• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Mascot

yes, more choices. still, pretty shitty to lock out the best car from individual purchases to entice people to buy the whole pack. still shitty to increase the more wanted cars over the less wanted cars. there should be a flat rate for every dlc car individually, or, the entire set at a discount. you can defend it all you want, but its a crap policy that pisses off some customers, myself and mascot included.

why people feel the need to defend stupid customer gouging policies this gen blows me away.

EDIT: unlike mascot, i dont think the dlc cars were held back - aside from probably the first batch. i'm ok with the concept of dlc cars, even if it would be rare i'd buy any.

I know I've got my cynical head on at the moment, but I have no doubt whatsoever that when Turn 10 drew up their dream list of cars for FM4, some MS suit intercepted it and picked a number of desirable models to hold back for ongoing DLC roll-out.

I'm surely not alone here, right..?

Snubbers

I know I've got my cynical head on at the moment, but I have no doubt whatsoever that when Turn 10 drew up their dream list of cars for FM4, some MS suit intercepted it and picked a number of desirable models to hold back for ongoing DLC roll-out.

I'm surely not alone here, right..?

You are wrong, it wouldn't just be an MS 'Suit'.. T10 would already know that each DLC pack must have some 'impact' to succeed, and probably hand pick the cars (assuming they probably have more understanding of what's desirable and what isn't then an 'MS Suit')..

I think people's expectations of companies seems a little out of whack.. if you look at the amount of 'new' cars they brought to FM4 from FM3, and that doesn't seem outside industry norm, so the extra 100 or so planned DLC cars seems perfectly acceptable to me, and I do expect that they have to carefully plan each pack to have the right amount of desirable/niche cars in it, and it wasn't as if the FM4 launch line up wasn't exactly terrible either..

Perhaps I just don't have my cynical hat on today or something ;)

G Rom

I think Turn 10 has to factor in many things when doing the car list and DLC list : disc space, incentive to buy DLC for customers, new cars coming out (some cars weren't announced during the development), exclusivities (New Pagani and Porsche with EA, FT86/BRZ/whatever with Sony, etc...), licensing issue or manufacturers not wanting some cars to be added, technical limitations (still no open wheels in FM4), what the community wants, etc...

BADNED already said about some cars that they were planned for FM2->FM3->FM3 DLC but ended up in FM4.
For example the BMW 6 Series was in the first CG trailer of FM2 with AC Schneitzer (sp ?) kits but only appeared in FM3 as DLC without ACS upgrades.

Don't get me wrong they probably already have lots of cars modeled already waiting to be pushed in DLC or in FM5 (the 2002 Turbo was seen up and running in photos several (8+ IIRC) months before the release of the CCCP for FM3 for example) but I prefer them to release packs (with the options get all of it down the road if you want to wait via UE) rather than having to wait 2 years to drive 2012/2013 cars in the sequel.

Mascot

I've no problem with new/unavailable models appearing as DLC (Porsche and the Pagani being great examples, and I'd like the new RR Evoque to make an appearance), but do find it irksome when much-requested cars are obviously held back to farm cash.

No word yet about any track DLC, I assume?

SarBear

Nope, nothing yet. However, I wouldn't count on any such events happening with this game. I very well doubt Turn10 dumps those resources into this game after the indecisiveness about including addition content in Forza 5 or 4.

So blah.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
loving the shit out of the suzuki hill climb rivalry. i set a stupidly slow clean first lap (5:14!) and have been taking out rivals about a 1/2 sec at a time to farm some cash. i can now, easily pull in about a 4:35, put pull up just short to continue inching my way up the leaderboards. i know the track pretty damn well at this point and cant wait to see my time when i'm actually pushing the car hard. so fun.

also, thanks h3rtz for the design!

thundr51

A few shots of what's coming soon along with the tune, not out yet but will be very soon.

Cheers, HD

6475237727_eace38965a_z.jpg

6475237713_2d28fc1fc8_z.jpg

6475237723_c3d3898fd7_z.jpg

6475237731_6bcf112218_z.jpg

Interested! let us know when it's done, awesome work.

op_ivy

Short, question on the rivals "event"

monsterhillclimboh2ob.png

as a non-gaf car club member, am i elligable?

semi-related, i'm seriously thinking of dropping my club that i started and moving into GAF. is there plenty of room now, as a few of my members are gaffers to and i'd like to ensure they have a spot as well if they'd like one.

h3ro

Any reason Che is still on the club?

He doesn't post here nor does he play the game. He's still level 11 and that hasn't changed since launch. I know he contributed a lot for F3 but he works for the Halo crew now and really isn't on GAF anymore (did he get perm'd?).

I'm still chipping away in Rivals with you guys, haven't been able to race online with you because of work/family commitments, but I'll jump in if/when I can.

SarBear

Short, question on the rivals "event"

{ridiculously oversized wheels on car}

as a non-gaf car club member, am i elligable?

semi-related, i'm seriously thinking of dropping my club that i started and moving into GAF. is there plenty of room now, as a few of my members are gaffers to and i'd like to ensure they have a spot as well if they'd like one.

Well, you'd have to ask Shortt about participation in the event. As for the club itself, there's always room for ACTIVE members. We do need to trim the fat. I understand you would like to join, and that's no issue whatsoever. How many people would you be bringing with you? And what kind of personality types? Lord knows we don't need another _ _____ Purple Shelling (ala Mario Kart) people around corners...

op_ivy

Well, you'd have to ask Shortt about participation in the event. As for the club itself, there's always room for ACTIVE members. We do need to trim the fat. I understand you would like to join, and that's no issue whatsoever. How many people would you be bringing with you? And what kind of personality types? Lord knows we don't need another _ _____ Purple Shelling (ala Mario Kart) people around corners...

i havent decided about leaving RCP behind, but a few people here sent me requests to join back when gaf was full. i dont even know how active they are, or really anything about them (lol) as we never did much as a club :p

i doubt its a large number (probably around 5, if that), but i'll worry about that if i do leave. speaking of, as the founder, what happens to the club if i do leave? is everyone booted? do i need to make someone else leader? anyone know how that works?

I won't be able to join the races this Sunday. :( Hopefully I can get into the next round. It was a blast last time.

...and I should probably put some effort into tuning my cars.

The Stig

Having fun racing. I know I dont post much on this topic but I have been strictly single player as of late.

Loving this game.

G Rom

Damn, I removed all upgrades from my Clio V6 and reupgraded it to make a B Class car out of it. It probably wouldn't be competitive online but I love my new version, so fun to drive. Just the right amount of oversteer that you can use when you want to slightly slide out of a corner. :)

For the new page:

Anyone??? Come on!!! Someone has to be up for it!!
Also, would anyone with talent be willing to work on a fairly basic but nice livery for our Mazda races? SarBear and I are going to make that one a staple for a while and we thought having a legit racing livery for it would be cool. Something that could be gifted unlocked so we can add our number and maybe some small individual flair. If you would like to do it, let us know. I will even try to throw in a nice prize for whoever does it.

And all my ForzaGAF Drives events will be open to anyone who posts on GAF. You will have to tell me your time and place so I can double check it on the leaderboards though.

And I am not 100% about Sunday yet. I have been deathly sick and have not had anytime to pick up Forza. I am going to try my best to make it though.

sneaky77

For the new page:

Anyone??? Come on!!! Someone has to be up for it!!

And all my ForzaGAF Drives events will be open to anyone who posts on GAF. You will have to tell me your time and place so I can double check it on the leaderboards though.

And I am not 100% about Sunday yet. I have been deathly sick and have not had anytime to pick up Forza. I am going to try my best to make it though.

I am up for it, I just haven't had any time but finally will tomorrow night

Muerte_X

NWRL2.png

I left a lot of space for sponsors or whatever.

edit: some small changes
NWRL3.png

That looks awesome!

You mentioned the need to confirm, so just confirming that I'll be able to make the race on Sunday.

I need to make a Miata now, and I already have a couple A600 camaro's, so I just need to work in getting those to an S.

I guess the only one that needs the number on is the miata? Just making sure before hand.

Really looking forward to this, watching those vids of the last one, it looked like a good time, other than some accidents (some looked worse than others, lol)

NWRL2.png

I left a lot of space for sponsors or whatever.

edit: some small changes
NWRL3.png

That new one is great. If everyone is cool with it, and you are cool with gifting it to me, I will send them out to everyone so they can tweak them a bit.

Thanks again man, very good job.

eek5

That new one is great. If everyone is cool with it, and you are cool with gifting it to me, I will send them out to everyone so they can tweak them a bit.

Thanks again man, very good job.

I'm pretty sure I gifted it to you but my internet has been up and down. I'll send it again after this COD session. :eek:

SarBear

I'm pretty sure I gifted it to you but my internet has been up and down. I'll send it again after this COD session. :eek:

Throw me one of those skins, too! Looks great! I purchased a livery from your storefront. Couldn't resist the M5.

All right, I'm off to bed. But two more pics before i go. -__-

6480514909_74826bc91b_b.jpg

6480537419_b08049c647_b.jpg

eek5

Throw me one of those skins, too! Looks great! I purchased a livery from your storefront. Couldn't resist the M5.

All right, I'm off to bed. But two more pics before i go. -__-

Shot one off to both of you guys. Hopefully at least one of them made it across the intertubes. I was on the line with time warner for like 2 hours and apparently my modem is completely dead and it keeps rebooting itself which is awesome. Anyway I'm out of here for the weekend so have a good race everyone!

Seanspeed

Banned
Eek, that looks really good, damn! Good job. Looks far better than anything I could have put together myself.

I need to make a Miata now, and I already have a couple A600 camaro's, so I just need to work in getting those to an S.

Glad to see you'll be there.

Also, I heard people(or a person) talking about using auto-upgrade for building their cars last time. Dont do that, guys. I'll put up the setups I'm using on my storefront later today if y'all want. They aren't the best, but they will be far preferable to what auto-upgrade does.

SarBear

awesome pics, saved

I've got some pics saved that are contest contenders, man. Puts the ones I've shown thus far to absolute shame. Although, I wanna see if I can do better, so until then they remain in lockup. Probably ask your (and the rest of the readers) opinion of which one is the best come Saturday/Sunday.

FYI, it's S700, not A600.

Still trying to decide on what I'm going to run. Very sad that my beloved '65 Mustang is pretty uncontrollable due to its shorter wheelbase and skinny tires. Would have thought 2100 lbs would have let me get up to S700 without 700+ HP, but apparently not.

Does anyone play Forza online with a wireless setup? I'm very likely to be running on Sunday without terrestrial ethernet in my new house (internet is in). Guess I'll see how the practice goes and drop out if it's flying car city.

amar212

Hey guys,

Just wanted to share one announcement: tomorrow at 17:00 CET I'll be launching an Fanatec CSR Elite |OT|, covering my past 6 weeks of testing the CSRE with all driving games available on both console platforms.

Special part of review covers Forza 4 and vast improvement made in both handling-sensation and FFB-effect implementation post-patch and with latest 715FW firmware I got 2 days ago.

For now I will conclude how 715FW drastically improves all issues I had and discussed earlier this week and sheds a whole new light onto latest FM4 patch, FFB implementation, tire-model and overall handling.

For those interested, I'll make a separate info here once the |OT| is launched.

Regards.

Muerte_X

Still trying to decide on what I'm going to run. Very sad that my beloved '65 Mustang is pretty uncontrollable due to its shorter wheelbase and skinny tires. Would have thought 2100 lbs would have let me get up to S700 without 700+ HP, but apparently not.

Does anyone play Forza online with a wireless setup? I'm very likely to be running on Sunday without terrestrial ethernet in my new house (internet is in). Guess I'll see how the practice goes and drop out if it's flying car city.

That's what I meant when I talked about getting them to an S class. Probably could've phrased it better. But thanks for the clarification, would've been pretty embarrassing if I hadn't noticed that, lol. The car is a pretty crazy ride at that class. I can see lots of people fishtailing into each other in that race if they're not careful with the throttle.

Since you bring that up, it might also be worth mentioning to anyone else that wasn't around for the first race, is that the miata needs to be the first generation one. There are several years to choose from and I had to go back quite a few pages to find the rules for the previous race.

My xbox is always on Wifi, and I've never had any problems when playing with other people on Forza. I've only played with 1 or 2 other people consistently though. I don't think it would be worse with more people. It might depend on how far away your xbox is, but with a full signal, I'd imagine it'll be fine.

amar212

I don't know really. All I know is how the new firmware for "older" models (all except CSR and CSRE) is in preparation for some time now. I really don't know about its release or details, but if I find out I will drop a line ASAP.

I tried using the '65 Mustang first, and man, I would have loved to run it especially with the NASCAR engine, but it was completely undriveable. I even tried detuning it in hopes that the low weight would make up for taking away a bunch of power, but it didn't work out. Too bad because it goes like stink once it stops spinning it's wheels...in 5th gear!

Muerte_X

I tried using the '65 Mustang first, and man, I would have loved to run it especially with the NASCAR engine, but it was completely undriveable. I even tried detuning it in hopes that the low weight would make up for taking away a bunch of power, but it didn't work out. Too bad because it goes like stink once it stops spinning it's wheels...in 5th gear!

Wait, you can swap a NASCAR motor into a mustang? I was wondering where that swap went in the Camaros, lol. I wonder why they got rid of so many of the engine swaps they used to have

Seanspeed

Banned

Always used some sort of wireless and never had a problem. You should be fine.

The setups I'm using are on my Storefront(GT:Seanspeed) if anybody needs something to run.

So here's my cars:

2000 Mustang Cobra R

sELoM.jpg

1997 Nissan GTR R33 with rear drive conversion

StP6k.jpg

Paints not mine obviously.

Mascot

Nope, nothing yet. However, I wouldn't count on any such events happening with this game. I very well doubt Turn10 dumps those resources into this game after the indecisiveness about including addition content in Forza 5 or 4.

So blah.

Did the Nurb F1 make money for Turn 10 in FM3? Anyone know? It was a great addition but was lost in the wilderness without any career integration. I knew a whole bunch of people with FM3 at the time but I was the only one of us to get the track.

If DLC tracks can be integrated into the FM4 career like cars can, then surely Spa or Bathurst for (say) 600 Allards would be a cash cow..? And the modelling could still be used in FM5 on the Xbox loop, like the current Autovista car models.

Win-win?

Seanspeed

Banned
We've gone in different directions for this one. It should be fun to see how we stack up. How much does it weigh? I'll post a picture of mine later.

3200lbs

Its built for handling, though. I've got faster cars, but I suspect luck, track knowledge and skill will win out over who drives what so I figured I'd give this a go. Its actually really nice to drive. Quick turn-in and good grip. The get up and go is ok with 330hp, but the weight does hurt it here a bit. Top speed isn't good, but you dont need top speed at Kaido. I think I can do ok with it. I'm gonna find more time by practicing the track than messing around with cars.

Glad you're gonna be around for all the races this time.

Iknos

Crude I will find out if wireless works as well I replaced my 360 with a Slim. Haven't tried online gaming with it yet.

SarBear

I just wanted to confirm, that I will be joining. Will I receive an invite on Sunday?

Yes, sir.

All right, PROMISE these are my last sets of pics until later tonight. Just trying to spark interest. I'll gladly stop if I'm annoying anyone.

Two of my favorite Ferraris...

6483282635_47f57cb5ba_b.jpg

6483282133_3052f76aba_b.jpg

Top Bottom