• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

user_nat said:
I'm confused.
Isn't this the OT? Why are we coming up with names for something that already exists.

Starting regret purchasing my copy online. Not sure if waiting a few days is worth saving $20..

People do this in every OT when they want to request a name change, etc.

Shaneus

Iknos said:
What do you guys think about VIP? Did you think it was worth it in FM3?
Was it only VIP that gave gift cars out every month or so? If that's the case, it's worth it. Means you potentially get to try a car you wouldn't have considered *and* you get it for free.

Iknos said:
It was fun to receive a car every now and again, sure. I don't remember how I got it though! LCE? Paid separately? How much?

As a toss in the with the LCE, sure. Why not.

gotee12

witness said:
I think I'm coming down with something and will have to leave work early on tuesday. Anyone else not feeling well?
I have already made it quite clear to my department that I'll be heading out early Tuesday and won't be in at all on Wednesday...

eek5

Iknos said:
NO.

Advantages:
  • You sometimes get cool liveried cars (but you could just buy good designs yourself anyway)
  • Your auction listings are at the top so around launch you have a huge advantage selling stuff but credits in FM4 are a lot easier to come by so...
  • You get a sweet crown by your name

Can't think of anything else. I didn't think it was worth it though.

Jube3

Snapped two shots of my Civic on Tsukuba.
6228955584_2f89483218_b.jpg

6228386409_1fa648fc36_b.jpg

Iknos said:
Yes. I love getting new cars in box especially with cool design.i am hoping T10 will continue that for LCE VIP owner. Probably the best thing about last LCE.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
bkfount said:
how long has amazon offered a $10 credit for preordering this? I didn't see it the other day.

I was going to get it at best buy, but can't beat $10 and .99 release date delivery.

oh awesome. was hoping they'd do that :)

Hawk269

On Tuesday if you buy the regular or the L.E. version of the game and the Speed Wheel you get a $25 Gift Card at Best Buy. Not a bad deal. And the Speed Wheel is pretty damn good. Been playing alot of Forza 3 with it and for the most part beat most of my times on the leaderboard for almost every track.

Those look so good. Any word on Wally World carrying the Limited Collector's Edition? I'm going to go at midnight so I'm hoping they gots it.

Hawk269 said:
On Tuesday if you buy the regular or the L.E. version of the game and the Speed Wheel you get a $25 Gift Card at Best Buy. Not a bad deal. And the Speed Wheel is pretty damn good. Been playing alot of Forza 3 with it and for the most part beat most of my times on the leaderboard for almost every track.

Is this in store also or just on-line? LE and Speedwheel are both backorder on-line.

I already got Speedwheel from GameStop yesterday, I am not sure yet how I feel about it. It works great with Need For Speed Hot Pursuit but I miss the FFB when using it with Forza and Shift.

edit: ^ wow @ the BMW pictures by Jubes. Only 1 more day!

Mascot

Shortt Sirket said:
It is going to be fine. There are 100 slots, and only 8 people in it right now. I doubt see it filling anytime soon, nor ever honestly. If it comes to it, I am sure it can be separated into Euro/USA/Asia Gaf.

I hope this doesn't happen. One club, one love.

Gowans

5 requests in the club this morning. Added them all, when we start to fill we'll worry about trimming it down, I know a lot of people have sent me PMs stressing to be in.

Gowans007 said:
5 requests in the club this morning. Added them all, when we start to fill we'll worry about trimming it down, I know a lot of people have sent me PMs stressing to be in.
LoopOfHenle (op_ivy)
Gowans007 (Gowans007)
DarkJaye (DarkJC)
DriverZiploc (ziploc)
Hyoushi (Hyoushi)
massproduction (Pepto)
zorbs (zorbsie)
Yoritomo79 (Yoritomo)
oODHOo (CaramaC)
Ayo Jube (Jube3)
Sp4ceman Sp1ff (Spaceman Spiff)
p3tran (p3tran)
Mc Kane (G Rom)
Chris Kenobi UK (Chriswok)
Russtic (Gek54)
rastex (Omar Ismail)
Banana Barons (gragy10)
Rjcc (rjcc)
Senger (Senger)
SoundScream13 (soundscream)
FCryosuke3S (soujiro_seta)
RJ81 (RSTEIN)
Dieselrainbow (DieselRainbow)
hakeem34 (aberckmans)

All from the failed(time zone issues) forza 3 league, should be grandfathered in.

Gowans

Yeah, If we fill up I'll leave it up to GAF to pick how the trimming works. Community choice + tournament to get it?

eso76

Angst said:
Amazing pics, especially the first one. Did you take those?

yup, thankyou !

game looks amazing

some shots deserve to be rendered in bigshot mode, but i warned you, it takes LONG.
it can take 5 minutes or more for a single bigshot unfortunately, would have preferred a usable 1080p photomode tbh.

amar212

Iknos said:

My strictly personal opinion - yes.

There are only handful of games I really love to buy as LE editions, and Forza is one of them. Since I bought FM2 and FM3 as LE, FM4 LE was just a traditional move.

Having VIP status added dozen of beautiful cars in my garage and allowed for some nice visibility on the Storefront.

In contrary to majority of games outthere, there are really just few of them you can play over-and-over during their lifetime. Divide the VIP-LE price for potential hours you'll invest in Forza 4 and you'll clearly see how the price margin really isn't an issue whn compared to almost any other game.

And packaging of LE is also nice ;)

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
wish I could use my ECCI 7000 with this game :(

Looks damn good.

Mascot

Shaneus said:
Same. The Rivals stuff is designed for groups that aren't all in the one zone.
There probably aren't even fifty regular contributors to all the ForzaGAF threads added together. As Cjelly has already said, a lot of the randoms coming out of the woodwork recently probably won't be in it for the long haul and might just see the car club as a quick way to get some tunes and paints before fading back into the shadows once the 'new game' buzz wears off.

G Rom

Meisadragon said:
G Rom is level 47 already. o_O

Btw, my GT is - K4rooo.
Fixed. Remember that I'm only online when I go at my brother's place at the moment.
I've already crossed the 100 photos bar as well.
I don't know how the last season is handled (is it infinite ?) but I'm already in the middle of the ninth season. I fear that I'll have to resort to the event list after finishing worl tour.
Speaking of which, it struck me this week-end that World Tour is exactly what I was doing in FM3 : picking races from completly different events to drive different cars never on the same track two times consecutively.

Also I hope that the integrated DLC is gifted at levels higher than 50 otherwise we'll have to buy every DLC car like in FM3.

Gowans

changed it so you all can edit via the link now, logged in or not.

Might be a bad thing but you can always undo.

I have to go out now, I'll keep an eye on my phone but I'll have to leave it in Forza GAFs hands to manage.

PS: after Jubes photos, I need to get better and photos, they are great!

Top Bottom