• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

6466543927_89fa225e03_z.jpg

This Sunday, December 11th, GAF Racing Club is eager to extend a competitive race outing to all those affiliated with our club! Please join us at 2:30pm EST (do your conversions!) for off-roading, thousands of horsepower, impossible passes, nail biting accuracy, and running commentary from your favorite forum members! This is the second week of our racing league, so continue the awesome support, GAF!

RULES:

• No glitched cars. Ever.
  • Minimum 10 players per event type for prizes.
  • Damage for main race types will be Cosmetic and Collisions will be on.
  • 1 Lap run around BEFORE event type on said course, strictly for stretching your legs.
  • GRID WILL BE RANDOM (there's no complaint box, so deal with it)
  • You don't HAVE to do all three events, but it's up to you to keep us informed of what you want to participate in.

Also...

EVENT TYPES (3):

Mazda at Laguna - Hope you kept those Miatas, men. That's right, we're jumping right back into the roadster and heading out to Mazda's own Laguna Seca for some under the sun fun! This one is SURE to test even men with balls made of bricks. Oh.....but watch out for that corkscrew....

Track
  • Mazda Laguna Seca - 10 Laps
Restrictions
  • Class - C 425
  • Roll Cage Required (individual PI restrictions for non-compliance)
  • Must have visible race number

Camaro VS Mustang - Lateral Gs? Pfft, I WANNA GO FAST! Yanks, this is what we've been waiting for! Choose your favorite Ford Mustang or Chevrolet Camaro and leave a cloud of smoke in your opponents face! Tune those babies straight to the top and show once and for all which side of the fence you're on.

Track
  • Nurburgring GP (long) - 8
Restrictions
  • Class - S 700
  • Ford or Chevrolet production only
  • Must be RWD

Conquer the Mountain - Fujimi is a hell of a circuit, isn't it? Especially when you're behind the wheel of a quality Japanese import. With such a variety of iconic vehicles available, this challenge ought to be the most proving/hilarious that we've had yet. You've got 15 minutes to get your ass in front of the pack. Can you make it happen?

Track
  • Fujimi Kaido (full circuit)
Restrictions
  • Class - B 500
  • 15 minute time limit
  • Japanese Car Manufacturer
  • Year: 1990 - 1999

PRIZES

TBD

BONUS!:

TBD

Players (Miata Number):

Seanspeed (21)
Sarbear (3)
Shortt Sirket (maybe(25))
retroBrand (17)
CrudeDiatribe (7)
Ox Nagge (33)
Granholme (27)
cjelly (28)
op_ivy (maybe)
Big Takeover (77)
Soundscream (13)
Sneaky77 (Must/Cam, Fujimi)
Muerte X (8)
LiquidSnake

Reserve:

P3Tran
flyinpiranha
Union 0015 (15) (no 12/11)
Guest 1321 (18)
G Rom (34)
MJLord (93)
Benjamin Birdie
Zorbsie (31)

You're in reserve until you confirm. :)
If you need an invite, please let us know.
If you have a pitiful number of posts, you will be put on reserve until day before racing begins.
Again, if I get a ton of players that actually promise to show up (25 or more)...two rooms/random drawing

Re-posting for new page.

Seanspeed

Banned
I still haven't heard back from Jube yet. I've left a couple PMs about the league's ordeals, so I'm not quite sure what's happening at the moment. If anyone else has heard from him, let me know.

In the meantime, Shortt and I will have to come up with winnings for this weekend.

You've got a Rival's message waiting for ya where you can earn some money. ;)

I can also contribute some money to the club if it needs it. I've got about six million credits and can afford to spare a couple.

SarBear

You've got a Rival's message waiting for ya where you can earn some money. ;)

I can also contribute some money to the club if it needs it. I've got about six million credits and can afford to spare a couple.

Thanks! I need a new Corvette and that ought to easily afford it. >=)

Edit: scratch that! I can barely keep up with my old time. LoL We have a problem, Houston!!

I can also donate to the fund if needed.

I'm glad you posted that, because I have yet to receive my unicorns (yes plural) for overcoming the odds with my 5th place finishes on Sunday. I am considering legal action.

Muerte_X

Ill have to start prepping my cars.

Why the forced roll cage? Just wondering. I am not against it. I was just wondering why?

I'm just guessing, but I think it's in an effort to sort of resemble Spec Miata racing, just not quite as strict on the mods. I think those cars are pretty much full on race cars w/roll cages, etc. and not really street legal anymore. At least the ones I've seen that people have used in autocross around here.

3200lbs

Its built for handling, though. I've got faster cars, but I suspect luck, track knowledge and skill will win out over who drives what so I figured I'd give this a go. Its actually really nice to drive. Quick turn-in and good grip. The get up and go is ok with 330hp, but the weight does hurt it here a bit. Top speed isn't good, but you dont need top speed at Kaido. I think I can do ok with it. I'm gonna find more time by practicing the track than messing around with cars.

Glad you're gonna be around for all the races this time.
Here's my Civic Type R for "Conquer the Mountain". 2400lbs, 220hp. OK maybe not the most original pick, but it beat the Miata and RX7 that I tuned up in parallel.

Thanks, Sean. Hopefully we'll find ourselves battling!

ryJ71l.jpg

Are you with us this weekend? Shortt was supposed.....to be setting up auctions so people would donate to the fund....*cough*

Shit! I will throw that Maser up right now. I will also throw up some Miatas at different amounts if people want to donate.

I have been deathly ill the last 3 days, so I am sorry about the lack of updates!

SarBear

Shit! I will throw that Maser up right now. I will also throw up some Miatas at different amounts if people want to donate.

I have been deathly ill the last 3 days, so I am sorry about the lack of updates!

It's ok, bro. I know being pampered by your lady...and company...can really make that sickness pile on day after day. =*)

Ill have to start prepping my cars.

Why the forced roll cage?

The virtual safety of your virtual driver is of paramount concern to us, your virtual race organizers.

The idea behind the series is to match it to similar to real production-based racing series where the cars have to be prepared to meet safety regulations.

Is there way to put a CR limit on a car/part value? Would be awesome to do a 24-hours of Lemons style race. PI and CR cap (the PI cap just so people don't take the cheapest old sports car).

The virtual safety of your virtual driver is of paramount concern to us, your virtual race organizers.

The idea behind the series is to match it to similar to real production-based racing series where the cars have to be prepared to meet safety regulations.

Is there way to put a CR limit on a car/part value? Would be awesome to do a 24-hours of Lemons style race. PI and CR cap (the PI cap just so people don't take the cheapest old sports car).

It would, but the ease of getting free upgrades kills that. I LOVE the idea of free upgrades because it lets me really mess around with tuning. But some of my favorite races with my friends in F3 was using a dollar amount for the car and upgrades. So it is too bad there isn't someway to see what the part would cost if you didn't have the free upgrade bonus.

nagge

Here's my quick fix, the love is under the hood ;)

ejMer.jpg

This is one of my choices for the S-class race, hopefully the only part you guys will see...

Rn1ZH.jpg

sneaky77

Fear my fujimi ride
i-J4q388K-L.jpg

I'm guessing since everyone seems to be posting Mustangs that's the way to go for the mustang vs camaro race.. so screw you guys, I don't like Mustangs so I went with a Camaro, not that I'll finish better than last anyway so I may as well enjoy myself.. although the back end gets lose kinda easy lol damn RWD

nagge

There's some fast camaros as well, I've got at least four cars (mustangs and camaros) that can lap within .5s. Haven't yet decided which I'll run on Sunday.

SarBear

Still have an open spot for Sunday's races. Just let me know if you wanna join up!

Fear my fujimi ride

I'm guessing since everyone seems to be posting Mustangs that's the way to go for the mustang vs camaro race.. so screw you guys, I don't like Mustangs so I went with a Camaro, not that I'll finish better than last anyway so I may as well enjoy myself.. although the back end gets lose kinda easy lol damn RWD

Need a race number for your Miata, mang.

G Rom

I'm currently watching a documentary on Porsche and their owners (famous or anonymous) on Arte HD. All I have to say yet again is fuuuuuuu EA.
They've shown Jerry Seinfeld and his 959, a 550 Spyder, a Carrera GT (dat V10 sound), many 911 from all eras, 356s, etc...
It made me realize that apart from the Carrera GT, 918 and race cars, I didn't really miss that much newer Porsche. The one I really miss are the older ones, before the 993 (993 included though, dat GT2).
To think that somewhere at Turn 10, there's a build of FM4 in which you can hear the famous flat 6 And V10 (imagine what Wiswell and his team would have achieved with those). :(

Muerte_X

Yeah, I'm using a Camaro, looks similar to my IRL one too, only with like 200 more hp and and a 1000lbs lighter. I'm more worried that people are using the big forza wing on the mustangs. It puts it on top of the spoiler that's already there and looks ridiculous, I can't bring myself to use it on my Camaro, lol.

ItS9el.jpg

My miata, thanks for the livery eek5!

PGgNLl.jpg

And my awesome car for fujimi kaido, I'm sure there's better cars to use, but I already had one in my garage, and I can make it though the course without crashing vs the other car I tried and my times are pretty consistent with it, so that's about all I can ask for. That race is going to be madness, there's not many places to pass cleanly easily.

Y0YJnl.jpg

zorbsie

Can someone gift me that miata livery? GT: zorbs. Guess I'm still on the reserve, but just in case there is a spot I don't want to stand out with my gulf livery.

SarBear

Can someone gift me that miata livery? GT: zorbs. Guess I'm still on the reserve, but just in case there is a spot I don't want to stand out with my gulf livery.

I put you in the list of ready-to-drive. As soon as I get this big shot finished of the Reventon, I'll send it to you if no one else has.

6487620769_85418abca3_b.jpg

6487765433_aa9b2eed4a_b.jpg

6487621127_e52dcc568c_b.jpg

sneaky77

I just read this on the Thomas from Fanatec blog, can any of you guys that test all the stuff chck it out?

The recommended settings have changed after the patch.

The steering mode "simulation" let all cars oversteer more easily. Even the slowest Nissan Datsun 510 going uphill on Fujimi Kaido will oversteer easily although the power of the car is not enough to go higher than second gear most of the time. Do an oval track with a Mercedes C63 and you will fly off in every corner. Tim Schrick mentioned the tendency to oversteer the virtual M5 already on his comparision to the real car and he was using the old simulation mode.

I think the problem is not the oversteering but calling the mode "simulation". If T10 would have chosen "drift mode" it would have been more appropriate and still makes sense as it is fun to play. Remember: difficult not equal to realistic.

Seanspeed

Banned
I'm more worried that people are using the big forza wing on the mustangs.
Cuz you really need every bit of handling boost you can get with this car. There's not many places you can just nail the throttle for long periods of time(not in these cars at least), so you're gonna benefit more from handling upgrades.

Muerte_X

Cuz you really need every bit of handling boost you can get with this car. There's not many places you can just nail the throttle for long periods of time(not in these cars at least), so you're gonna benefit more from handling upgrades.
I totally understand why, its just horrible looking on that Camaro, lol. I'm going to try it out anyway though at some point and see how it affects my lap times. I'll use it if I have to...

Pepto

Banned
I used 900 degrees before the patch. After a few hours of testing I settled into ~540 degrees with the new patch. With 900 degrees I just couldn't catch the drifts.

gragy10

Any chance someone could gift me the miata livery? GT is Granholme.
Hyped for tomorrow tho resigned to backmarker anonymity

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
oh my god i dont know how people can play this online with randoms. such a nightmare experience.

Any Nascar fans in here? HD is working on something really cool for it, kind of Iconic paint ( well at least I think it is), cause it's the best Nascar paint I've seen. I'll show you some teaser shots soon, not sure if I'm gonna make it within the layer limit :D

SarBear

650 HP 2013 Ford Shelby Mustang spotted testing!! Sporting camouflage cow paint, this snake was caught testing laps around Road Atlanta last weekend. But is it too much power? Maybe so, because the driver had a little trouble keeping it on the track...

6489172963_817760ca54_b.jpg

6489173393_127f3231a8_b.jpg

...and my finished Miata for tomorrow's activities.

6489173457_281ef2e09f_b.jpg

Any Nascar fans in here? HD is working on something really cool for it, kind of Iconic paint ( well at least I think it is), cause it's the best Nascar paint I've seen. I'll show you some teaser shots soon, not sure if I'm gonna make it within the layer limit :D
Cool, can't wait.

op_ivy

here is the rest of my line up for sunday

6489313573_c057211e10_b.jpg

6489313009_18dbf206f6_b.jpg

and a bonus shot for rivals ;)

6489314043_fc6155fa42_b.jpg

op_ivy

Brutal. Just brutal. lol

I think between the two of us we could keep the photo/livery thread alive.

lol, its cool, between my tv's overscan and settings, my pictures always come out drastically different on my pc screen than tv.

G Rom

Someone is taking photos without 1:1 pixels indeed. :p
Looks like (I'm on the iPhone) a nice shot though, wish I could post more myself and try to enter some comp too.

Top Bottom