• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Muerte_X

Are you talking about the Furai? I was going to try that out next. That thing looks amazing, the body styling I mean.

Yeah, I love the way it looks. The brake lights are really awesome looking. It's handling is amazing. With max downforce the lateral G's are at 2, haha. I think it would probably do better as an R1 car, the top speed is pretty low compared these other cars, and it takes a while to get there. It's starts struggling in the mid to high 100's of mph though. :/

Hi Guys,

I replied to SarBear, things were up in the air and now they are coming back together.
I will spend a few hours tonight tuning and painting and then i shall be ready :)

looking forward to it!

Mascot

I finally accepted the self-evident truth that Spa won't be coming to FM4, bit the bullet and downloaded the GT5 version.

It still saddens me that Indy was deemed more worthy.

Seanspeed

Banned
Oh I'm sure you could indeed. Wonder how much comes down to tuning too. I'm no expert at it, but sometimes I get lucky.

I'd swap tunes with you or Seanspeed, just out of curiosity and for the sake of sciene, to see what's what... Or, is that not kosher pre-race?

Ditched my miata tune that I've used since the first race at Motegi and what a difference it made :)

Ok, it was definitely setup-related. I know that Barcelona demands good handling, but I really thought that in the Miata's, you'd still need some top speed at a track like this. But nope. I put the Forza aerokit on and it really turned everything around. Two of the corners I can actually take flat-out(just barely!) now that I definitely couldn't before and thats giving me chunks of time. I'm about a second faster now.

I should be up there with you guys now, hopefully. This is gonna be a fun fight at the front. :)

Also, I might stick an aero-version of the Miata on my Storefront up for anybody who was using my older version(I saw I got some d/l's, I dunno). There really is a lot of time to be gained at this track.

SarBear

Ok, it was definitely setup-related. I know that Barcelona demands good handling, but I really thought that in the Miata's, you'd still need some top speed at a track like this. But nope. I put the Forza aerokit on and it really turned everything around. Two of the corners I can actually take flat-out(just barely!) now that I definitely couldn't before and thats giving me chunks of time. I'm about a second faster now.

I should be up there with you guys now, hopefully. This is gonna be a fun fight at the front. :)

Also, I might stick an aero-version of the Miata on my Storefront up for anybody who was using my older version(I saw I got some d/l's, I dunno). There really is a lot of time to be gained at this track.

Yea, I'm having major trouble finding something that works with this course. It's kinda ridiculous. Even with Seanspeed's tune, which is rather decent (very stiff, which i enjoy), I can't find the "secret." Guess I'll either have to watch some replays or accept 10th. LoL

Seanspeed

Banned
Yea, I'm having major trouble finding something that works with this course. It's kinda ridiculous. Even with Seanspeed's tune, which is rather decent (very stiff, which i enjoy), I can't find the "secret." Guess I'll either have to watch some replays or accept 10th. LoL

I'm happy now. All I added to my normal setup was Forza wings front and rear, wider tires front n rear and new wheels to adjust the PI to C325. I could put more grip on it, but I'm good so long as I can make these two corners flat out. I hate going full-grip cuz I dont like getting mugged on straightaways whether defending or attacking.

Also, I put my new tune up if you maybe used my older one. Its good for mid 2:08's.

I think I'm set with my cars. Just need to practice more to find some consistency on the Nurburgring. Its rare that I can get around a whole lap without a relatively major mistake, especially in these cars.

I am seriously stoked about the new Car Pack. I can't wait to kick some ass with my Dodge Omni and I really can't wait to hear that new Pagani.

Been testing with the Joss a bit more. I love how it feels at speed, but get it in anything lower than 3rd gear and the tires just refuse to have any grip. I keep thinking about switching, but I really like the car.

SarBear

I am seriously stoked about the new Car Pack. I can't wait to kick some ass with my Dodge Omni and I really can't wait to hear that new Pagani.

Been testing with the Joss a bit more. I love how it feels at speed, but get it in anything lower than 3rd gear and the tires just refuse to have any grip. I keep thinking about switching, but I really like the car.

If someone could get ahold of the wheelspin, this car would dominate the entire field EASY.

Yeah, I love the way it looks. The brake lights are really awesome looking. It's handling is amazing. With max downforce the lateral G's are at 2, haha. I think it would probably do better as an R1 car, the top speed is pretty low compared these other cars, and it takes a while to get there. It's starts struggling in the mid to high 100's of mph though. :/

Yeah, the first time I hit the brakes in chase cam view it kind of blew my mind. Wasn't expecting that. Craziness!

It does struggle to get up to speed and tops out quick. So I was surprised to see a couple top 50 entries on the LB on the ring. Wonder how they've done that.

I'm happy now. All I added to my normal setup was Forza wings front and rear, wider tires front n rear and new wheels to adjust the PI to C325. I could put more grip on it, but I'm good so long as I can make these two corners flat out. I hate going full-grip cuz I dont like getting mugged on straightaways whether defending or attacking.

Also, I put my new tune up if you maybe used my older one. Its good for mid 2:08's.

I think I'm set with my cars. Just need to practice more to find some consistency on the Nurburgring. Its rare that I can get around a whole lap without a relatively major mistake, especially in these cars.

I'm gonna check it out tonight. I think I broke my tune. Can't get back to the 2:08's. Too much fiddling with the buttons and levers I guess.

SarBear

Is it gonna be an official race?

I'm kinda trying not to race too long.

Yes! It only adds about 15 minutes or so. If everything pans out like it did last time, we should be finished in an hour and a half.

Edit: I found my tune!!! Woohoo!! Thank you, Sean, for inspiring me to ditch my current Miata setup! :) I love your tune, however, and will keep it as a close 2nd.

Snubbers

I wasnt convinced they wheren't being a little silly, like holding the speedwheel with arms outstretched, when you can sit arms dangling by your knees on the edge of the couch for hours with little issues, but the end score seemed how I'd generally rate it, the kids use it a lot and its more realistic then a controller when I'm not on the full rig.

Kinect headtracking was as expected, I tried it for 10 mins, I preferred leaning to turnimg my head, but like the other game and Move, headtracking is way overrated to me.. I'd have given it a 2...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
must resist purchase...

408449_320613641294883_185465731476342_1091191_254089187_n.jpg

408449_320613637961550_185465731476342_1091190_2841039_n.jpg

408449_320613644628216_185465731476342_1091192_1300188270_n.jpg

Can't wait to start painting that car :) I hope T10 will be giving away some early codes this time as well, cause this Pagani along with Lamborghini and few other cars deserve to have some paints ready on the release day :)

h3ro

Can't wait to start painting that car :) I hope T10 will be giving away some early codes this time as well, cause this Pagani along with Lamborghini and few other cars deserve to have some paints ready on the release day :)

Agreed! Where you been Jube!
Looking forward to the paints, HD.

The new Pagani really looks better in darker hues. The debut Champagne color was definitely the wrong choice. Can't say it looks better than the Zonda, but it's still a gorgeous looking beast.

Those active aero bits look tasty. <3

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
is this going to turn into a code begging thread?

if so, i'd like one

SarBear

I'm a bit hesitant to ask him for a code or two for our forum members for a contest of sorts.....we'll see how thick my ball skin is.

Seanspeed

Banned
Yes! It only adds about 15 minutes or so. If everything pans out like it did last time, we should be finished in an hour and a half.

Ugh, you're killing me. I normally wouldn't care, but its New Year's Day! I was hoping it'd be optional.

You dont want to turn damage off, then? If its a race that matters, I dont want it just being a lottery.

Ok, enough whining. Here's my cars:

avntQ.jpg

Ivyt0.jpg

SarBear

Ugh, you're killing me. I normally wouldn't care, but its New Year's Day! I was hoping it'd be optional.

You dont want to turn damage off, then? If its a race that matters, I dont want it just being a lottery.

Ok, enough whining. Here's my cars:

avntQ.jpg

Your Zonda. It's pretty. I have something cooking in the kitchen, however....*evil laugh*

If I had a DLC code for the January Jalopnik pack, I'd make it a bonus and we'd be doing 25 laps. ;)

Jube3

The new Pagani really looks better in darker hues. The debut Champagne color was definitely the wrong choice. Can't say it looks better than the Zonda, but it's still a gorgeous looking beast.

You rang? :)

G Rom

I don't really like the red, it doesn't feel Pagani IMO.
What I want the most is to hear the sound of the Huyara. The trailer made it sound pretty good for a twin turbo car but I still secretly hope for an engine swap, to get some real engine sound when we feel the need. :)

What I want the most is to hear the sound of the Huyara. The trailer made it sound pretty good for a twin turbo car but I still secretly hope for an engine swap, to get some real engine sound when we feel the need. :)

Amusingly enough, the engine sounds echoing through the Alps in the beginning of the trailer sounded more like the Zonda, not the Huayra, which we all know does have that banshee wail.

The sound of the turbos spooling up is plenty exciting, though.

SarBear

I don't really like the red, it doesn't feel Pagani IMO.

Um....trust me, the sound of this car is unlike anything in the entire game. It...is....VISCERAL to say the very least! If you're on the fence about this DLC, do yourself a favor and PLEASE purchase this one. Crank the volume up, head to the Alps, hit the tunnel, and prepare to soil yourself.

6604171053_69bff2df81_z.jpg

6604170647_da4396c383_z.jpg

BigShot:
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=7f6xj354qxaexna&thumb=6

Seanspeed

Banned
The car doesn't seem very photogenic. Even in car mags, its hard to find a good angle that really shows off the beauty. It looks much better in-person. The interior and engine detailing are insane. Couple pics I took at the Goodwood Festival of Speed this year:

TBX9Z.jpg

XJ1qe.jpg

This car would have been awesome with Autovista.

Lovely shots, Seanspeed. Pagani's detailing and craftsmanship are simply in a different league from everyone else's. I want to have sex with that center console shift linkage.

One of the prospective US dealerships is near me in San Francisco. When deliveries start going through in a couple of years, I hope to see one in person as well.

h3ro

The Huayra not being in Autovista is a huge oversight and a mistake. Here is an upcoming, soon to be released supercar, that is replacing our beloved Zonda that could have been explored inside and out via Autovista. Felt the same way about the Aventador not being added on.

If it's not going to be available in Autovista, then WHAT WAS THE POINT OF PUTTING ALL THOSE RESOURCES INTO THE MODE!

Sorry T10, the casuals are long gone. Just us car guys left. I don't know about you guys, but I haven't touched Autovista since day 1 of receiving the game. Saw the Italia, heard Clarkson and I was ready to do my own racing.

What I really would have loved though, is to have been able to explore this car that I will admit, I don't know much about and hear Clarkson and the other random Brit give me some specs and opinions on it. Would have been great.

Oh, btw, I would try out the Gallardo GT3 car in Free Play before putting down the Million quid. Handles like a brick. I'll have to wait until the big time tuners get their hands on that thing. Looks so good! Also, it has a fantastic set of wheels on it stock, no need to change those badboys.

Time to save up some money so I can buy that Pagani now.

Edit: HD, that looks sick! Love the matte orange!

Seanspeed

Banned
This 2012 Civic Si.

What the fuck am I driving? This the same company?!
Is it a pig?

Just like Toyota, Honda are in desperate need of a sporty car again. I realize the demands on emissions make it a difficult business proposition, but the brand image matters a lot.

The car doesn't seem very photogenic. Even in car mags, its hard to find a good angle that really shows off the beauty. It looks much better in-person. The interior and engine detailing are insane. Couple pics I took at the Goodwood Festival of Speed this year:

http://i.imgur.com/TBX9Z.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/XJ1qe.jpg

This car would have been awesome with Autovista.
Great pics!. Goodwood, that's a trip I'd like to make at some point.

The Huayra is serious kit. I see an Aventador peeking through too.

Seanspeed

Banned
Great pics!. Goodwood, that's a trip I'd like to make at some point.

The Huayra is serious kit. I see an Aventador peeking through too.

If you like cars, its a fantastic event.

If you like motorsports too, then its a freakin wet dream. I've been 3 times and each year is better the more I learn I about everything, especially the older cars. There's also craploads of drivers just walking around. I actually bumped into somebody just walking along, turned around to say sorry and it was Dario Franchitti!

Yea, thats an Aventador right next to it. On the other side of the Pagani was a Bugatti Veyron Supersport, too. The Pagani seemed to get most of the attention of the three.

I know I joke about it, but I really can't wait to mess with the Dodge Omni. It is still one of the best hot hatches that we have had in America and at the time it was just brilliant. And I am really hoping that we can drop the SRT4 motor in it. This pack has some nice cars and now that I have a capture card, I am going to take advantage.

What do you guys want to see? Flybys with the Pagani? Drifting with the Impala? Acceleration runs with the Omni? The Lambo screaming thru a tunnel? Let me know and I will try to get you guys the videos. In case you hadn't noticed, I am really enjoying this capture card.

Top Bottom