• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

gragy10

Kinda gruelling but a shit load of fun :)
Had hideous lag and fuck all voice chat so apologies to anyone i bounced off: had a couple of people morph in front of me on nurburg with predictable results

Kinda gruelling but a shit load of fun :)
Had hideous lag and fuck all voice chat so apologies to anyone i bounced off: had a couple of people morph in front of me on nurburg with predictable results

It was crazy, we were all afraid to get near you because you would randomly teleport into someone and torpedo them off the track. It is all good man, it happens.

Where are you playing from and what kind of internet do you have?

The Stig

granholme was scary in the 1st race.

edit - only real way to follow gronholme in that race was by watching how many meters the game thinks he is ahead or behind.

SarBear

For the life of me I could not stay consistent in today's races. Dunno what the issue was. Really, REALLY sorry to Slayer33 for obliterating him in the first race. I swear I didnt think I was that close to him.

To Slayer33: welcome to GAF! LoL

Almost spun out about four times on Nordschleife, too. Was just not my normal consistency today. :(

gragy10

It was crazy, we were all afraid to get near you because you would randomly teleport into someone and torpedo them off the track. It is all good man, it happens.

Where are you playing from and what kind of internet do you have?

Ha! That'd explain a lot - I'm in the UK (London) but moved into a new place about 6 hours before today's races.
Haven't had a chance to check out router etc yet but guessing it's worse than my last place - can hopefully get it sorted by next w'end

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
For the life of me I could not stay consistent in today's races. Dunno what the issue was. Really, REALLY sorry to Slayer33 for obliterating him in the first race. I swear I didnt think I was that close to him.

To Slayer33: welcome to GAF! LoL

Almost spun out about four times on Nordschleife, too. Was just not my normal consistency today. :(

I was trying to get out of the way, I slowed down too much in that turn for you since I knew you were going to lap me. It was partly my fault too lol...

Don't worry about it bro, I just need practice over the week to keep up with you guys. Thankfully I'll have time to play FM4 now since I sorted out IRL stuff...

Muerte_X

Man, I think I hit Murder X, or Grassy, one of them. Too funny.
It was me, Haha. The car was horrible handling after I wrecked it once, even after the pit, I think I was riding the wall after not bring able to take a turn at nowhere normal speed when you found me.

The ring race was pretty crazy at first. I nailed someone after coming up over a small hill, I'm really sorry, I didn't expect anyone to be going that slow through there. :/ I know I hit Short as well, he brake da little early and i wasn't ready for it. I was gonna give you your place back, but it didn't look good. I hadn't drove on the ring much and was used to following people (ghosts) much faster than me.

Grassy

Man, I think I hit Murder X, or Grassy, one of them. Too funny.

All I remember from Indy was I was coming around past the pit exit and two cars were almost stationary right in the racing line and I couldn't avoid it and BAM, I think it was Muerte who was sent flying into the sky!

We had a good fight on Catalunya though for 5th/6th for about 9 laps with a bit of back and forth and only minimal contact a few times, good racing.

Also, from the Nurburgring race:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFo6hSYNY3w

Great start but that video shows almost the entire time I was leading in that race, lol. I love the sound of that car.

The Stig

All I remember from Indy was I was coming around past the pit exit and two cars were almost stationary right in the racing line and I couldn't avoid it and BAM, I think it was Muerte who was sent flying into the sky!

We had a good fight on Catalunya though for 5th/6th for about 9 laps with a bit of back and forth and only minimal contact a few times, good racing.

Great start but that video shows almost the entire time I was leading in that race, lol. I love the sound of that car.

was about to tell you you got the date wrong, then remembered you are in aus.

Xun

Once I've given a bit more love to Forza 3 I'll most likely get this.

It was always a game I was going to get, but I didn't play F3 as much as I should've.

Seanspeed

Banned
Once I've given a bit more love to Forza 3 I'll most likely get this.

It was always a game I was going to get, but I didn't play F3 as much as I should've.

You should just get Forza 4 now. It makes 3 completely obsolete.

Anyways, sorry for not showing up to the races today. I had actually prepared more for these races than any other weekend, but the past 24 hours have been pretty wild.

Raudi

Here's an update on my Gallardo - should be ready in my Storefront on Tuesday morning for those who purchase the January DLC pack!

Only two more decals to make!

6616344285_0e6f4966e1_b.jpg

Muerte_X

Yeah, I tried to pass once, but your car was fast enough through the corners to negate my acceleration advantage. I think if I was more consistent it would've been closer. I get close and then start to make mistakes. Especially when you would, lol. Instead of catching up I'd take a bad turn and lose my chance to make up some ground.

Still it was nice to have some close racing. I'm not consistent enough to keep up with the top guys (or nearly as fast with laps this time around, damn!) but I'm usually a good bit quicker than the guys in the back of the pack. So I usually end up by myself after a few laps.

I thought the 'Ring would've been a little less eventful, but I usually had someone near me. It didn't seem that long to me either. The NASCAR race was chaos. I managed to make it through one gauntlet of broken cars trying to take me out, but it was just a matter of time. There were some glorious accidents in that race, haha.

Iknos

My rides for tomorrow. I suck at setting up pics. Really washed out. I'll have to keep at it. Sooner or later I'll get better, or maybe Forza 5 will have a auto-awesome setting for photos.
stockcarpicktikhk.jpg

f50racerexkci.jpg
Have you considered calibratIng your TV? My racing game pics used to have the same issue until someone pointed it out to me.

On another note I've been working a lot to hit a January deadline. Even lent out my clubsport pedals this entire holiday season. Got them back today and will be ready to race in a couple weeks.

Been lurking this whole time and I have to hand it to you guys for the weekly races looks like fun and I hope to join you all soon.

SarBear

I don't know who it was that I hit, but I surely tagged that F50 in the warmup race. I was disappointed i didn't do more to the car, however. -_______-

Just got done uploading the complete clusterfuck of a race that was the NurbGT warm up. I tried to change between the interesting parts of the race.

http://youtu.be/68Sfd8fdB0A?hd=1

Any suggestions for how to do the Indy race? There was so much going on, I am not sure how to capture it all.

If someone decided to run an experiment and put a bunch 8-year-old kids into a fleet of superscars and then set them off on a race track-- the result probably wouldn't look too dissimilar from that first corner. Mayhem!

EDIT: Short Sirkett, does the audio option in the game that controls the balance of engines and tires also affect the replays? If the tires could be toned down in comparison to the engine sounds it would probably be an improvement. Video quality looks great.

If someone decided to run an experiment and put a bunch 8-year-old kids into a fleet of superscars and then set them off on a race track-- the result probably wouldn't look too dissimilar from that first corner. Mayhem!

EDIT: Short Sirkett, does the audio option in the game that controls the balance of engines and tires also affect the replays? If the tires could be toned down in comparison to the engine sounds it would probably be an improvement. Video quality looks great.

Yea, I am assuming it takes my settings and uses those for the audio. I will check them and turn down the tires for the next races I upload.

Only suggestion for the Indy race that popped to mind is maybe every so often revisit whoever ended up on his side for most of the race. Show a few helpless seconds and move on.

zorbsie

Just got done uploading the complete clusterfuck of a race that was the NurbGT warm up. I tried to change between the interesting parts of the race.

Any suggestions for how to do the Indy race? There was so much going on, I am not sure how to capture it all.

It felt like I had more air time than that replay shows. :) Awesome stuff.
Funny how my car doesn't have it's livery in that replay. I guess it just didn't load.

Only suggestion for the Indy race that popped to mind is maybe every so often revisit whoever ended up on his side for most of the race. Show a few helpless seconds and move on.

They need to fix that. I shouldn't have to beg people to hit me because shortt sirket decides to put me in the wall ;)

SarBear

So M0dus sent me his newest GAF livery to take a few shots of. Getting the lighting right on this thing is a bit of a challenge considering the colors involved, but I'm very thankful to be considered for it! So here's three shots to give you guys a good view of what's going on!

6617800583_dd3ddcb7fc_b.jpg

6617801633_a35e630ee9_b.jpg

6617801167_268a3d4d28_b.jpg

So M0dus was sent a message by a user requesting to be sent his now owed unicorn car. The user made note that he, like many others, hadn't been gifted his pre-order bonus and would like to be compensated as others have. Of course, this confused the very wise m0dus....but not long before a plan emerged. The big-hearted fellow reached into his bag of tricks and proceeded to give the man exactly what was coming to him. His very own "unicorn" vehicle.

6617805315_979564cda7_z.jpg

6617805399_59a333e691_z.jpg

ROFL!!

OK guys, Ford Pinto is done and it will be waiting for you on my storefront on Tuesday along with Lamborghini. I hope you like it guys, cause I like it a lot ;)

6618019645_845706e831_z.jpg

6618019655_82f6734a8b_z.jpg

6618019663_27ab4be5ba_z.jpg

6618019673_472904b687_z.jpg

nagge

Anyways, sorry for not showing up to the races today. I had actually prepared more for these races than any other weekend, but the past 24 hours have been pretty wild.

You were missed :/

And that unicorn livery looks great, I wouldn't mind one of those :)

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
That nurb gp warm up race needs to be the default warm up track lol.... I was in the gtr that started the shitfest by slamming into the first wall lol... That car just doesn't turn.. While not tuned at least it doesn't lol..

Sick liveries btw guys :D

Jube <3 you bro.

Raudi

OK guys, Ford Pinto is done and it will be waiting for you on my storefront on Tuesday along with Lamborghini. I hope you like it guys, cause I like it a lot ;)

6618019645_845706e831_z.jpg

I like what you have done with that Pinto HD!

Did not think it was possible to have a cool Pinto! I'll be visiting your SF on Tuesday!

Seanspeed

Banned

lol wow

So M0dus sent me his newest GAF livery to take a few shots of. Getting the lighting right on this thing is a bit of a challenge considering the colors involved, but I'm very thankful to be considered for it! So here's three shots to give you guys a good view of what's going on!

6617800583_dd3ddcb7fc_b.jpg

Damn! Is that available yet?

The Stig

oh my god that was funny!

only disappointment is that I "won" that warmup and I didnt even feature in the upload! Also, templat wizards car (behind me) had a strange tendency to just go up or down 10 feet (in the air or down underground) which was quite distracting in the rear mirror!

edit - its all me me me

G Rom

Damn, you livery guys never cease to amaze me with your skills. :eek:

Some photos while waiting for others featuring the DLC pack later today. :)

6620376311_f428e0d7f7_b.jpg

6620377223_c9aef1c61e_b.jpg

6620377489_cdaaf1d7b7_b.jpg

6620377741_9c4c53e498_b.jpg

6620377981_e9b3e52d07_b.jpg

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
ok, forget the photo thread, lol.

heres a shot while playing around the test area. had no idea how open that place is, i never bothered to check it out. will take more with the huarya latter :)

6620544177_1ae9e3a3e8_b.jpg

G Rom

The quality of the texture on the Lambo is crazy, even when at 100% on the Big Shot, it's still incredibly sharp.
6620581807_48635d3443_b.jpg

I have to admit that the Huayra sound is indeed top notch. (I'll still take the atmospheric engine of the Zonda Cinque any day though :p)
Also, this car proves to those saying that adding active aero wasn't a big deal how important it was to add it.
6620581009_53b60c074a_b.jpg

G Rom

6620819675_d2c6be0463_b.jpg

6621095391_cc6f4e672d_b.jpg

6621246623_a674a95e64_b.jpg

6621332855_4698dbbe56_b.jpg

I really like how they've started to add OEM parts. You can make the RS5 look like a true sleeper with the "normal" A5 bumpers. :D

I did some videos as well which will be posted either later today or tomorrow (CET). :)

Top Bottom