• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Gowans007 said:
Man should get home in 30. Looking forward to picking up the BMW n season pass when I get back.

Looks like we are gona have drama with the GAF club, 66/100 people logged interest already.

still a ways to go to 100 and we can drop inactive people. also, we should do a run through to make sure no lurkers are on that list, since its open to anyone. sorry lurkers

I'm trying to keep a tab on active contributors who haven't signed up. If it gets down to brass tacks, I'm signing them all up. They can remove themselves if they don't want to be in it.

op_ivy said:
still a ways to go to 100 and we can drop inactive people. also, we should do a run through to make sure no lurkers are on that list, since its open to anyone. sorry lurkers

Or people without Live Gold maybe. You really can't do much with the club if you don't have Gold.

watership

Big Takeover said:
I'm trying to keep a tab on active contributors who haven't signed up. If it gets down to brass tacks, I'm signing them all up. They can remove themselves if they don't want to be in it.

FIll it out on the GAF Legends tab I just created in the doc. :)

op_ivy

Shortt Sirket said:
Or people without Live Gold maybe. You really can't do much with the club if you don't have Gold.

lol, dont even think you can be in the club.

Maddness

DasRaven said:
Well, there is a hard limit to club members at 100, so I think that's a given.
I'll go ahead and sign up today before the actual list hits capacity.

Fanatec CSR is $250, basic pedals are $30. That's well under $400 for a dual-platform wheel and workable pedals. Upgrade later to CSR pedals @ $150.

Very Nice! Will probably end up picking this up. Thanks!

op_ivy

i got something for hopeful member 101

fight-club-quotes-28.jpg

3894165_std.jpg

Gowans

Got home bought the season pass & the downloaded the free BMW & American Muscle Car Pack ;)

As for the club yeah we're prob gona need some GAF agreed rules when I gets close to filling and yeah I think the guard who put in the time in the last game should get priorty then a rule to allow people moving in.

pmj

I expect to spend a good number of hours on this game, but I figured I'd wait until I actually have it in my hands (it might take a couple of days, or even more) before signing up. I don't think it would be fair to hog a slot when I can't play.

As long as you'll remove the people who never play I suppose I'll get in eventually.

Arucardo

Can you share unicorn cars in the club? I wouldn't mind sharing mine. Only one I have is the Impreza S204 though (and ofc the pre-order RX7 but I'm sure plenty of gaffers have that), too bad I never managed to get the Camaro SS.

Gowans007 said:
Got home bought the season pass & the downloaded the free BMW & American Muscle Car Pack ;)

As for the club yeah we're prob gona need some GAF agreed rules when I gets close to filling and yeah I think the guard who put in the time in the last game should get priorty then a rule to allow people moving in.
I'm not going to sign people up like I said a few posts up. I'm just going to let you and Jube figure it out.

Gowans

I wonder how the car club handles the DLC too, guess they can go in the garage but you can't race unless you have it?

I'll stick one in to test later.

Arucardo said:
Can you share unicorn cars in the club? I wouldn't mind sharing mine. Only one I have is the Impreza S204 though (and ofc the pre-order RX7 but I'm sure plenty of gaffers have that), too bad I never managed to get the Camaro SS.

Someone has already shared all 3 Unicorns from F3, so you are covered.

If I am accepted, I am ready!
On a side note, I am 8 hours away from opening this baby up. I don't even know what I am going to do first.

What are you guys gonna do first? SP? MP?

Arucardo

Gowans007 said:

Sounds good, a picture of your Forza 3 profile showing how many hours (or days, heh) you put in it. That is if it reaches the 100 mark, but I'm sure it will at this rate.

Shortt Sirket said:
Someone has already shared all 3 Unicorns from F3, so you are covered.
Awesome, really want to take the Camaro for a spin ;) .

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Liquidsnake said:
If I am accepted, I am ready!
On a side note, I am 8 hours away from opening this baby up. I don't even know what I am going to do first.

What are you guys gonna do first? SP? MP?
First thing I will do is... Read impressions from Americans for three days. :p

DasRaven

Gowans007 said:

Proposal:
1. Custom Tags > Members > Juniors
2. Total gamescore in FM3
3. Total gamescore in FM2

Arucardo said:

I'll be sharing all three from FM3 and as many of the new ones as I can attain. This is goal #1 for me. I'll also be sharing a BMW 1M, 2011 STI, and CR-Z in all likelihood.

Gowans

For those asking looks like the free BMW has all the other cars in the American Muscle pack.

So same as Forza 3 where with each DLC a free car to allow the other cars to be seen online.

op_ivy said:
i got something for hopeful member 101

fight-club-quotes-28.jpg

3894165_std.jpg
Forza Gaf: I look around. I look around. I see a lot of new faces.

Gaf: [laughter]

Forza Gaf: Shut up! Which means a lot of you have been breakin' the first two rules of Car Club. Man, I see in Car Club the strongest and smartest men who have ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see it squandered. Goddammit, an entire generation playing Need for Speed, waiting for patches, slaves with EA accounts. Advertising has us chasing Porsche's and night races, playing games we hate so we can get a higher gamer score. We're the middle children of history, man; no purpose or place. We have no Great War, no Great Depression. Our Great War is a spiritual war of GT5 vs Forza 3/4. Our Great Depression is that thread. We've all been raised by television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and race car drivers. But we won't; and we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off at the lack of Spa.

Seanspeed

Banned
Maddness said:
I'd instantly jump on this if I had a wheel. Just can't play with a controller. I looked around for the MS wheel (I heard it was kinda shit) but apparently they don't make it anymore?

I saw the wireless U wheel, but after reading a couple reviews about lack of shoulder buttons, I don't think I want it. I like driving manual, so that'd be a problem for me.

Any suggestions on other wheels or where I could find one without spending 400 bucks?
Use X and B for shifting and you shouldn't have any problems with the wireless U-wheel.

Gowans

Right let's get the rules sorted today then for the club and I'll sort the spreadsheet out with who's in, who's getting in and who's next on the list if people are dropped etc.

I'll leave it to you guys to sort then when it fills we'll bring the rules into play.

Maybe some other tabs in that list to, cars in the garege... Promotions/religations, a tournament for the last 10 places etc...

Gowans

Gynoug79 said:
is the headtracking any good ? Does it work in a not so well lit room ?
Yeah it works in the dark, very subtile for how i play but adds a great bit of realism to the cockpit cams motion.

I love the menu hyperlinking to.

op_ivy

Gowans007 said:
Yeah it works in the dark, very subtile for how i play but adds a great bit of realism to the cockpit cams motion.

I love the menu hyperlinking to.

how far away do you sit?

Maddness said:
I'd instantly jump on this if I had a wheel. Just can't play with a controller. I looked around for the MS wheel (I heard it was kinda shit) but apparently they don't make it anymore?

I saw the wireless U wheel, but after reading a couple reviews about lack of shoulder buttons, I don't think I want it. I like driving manual, so that'd be a problem for me.

Any suggestions on other wheels or where I could find one without spending 400 bucks?
The Speed Wheel uses up and down on the d-pad for gears. Works great. Clutch is X, look back is Y. I'm not even sure what's missing with no bumpers actually.

Gynoug79 said:
is the headtracking any good ? Does it work in a not so well lit room ?

I have been using it on and off. It works really well if you spend the time tweaking it, but it can be slightly disorienting at first.

That's me out if it's Members over Juniors then, huh.

Guys, there will be a lot of people signing up initially. Don't make the rules too strict or people will just be put off.

Either way, I'm just joining it to get a race with a load of Gaffers and share the livery love from Jube/Modus.

legbone

well, amazon has charged me for my lce. if only i can grind from level 33 to level 40 by tomorrow in f3. i really want that racing aston martin for being level 40 when importing. if i didn't have to work both days i could pull it off easy. dumb job that pays all my bills and buys me games. why must i have you? oh wait...

Gowans

-MikePriester- said:

Guys, there will be a lot of people signing up initially. Don't make the rules too strict or people will just be put off.

Either way, I'm just joining it to get a race with a load of Gaffers and share the livery love from Jube/Modus.
Yeah I think the key is to have it as open as possible for everyone.

As long as OG Forza GAF are taken car off I think there can e some fun stuff done to make getting into the club interesting to all.

Something like a time attack for 10 slots open to all could be fun.

-MikePriester- said:

The game is what's limiting it to 100 people. Everybody would get in otherwise. Worst case scenario is a GAF Club #2 for month, and then a merge. Don't worry, we'll make sure everyone gets included somehow.

DasRaven said:
Proposal:
What if the juniors or people who didn't play Forza 2/3 much make a club? Obviously I'm new here and I don't want to take up precious space from the hardcore people, but it would still be nice to be part of a GAF car club. Think of the little people!

DasRaven said:
Proposal:
4. Beard Length (in cm)

Fixed.

Bleh, can't waste the first post on a new page, so here are some of my favorite pics in the thread so far

These are not mine, just reposted

6218702583_a219308a61_b.jpg

3378.jpg

6220363337_24e07716b1_o.jpg

3643c1zk.jpg

6221563268_1c4bbb6a32_b.jpg

6221331223_a05a336728_b.jpg

4037kuqc.jpg

6224593547_b2ac802161_b.jpg

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
DasRaven said:
Proposal:
1. Custom Tags = Crazy Ass Franchise Fans >Long Time Members > Members > Juniors
lol

flyinpiranha said:
Fixed.

Bleh, can't waste the first post on a new page, so here are some of my favorite pics in the thread so far.

6230701501_59f68b2b4d_b.jpg

6231066349_29fc12431e_b.jpg

6230941351_5cdbe9c9d9_b.jpg

6221760842_10484b3fb5_b.jpg

6221331863_821469709b_b.jpg

6221331011_2f729e9892_b.jpg

6224632791_9d845a082b_b.jpg

6224632961_fe1f3a43c6_b.jpg

Not mine

6230057941_1b48dccf62_b.jpg

6230057877_eeb098a9e1_b.jpg

6230057911_b4ae08a0ca_b.jpg

P0GbQ.jpg

Saying that, it is a Gaf club afterall, so Members should come above Juniors. Hmm.

No non-gold members should be in the club and no 'lurkers' (i.e. should have at least one post in this thread at least) seems the most sensible way to go about it.

Slayer-33 said:

Looks like I'm alright then :) CAFF

-MikePriester- said:
Saying that, it is a Gaf club afterall, so Members should come above Juniors. Hmm.

No non-gold members should be in the club and no 'lurkers' (i.e. should have at least one post in this thread at least) seems the most sensible way to go about it.
And then we make a roster #2 for all the people who don't get in. Such as junior members/noobies. Problem solved.

Top Bottom