• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
a tease for now
6621457207_160af15613_b.jpg

dat sound :O

Based on a conversation Shortt Sirket and I had in the middle of the Green Hell race, about early '90s Touring Cars and Fox-bodied Mustangs being raced in DTM, here's an idea for
The G/A/F? Touring Car Series!

Elegible cars:
Start with:
- A '90-'93, 4-5 passenger car.

End with:
- No more than 450HP
- No more than 3000 lbs
- No less than 2100 lbs
- Roll cage
- PI of 600 or less.
- Livery

This makes the E30 M3, 190E, and Mustang all eligible, amongst some others.

Thoughts?

Just want to let you know guys that paints for Pinto and Gallardo are up in my storefront, so if someone has an early code can grab it now. Who knows, there might be more paints coming later tonight ;)

G Rom love the pictures mate, it looks like you have awesome photomode settings, could you share the settings? If so please send me a pm.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I know AutoVista is not for everyone, but I hope we see some DLC for it soon. Some of the cars from the recent packs would be awesome for AV like the Huayra. Maybe with the new Top Gear series starting we will see some sort of Top Gear DLC pack.

Based on a conversation Shortt Sirket and I had in the middle of the Green Hell race, about early '90s Touring Cars and Fox-bodied Mustangs being raced in DTM, here's an idea for

Elegible cars:
Start with:

End with:
- No more than 450HP
- No more than 3000 lbs
- No less than 2100 lbs
- Roll cage
- PI of 600 or less.
- Livery

Thoughts?

I love this idea, absolutely. We might be able to add it in to Season 2 of our races or whatever we decide to do soon. I really dig the idea though as those are some of my favorite cars to drive.

Seanspeed

Banned

Elegible cars:
Start with:

End with:
- No more than 450HP
- No more than 3000 lbs
- No less than 2100 lbs
- Roll cage
- PI of 600 or less.
- Livery

Thoughts?

If you're gonna do something like this, you'd really want to build a bunch of cars ahead of time to see how competitive the cars would be. Like here, I'm pretty sure the 190E would be the most competitive car by a good margin on most tracks. If half the fun of touring cars is diversity and competitiveness, you'd really want to take time to come up with a tested set of regulations. Or maybe even have cars pre-built to choose from that have been designed to be competitive with each other, regardless of what the PI says. You could actually have competitive FWD and AWD cars this way as well, despite the disadvantage the PI system applies to them in the game.

I am going to upload the livery to my storefront (all for free of course) tonight. I'm also gonna adapt it to the Jalopnik pack Zonda and throw it up there. I actually want to use it as an official livery for some closed spec races coming up, with some very special prizes (SarBear knows what I'm talkin about!)
Sounds good! :)

Raudi

My triple a Gallardo Design is finished and I'll upload it to my main Storefront as soon as the season pass DLC is active (Tuesday morning 1/3)

As usual I cut it pretty close - maxed out layers on top and sides

Thanks Jube!!!

6622770059_2309a34734_b.jpg

6622770507_f3886f455f_b.jpg

6623076591_2a74ceb7d2_b.jpg

G Rom

Just want to let you know guys that paints for Pinto and Gallardo are up in my storefront, so if someone has an early code can grab it now. Who knows, there might be more paints coming later tonight ;)

G Rom love the pictures mate, it looks like you have awesome photomode settings, could you share the settings? If so please send me a pm.
As for my settings, I don't think they really have anything special. Contrast and brightness are mostly useless, I bump colors a lot and compensate with sepia to tone down saturated colors. I use exposure (which doesn't behave like real exposure at all) to tone down bloom when needed or to show more details depending on the angle and place on track.
I believe FM4 has way less room for visual improvement compared to FM3 in photo mode, mainly due to the two almost useless sliders. It all comes down to knowing how to hide the graphical shortcomings of the game IMO (if you want realistic photos of course). For example in the RS5 pic I posted I did something I almost never do. I used both motion blur and lots of depth of field blur. This creates the weird painting-like road you see on the bottom of the photo. It's something that was already happening in FM3.

Speaking of stuff that was already in FM3, the game is starting to slow to a crawl each time I save a photo, looks like they didn't fix that bug (I've passed the 300 photos). :(

EDIT: final video posted: Jalopnik Pack DLC (RS5 Coupe, Alfa Montreal, Impala SS, Shelby Omni, Fiat Coupe, Ford Pinto, Civic Si Coupe)

SarBear

6459660015_790726c245.jpg

1/1/2012

Please double-check your standings! The replays crapped out after a certain time. -__-

Race 1 - Circuit de Cataluyna (C Miata)

1. Ox Nagge (hired cpu driver)
2. Dead Poul
3. Rotavelle
4. retroBrand
5. x Grassy x
6. Muerte X
7. Crude Diatribe
8. Granholme
9. Shortt Skirts
10. Zorbsie
11. British Meat
12. Templar Wizard
13. Soundscream13
14. Slayer33 (got Dead Poul'd)

Race 2 - Nurburgring Nordschleife (R2 Supercars)

1. Dead Poul (home course... and Game Genie (thanks Codemasters!))
2. Ox Nagge
3. Zorbsie
4. British Meat
5. Rotavelle
6. Granholme
7. Crude Diatribe
8. Muerte X
9. retroBrand
10. Shortt Skirts
11. x Grassy x (what a battle!)
12. Templar Wizard (fought to the finish)
13. Slayer33
14. Soundscream13

Race 3 - The Brickyard Speedway (R3 American Stock Cars)

1. Zorbsie
2 - 12: DNF (LOL!)

Sunday's Event Standing:

*drum roll*

Dead Poul (45)
Ox Nagge (45)
Rotavelle (27)
Zorbsie (22)
retroBrand (20)
Crude Diatribe (18)
Granholme (18)
British Meat (18)
Muerte X (17)
x Grassy x (16)
Shortt Skirts (13)
Templar Wizard (8)
Soundscream13 (5)
Slayer33 (5)

(waiting for Shortt to update the overall standings)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
you guys planning any time attacks - so that i can get on the board, lol?

seems to me, there should be one each week...

:)

G Rom

where do i go to get the jalopnik pack? More specifically the pagani
In the in-game marketplace tomorrow. The Pagani will most likely only be sold with the pack though.

I'm having a lot of fun with the Impala and the RS5 (RWD). I need to save money to buy the Huayra in the career though. :lol

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
I promise to stop that last place embarrassment by next week! Going to hit dat track and dem tunes!

Me and soundscream are tearing it up man.

nagge

The Pinto is the surprise of the pack for me, it's like a mean bull terrier running around in A-class, and the sound with the Focus-swap and some turbos is phenomenal.

If you're gonna do something like this, you'd really want to build a bunch of cars ahead of time to see how competitive the cars would be.

Yeah, already started doing that. I agree that pre-built might make the most sense. I think the Mustang will need more power to be competitive, but it might be my driving style.

A modified Ford Pinto at the Top Gear Mile:

http://youtu.be/3b1GYHL-Xj4?hd=1

Er, why is it floating from 00:09 to 00:19?

Yea, the damn replays cut out in the end of my fourth lap, so if any standings changed I need to know.

My replay cuts out too. I thought I had caught up and passed RetroBrand (though maybe it only happened once before three of us crashed). I remember for sure that Meurte X was on my tail and would have taken me had we made it to the final stretch (and he was very vocal about it at the time).

Yea, the damn replays cut out in the end of my fourth lap, so if any standings changed I need to know.

Is there a 30 minute limit on the saved replays perhaps? Maybe people could try to snap a photo with their camera phones or something at the end of long races when the results display, could help with confusion.

I think I wound up in 5th at Nurburgring by the end. But not a big deal since I just started and don't really have a horse in the season standings.

And that Omni sounds way better than I was expecting! Just great.

Yeah, already started doing that. I agree that pre-built might make the most sense. I think the Mustang will need more power to be competitive, but it might be my driving style.

Er, why is it floating from 00:09 to 00:19?

It is a weird glitch with the Top Gear Mile track.

And as for Time Trials, I will try to get an interesting one up this week.

My replay cuts out too. I thought I had caught up and passed RetroBrand (though maybe it only happened once before three of us crashed). I remember for sure that Meurte X was on my tail and would have taken me had we made it to the final stretch (and he was very vocal about it at the time).

Yeah, I think I finished ninth in the Nurburgring race.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wait.. you work for Taxigamer?

Dear god, thank you folk for providing the people with HD racing game footage amidst droughts of information. I remember there being some stretches leading up to PGR3 and 4 where there was no PR or anything coming out and random videos from Taxigamer would pop up and make my day :lol

G Rom

The Pinto is the surprise of the pack for me, it's like a mean bull terrier running around in A-class, and the sound with the Focus-swap and some turbos is phenomenal.
Don't be affraid to dream bigger my friend. I've just beaten an S Class AI field full of 599 GTO, 458, GT-R, MP4-12C, etc... with my Mustang powered AWD Pinto on Road America. :lol
The replay is so funny with the crazy shitbox among the supercars. :lol

Some stats of my crazy Pinto :
0-60 mph : 2.750s
0-100 mph : 5.484s
Top speed : 300.5 kph

Edit : Yes enzo_gt, I "work" for that site. Thanks for the comments. :)
Racing games are our favorite type of game so that's not really surprising that you know us for that since we have an overwhelming amount of videos of those. :D

SarBear

All right, I'll make those adjustments later this evening. Clusterfuck. Anything over 30 minutes and we'll need a snapshot of the end results.

I remember now that Granholme missed his pit on lap 4, so he went ahead and pitted on lap 5, which can account for some of the change up.

The Stig

I also missed mine and did it beginning of lap 5. I believe I was taken over by 4th place while pitting. My replay also cuts out at that point, btw

SarBear

2. Ox Nagge
3. Zorbsie
4. British Meat
5. Rotavelle
6. Granholme
7. Crude Diatribe
8. Muerte X
9. retroBrand
10. Shortt Skirts
13. Slayer33
14. Soundscream13

Sound right?

2. Ox Nagge
3. Zorbsie
4. British Meat
5. Rotavelle
6. Granholme
7. Crude Diatribe
8. Muerte X
9. retroBrand
10. Shortt Skirts
13. Slayer33
14. Soundscream13

Sound right?
Nah SON I WAS IN FIRST
gear the entire time

SarBear

As for my settings, I don't think they really have anything special. Contrast and brightness are mostly useless, I bump colors a lot and compensate with sepia to tone down saturated colors. I use exposure (which doesn't behave like real exposure at all) to tone down bloom when needed or to show more details depending on the angle and place on track.
I believe FM4 has way less room for visual improvement compared to FM3 in photo mode, mainly due to the two almost useless sliders. It all comes down to knowing how to hide the graphical shortcomings of the game IMO (if you want realistic photos of course). For example in the RS5 pic I posted I did something I almost never do. I used both motion blur and lots of depth of field blur. This creates the weird painting-like road you see on the bottom of the photo. It's something that was already happening in FM3.

Speaking of stuff that was already in FM3, the game is starting to slow to a crawl each time I save a photo, looks like they didn't fix that bug (I've passed the 300 photos). :(

EDIT: final video posted: Jalopnik Pack DLC (RS5 Coupe, Alfa Montreal, Impala SS, Shelby Omni, Fiat Coupe, Ford Pinto, Civic Si Coupe)

Holy shit! Thank you! You wouldn't believe the results this is giving me!

And here is a little something that just landed on my storefront. The only difference between this and the storefront version are rims, final version got black wheels cause it just looks better :)

Cheers, HD

6626071179_471999ef26_z.jpg

2 very interesting races on Sunday.
my 3 year old nerfed the power in my wheel, so i was on battery power, but the 30min sucked my battery power dry... on lap 1 of the MX race. so i had to change to the controller and then put in some laps!
so it was nice to come 3rd from the bottom.

the R2 race was a disaster, i chickened out of my 458 rocketship because i knew i would have a hard time with the pad, so i went for the default tune f50GT... which didnt go too well.
again i was last and again i was able to claw some places... well one.

DTM cars or international touring on some race tracks would be great. NOT SILVERSTONE aka bloomsville.

nagge

Let me know if you need another test driver :)

Don't be affraid to dream bigger my friend. I've just beaten an S Class AI field full of 599 GTO, 458, GT-R, MP4-12C, etc... with my Mustang powered AWD Pinto on Road America. :lol
The replay is so funny with the crazy shitbox among the supercars. :lol

Some stats of my crazy Pinto :
0-60 mph : 2.750s
0-100 mph : 5.484s
Top speed : 300.5 kph

I kept mine RWD and it's quite the handful keeping a straight line with it's short wheelbase, but it's oh so fun.

Here is the last paint for tonight guys, It's very simple but I really don't have more time, I gotta go get some sleep. The paint will be on the storefront probably till Wednesday (maybe Thursday) and I'll try to redo it a little, to give it more spark (not enough time now). It's not bad, it's just simple but there might be people that gonna like it :)

6626774675_2e96fa517f_z.jpg

6626774659_fd8a33391e_z.jpg

6626774685_8c198d922a_z.jpg

I kinda know what result it makes because yesterday I tried the tracks and settings you used in some of your photos. :p

Any chance you could help others out too GRom/SarBear?
I was having an ok time taking shots in FM3, but i cant seem to make this version suit my habits...

This is the best I could come up with so far...is it ok?
I can see what you mean with regards to the bloom on exposure and how little difference brightness and contrast settings make...
6627371259_9412f2c9ee_b.jpg

Top Bottom