadsheet so my updates will be live.

When can we expect the reveal of next Sunday's races? Finally something to look forward to during the week in Forza, Rivals event in all honour but preparing for a race is so much better.

Edit: And who was that guy that used #33 on his car, gulf livery miata?! It's mine! ;)

Hello GAF people :) For those of you, that will be getting December DLC and for those, that will show some love to Monster Sport Suzuki, there will be something waiting on my storefront :)

6458954415_3cf9babb62_z.jpg

6459044603_23e42f22b9_z.jpg

6458954427_d8d6cc6a91_z.jpg

6459044599_880eb291fa_z.jpg

6459044611_dfa310be60_z.jpg

Yesterdays race is kind of a blur. I work from 9pm to 8am and I am usually 3hrs into sleep when the race started.

It was worth it though aside from cjelly ramming me off the track Shortt Sirket giving me a running commentary on the horrible lines I was taking.

But I was so out of it on the last race I decided to just do donuts on the side of the track, because my eyes were barely open.

Muerte_X

Sounds like you guys an amazing time with those races. I'm going to have to try to get in on it next time you guys do it. Having a good clean, close race with someone is so awesome. Usually when I race online it's chaos.

Looking foward to seeing some videos.

Yesterdays race is kind of a blur. I work from 9pm to 8am and I am usually 3hrs into sleep when the race started.

It was worth it though aside from cjelly ramming me off the track Shortt Sirket giving me a running commentary on the horrible lines I was taking.

But I was so out of it on the last race I decided to just do donuts on the side of the track, because my eyes were barely open.

I was just giving you a hard time man. Plus you got to see my wonderful Volvo Roll!

SarBear

6459660015_790726c245.jpg

Miata (C 425) @ Motegi East:

1st - Seanspeed
2nd - Ox Nagge
3rd - Big Takeover

A Class (600) @ Infineon IRL:

1st - Seanspeed (RX8)
2nd - Dead Poul (F355C)
3rd - Ox Nagge (Vantage(kicked some serious ass to get there, too!))

Ferrari VS Lambo (R3 800) @ Silverstone:

1st - Dead Poul (F50)
2nd - Seanspeed (Enzo)
3rd - Ox Nagge (Diablo GTR)

Congratulations to everyone that supported us and raced! Winners will be contacted, and this is still a work in progress the first week or so, so please be patient! New events incoming, so stay tuned!

h3ro

How can I tune my cars? I can't see any type of stats so how the hell am I to know how to set my tires and other stuff?

Go to Upgrade cars to buy parts. Tune setup to tune your settings.

The stats will change (press Y to change display of car specs/stats/parts description) as you highlight the part you want to update.

Sorry, I didn't make it, clubbies. I'm not sure if anyone got back to me (I may have missed it) but I couldn't figure out how I'd be able to compete at my level, not owning anything of the class/build/model listed.

h3ro

Sorry, I didn't make it, clubbies. I'm not sure if anyone got back to me (I may have missed it) but I couldn't figure out how I'd be able to compete at my level, not owning anything of the class/build/model listed.

Run Rivals mode for about an hour, grinding by deliberately just beating the Rival time on your lap. Pick the next Rival closest in lap time (Near Me filter) and repeat. If you don't have a competitive car, just use the stock cars that are available from the Manufacturers and if needed, just buy a tune to max it out and load it.

You'll be able to load the store bought tune to the manufacturer car for free and can use it in Rivals mode as long as it doesn't change the car's class.

Run Rivals mode for about an hour, grinding by deliberately just beating the Rival time on your lap. Pick the next Rival closest in lap time (Near Me filter) and repeat. If you don't have a competitive car, just use the stock cars that are available from the Manufacturers and if needed, just buy a tune to max it out and load it.

You'll be able to load the store bought tune to the manufacturer car for free and can use it in Rivals mode as long as it doesn't change the car's class.

Zang!! Thanks!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
That was me, sorry. I had put it on thinking it wasn't a used number. Then I saw that the number was taken too late to remove it. I'll have a new number for next week.

Aslo here are the first two races:
Event 1 - Miatas (youtube)
Event 2 - All A-Class

Third race is processing now, I'll let you know when it's up.

1 minute into the miata video and LMAO, maybe its a good thing i missed this! crashes EVERYWHERE!

thanks again for making these accessible to all. good battle for 1st 2nd and 3rd early on

That was me, sorry. I had put it on thinking it wasn't a used number. Then I saw that the number was taken too late to remove it. I'll have a new number for next week.

Event 2 - All A-Class

Okay, 30 seconds into the 2nd video and we need to have a little chat cjelly. You didn't even BRAKE for that corner! SarBear and I are working on "racing etiquette" rules for the next set because stuff like that is not very fun to race with.

Edit: Seriously people! lol You all need to watch you mirrors and the track!

Edit2: Granholme!! You took out like 3 different people by just slamming into them for no reason! This ain't bumper cars people!

Edit3: I might have to talk with SarBear about penalties and black flags for the later races.

Seanspeed

Banned
Event 2 - All A-Class

Sweet!

And who was that guy that used #33 on his car, gulf livery miata?! It's mine! ;)
Thieves, right? There was also somebody out there with my exact same paintjob! ;)

A couple more highlights from the Motegi race:

Cjelly puttin on a drift presentation:

wNCJq.jpg

Wait no, that was Cjelly being attacked by a pack of rapid dogs:

V9mGn.jpg

^What actually happened was Union and Cjelly both went off-track, came back on at the same time and crashed. This picture happens moments later as Cjelly comes off worse. Also, if you look, the 6th car back in the photo(the one kinda hard to see) is Short Sirkett. He passes every single car in front of him in this photo on this straight they are entering. Was good stuff. EDIT: just saw that zorbsie's video shows Sirkett doing this. Cool. :)

More good action as Union and Retro have a good battle for 4th throughout the first few laps. This is finally when Retro gets by for good on lap 3.

tW7d9.jpg

Retro might have gotten rid of Union, but SarBear was recovering after getting knocked off twice in the first two laps. Finally up to 5th, he sets his eyes on Retro. He doesn't stick this pass here, but it was awfully entertaining to see him go off-track to try and do it:

DwrNK.jpg

op_ivy

Okay, 30 seconds into the 2nd video and we need to have a little chat cjelly. You didn't even BRAKE for that corner! SarBear and I are working on "racing etiquette" rules for the next set because stuff like that is not very fun to race with.

Edit2: Granholme!! You took out like 3 different people by just slamming into them for no reason! This ain't bumper cars people!

Edit3: I might have to talk with SarBear about penalties and black flags for the later races.

i wrote up some general guidelines people should follow for the fm3 league, but its definitely appropriate here. feel free to edit as needed and add to the weekly postings.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20069965&postcount=1

2. – Race League racers should, whenever possible, race “clean”.
.....2.a. Car position relative to others on the track is not always clear. Mid-race .....discussion over xbox live should be used primarily to communicate position and .....passing intents by drivers to avoid collisions.
.....2.b. Attempts at passing should only be made when it is safe to do so.
.....2.c. If being passed, make attempts to avoid collisions whenever possible.
.....2.d. Careless passing that results in significant collisions will be identified post race .....with either time penalties incurred for the offending driver, or with that driver being .....disqualified for that event. Penalty specifics are open for discussion, and .....cases will be looked at via replay on a case by case basis by volunteer bystanders.
.....2.e. Non-significant collisions, or trading paint, is frowned upon, but usually will not .....result in specific penalties.
.....2.f. All drivers should drive cautiously and thoughtfully to avoid collisions. If minor .....collisions occur and it leads to a change in driver position, attempts may be made .....by the offender to allow the passed car back into its pre-collision position.
.....2.g. All racers should save a replay after each race in case review of infractions is .....necessary.
.....2.h. Cars should make all attempts to stay on the track at all time. "Shortcuts" are .....frowned upon and may result in time penalties or race disqualifications.

particularly, we should really stress 2a IMO. communication is key to inform drivers where you on on the track near them. in a game, its often hard to know exactly where someone is unless they are ahead of you. letting someone know your position can avoid accidental collisions. for example, "SarBear, passing on your left" informs sarbear that there is a car on the inside and he may have to yield his line through the track for a passing vehicle.

gragy10

Okay, who owns that F40, and where can I get the Igol livery? I need to rebuild my Sega Racing garage...

That's mine :)
Will have a dig around for what storefront i got it off but set filter to highest rated and it's a few pages down the list for 5k.

Had a similar experience to ShortSirket - hands were in agony by the end of race 2 and fingers had gone numb by end of the bonus round (which was great fun!) tho i was pleased to be midfield. Auto box, joypad and not having played anywhere near as much as i'd have liked had me thinking i'd be way behind everyone else
Anyway, roll on next week!

gragy10

Umm, i fucked up a few times at infineon - don't know the track as well as the more established forza locations but i def clattered into a few too many people
In my defence the external camera angles make it look a lot worse, and I got taken out at least 3 times by others too, honest

charsace

Go to Upgrade cars to buy parts. Tune setup to tune your settings.

The stats will change (press Y to change display of car specs/stats/parts description) as you highlight the part you want to update.

That's not what I mean. Say I test drive the car and want to check the tire heat after that test drive or during, how do I check it?

op_ivy

That's not what I mean. Say I test drive the car and want to check the tire heat after that test drive or during, how do I check it?
up on the d-pad brings up telemetry, left and right switch data displayed.

G Rom

You can also quickly check tires' heat by clicking on the right stick to bring the car diagrams. You won't get exact temperature like with telemetry though.

zorbsie

Pressing up on the d-pad has already been mentioned. But you can also click the left thumbstick to bring up the car damage and once again to bring up the tire heat. It's not as detailed as the telemetry info but it's less cluttered if you want to quickly see it during a race.

Edit: Beaten.

nagge

No problem, didn't even notice it until I watched the replay. But do pick another number ;)

Thieves, right? There was also somebody out there with my exact same paintjob! ;)

Trading paint just got a whole new meaning ;)
What are the odds of two people choosing the same colour scheme, and not even matching colours but just some random ones. I guess we both got great taste or maybe it's the other way around...

And to add to the racing etiquette discussion, a rule of thumb that I try and use is, if there is a car within 4m according to the distance thingy in the game, I try to keep my line and don't attempt to close the door. But it is hard seeing cars around you when using anything but the follow cameras, I use bumper cam so it's nearly impossible to spot other cars along side of me, therefore I try to use my ingenious method explained above :)

Edit: And how does the money flow seem for the club? Put up some pink cars if you need donations.

sneaky77

to be honest, imo, penalties and stuff should only come up if its something clearly fragrant and intentional, other than that is just gonna happen, I dont think anyone will intentionally try to wreck someone else in this league.

op_ivy

to be honest, imo, penalties and stuff should only come up if its something clearly fragrant and intentional, other than that is just gonna happen, I dont think anyone will intentionally try to wreck someone else in this league.

we can force autobreaking on for those that cant seem to find the left pedal during a race. focus driver, i'm looking at you :p

nagge

A great term in racing is "Avoidable accident", pretty self explanatory. And if causing like three of those maybe a warning should be issued.
There is a fine line between keeping this as casual as possible and still trying to keep racing the main focus and crashes to a minimum.

Edit: just watched the Silverstone replay on youtube, man is the GTR tail happy with 1000hp+ ;)

Yeah, that is why I am not too sure about it. I think something might be needed if the same people keep "forgetting" to brake or check the lines. There were many times I let off the gas or stayed off the course longer because of traffic. In the R3 race, I was off the track for a while because I couldn't get back on with all the traffic.

Edit: I am also thinking we should make mics mandatory. That way we can say when we are passing, or apologize for what happened, etc. Plus it is more fun if everyone can talk and respond.

Caddle

Good to institute some damn rules. Also we need to play with damage on more often to discourage the piles up we were having. That race on infineon was great untill someone ran me off the track not once but three damn times. Still manage to grab the 8th spot after coming from last (str8buzykltty).

Good to institute some damn rules. Also we need to play with damage on more often to discourage the piles up we were having. That race on infineon was great untill someone ran me off the track not once but three damn times. Still manage to grab the 8th spot after coming from last (str8buzykltty).

Was it the green Focus?

And dude, unplug your Kinect before you start racing with us. We totally heard all your conversations about school. Like, all of it. lol

Top Bottom