• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

h3ro

Note: Use the Manual Keyword Search (not Gamtertag Search) and enter "Raudi" and it will bring up all 54 of my Designs as they are split up on 3 Storefronts

:)

Not if your three GTs are already on my favorites list :)

Merry Christmas, Forza-GAF!

Grassy

Skyrim has been owning me lately, I've only played Forza 4 once in the last 6 weeks and that was a few nights ago, I forgot how bloody gorgeous this game is. Time to get stuck back into it now I'm on holidays for a week or so.

Merry Christmas to everyone as well. I'm still recovering from Christmas lunch, too much food and too many beers...bloated :|

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Damn... I ordered GT5 Friday, but all these pictures are making it hard not to order Forza 4 too. Fucking lack of night racing and weather. The game is so gorgeous across the board.
This game is so fun it's not even funny.

I have been so busy but it's time to dive in again.

Gaspode_T

If the season pass discount is only 1800 pts can I have an opinion of whether it is worth it from single player perspective? Maybe I can jump online...but I suck (racing lines-on FTW)

Mascot

Does anyone know if the discounted Season Pass (1800 points down from 2400 points) is only for today? I'm almost sold at that price but wouldn't mind waiting to see what this 'big announcement' is (in case it's just another prick tease).

guest1321

If the season pass discount is only 1800 pts can I have an opinion of whether it is worth it from single player perspective? Maybe I can jump online...but I suck (racing lines-on FTW)

I would look at the DLC from this point and decide. The season pass will mean the same to you from a single and multiplayer perspective. If you feel that the cars that come with forza out of the box are good enough for you then I would say it isn't worth it. But if you want to throw new cars into the mix for the next 6 months and find you might get "bored" of what you have then the season pass is a nice option.

Since you can get *most* of the cars on their own I would consider whether using the 1800 ms points and just purchasing the cars you want would be more financially sound. I guess it really comes down to preference and how much content you will want down the line.

My experience with it has been great. I really haven't explored the november or december car packs that much but the two audi's I have gotten thus far have made me pleased with the purchase. I know once I get the level 50 affinity achievement I will explore the other cars quite a bit more.

TL;DR : If you expect to want more content, then it is absolutely worth it.

saladine1

Does anyone know if the discounted Season Pass (1800 points down from 2400 points) is only for today? I'm almost sold at that price but wouldn't mind waiting to see what this 'big announcement' is (in case it's just another prick tease).

Weather,night,Spahurst DLC confirmed by my friend's cousin's sister's boyfriend's uncle's brother in law who happens to have bumped into someone who shook hands with the personal assistant to Dan Greenawalt's personal assistant's husband....it's a reliable source dude.

skyfinch

Weather,night,Spahurst DLC confirmed by my friend's cousin's sister's boyfriend's uncle's brother in law who happens to have bumped into someone who shook hands with the personal assistant to Dan Greenawalt's personal assistant's husband....it's a reliable source dude.

Awesome! I can't wait.

G Rom

For those still on the fence about DLC, don't think it has been posted but BADNED updated his list with fucking awesome future DLC cars for christmas !!!

Here are some of those (we lost the Gran Torino and the 1970 Corolla for now though)
1995 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
2012 Citroën DS4
1964 Lotus Cortina
1991 Mazda #55 Mazdaspeed 787B (can't fucking wait to hear this beast in FM4 !!!!!!)
1958 MG MGA Twin-Cam
1987 RUF CTR "Yellowbird"
1997 Volvo 850 R

saladine1

For those still on the fence about DLC, don't think it has been posted but BADNED updated his list with fucking awesome future DLC cars for christmas !!!

Here are some of those (we lost the Gran Torino and the 1970 Corolla for now though)
1995 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
2012 Citroën DS4
1964 Lotus Cortina
1991 Mazda #55 Mazdaspeed 787B (can't fucking wait to hear this beast in FM4 !!!!!!)
1958 MG MGA Twin-Cam
1997 Volvo 850 R
Very nice!

Turn 10 car selection wins again. Oh, and the 787B should sound terrifying..

I am on the fence about the season pass on today deal.

I already own the Muscle car pack because I have the LE. So it leaves 2 car packs already released plus 4 upcoming ones until April. Each pack is 560 MS points, to a total of 3360 MS points. The Season Pass looks good at 1800 MS points, but not so much, considering the november pack is already discounted at 50% (280 MS points). If I wait to the packs later at 50% off each (and they will be that price) it will end up at 1560 MS points, less than the Season Pass. I think I can wait.

Again, if the Season Pass was 50% off (1200) it would have been a non-brainer.

G Rom

Very nice!

Turn 10 car selection wins again. Oh, and the 787B should sound terrifying..
Seriously. The car list was already great at launch but the DLC keeps on delivering digital awesomeness ! :eek:
Hopefully one day the track list will reach that level of awesomeness too...

1995 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
2012 Citroën DS4
1964 Lotus Cortina
1958 MG MGA Twin-Cam
1997 Volvo 850 R

MY GOD! It is full of stars!!! Seriously, fuckin Volvo 850R up in the house!!! Plus that Yellowbird and 787B are going to sound glorious!

I'm thinking of buying a 360 just for this game.

I can get a 4GB console for $149 AU which is basically nothing, but I hear this game has a mandatory 2.8 GB install. So what I'm asking is if the entry level 360 is good enough to play Forza 4, I guess.

Thanks in advance. :)

Muerte_X

Just playing with the built in movie maker. The compression is pretty horrible, and youtube makes it worse, but oh well.

Played with some randoms online to practice racing/passing with other people. Ended up coming across a few good, clean racers. Probably the closest race I've ever had with someone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwY-z6LRjKg

I'm thinking of buying a 360 just for this game.

I can get a 4GB console for $149 AU which is basically nothing, but I hear this game has a mandatory 2.8 GB install. So what I'm asking is if the entry level 360 is good enough to play Forza 4, I guess.

Thanks in advance. :)

There is no mandatory install but without the 2nd disc content you miss out on a bunch of cars and the longer larger tracks like nurb.

Use a USB pen to install the games 2nd disc content, I think that works with forza 4.

There is no mandatory install but without the 2nd disc content you miss out on a bunch of cars and the longer larger tracks like nurb.

Use a USB pen to install the games 2nd disc content, I think that works with forza 4.

On top of that, the DLCs aren't exactly small either. I think the 4gb might be okay for the 2nd disk and DLC as long as you don't plan on downloading any XBL Arcade games or anything. I say just start with that and then when you have a bit more money and such, get a new HD for the system.

SarBear

Can I get invited to the GAF club? ty

GT: The Japanator

Sure....you know we do online races together as a league, right? With a chance to win unicorns of your choice? =)

Anyway, more pics:

6576257457_9eab8595a4_z.jpg

6576258213_e33bd1c8d9_z.jpg

Hi Guys,

sorry i couldnt make it online, our baby came 5 weeks early and its been chaos here :)
everything is cool and its business as usual every sunday, i got the taste and it cant live without now :)

SarBear

That's sweet! I'm looking forward to racing with you guys! I'm nub though. haha

Bro, just race as hard as you can (respectfully, of course). Learn the tracks, migrate to manual transmission if you're not using it, talk some shit, and you'll fit in just fine. Trust me, no matter how you race, there's competition in each place on the track. The tense competition in front is equally matched by the tense competition in the back, or the middle of the pack for that matter.

Bro, just race as hard as you can (respectfully, of course). Learn the tracks, migrate to manual transmission if you're not using it, talk some shit, and you'll fit in just fine. Trust me, no matter how you race, there's competition in each place on the track. The tense competition in front is equally matched by the tense competition in the back, or the middle of the pack for that matter.

I think this is what makes the races so good. No matter your skill level, there are going to be a couple of people who similar to you. In the front, middle or back there are always good battles for position.

Gaspode_T

Thanks for advice and nudges, definitely interested in getting into Forza 4 more than I did Forza 3, I think playing online would be fun, I just have some sort of bad memory of getting pwned in either Forza 2 or 3 online :p

If they even included 2 or 3 tracks in the season pass it would make it a lot more appealing anyway...

I've always wanted to use manual in racing games, I was trying to learn it in Daytona and Outrun XBLA but laziness always prevails. If they only had something like racing lines for shifting...

SarBear

Hi Guys,

sorry i couldnt make it online, our baby came 5 weeks early and its been chaos here :)
everything is cool and its business as usual every sunday, i got the taste and it cant live without now :)

Nice!! Hey, if your comfortable, throw up some pics of the little one! We all love a newborn. Congrats, man!

Around 9:30, you know I have to watch a little wrestling first.

Congratulations on your new born Templar Wizard.

Oh, and Happy Kwanzaa Forza-Gaf!

That time should be great. It took me forever to get that Ferrari picture decent, you know. That color is a nightmare with working into exposure.

Bigshots ALWAYS available, man. ALWAYS. I don't know of a site where I could upload the bigshot and then link to it, however. It's nearly 24mb. Any insight?

I use dropbox. It is easier for me to upload it there and then you can make it public for people to grab.

Top Bottom