• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Himself

I've been spending some time with the demo and...I really like it despite not usually enjoying realistic/sim/plain-old-cars-on-pavement racing games and I'm really not sure why. I turned off the silly "suggested line" thingy and found it to be just the right mix of arcade, but still challenging, and realistic but actually fun.

Am I right about this being the general feel of the game? Usually Wipeout, Motorstorm or Waverace are more the racing games I prefer. Gran Turismo 5 left me really cold and I feel F4 might just be the kinda dame I'd like to cozy up to and make some time with ya know?

guest1321

I've been spending some time with the demo and...I really like it despite not usually enjoying realistic/sim/plain-old-cars-on-pavement racing games and I'm really not sure why. I turned off the silly "suggested line" thingy and found it to be just the right mix of arcade, but still challenging, and realistic but actually fun.

Am I right about this being the general feel of the game? Usually Wipeout, Motorstorm or Waverace are more the racing games I prefer. Gran Turismo 5 left me really cold and I feel F4 might just be the kinda dame I'd like to cozy up to and make some time with ya know?

I enjoy Forza 4 for the fact that it can be both. I like the wide variety of cars, the fact that it looks superb and I don't need to be a super expert racer to enjoy it. The assists (ABS, Tractions Control, Stability Management) make it really easy to hone in how difficult you want the game to be. If you find that you lock the brakes up but don't like being limited on how much you can gas it in the corners then you can quickly switch on ABS and turn off Traction Control. The game really conforms to your playing style and helps nurture your driving skills.

Obviously there are some setbacks that people have mentioned over the past 90 pages but if you are just in it to have a good time and aren't super serious about posting times on leaderboards and having a super sim experience then you will never even know these existed.

All in all, this game is a lot of fun (and a time sink), no matter what level of racer you are, or what style of racer you enjoy.

Himself

Obviously there are some setbacks that people have mentioned over the past 90 pages but if you are just in it to have a good time and aren't super serious about posting times on leaderboards and having a super sim experience then you will never even know these existed.

Things that lead to a good time and not super sim sounds like a racing game I'd enjoy.

I was pretty amazed by the range of experience the demo allowed for with the adjustment of settings. From stick up your ass seriousness to let the game drive for you mindlessness, it all seemed pretty easy to dial up.

I'm thinking I'll pick this up.

trinest

So ended up buying the game.

Really been digging Forza 3, so if this is anything like it then it will be epic.

However the only thing I'm worried about is playing the same tracks from Forza 3 in Forza 4, which no doubt there will be heaps of.

eek5

Really been digging Forza 3, so if this is anything like it then it will be epic.

However the only thing I'm worried about is playing the same tracks from Forza 3 in Forza 4, which no doubt there will be heaps of.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. F4 is better than F3 in almost every way IMO. I was worried about racing the same tracks as well but every car feels different with the new driving model which helps a lot

SarBear

what are you looking for, time commitment-wise and content, specifically?

As Shortt Skirt mentioned, we need a couple people that are going to be somewhat of a voice around the thread and the weekly events. To answer questions, keep the thread alive, get people geeked up, and keep an eye on races. I guess you could say like a Promotional team. Nothing too time consuming, but overall just a general presence.

I wouldn't say a whole lot. Just posting a decent amount and showing up to a good number of events.

It is not like there is anything too special about being a Co-Leader. I mean, you can't even kick people!

I've found that there's certain people I can kick. If the servers lag, then it'll let me kick people. If it's working correctly, then it says I don't have the proper permissions. I let go of about ten people yesterday. Would have been 11, but I couldn't get retroBrand out. =/

SarBear's a dirty racer :\

Sometimes he's good...

Sometimes he's not...

I mean look at this shit, I'm pissed.

Kick this guy out of the club. I mean come on, the guy drives Dodge Rams in public hoppers. That ain't right.

LOL

That Dodge Ram was meant to clean house and murder. It did its job well. As for those other shots.......everyone knows I drive an F50. A 599? Pffffffttttt........couldn't have been me. 0=)

sneaky77

I try to participate but your guys weekly races don't mix with my schedule too well, even if you guys get other co-leaders I am always willing to help out when I can.

SarBear

I try to participate but your guys weekly races don't mix with my schedule too well, even if you guys get other co-leaders I am always willing to help out when I can.

Bro, I didn't even know you were alive! LoL

The weekly races aren't a requirement, but we'd love to hear more from ya man! When we put our heads together for these races, we need more input from fellow gaffers.

If you do ever come over to our Club, op_ivy, I wouldn't hesitate to make you a co-leader. I know you have experience doing this stuff and it would be nice to have you on board. I know have your own, but just letting you know I will keep a Co-Leader spot open if you ever decide to join.

sneaky77

Bro, I didn't even know you were alive! LoL

The weekly races aren't a requirement, but we'd love to hear more from ya man! When we put our heads together for these races, we need more input from fellow gaffers.

Lol I try to participate on the thread but is been crazy time with the holidays and now I am going to be off for a couple weeks vacation. But heres my contrib, F-150 race in fujimi downhill lol

zorbsie

I'm a huge Lotus fan, can we have a lotus race next league weekend? Still at the inlaws, but anytime you guys see me online send an invite. Always up for racing.

Had this idea for a race:

Desert Princes: (haven't thought of a PI yet, A600 probably)
- Luxery Sedans, no lighter than 4000lbs (final car). e.g. Mercedes, BMW, Cadillac, Bentley, Lexus, Porsche, Aston Martin, Ferrari
- No roll cages
-
ShariaBear will knock all women off the course. :(
- Takes place at a desert recreation of some famous course (Leguna Seca?).

SarBear

I'm a huge Lotus fan, can we have a lotus race next league weekend? Still at the inlaws, but anytime you guys see me online send an invite. Always up for racing.

Lotus........FML. Personally, I don't understand why people like this company so much. I'll throw the idea in the hat however, because i understand they're easy to drive. -___-

Xbox in the suitcase-down for some games so long as I can get a decent connection in the mountains

Yea, if you see me on, and any other member, just send an invite out. Might be a little difficult getting some to show up (*cough*), but always give it a go!

Had this idea for a race:

Desert Princes: (haven't thought of a PI yet, A600 probably)
- Luxery Sedans, no lighter than 4000lbs (final car). e.g. Mercedes, BMW, Cadillac, Bentley, Lexus, Porsche, Aston Martin, Ferrari
- No roll cages
-
ShariaBear will knock all women off the course. :(
- Takes place at a desert recreation of some famous course (Leguna Seca?).

Like i said, I can only get it to kick certain members when the server is acting up. >=(

Raudi

Making good progress!

It's coming together better than I expected as I was able to fit 3 HQ versions of my Patron Bee on the sides!

6564873183_3027cfe389_z.jpg

SarBear

Finally on vacation after 2 months of hell, was up till 4 am playing.

Any requests as far as
liveries go? In terms of cars, that is... :)

Not that I would drive a Ferrari 599 GTB, but it's something I would consider if a nice livery was made.

Seanspeed

Banned

The new tire modeling really changes the way you have to drive from Forza 3(in a good way), so you'll find yourself re-discovering the corners and the tracks as a whole.

The tracks also feature much more in terms of bumps and cambers and whatnot. They dont all feel glass-smooth like before, again breathing more life into tracks you thought you already knew.

Like somebody else said, the cars feel more unique from each other in terms of how they feel and how you have to drive them, so thats another thing that will stop you from getting bored with tracks.

And then there's improved sense of speed, which really does add to the experience of driving on these tracks. Combined with the crazy improvement in the sounds of the cars, flying down a fast section of the Nurbugring is nothing like you've experienced in any Forza before.

OrangeOak

I bought game yesterday and I really love it.One of the best racing games I've played.
Menus are so slick and music is just amazing !
My first photomode shot :).

merc2zuaq3.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I am surprised nobody has posted about the free "Seaons Greetings" cars that were sent out. Pretty decent paintjobs and nice cars.
Wait people actually play this game and don't just lurk the OT?

...just me?!

I've set some time aside today to restart my paint job after a week of swearing out loud in frustration from not saving and losing it all.

SarBear

I treated myself to a expensive HD capture card for my pc and man does it make a difference in forza!

*huge fucking pics*

You caught the picture bug, too.

(as did I)

These liveries are just NUTS! Go download and rate them. Seriously, GO!

6566130567_48248fdef7_b.jpg

6566130399_1d846515db_b.jpg

Who can resist a Nismo?
6566130905_77d15c31b2_b.jpg

OrangeOak

Sorry I know that I'm little lttp but holy shit this game looks amazing,especially during sunset and sunrise :O

one more,this is addicting :p
mountain0kj55.jpg

SarBear

Sorry I know that I'm little lttp but holy shit this game looks amazing,especially during sunset and sunrise :O

one more,this is addicting :p
*crowd ramming RAM*

Post as MANY pictures as your heart desires, friend. The more you take, the better you'll get. And plus, we ALL LOVE A BIG TITTIED WOMAN! /ChrisRock

Wait, I mean, we all love fancy pictures!

snack

Hey guys, so I'll be getting Forza 4 on boxing day. Should I be worried about making money when first playing the game? Any useful tips? I am by no means an avid race car gamer lol.

eek5

Hey guys, so I'll be getting Forza 4 on boxing day. Should I be worried about making money when first playing the game? Any useful tips? I am by no means an avid race car gamer lol.

Money isn't really an issue in FM4. Rivals is like a money printing machine especially since the leaderboards for most of the static ones are all filled out by now

rvy

Banned
Damn... I ordered GT5 Friday, but all these pictures are making it hard not to order Forza 4 too. Fucking lack of night racing and weather. The game is so gorgeous across the board.

SarBear

Damn... I ordered GT5 Friday, but all these pictures are making it hard not to order Forza 4 too. Fucking lack of night racing and weather. The game is so gorgeous across the board.

Once you realize there's no leaderboards in othergame5, you'll make the transition. Oh, and the crazy screen turning effect when you steer. Shit boggles the mind.

/troll

rvy

Banned
Once you realize there's no leaderboards in othergame5, you'll make the transition. Oh, and the crazy screen turning effect when you steer. Shit boggles the mind.

/troll

Maybe I should wait for Forza 4 Ultimate, which will just render the LE useless.

Yes, I'm still mad that I bought the Forza 3 LE.

Top Bottom