• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

MJLord

Had a wicked time racing with you and Luckie at Nurburguring. Safe to say the pad almost went across the room when I choked sat the end lol

Aha it was a tense last lap, my brain almost exploded with the concentration !

Great racing with you guys tonight ! cant wait to hear the new challenges for next week ! I have an Idea for a race but I dont know how popular it will be, An Oval race with the Oval racing cars. Or if that sounds too boring, Evo vs Impreza ?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
a buddy just posted this on facebook

Both my Mafia Wars 2 car and my In N Out car have been removed from the Forza 4 storefront... Weak!

legit? wonder why...

SarBear

6459660015_790726c245.jpg

Race 1 - Laguna Seca (C Miata)

1. Dead Poul
2. Ox Nagge
3. Seanspeed
4. P3Tran
5. retroBrand
6. Big Takeover
7. Muerte X
8. Luckie Lordie
9. CrudeDiatribe
10. Granholme
11. ZORBS
12. Soundscream13
13. Sneaky77
14. LiquidSnake

Race 2 - Nurburgring GP (S Must vs Cam)

1. Dead Poul
2. Ox Nagge
3. Muerte X
4. Seanspeed
5. P3Tran
6. retroBrand
7. CrudeDiatribe
8. Zorbs
9. Big Takeover
10. Luckie Lordie
11. Granholme
12. Soundscream13
13. sneaky77

Race 3 - Fujimi Kaido (B 90s Japan)

1. Dead Poul
2. CrudeDiatribe
3. Ox Nagge
4. Seanspeed
5. Big Takeover
6. Luckie Lordie
7. P3Tran
8. Muerte X
9. russtic
10. ZORBS
11. Soundscream13
12. Sneaky77
13. retroBrand

Sunday's Event Standing:

*drum roll*

Dead Poul 75
Ox Nagge 56
Seanspeed 42
CrudeDiatribe 36
P3Tran 33
Muerte X 33
Big Takeover 28
retroBrand 24
Luckie Lordie 24
Zorbs 19
Soundscream 13
Granholme 11
Sneaky 10
Liquid Snake 2

(waiting for Shortt to update the overall standings)

And just a couple pictures I snapped. Didn't have too long to really dive into it. Not even bigshots. :( But I encourage everyone to post shots of your favorite moments!

6496192521_56ca1b1089_z.jpg

These two were battling neck and neck for a couple laps. Was good to watch!
6496192699_b2be86378b_z.jpg

6496192805_bcbe754774_z.jpg

6496192601_d899689bb7_z.jpg

Its cool. I was hit by a lot of people through all the races. :( Did my damndest to finish where I did in each race.

Had some good fights with Big Takeover and P3tran, though. A lot happened. Gonna need to go and watch the replays to really check it all out.
It was good fun seeing the contrast of our Fujimi cars. Great fight. I had a perfect view of P3tran accidentally setting up on the wrong side and just hammering you! Pipping MJLord right at the end was hilarious too. I had a feeling I'd get a chance at him if we made it to the chicane of death before time ran out. :)

The other two races were junk. I couldn't free myself from the melee.

Calm before the storm:

oMZ4rl.jpg

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
So I just completed every event in rivals mode thinking that's what the achievement requires. Turns out I only needed one from each category. Damn it.

I promised you some WIP pictures of the paint that I'm working on, so here they are. Only right side, bumper and hood is done and there is still lots of work left to do. I have to make 6 more characters from Looney Tunes and I'm not sure if I'm gonna have enough layers for that but we'll see.

6497524755_1cd35d530b_z.jpg

6497524751_421d53d8a1_z.jpg

6497524741_cc76b15e62_z.jpg

nagge

It felt like Christmas came early as I woke up having had three cars gifted to me. Granted it wasn't from santa, but Sarbear is just a step or two away from being the real deal.

Staying for tag was a wise decision, had a blast and won $1M worth of cars :)

HD: That car looks sick, will definitely buy that one.

amar212

I'm interested to know if a similar firmware is coming out for the other 360 compatible wheels.

Sorry I didn't chime in with my patch impressions earlier but I've been ridiculously busy... and well banned heh.

Post patch feels the same as pre patch really except you need to dial in a shit load of counter steer to correct oversteer, which is as it should be. The problem is that the easy to correct oversteer masked the ridiculous sensitivity around the center. So now post patch you realize just how much you were having to wrestle the car, even if it was very fast light wrestling. This would all be well and good if the linearity setting on the fanatec wheels didn't just about completely eliminate the force feedback. Linearity 20 or 30 seems to be about right but makes every car feel like an american luxo barge around the center.

So I'll be interested to know how the new firmware might fix this, but your impressions look promising. I've only played a couple of hours post patch so I can't give many more impressions. The problem now is that I feel like I might as wait until this magical firmware is released for the rest of the Fanatec wheels. Now on that note, within 3 laps of not playing for a month I managed to get a 2:26 on the senna challenge with simulation steering and linearity at 30. The patch forces even cleaner driving, the problem is that it's really difficult to not get crossed up when trail braking at the limit with simulation steering and 900 degree sensitivity. Prior to this patch it was easy to correct very quickly, now... not so much. Today I learned that all those moments when I thought I had achieved perfect neutral oversteer through a corner, were not neutral, it was just masked by some really really high sensitivity while counter steering.

As I noted in my CSR Elite overview, I really think how key-setting is using the Normal mode over Simulation for competitive times. Also, the same thing is encouraged by Thomas and Fanatec Co. on their blog.

Unfortunately, my GT2 is not with me anymore and I can't try it and compare it with current performance of CSRE. As for the new firmware for the legacy-models, I really have no idea when will it be available. During this year Thomas told me in few occasions how they are working on the new FW that will allow for better performance in both FM4/GT5, but when they will make it available - I really have no idea.

I really, really adore the post-patch feel of FM4. Everything is so good and so convincing, sensations are pitch-perfect and I really hope the same kind of feel will soon be available to all the Fanatec-wheel users.

MJLord

I didnt save any of the replays, can anyone send them too me ? I'm gonna have a go at taking some pictures :D also how are you guys getting pictures from forza onto gaf ?

amar212

What?! Here I am driving around with sim steering when all along Normal steering is faster AND more accurate to real life? Does this apply to the CSR as well?

Something something not really :)

On Fanatec blog they're saying how Simulation mode should be called Drift or something along that lines. I do not really agree with that, because from my testing the only difference between Normal and Simulation mode is that Simulation mode delivers full-simulation of the tire-peak-grip.

When you go into real-time telemetry and exam the graphs of the tire-peak values, you'll notice how in Simulation mode the peak is reached different than in Normal. And when tires reach their peak in Simulation, you start to oversteer and loose grip in the very second it happens. I think they've just "released" the tire-model in its full potential in Simulation mode, but counter-effect of that is that there is no way you can drive competitive times because the tire-grip limit is vastly different.

I used NSX Suzuka Senna challenge for the testing ground and here are my post-patch conclusions:

- stability and linearity assists are equally removed for both Normal and Simulation mode
- Normal and Simulation mode are literally the same besides the tire-peak-grip point
- for competitive driving (online, rivals, multiplayer..) Normal mode is more than sufficient and highly immersive
- for pleasure driving (career, private lobbies with forced Simulation for all entries) Simulation mode is the closest to the performance of the RL driving in FM4

With Simulation mode you just can't "dive" into the corners as you can on Normal because transfer of the chassis-weight and suspension-pressure on tires results with extreme pressure on tire-peak values and loss of grip is instant - that is the main difference between the two.

nagge

I just might have to try Normal steering, I've used sim since the demo released and never even bothered trying normal.

Hoping it will shave many seconds of my lap times...wishful thinking ;)

p3tran

Banned
It was good fun seeing the contrast of our Fujimi cars. Great fight. I had a perfect view of P3tran accidentally setting up on the wrong side and just hammering you! Pipping MJLord right at the end was hilarious too. I had a feeling I'd get a chance at him if we made it to the chicane of death before time ran out. :)

Calm before the storm:

oMZ4rl.jpg

lol yeah, I went to the right end of the road to get into position, and next turn up was a tight right turn... :D

MJLord

Calm before the storm:

oMZ4rl.jpg

Aha I did'nt realise we were down to 3 seconds and I slammed into the wall thinking i could make up the time xD

nagge

Ok, tried normal steering and there's definitely more grip on turn in and the whole experience is a bit more forgiving. Although I didn't like the feel at all, felt disconnected from the experience I'm used too. So I guess I'm sticking with sim for now, at lest now I've got something to blame for my measly times ;)

Seanspeed

Banned
I didnt save any of the replays, can anyone send them too me ? I'm gonna have a go at taking some pictures :D also how are you guys getting pictures from forza onto gaf ?

I'll have all the replays up on my Storefront later on. Sure somebody else has em on there already. I also want to take pictures. Watched all the replays from my POV, but there's lots of other stuff to see.

Zorbsie I think is also gonna be awesome and upload a direct capture of the races and put it up on Youtube. Here's his recording of the three races of the 1st weekend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ4Ef24pRuM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjNHrkSdEDA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l8Hz9jgA_c

For getting pics here, take a pic in Forza and save it. It'll ask you if you want to upload to Storefront. Say yes. Then go on your computer to Forzamotorsport.net, sign in to your account(you might have to sign up for one, I'm not sure), go to MyForza and it'll have your pictures there. I save them to my harddrive cuz you can only have so many on your Storefront. Then you use an image-hosting site to upload images for use on the board.

Hope that helps. Let me know if it doesn't.

Muerte_X

I'll have all the replays up on my Storefront later on. Sure somebody else has em on there already. I also want to take pictures. Watched all the replays from my POV, but there's lots of other stuff to see.

Zorbsie I think is also gonna be awesome and upload a direct capture of the races and put it up on Youtube. Here's his recording of the three races of the 1st weekend:

Looks like they're already up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt5_mdl2Syw&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

You can find the others on his channel.

I have the Fujimi and Nurburgring replays on my storefront. I don't know if I can put the Miata one up on the storefront being that isn't my own saved file, but I had it gifted to me, so i can gift any of the replays to whoever wants them.

zorbsie

OK everything is uploaded. The second race has some weird rumbling sound. Not sure what it is, it goes away halfway through the race. Maybe all those engines going at once. Same as last week I tried to jump around to everyone. Tried to show some of the highlights: Some great battling at Laguna, Sneaky77 flipping at Nurburgring, gragy10 and I battleing it out in the same race, and that fantastic last second pass on Fujimi Kaido by Big Takeover. Anyways enjoy guys.

Race 1
Race 2
Race 3

Mascot

I heard a rumour about long-overdue leaderboard wipes for the Dart and Super Bee. Does anyone have any news about this?

nagge

I heard a rumour about long-overdue leaderboard wipes for the Dart and Super Bee. Does anyone have any news about this?

Ye they talked about that in one of their recent WIR, but nothing has happened as far as I can tell. This is what we've come to expect from T10 I guess...

OK everything is uploaded. The second race has some weird rumbling sound. Not sure what it is, it goes away halfway through the race. Maybe all those engines going at once. Same as last week I tried to jump around to everyone. Tried to show some of the highlights: Some great battling at Laguna, Sneaky77 flipping at Nurburgring, gragy10 and I battleing it out in the same race, and that fantastic last second pass on Fujimi Kaido by Big Takeover. Anyways enjoy guys.

Race 1
Race 2
Race 3

Terrific videos. Thank you for doing them!

You caught all my great moments - getting chopped and spun at the beginning of Laguna (my fault for trying to go through a closing door), finishing the Nurburgring race in the pitlane, getting passed by Seanspeed at Fujimi.

Thanks, man. Thanks a lot :p

SarBear

How do people feel about the R2 class? I know R1 seems to be a no-no for the club as a whole (ha, I'd love to see a pile up on a corner where it requires 1st gear!), but I'm curious how the club feels about this class. I have some other ideas, mind you, but need input on this first.

sneaky77

How do people feel about the R2 class? I know R1 seems to be a no-no for the club as a whole (ha, I'd love to see a pile up on a corner where it requires 1st gear!), but I'm curious how the club feels about this class. I have some other ideas, mind you, but need input on this first.

I think you should go for any class. Is all good lol. I also wish the races were later so I could attend to more of them, but I understand the need for the euros

op_ivy

Race 2

that first corner! lol, 16 cars is a bit crazy! really bummed i got dropped - felt pretty ok after getting spun around erly on... think i was battling it out for 5th

SarBear

that first corner! lol, 16 cars is a bit crazy! really bummed i got dropped - felt pretty ok after getting spun around erly on... think i was battling it out for 5th

Just face it, we put in the cheat code that piles on your car the first couple turns. We knew you were gonna make a run for the top.

op_ivy

Just face it, we put in the cheat code that piles on your car the first couple turns. We knew you were gonna make a run for the top.

lol, i knew i was in trouble when i started in 2nd off the grid. i think its actually better to start at the back and weave through the carnage!

btw, can someone gif that first corner approach and madness that followed? all those roaring v8's!

SarBear

Nevermind, scratch that idea for R2. I'll save that for the following weekend on a much more dangerous course. LoL

I have a great idea.

nagge

R2 would be fun just to see how messed up it'd get :)

I'd love some classics races, like pre-1970, beautiful cars and some nice sounding ones as well.

As always anxious to see what's in store for Sunday :)

SarBear

R2 would be fun just to see how messed up it'd get :)

I'd love some classics races, like pre-1970, beautiful cars and some nice sounding ones as well.

As always anxious to see what's in store for Sunday :)

Quiet, you. Just quiet.

Edit: Yikes. Just realized the sunday after next is Christmas! Holy shit, where does my life go? If people want to race, we'll surely have to pick another day. Team huddle.

Quiet, you. Just quiet.

Edit: Yikes. Just realized the sunday after next is Christmas! Holy shit, where does my life go? If people want to race, we'll surely have to pick another day. Team huddle.

Fuck that! Let's race!! ForzaGAF waits for no man, nor any holiday.

zorbsie

It's getting to crunch time for the holidays now. This weekend should be good but I won't be able to make next weekend. At the inlaws that week, oh man.

How do people feel about the R2 class?

R2 would be great on a course like Road America or Le Mans, places that the cars really race in real life. I'd also ask that they be race-cars and not 1200 HP production cars. Maybe even stipulate FIA / ALMS GT1 or Super GT cars.

C6.R/MC12R/DBR9 stock parts would be sweet.

If we do R2 cars on Amalfi, I will murder a gopher with a blender (bludgeon it, just to be different).

Would love to see more races like Fujimi and less races like S700 Mustangs vs Camaros.

Me too! Ferrari 250 Californa vs Jaguar vs C1 Corvette vs Mercedes vs etc

Otheradam

Is there any more space in the GAF club? I just recently got the speed wheel and it's upped my fun factor on this game x10. Would love to race with fellow gaffers! xbox id otheradam.

Muerte_X

This whole time I've been driving with ABS on, I just tried turning it off. Holy shit! I can brake so much later its crazy. I just have to practice not locking up the brakes. It's only happened a couple times, but it takes a lot more concentration than with it on.

SarBear

This whole time I've been driving with ABS on, I just tried turning it off. Holy shit! I can brake so much later its crazy. I just have to practice not locking up the brakes. It's only happened a couple times, but it takes a lot more concentration than with it on.

Heel-toe braking.....it's next on your list.

Top Bottom