• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Gor@n

Neo Member
Happy holidays all, just got back into the game after a month hiatus, was wondering if anyone is kind enough to gift a lamborghini sesto elemento as i can't pick one cheap on the AH and can pick up a load of cars for the 2.5 mil asking price (gamertag: LOPATICKI).

Nista

So can a Forza noob get an invite to the GAF club? Promise not to be a troublemaker.

I just got the game for the holidays and I'm enjoying single-player immensely. Though I need to break the habit of treating the career mode races as part of Top Gear by forcefully pushing all the AI cars out of my way. :)

gragy10

Attempting to share a rural 1mb line between 3 people til tomorrow so no online for me.
Have had time to get stuck into career and event list tho - really not convinced of the need for so many F & E class championships.
The completist in me can't let it lie (all Gold in Forza 2 achievement holder and 'proud') but sweet jesus is it a grind

snack

I'm doing the lone driver (autocross) community monthly rival thing and got a lower time than my rival but I'm second. How does that work?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I'm doing the lone driver (autocross) community monthly rival thing and got a lower time than my rival but I'm second. How does that work?

you probably got a "dirty lap" as indicated by a ! next to your time in race, also shown in the leaderboard time if you have a mark in the most right column. your friends time must have been "clean" (which you can see because he wont have a mark in that column on the leaderboards). you dirty your lap time by hitting other vehicles or the wall, or traveling outside the track - fyi, sometimes the track boundary isnt clearly defined, like in the alps.

zorbsie

Attempting to share a rural 1mb line between 3 people til tomorrow so no online for me.
Have had time to get stuck into career and event list tho - really not convinced of the need for so many F & E class championships.
The completist in me can't let it lie (all Gold in Forza 2 achievement holder and 'proud') but sweet jesus is it a grind

In the same boat. 1000 points in both fm2 and fm3. Have to get through the event list on fm4. Its a real grind but I'm at 44% complete. Almost half way there. This might take some time.

FYI, Senna is on netflix streaming. just watched it this morning :)

senna-brazil1.jpg

This movie affected me for days after watching it. So amazing, yet heart breaking.
10/10

op_ivy

yay, just test out my forza 4 save on the new xbox, all my event list check marks showed up! success! i had no idea getting a new console was going to be such a pain in the ass. not a fan of DRM and shit.

In the same boat. 1000 points in both fm2 and fm3. Have to get through the event list on fm4. Its a real grind but I'm at 44% complete. Almost half way there. This might take some time.

yeah, i was shooting to get a 100% a going through the event list myself... but the other day i remembered one cheevo is for racing with kinect, so hopes crushed. :(

the event list hasnt hit grind status with me yet, so i'm still playing it - but i seriously doubt i'll bother finishing it. though, i guess 995/1000 score aint bad

This movie affected me for days after watching it. So amazing, yet heart breaking.
10/10

i agree. i didnt really know who the guy was, and man, what a story! a high budget movie about his times at mclaren with probst (spelling?) would be EPIC.

op_ivy

SarBear

you have definitely stepped up your photos in a big way - they look GREAT

Coming from you, that means a LOT! Thank you very much! Each time I take a new photo I feel like I'm learning something new. I still want to play around with the focus effects more, however.

Edit: I looked back at my old photos....OMG, they're disgusting. Even the ones from the first week of official races look like poo compared to the ones I make now. And god, there's a couple I took that weren't 1:1.....man, if I could only remake those shots.

Awesome, thanks.

My pleasure. Anytime I post a photo and you want a bigshot, just let me know. I'll have a link ASAP.

op_ivy

Coming from you, that means a LOT! Thank you very much! Each time I take a new photo I feel like I'm learning something new. I still want to play around with the focus effects more, however.

Edit: I looked back at my old photos....OMG, they're disgusting. Even the ones from the first week of official races look like poo compared to the ones I make now. And god, there's a couple I took that weren't 1:1.....man, if I could only remake those shots.

didnt think anyone liked my pics :)

guess i'll go back and take a few more

Seeing your pics SarBear has made me want to get back into taking them. For a while there that was all I was doing. I am so happy that they stepped up their game in this department. Especially with the BigShots. The difference between those and the normal photos is shockingly large.

SarBear

Seeing your pics SarBear has made me want to get back into taking them. For a while there that was all I was doing. I am so happy that they stepped up their game in this department. Especially with the BigShots. The difference between those and the normal photos is shockingly large.

;) I have so many pics that I haven't posted yet. Some old, some new. Some look extremely close to reality. But, I feel like that's all I'm taking, reality photos. I want to add some neat effects to them; which is why I want to start messing around with the focus and such. Maybe even psychedelic effects with the colors. High standards, however.

Bro, trust me, you, me, Op, retro, and a few others can easily revive that photo/livery thread.

op_ivy

;) I have so many pics that I haven't posted yet. Some old, some new. Some look extremely close to reality. But, I feel like that's all I'm taking, reality photos. I want to add some neat effects to them; which is why I want to start messing around with the focus and such. Maybe even psychedelic effects with the colors. High standards, however.

Bro, trust me, you, me, Op, retro, and a few others can easily revive that photo/livery thread.

i really think the photo thread needs to be distinct from the design, vinyls, and tuning. those can go here, or possibly a 3rd forza thread.

SarBear

love the sky reflection and IBL!

you are LOVIN that 3/4 view :p

I am, i need help. I've been trying different viewpoints lately, but it's hard to make a convincing photo. Although, i have a SLR ass shot that is to die for. In due time....

op_ivy

I am, i need help. I've been trying different viewpoints lately, but it's hard to make a convincing photo. Although, i have a SLR ass shot that is to die for. In due time....

i do the same thing, but i throw in a rear view 3/4 shot from time to time to mix it up :p

SarBear

i do the same thing, but i throw in a rear view 3/4 shot from time to time to mix it up :p

I've been trying to migrate to a side shot....but god, I need a near perfect backdrop for it to be convincing. The only two places that seem convincing are Indy and Mugello. The rest of the backgrounds always have something that give away the illusion.

Just some pics from last night with Soundscream, Muerte, ShariaBear, and Crude. We raced with modus earlier, but I didn't save the replay :\

tumblr_lwvc0on6Ss1r8kc5o

tumblr_lwvc0fW0rY1r8kc5o

tumblr_lwvbzzKoOB1r8kc5o

tumblr_lwvbziIX6T1r8kc5o

tumblr_lwvbz6wYuW1r8kc5o

LOL look who's not going the right way
tumblr_lwvbysQthA1r8kc5o

op_ivy

This is a good thing. Jalopnik means good, classic and quirky cars. Maybe I will finally get my Dodge Omni GLH-S!!

i suppose. i was just (unrealistically) hoping for a track. or even the huayra or porsche. stupid, i know.

SarBear

This is a good thing. Jalopnik means good, classic and quirky cars. Maybe I will finally get my Dodge Omni GLH-S!!

Season pass fail.

Oh, and just for reference, retro was the one layin down the HATE so badly last night. He just couldn't keep up with the Supra. He was the big tittied broad in the passenger seat losing his top while I was driftin' around gorgeously.

op_ivy

For those still on the fence about DLC, don't think it has been posted but BADNED updated his list with fucking awesome future DLC cars for christmas !!!

Here are some of those (we lost the Gran Torino and the 1970 Corolla for now though)
1995 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
2012 Citroën DS4
1964 Lotus Cortina
1991 Mazda #55 Mazdaspeed 787B (can't fucking wait to hear this beast in FM4 !!!!!!)
1958 MG MGA Twin-Cam
1987 RUF CTR "Yellowbird"
1997 Volvo 850 R

so, probably some of these for next weeks DLC

G Rom

i suppose. i was just (unrealistically) hoping for a track. or even the huayra or porsche. stupid, i know.
The Pagani could be in this batch, FM3's first Jalopnik car pack wasn't about classic cars at all. Also, Turn 10 DLC policy seems to have changed since they now mix cars from different decades instead of sticking with recent or future cars.

The Huayra had better be in. I may have to hurt myself if it's not.

Also, I missed it, but this was one of BADNED's signature teases on FC.com:

"3 go in, 1 comes out"

After what happened at Le Mans this year, it might well be the R18, right? Not necessarily in next week's pack, mind you, but eventually.

Hopefully.

saladine1

The Pagani could be in this batch, FM3's first Jalopnik car pack wasn't about classic cars at all. Also, Turn 10 DLC policy seems to have changed since they now mix cars from different decades instead of sticking with recent or future cars.

Which is a smart move in my opinion. Some people prefer new cars to old and production cars to race variants. So a mix will find more people than ever before.
I myself would love if every dlc car was from an era gone by. In fact I demand it Turn 10!

Top Bottom