• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

picking up a new 360 today and i seem to recall issues with transferring game saves with fm3. can someone elaborate on what these are? also, anything i should be aware of before transferring my fm4 save?

planning on using a flash drive btw.

Most of the issues I heard came from the flash drive. I would honestly suggest the transfer cable. It is only like $10 and the piece of mind is completely worth it.

But if using the flash drive, I think you have to transfer the actual profile first and then the saves. But I am not positive.

SarBear

picking up a new 360 today and i seem to recall issues with transferring game saves with fm3. can someone elaborate on what these are? also, anything i should be aware of before transferring my fm4 save?

planning on using a flash drive btw.

1) Transfer the profile
2) Go to Xbox.com and do a DRM Transfer
3) Transfer game saves

Seriously, do the game save transfer before any of that....and you will severely screw yourself. I lost my nearly complete LA Noire save by not doing it that way.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
1) Transfer the profile
2) Go to Xbox.com and do a DRM Transfer
3) Transfer game saves

Seriously, do the game save transfer before any of that....and you will severely screw yourself. I lost my nearly complete LA Noire save by not doing it that way.

oh, this is wide spread? i thought it was just a turn 10 thing. i'll follow those steps, thanls. by profile, you mean my xbl profile? loopofhenle?

SarBear

oh, this is wide spread? i thought it was just a turn 10 thing. i'll follow those steps, thanls. by profile, you mean my xbl profile? loopofhenle?

Yes, it's wide spread. My xbox keeled over this past July and a couple weeks later it was replaced. I thought all i had to do was a xbl profile transfer and just move my saves. NOPE. Killed every last one that I had.

G Rom

No matter what I do, I can't seem to get decent pictures on photo mode yet I find them so easy to look great on GT5.
Was the new IBL not supposed to mimic real life lighting?
The only place I like taking photos is the top gear studio and nowhere else.
That's because GT has much more realistic colors, contrast, etc out of the box.
I always picture FM's development like this : Turn 10 get everything right, the amount of road glare and bloom, the colors, the constrast, etc... everything looks fucking perfect.
Then right before getting the game gold, someone bring their 3 years old child at work and he manage to play with the sliders fucking up how the game look in the process. It's the only sensible reason I found for why we got the insane amounts of road glare and bloom...

Just did a quick test with the new capture device last night. Let me know what you guys think:

http://youtu.be/1bm3Rev_GYg?hd=1

It is nothing special, just the Veyron SS in the Top Gear Homespace. But I am curious if it looks alright or if I need to tweak anything.

Looks good man. Put that bad boy to work.

Was the new IBL not supposed to mimic real life lighting?
The only place I like taking photos is the top gear studio and nowhere else.

Did you even look at post #9456?

saladine1

According to the latest WIR,

January promises to be an incredibly busy month and there are so may exciting things ahead in the coming months, i'm nearly bursting to tell you about them all

Anything to get excited about?

SarBear

I hope it's something meaningful to the consumer and not just another Forza event halfway around the world. I mean, shit, I would have loved the chance to win a M5, too, you know?

Although, if it IS something substantial to us Forza faithfuls.....I would surely forgive all the absent time between the release and now. You know, like a couple tracks. Or Porsche. Just sayin.

Did anyone upload the last set of races to YouTube? If not, then I will try to get them up this weekend.

Edit: Another test I did with the new capture device: http://youtu.be/0HhcIUeOySE?hd=1 It is the McLaren F1 in the Top Gear homespace. In case anyone is curious, the homespace loops are 2:09 long.

saladine1

I hope it's something meaningful to the consumer and not just another Forza event halfway around the world. I mean, shit, I would have loved the chance to win a M5, too, you know?

Although, if it IS something substantial to us Forza faithfuls.....I would surely forgive all the absent time between the release and now. You know, like a couple tracks. Or Porsche. Just sayin.

Surely T10 can't keep throwing cars at us without a track or two in between...or can they?

Come to think of it, "incredibly busy" and "bursting to tell"...could that mean something bigger than just cars or a track?
Perhaps, a new mode or feature of some sort?

G Rom

Forza World at E3 ?
Forza 4 Spec II ?
Porsche DLC ?
Spahurst DLC ?

I don't want to get excited, we know Turn 10 are masters at hyping small stuff. :lol

SarBear isn't the only one who's ballin on Xmas...
Bcfp5.jpg

Have a Merry DipSet Xmas everybody.

Marco1

That's because GT has much more realistic colors, contrast, etc out of the box.
I always picture FM's development like this : Turn 10 get everything right, the amount of road glare and bloom, the colors, the constrast, etc... everything looks fucking perfect.
Then right before getting the game gold, someone bring their 3 years old child at work and he manage to play with the sliders fucking up how the game look in the process. It's the only sensible reason I found for why we got the insane amounts of road glare and bloom...

Thanks and I agree.
But with so many complaints about the bloom and contrast why not adjust it with a patch or is it a fault with the way the 360 displays?

guest1321

Well I just got all of HD's designs (merry Christmas to me!) and made some donations through shortt's storefront.

The one thing that I still want though is the neogaf number badge for the side of my miata? Whose storefront is that at?

SarBear

Tired of bein' broke?

129041188491268621.jpg

Tired of drivin the same POS to work every day?

6560156885_885ba0dd8f_z.jpg

Me an' Retro came up wid a great plan. GET UH RAP CONTRAC FOOO!

contract.jpg

Now we BAWLIN ON DEM HOES FROM OUT DA RANGE!

6560157459_054a1aabd7_z.jpg

DAS MY JOINT RIGHT DERE. I'M IN DA CHAMPAIN RANGE!

6560157187_29a5f032e6_z.jpg

Retro went STOOPID an' bought Camron's hot pink Range. He PEPTO BISMAWLIN ON YALL HOES N LAKE TAHOE!

6560157771_48ba24baf5_z.jpg

birdman-o.gif

Mascot

I know it took me a lot of time and to be honest with you, I had moments that I was really ready to give up, I was really worried I won't be able to finish that paint due to layer limit, but day by day I was able to shave some more and more layers and finally got it done today.

Don't you DARE get me interested in NASCAR, Hertz..! :lol

Another cracking livery, mate. Awesome stuff.

Edit: Holy FUCK Raudi. Looking damn fine.

Edit 2 @ Saladine: night & weather KONFIRMD!

SarBear

We need new co-leaders. Not a knock against the current ones, but Sneaky77 and Modus aren't around much as far as interaction in the thread and events. Great guys, but obviously we're going to need more heads to expand current operations.

=)

op_ivy

We need new co-leaders. Not a knock against the current ones, but Sneaky77 and Modus aren't around much as far as interaction in the thread and events. Great guys, but obviously we're going to need more heads to expand current operations.

=)

what are you looking for, time commitment-wise and content, specifically?

what are you looking for, time commitment-wise and content, specifically?

I wouldn't say a whole lot. Just posting a decent amount and showing up to a good number of events.

It is not like there is anything too special about being a Co-Leader. I mean, you can't even kick people!

op_ivy

i cant commit to weekly races these days, but i'm always down for time attacks, as the timing isnt an issue.
also, there is the issue of my club, which i started to play with a real life buddy of mine that both; doesnt play much, and we've had a bit of a falling out. looking for the guts to back out entirely :p
speaking of, get a TA going for this christmas break!

or, i will! stock focus RS on positano! deadline the 31st, bitches

Keep me in when you're cleaning house Short Sirkett! GT: Rotavelle

I'm up for the Time Attack idea. Been trying to get some activity going in the Rivals mode recently as well.

On the subject of the weekend races: What's the deal on that, it seems like it's been full up with a waiting list so I have just been happy to wait until more people are needed. But you can put me down for participating in the Sunday races if there's room.

SarBear

Keep me in when you're cleaning house Short Sirkett! GT: Rotavelle

I'm up for the Time Attack idea. Been trying to get some activity going in the Rivals mode recently as well.

On the subject of the weekend races: What's the deal on that, it seems like it's been full up with a waiting list so I have just been happy to wait until more people are needed. But you can put me down for participating in the Sunday races if there's room.

People plan on showing, but we're always a couple shy of full. You're a good racer, so I'd love to see you in the official races from now on. =)

People plan on showing, but we're always a couple shy of full. You're a good racer, so I'd love to see you in the official races from now on. =)

Ok cool. I'm usually available on Sundays more often than not, so I'll plan on it.

Also, I don't know if I'm a good racer really, as in races against other people, which are always an adventure for me but always fun too. Looking forward to it.

SarBear

Ok cool. I'm usually available on Sundays more often than not, so I'll plan on it.

Also, I don't know if I'm a good racer really, as in races against other people, which are always an adventure for me but always fun too. Looking forward to it.

Based on the races we had, and your Rivals times, you'll fit in just nicely. GAF club demands the best out of you, so you'll more than likely destroy your previous times for any course you've driven just from the adrenaline. We'll be officially racing again on the 1st of January. A few gentlemen may be around this Sunday if you choose to race then. Otherwise, look forward to Tuesday's post for official races. =)

SarBear's a dirty racer :\

Sometimes he's good...
tumblr_lwoz3ps0Oj1r8kc5o

Sometimes he's not...
tumblr_lwoz5jTT5S1r8kc5oo1_500.jpg

I mean look at this shit, I'm pissed.
tumblr_lwoz3c4AwZ1r8kc5o

tumblr_lwoz4hdLF31r8kc5o

Kick this guy out of the club. I mean come on, the guy drives Dodge Rams in public hoppers. That ain't right.

LOL

Muerte_X

I let Muerte X know you were lookin' for dat ass online. He said he would get in touch with you. Been tweakin all day. Got a SLS, SLR, and Z06 that's ready for you.

I check this thread pretty often, so you can find me on here too. Something may come up, but looks like I'll be around tomorrow. I'm usually on in the evenings, and I have weekends off of work. I don't really play much else than Forza, so if you see me on, send me an invite,

Top Bottom