• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

shinnn

1970 Alfa Romeo Montreal
2011 Audi RS5
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS
1986 Dodge Shelby Omni GLHS
2000 Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo
1973 Ford Pinto
2011 Honda #33 Level 5 Motorsports Lola
2012 Honda Civic Si Coupe
2011 Lamborghini #08 West Yokohama Gallardo LP560-4
2012 Pagani Huayra

9472c37bc22c92ceb0dacwtkbm.jpg

69f5fbf5b9f7163532a476akss.jpg

34aed2174d681e754bb91pdjh0.jpg

6cecf78ed99843911dcc2ddj36.jpg

a9c84550a468fa1cd07182pjw9.jpg

161e663a6f9694de732780ajit.jpg

1c02c2db0db6bb11ffcd3k4jgp.jpg

b7411e6351229e1e1d9fa5fjor.jpg

7ba499aa960a31e7d7654yhjde.jpg

e674497650aa24554c051whknp.jpg

Guys......what is the best C class car to be competitive online? I struggled all weekend. I could build cars up to place in 3rd, but I need a better car.

Guys......what is the best C class car to be competitive online? I struggled all weekend. I could build cars up to place in 3rd, but I need a better car.

Depends on the track. I'm very fond of the '65 Mustang I put in the club garage, but it doesn't work well on high-speed sections.

1970 Alfa Romeo Montreal
2011 Audi RS5
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS
2000 Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo
1973 Ford Pinto
2011 Honda #33 Level 5 Motorsports Lola
2012 Honda Civic Si Coupe
2011 Lamborghini #08 West Yokohama Gallardo LP560-4
2012 Pagani Huayra

G-class confirmed?

SarBear

AN IMPALA SS???!??!?!?!?!?

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS??!?!?!?!??!!!??!?!?!!?!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?11111111111

Still no word on Sundays races? I'm coming home tomorrow and need time to prep :)

Oh....nagge..... ;) patience, my friend.

saladine1

1970 Alfa Romeo Montreal
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS
1973 Ford Pinto
2012 Pagani Huayra

Again, great stuff. Although, the Pinto is a surprising inclusion but i'll take it.

On another note, I found my favourite car so far....the Mercedes 190E Evolution. I think it was Martin Brundle who said that it had the best handling saloon chassis and I totally agree with him. Modified for A class and I love it!

Now Turn 10, about that Spahurst DLC for FEB....

G Rom

The Pagani, at last ! :)
The race Lambo, the Alfa and the Fiat are welcome surprises too.

I just checked, with this pack, Ford will tie Ferrari as the biggest manufacturer in FM4 (it even overtakes it when you count duplicates).
If Porsche was in, it would be the biggest, just like in FM3...

SarBear

New race details when a new page develops. =)

oh...one more thing....

SERIOUSLY!?!?! DOPE BOY MAGIC IMPALA SS FROM THA D HOLLA AT ME BIG THANGS POPPIN GUN CHARGE WHATS GOOD FAKE HID HEADLIGHTS ON DUBS FOO' EVERYTHANG IS GUCCI!!!!!

G Rom

I will bet that you need to buy the whole pack to get the zonda in the new dlc.
You're LTTP on that front. I already called that in this very thread at the beginning of this month IIRC. :lol

Saladine, you forgot to mention that the 190E has an amazing engine sound too. :)

saladine1

You're LTTP on that front. I already called that in this very thread at the beginning of this month IIRC. :lol

Saladine, you forgot to mention that the 190E has an amazing engine sound too. :)

My word it does, especially with close gearing...it's a continuous sound byte heaven!

SarBear

Now.....that I've calmed down. If Turn10 had put the 96 Impala SS AND the 2004 Mustang SVT Cobra in the same pack......omg, there would be a new mail slot in the middle of my pants.

SarBear

6582805713_5c2ebb988a_z.jpg

This Sunday, January 1st (LOL, WUT?), GAF Racing Club is eager to extend a competitive race outing to all those affiliated with our club! Please join us at 2:30pm EST (do your conversions!) for tire-screeching, insane speeds, bad choices, unbelievable passes, sexual advances, unicorn bragging, and perfectly executed intentional crashes from your favorite forum members! This is the fourth week of our racing league, so continue the awesome support, GAF!

RULES:

• No glitched cars. Ever.
  • Minimum 10 players per event type for prizes.
  • Damage for main race types will be Cosmetic and Collisions will be on.
  • 1 Lap run around BEFORE event type on said course, strictly for stretching your legs.
  • GRID WILL BE RANDOM (there's no complaint box, so deal with it)
  • You don't HAVE to do all three events, but it's up to you to keep us informed of what you want to participate in.

Also...
2. – Race League racers should, whenever possible, race “clean”.
.....2.a. Car position relative to others on the track is not always clear. Mid-race .....discussion over xbox live should be used primarily to communicate position and .....passing intents by drivers to avoid collisions.
.....2.b. Attempts at passing should only be made when it is safe to do so.
.....2.c. If being passed, make attempts to avoid collisions whenever possible.
.....2.d. Careless passing that results in significant collisions will be identified post race .....with either time penalties incurred for the offending driver, or with that driver being .....disqualified for that event. Penalty specifics are open for discussion, and .....cases will be looked at via replay on a case by case basis by volunteer bystanders.
.....2.e. Non-significant collisions, or trading paint, is frowned upon, but usually will not .....result in specific penalties.
.....2.f. All drivers should drive cautiously and thoughtfully to avoid collisions. If minor .....collisions occur and it leads to a change in driver position, attempts may be made .....by the offender to allow the passed car back into its pre-collision position.
.....2.g. All racers should save a replay after each race in case review of infractions is .....necessary.
.....2.h. Cars should make all attempts to stay on the track at all time. "Shortcuts" are .....frowned upon and may result in time penalties or race disqualifications.

EVENT TYPES (2):

Catalunya....the salad dressing? - Slapped with a bad case of "Where's Waldo" wardrobe, we're back in action at the famous Spanish circuit. Decisions, decisions....speed, or acceleration? Tough choice to make for you guys, especially in a Miata! Better bring your gatorade, gentelmen, because this race is going to be only part ONE of our lengthy double fisting.

Track
  • Circuit de Catalunya (full circuit) - 13 Laps
Restrictions
  • 1994 1st Gen Mazda Miata
  • Class - C 425
  • Roll Cage Required (individual PI restrictions for non-compliance)
  • Must use GAF livery (will gift, just ask for it)
  • Must have visible race number

The Green Hell - An absolute nightmare of a course to drive, wouldn't you say? Good thing there's time to practice. Switch gears into one of the world's most popular Supercars as you sprint, tackle, and pray for forgiveness along the infamous Nurburgring Nordschleife. Part two of our bedroom endurance promises to give you an experience you'll never forget.....and never want to entertain again. /hardcoretroll

Track
  • Nurburgring Nordschliefe (full circuit) - 5 Laps
Restrictions
  • Class - R2 875
  • Car type - Supercar (no exceptions)
  • Mandatory Pit Stop on beginning of Lap 4

PRIZES

Winners: 1st, 2nd, 3rd place overall in day's events
Prize: Unicorn of choice

BONUS!:

TBD

Players (Miata Number):

Sarbear (3)
Shortt Sirket (25)
Ox Nagge (33)

Reserve:

CrudeDiatribe (7)
Granholme (27)
Muerte X (8)
retroBrand (17)
Seanspeed (21)
Union 0015 (15) 
Soundscream (13)
P3Tran
The Stig (00)
Big Takeover (77)
Mr Nightman (88)
MJLord (93)
cjelly (28)
LiquidSnake
flyinpiranha
Guest 1321 (18)
G Rom (34)
Benjamin Birdie
op_ivy
Sneaky77
Zorbsie (31)

Current standings always available here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ancn9aXDWX-ldGt1eThhdEhMWFEtc2hXY0RDQlJwTnc#gid=0

You're in reserve until you confirm. :)
If you need an invite, please let us know.
If you have a pitiful number of posts, you will be put on reserve until day before racing begins.
If I get a ton of players that actually promise to show up (25 or more)...two rooms/random drawing

Shit's going to be awful, just like Fujimi was. LoL! I want to do something Nascar related, but I'm waiting to hear from Jube first. Don't wanna press the issue until he says something. ;)

I do think a NASCAR race around the Indy Brickyard would be pretty fun.

I was also thinking about the required pitstop. Maybe make it required still, but let people chose when they want to (except first and last lap). That way it might add a bit of strategy to it? Just a suggestion.

And btw, you and me have almost 200 more posts than anyone else in here. I really think we need to get out more...

well looks like I wont be able to make it this sunday, since my live expires the 1st. Don't really have the money to renew, soo will just have to wait and see when I can. Will let you guys know when I am able to renew, have fun on the green hell lol shits gunna be crazy

well looks like I wont be able to make it this sunday, since my live expires the 1st. Don't really have the money to renew, soo will just have to wait and see when I can. Will let you guys know when I am able to renew, have fun on the green hell lol shits gunna be crazy

I might have an extra month or 48 hour code lying around. Let me check, and I will also check at work to see if we have any promo ones. I don't want people to miss out because their Live just expired.

nagge

Supercars @ R2, wow, it will get interesting. I have no such cars in my garage atm, will have to do some serious shopping and testing before Sunday.

SarBear

Supercars @ R2, wow, it will get interesting. I have no such cars in my garage atm, will have to do some serious shopping and testing before Sunday.

............you don't have a Supercar? I find that hard to beleive, but either way, let me direct you to my VERY close friends at Ferrari. They'll give you a good deal.

SarBear

(posted for a new page)
6582805713_5c2ebb988a_z.jpg

This Sunday, January 1st (LOL, WUT?), GAF Racing Club is eager to extend a competitive race outing to all those affiliated with our club! Please join us at 2:30pm EST (do your conversions!) for tire-screeching, insane speeds, bad choices, unbelievable passes, sexual advances, unicorn bragging, and perfectly executed intentional crashes from your favorite forum members! This is the fourth week of our racing league, so continue the awesome support, GAF!

RULES:

• No glitched cars. Ever.
  • Minimum 10 players per event type for prizes.
  • Damage for main race types will be Cosmetic and Collisions will be on.
  • 1 Lap run around BEFORE event type on said course, strictly for stretching your legs.
  • GRID WILL BE RANDOM (there's no complaint box, so deal with it)
  • You don't HAVE to do all three events, but it's up to you to keep us informed of what you want to participate in.

Also...
2. – Race League racers should, whenever possible, race “clean”.
.....2.a. Car position relative to others on the track is not always clear. Mid-race .....discussion over xbox live should be used primarily to communicate position and .....passing intents by drivers to avoid collisions.
.....2.b. Attempts at passing should only be made when it is safe to do so.
.....2.c. If being passed, make attempts to avoid collisions whenever possible.
.....2.d. Careless passing that results in significant collisions will be identified post race .....with either time penalties incurred for the offending driver, or with that driver being .....disqualified for that event. Penalty specifics are open for discussion, and .....cases will be looked at via replay on a case by case basis by volunteer bystanders.
.....2.e. Non-significant collisions, or trading paint, is frowned upon, but usually will not .....result in specific penalties.
.....2.f. All drivers should drive cautiously and thoughtfully to avoid collisions. If minor .....collisions occur and it leads to a change in driver position, attempts may be made .....by the offender to allow the passed car back into its pre-collision position.
.....2.g. All racers should save a replay after each race in case review of infractions is .....necessary.
.....2.h. Cars should make all attempts to stay on the track at all time. "Shortcuts" are .....frowned upon and may result in time penalties or race disqualifications.

EVENT TYPES (2):

Catalunya....the salad dressing? - Slapped with a bad case of "Where's Waldo" wardrobe, we're back in action at the famous Spanish circuit. Decisions, decisions....speed, or acceleration? Tough choice to make for you guys, especially in a Miata! Better bring your gatorade, gentelmen, because this race is going to be only part ONE of our lengthy double fisting.

Track
  • Circuit de Catalunya (Grand Prix Circuit) - 13 Laps
Restrictions
  • 1994 1st Gen Mazda Miata
  • Class - C 425
  • Roll Cage Required (individual PI restrictions for non-compliance)
  • Must use GAF livery (will gift, just ask for it)
  • Must have visible race number

The Green Hell - An absolute nightmare of a course to drive, wouldn't you say? Good thing there's time to practice. Switch gears into one of the world's most popular Supercars as you sprint, tackle, and pray for forgiveness along the infamous Nurburgring Nordschleife. Part two of our bedroom endurance promises to give you an experience you'll never forget.....and never want to entertain again. /hardcoretroll

Track
  • Nurburgring Nordschliefe (full circuit) - 5 Laps
Restrictions
  • Class - R2 875
  • Car type - Supercar (no exceptions)
  • Mandatory Pit Stop on beginning of Lap 4

PRIZES

Winners: 1st, 2nd, 3rd place overall in day's events
Prize: Unicorn of choice

BONUS!:

TBD

Players (Miata Number):

Sarbear (3)
Shortt Sirket (25)
Ox Nagge (33)
Rotavelle (12)
Zorbsie (31)
Soundscream (13)
Archer33 (1)
Muerte X (8)
Granholme (27)
Seanspeed (21)
MJLord (93)
The Japanator (maybe)

Reserve:

CrudeDiatribe (7)
retroBrand (17)
P3Tran
The Stig (00)
Big Takeover (77)
cjelly (28)
LiquidSnake
flyinpiranha
Guest 1321 (18)
G Rom (34)
Benjamin Birdie
op_ivy
Sneaky77
Mr Nightman (88) (nope 1/1/12)
Union 0015 (15) (nope)

Current standings always available here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ancn9aXDWX-ldGt1eThhdEhMWFEtc2hXY0RDQlJwTnc#gid=0

You're in reserve until you confirm. :)
If you need an invite, please let us know.
If you have a pitiful number of posts, you will be put on reserve until day before racing begins.
If I get a ton of players that actually promise to show up (25 or more)...two rooms/random drawing

I'll make new paints for at least two of the January DLC cars, whoever will guess any of the cars I'm thinking of will get 2.000.000 credits ;)

If Jube will hook me up with the early code I'll have them ready for release date :D

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
That Impala will be MINE. One of my favorite cars of all time. Those front seats are like two leather lazyboys. They don't make cars like that anymore.

All that's left on my wish list is 06 Crown Victoria P71, 06 Mercury Marauder, 2012 Ford Mustang GT, 2012 V6 Mustang, and the 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP comp. spec.

Top Bottom