• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

CadetMahoney said:
tumblr_lnn5qjmiA81qb7h7l.gif

game can't come soon enough. Racer of this gen no contest.
Lol

Letters said:
:) BUT...why is it left hand drive? Are these cars sold in the US? I bet the Aston Martins are left hand drive too (with the exception of the race cars perhaps)! A personnel gripe of mine but I wish the cars had the correct steering wheel position based upon the country of origin.
Forza 4 is looking much better than Forza 3 all the same.

dejay

Banned
Slackbladder said:
:) BUT...why is it left hand drive? Are these cars sold in the US? I bet the Aston Martins are left hand drive too (with the exception of the race cars perhaps)! A personnel gripe of mine but I wish the cars had the correct steering wheel position based upon the country of origin.

European model?

Xun

Slackbladder said:
Noticed the same thing happened in GT5 with some cars.

I agree it should be based on the country of origin.

Angst

Slackbladder said:
Same reason as in GT, T10 has access to the model locally available in the US - so they model it after that version. Same thing with turning lights etc that differ between regional versions of the cars.

Orgun

If my DFGT worked with the 360 I would be all over this! After using a wheel for so long now there is no way i'm going back to using a pad. :(

p3tran

Banned
Slackbladder said:
other than US, other continents exist like EU for example.
now if you take out of the EU equation UK and Cyprus, I believe all other countries are left hand drives. And to be clear, thats the great majority of eu countries.

XShagrath

Mascot said:
There probably aren't even fifty regular contributors to all the ForzaGAF threads added together. As Cjelly has already said, a lot of the randoms coming out of the woodwork recently probably won't be in it for the long haul and might just see the car club as a quick way to get some tunes and paints before fading back into the shadows once the 'new game' buzz wears off.
I just wanted to jump in. I guess I'm one of those lurkers. The FM2 thread was the one that prompted me to actually get a GAF account, but I didn't get approved for about a year and by then it was too late to jump in on that. I'm a huge Forza player, even though I'm not very good. I love the game and played 2 and 3 for way too many hours. I never really did any online stuff with either of them, due to not knowing very many other racing fans.

I promise I'll try to jump in to the conversations once the game gets released. I just don't really have much to say right now, and don't wanna just go "LAKSJLASJDKAJ! IT'S ALMOST HERE!".

h3ro

Just got off the phone with Amazon regarding Release Day Delivery of m LCE. Looks like they won't be able to do so, even though I'm a Prime member. The guy was nice enough though to upgrade my regular two day shipping to one day overnight as well as take a few bucks off the order. Give it a shot if your in my predicament, Amazon customer service is great.

Regarding the Car Club: I think I now have anxiety over whether I'll actually get in. Will my copy arrive just as it's filled? Do I have any GAF-cred built with Forza-GAF? Do they even know who I am?!

I think I need some more sleep.

kazinova

h3ro said:
Do I have any GAF-cred built with Forza-GAF? Do they even know who I am?!
So this is what I sounded like in high school... :p

The big question for me is can you be in more than one car club. If you can't, there'll be an extra slot.

XShagrath

h3ro said:
Just got off the phone with Amazon regarding Release Day Delivery of m LCE.
I was able to change my shipping to Release Day last week. Amazon still shows a delivery of tomorrow, but it still hasn't shipped yet. I need my fix!

h3ro said:
Just got off the phone with Amazon regarding Release Day Delivery of m LCE. Looks like they won't be able to do so, even though I'm a Prime member. The guy was nice enough though to upgrade my regular two day shipping to one day overnight as well as take a few bucks off the order. Give it a shot if your in my predicament, Amazon customer service is great.

Regarding the Car Club: I think I now have anxiety over whether I'll actually get in. Will my copy arrive just as it's filled? Do I have any GAF-cred built with Forza-GAF? Do they even know who I am?!

I think I need some more sleep.

Shame man, but Amazon's customer service really is amazing.

lil smoke

Banned
Lurker since FM2 here interested in the club too.

Mainly a hopper racer, enjoy F-C class but still race up to A. Enjoy tuning cars like Mazda 2, El Camino, Jeep, Subaru Legacy, 2002 Turbo, etc ... generally I like to make non race/non popular cars better and compete with the fast cars in the hoppers. Sometimes I surprise the room with a sleeper, most times I'm surprised at how fast the car felt even though the lap times were 7 seconds over the avg.

It seems like it would be pretty easy to get some epic 16 player race/cruise/whatever with the amount of members. I'll most likely host lobbies US EST nights, once I have a few cars I'm comfortable with.
I don't mind sharing tunes, or exchanging info, always looking to learn, and help when I can.

madmackem

Bought the season pass its up on the store but i aint got the game yet argggh. I think thats the most ive spent with the least to download 108kb or something lol.

Just ordered the normal edition from Amazon.de... limited was sold out, but whatever, I usually never even scratch the surface of what you can buy in racing games anyway, so I guess the 500 included cars should be more than enough for me (mostly casual racing fan)
I would love to join the gaf club, but would probably focus on making liveries and vynil designs.

Say does anyone know if the VIP cars included in the LE are going to be available for download later on the Marketplace? The Veyron Super Sport and the 458 are very tempting.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Jube3 said:
took more pictures!
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6019/6230057941_1b48dccf62_b.jpg[]
[IMG]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6058/6230057877_eeb098a9e1_b.jpg[/]
[IMG]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6153/6230057911_b4ae08a0ca_b.jpg[/]
[IMG]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6240/6230545334_23d545764e_b.jpg[/]
[IMG]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6237/6230545304_18279f6398_b.jpg[/]
[IMG]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6215/6230026717_964cdbe225_b.jpg[/[/QUOTE]You are definitely improving, Jube. ;)

Dommel

Just ordered the Fanatac CSR wheel, hope they can ship it today so I'll have it before Forza 4arrives at the end of this week.

Bought a Fanatec Carrera Wheel not even 2 months ago because I didn't have the patience to wait for a wheel that would be compatible with both 360 and PS3.

So anyone in Benelux (or even Europe) interested in a cheap Fanatec Carrera wheel? :p

madmackem

cjelly said:

How do you download the american car pack with season pass if you dont have the game, or do you have to wait till you have the game and its in game?.

Dynoro

cjelly said:
Thanks; grabbed the M5 and will pickup the season pass once I add some points on. Am I right in thinking those with the LCE get in game credits when they buy the season pass (as they already have the American Muscle pack)?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
madmackem said:
How do you download the american car pack with season pass if you dont have the game, or do you have to wait till you have the game and its in game?.
Judging by the file sizes, it is in the 2012 BMW M5 download. So you would download the BMW and Season Pass then the American Muscle pack would already be in-game, I guess.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
m0dus said:
Thread title change. If anyone has issue or wants something different, you guys can figure it out. But we don't need to throw everything plus the kitchen sink in there. :)
Motorsport wouldn't go amiss. :p

amar212

m0dus said:
Thread title change. If anyone has issue or wants something different, you guys can figure it out. But we don't need to throw everything plus the kitchen sink in there. :)

Great. I am glad how my initial proposal was accepted :)

It takes only one lovehearted GT fan to change a title of FM4 OT :D

XShagrath

I like the new thread title, but never had a problem with the old one. I always liked how OT's on GAF had really long and obscure thread titles.

U2NUMB

madmackem said:

I would wait till you get the game.. I have the points ready but ill snatch the Season pass right before I put the game in. Not sure how the season pass DLC will work.. even with Gears 3 we do not know yet if its automatic or not.

m0dus said:
I'm gonna go listen to some linkin park :(

Crawllllliiiinnnggg in my skiiinnnnn.......

I approve of the new thread title. Simple and to the point. OT2 can reference the incubation of unicorns in Dan's beard through the warmth of image-based lighting.

Just 24 hours and change to go.

Bitches, r u excite?

Seanspeed

Banned
Spaceman Spiff said:
I approve of the new thread title. Simple and to the point. OT2 can reference the incubation of unicorns in Dan's beard through the warmth of image-based lighting.

Just 24 hours and change to go.

Bitches, r u excite?
I've got the day off, but I'd rather skip ahead to tomorrow so I can get through work and get to some Forza. I'm dying here.

I took off Thursday/Friday for Forza. I didn't really want to have off a day or two in the middle of the week. I'll get a few hours in tomorrow after work, and then Forza weekend will start Wednesday afternoon. I'm so hyped for this game.

eso76

XShagrath said:
I like the new thread title, but never had a problem with the old one. I always liked how OT's on GAF had really long and obscure thread titles.

yeah, but the game is too good for funny thread titles : )

Ugh! Do you only get one chance to import your vinyls from F3? I forgot to turn one of my desings into Vinyl Groups and now I don't see the option to import anymore.

That design took me forever and I really liked it. Bugger!

And I know the idea has got a lot of flak on here, but I love the idea of car tokens. There were a few cars in Forza 3 that I was never able to own because I just simply didn't have the time to earn that much money. I am at the point in my life where I have more money than time and I will gladly pay a couple of bucks to own these cars without trying to spend 100+ hours earning the credits. If you don't want to do it then you don't have to, but it really helps out for some of us that want to be able to play with all the cars in the game and don't have an absurd amount of time.

Top Bottom