• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

DasRaven

I recently bought the season pass. How do I download the January car pack without paying for it again?

Go to Marketplace on the first game screen, then car packs, choose the January pack, and it should show up as a free download when you try to purchase it if you have the Season pass.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
You were right!

getphoto1dr3q.jpg

I think I want to take a bite out of that car for some reason (bite it as in eat it) thanks for the pic.

Is there an ETA on new Rivals events now that the January pack is out?

The Huayra is amazing, albeit it can be a handful stock-- 738 ft-lbs of torque and sub-Street level tires don't always get along-- and I'm glad the engine note is faithful to the real car. The sound of this thing sucking in air will never get old. That gaping maw may be the result of cooling requirements and pedestrian crash safety standards, but no doubt serves equally important functions such as ingesting small children and other, lesser, supercars.

SarBear

6630492687_44df01bb1f_z.jpg

This Sunday, January 8th, GAF Weekend Racing League will be hosting another set of grinding, competitive racing events! Please join us at 2:30pm EST (do your conversions!) for wall-banging, predator and prey matches, completely unnecessary flips at the start of the race, running commentary ala Mean Jean style, and gratuitous fender benders from yours truly! This is our 5TH official outing, so please, continue to show your support for our league and gentlemen......RACE HARD!!

On Another Note...

Sadly, this will more than likely be my last race with the club for quite some time. I eluded to it before, but the time has come for me to take accountability for my actions and serve my time. When it began I was a wreck, but I've come to gripes with what has to be done and getting through it. I'd like to personally thank each and every one of you that has kept interest in this thread, raced, taken photos, produced stunning liveries, shared tune setups, helped another member, raced online with me and the league, never gave up because of a spinout, and just taken the time out of your day to talk to me. I've had a rough two months (Shortt and retro can attest), and this game, along with cherishing my time with my family, has really put things in perspective. I never considered how much this project would bloom into something substantial, let alone a fire-breathing monster with competition at every level......but I admit, I absolutely love it. Never have I poured so much energy into a game and drawn so many people that much deeper with my efforts. You guys have given me much more than what's on the surface of the league. Every moment I tally up a score, watch a replay, laugh at a crash, congratulate a heated rivalry, talk shit about my driving etiquette....this is what Forza is about.

Thank you guys.

And I will be back.

RULES:

• No glitched cars. Ever.
  • Minimum 10 players per event type for prizes.
  • Damage for main race types will be Cosmetic and Collisions will be on.
  • 1 Lap run around BEFORE event type on said course, strictly for stretching your legs.
  • GRID WILL BE RANDOM (there's no complaint box, so deal with it)
  • You don't HAVE to do all three events, but it's up to you to keep us informed of what you want to participate in.

Also...
2. – Race League racers should, whenever possible, race “clean”.
.....2.a. Car position relative to others on the track is not always clear. Mid-race .....discussion over xbox live should be used primarily to communicate position and .....passing intents by drivers to avoid collisions.
.....2.b. Attempts at passing should only be made when it is safe to do so.
.....2.c. If being passed, make attempts to avoid collisions whenever possible.
.....2.d. Careless passing that results in significant collisions will be identified post race .....with either time penalties incurred for the offending driver, or with that driver being .....disqualified for that event. Penalty specifics are open for discussion, and .....cases will be looked at via replay on a case by case basis by volunteer bystanders.
.....2.e. Non-significant collisions, or trading paint, is frowned upon, but usually will not .....result in specific penalties.
.....2.f. All drivers should drive cautiously and thoughtfully to avoid collisions. If minor .....collisions occur and it leads to a change in driver position, attempts may be made .....by the offender to allow the passed car back into its pre-collision position.
.....2.g. All racers should save a replay after each race in case review of infractions is .....necessary.
.....2.h. Cars should make all attempts to stay on the track at all time. "Shortcuts" are .....frowned upon and may result in time penalties or race disqualifications.

EVENT TYPES (3):

Bella Costiera Amalfitana - So lovely, isn't she? Although the short version of a course ROBBED from us die hards, GAF is going on a lovely trip to this narrow, scenic, sunny course. Take in the sights! Grab a daiquiri, a straw hat, festive button down shirt, and linen boxers as you go for.....probably the most painful race we have had yet. With absolutely NO room to pass, this one is going to be a SLOBBERKNOCKER!

Track
  • Rally di Positano (Full Circuit) - 17 Laps
Restrictions
  • 1994 1st Gen Mazda Miata
  • Class - C 425
  • Roll Cage Required (individual PI restrictions for non-compliance)
  • Must use GAF livery (will gift, just ask for it)
  • Must have visible race number

Evo VS STi: Which car kicks ass? - You've seen it often imitated in othergame, but let it be known; this is the end of the line for the war. Suit up and bust the door down against your rival turbocharged box car on one of the world's greatest tracks. Suzuka. Can't stand how snoody the Evo stands? Can't believe how the WRX has evolved? Let the hatred be known this Sunday.

Track
  • Suzuka (Full Circuit) - 12 Laps
Restrictions
  • Class - B 500
  • Drive Train - AWD
  • Cars limited to:

2004 Lancer Evo VIII MR
    2006 Lancer Evo IX MR
    2008 Lancer Evo X GSR
    2004 Impreza WRX STi
    2005 Impreza WRX STi
    2008 Impreza WRX STI
    2011 WRX STi

12-Cylinder Battle Royale - There is absolutely NOTHING on this planet quite like a finely tuned 12-cylinder vehicle. She purs for you, looks at you with deep love, catches your friends by surprise....and when you least expect it.......costs you 10 grand to repair. =/ In the meantime, let loose in one of these iconic testaments to pure speed against your rivals as we try to hang on for dear life across the cloudy skies of Mugello.

Track
  • Mugello Autodromo Internazionale (full circuit) - 11 Laps
Restrictions
  • Class - A 600
  • Cylinders - 12
  • Weight - 3300lbs+ (oops! lol)

PRIZES

We have a very special offer for our overall first place winner.

1st: Custom livery of choice designed by our very own M0dus (Thanks!!)
2nd: Unicorn of choice
3rd: Unicorn of choice

6th man/hardest flip(not intentional)/great rivalry: Unicorn of choice

Everyone, race hard! I look at EVERYTHING so everyone has a chance to win!

BONUS!:

Make a donation by auction today! :) We need your support!

Players (Miata Number):

Shortt Sirket (25)
Archer33 (1)
Zorbsie (31)
op_ivy
Big Takeover (77)
Sarbear (3)
Ox Nagge (33)
Seanspeed (21)
CrudeDiatribe (7)
Rotavelle (12)
retroBrand (17)
Soundscream (13)

Reserve:

Muerte X (8)
Granholme (27)
MJLord (93)
Templar Wizard (5)
GrassyX
The Japanator
P3Tran
The Stig (00)
cjelly (28)
LiquidSnake
flyinpiranha
Guest 1321 (18)
G Rom (34)
Benjamin Birdie
Sneaky77
Mr Nightman (88)
Union 0015 (15)

Current standings always available here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ancn9aXDWX-ldGt1eThhdEhMWFEtc2hXY0RDQlJwTnc#gid=0

You're in reserve until you confirm. :)
If you need an invite, please let us know.
If you have a pitiful number of posts, you will be put on reserve until day before racing begins.
If I get a ton of players that actually promise to show up (25 or more)...two rooms/random drawing

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
There it is.

On Another Note...

Sadly, this will more than likely be my last race with the club for quite some time. I eluded to it before, but the time has come for me to take accountability for my actions and serve my time. When it began I was a wreck, but I've come to gripes with what has to be done and getting through it. I'd like to personally thank each and every one of you that has kept interest in this thread, raced, taken photos, produced stunning liveries, shared tune setups, helped another member, raced online with me and the league, never gave up because of a spinout, and just taken the time out of your day to talk to me. I've had a rough two months (Shortt and retro can attest), and this game, along with cherishing my time with my family, has really put things in perspective. I never considered how much this project would bloom into something substantial, let alone a fire-breathing monster with competition at every level......but I admit, I absolutely love it. Never have I poured so much energy into a game and drawn so many people that much deeper with my efforts. You guys have given me much more than what's on the surface of the league. Every moment I tally up a score, watch a replay, laugh at a crash, congratulate a heated rivalry, talk shit about my driving etiquette....this is what Forza is about.

Thank you guys.

And I will be back.

noooooooo...

I'm in btw :(

Is there an ETA on new Rivals events now that the January pack is out?

The sound of this thing sucking in air will never get old. That gaping maw may be the result of cooling requirements and pedestrian crash safety standards, but no doubt serves equally important functions such as ingesting small children and other, lesser, supercars.
Turn 10 tweeted that they're up now. Maybe they have to use the same servers we do, though.

You could have written the autovista for the new Pagani.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
SarBear, we'll keep your spot warm. stay strong and positive!

positano AND sti vs evo? shit, i will be there!

zorbsie

In for the weekend races!

I feel like I'm out of the loop on SarBear though. Sucks to hear you won't be around for awhile. Sounds like you're going to jail or having a kid. :) Anyway, I hope everything works out.

Can someone please gift me the GAF Miata livery (Union 360)? Saves you guys from having to look at my current livery. ;)

Now that the holidays are over I should be able to participate a bit more. I'd be interested in doing a stock series...I'm not the world's greatest tuner (not even a good one, at that). Would anyone else be interested in that kind of race?

op_ivy

Bella Costiera Amalfitana - So lovely, isn't she? Although the short version of a course ROBBED from us die hards, GAF is going on a lovely trip to this narrow, scenic, sunny course. Take in the sights! Grab a daiquiri, a straw hat, festive button down shirt, and linen boxers as you go for.....probably the most painful race we have had yet. With absolutely NO room to pass, this one is going to be a SLOBBERKNOCKER!

Track

• bullshit.

Seanspeed

Banned

Thank you guys.

And I will be back.
Yea, its been a hell of a lot of fun. I've done some league stuff before and it hasn't turned out half as good as this. We'll miss you and I know damn well I'll still be playing when you get back.

Wow, for real? Thats pretty incredible. Good man M0dus.

SarBear

ShariaBear's Guide to How to Take a Photo:

Let's dance....

All right, promised I would shed a few of my techniques about how to take a decent looking photo. Couple things I want to get out the way first:

1. Everyone has their own style.
  2. Not all angles work.
  3. Lighting is everything.
  4. If your color doesn't pop, photo failed.
  5. Watch your reflections.
  6. Some cars are just NOT photogenic.

1: Everyone has their own style: You need to decide what kind of photo you're going to take: Realistic, or Game. Some people take excellent photos that are realistic, and some people take excellent photos that remind you that it's a game. In my opinion, they're both equally as important. Myself, I started as taking sub-par "game" style photos, but I found my niche in taking realistic shots. You need to make this choice moving forward...BEFORE starting the photo process.

I'll be focusing on realistic photo shots and using older pictures to illustrate points moving forward.

2: Not all angles work: Just because it's a great looking vehicle doesn't mean it'll translate into a great picture from the rear driver's side tail light. Case in point:

6456831441_81c2e10f26.jpg

Garbage. Yes, it dominated the field....and it IS one of the best cars ever crafted....but that shot is completely garbage. Finding the angle to photo you car from is completely relevant to the course you choose. In my experience, if you want an awkward angle, make sure the course/car compliment that angle to make it a great shot....and not just an upside down photo. >_< I try to incorporate SOME part of the course into the shot and not simply relying on the car itself to make the picture. That's a problem I struggled with at first. Here's an awkward angle that WORKS with the background and the car itself.

6630810181_ba8c86d84e_z.jpg

3: Lighting is everything: This is the absolute most important part of my photo capturing. Bad lighting can kill a perfect angle. Thanks to the bloom in this game, finding the right lighting can be a real hassle. Some courses are just NOT playing fair in terms of lighting. The ground glows, the signs glow, metal pieces glow, and sometimes the reflective housing in the headlamps glow. It all leads to an unbelievable picture. So, this is where careful color selection comes into play. Take time selecting the right color for the vehicle. Your favorite color may not work well with the time of day on a track. In my experience, reds don't translate well on daytime tracks. Just like blacks come out flat on tracks with a sunrise.

Lighting works in conjunction with angle, car color, and reflections. All of it has to come together to get that realistic feel. It's trial and error, unfortunately, until you just *click* with what colors work on each course setting. Like, I'd never use a white car on Silverstone. The ground glows too much, there's too much bloom, and the shading I'm going to need to make it realistic is going to be offset by the color of the ground. It'll ultimately look flat.

You'll know when you find the right angle for lighting....because the car will have little to no sunspots, will reflect crystal clear, bloom will be at a minimum, and you'll have plenty of room to play with color temperature, exposure, vignette, and sepia.

6630911397_e421d72f02_z.jpg

4: If your color doesn't pop, photo failed: I mean, no other way to put it. Your color needs to be spot on. It needs to instill the flavor of what the car is. Whether it's a slightly flat paint job because of the intense heat, or showroom clarity...the color needs to bleed out in just the right way. Again, this is completely dependent of what setting you choose to have the car race in (the track), the angle, and the time of day. No one wants to see a highly reflective paint job on Nurbugring GP. Just like no one wants to see a dull, lifeless paint job coming out of the warehouse on Benchmark.

This is the too glossy (amongst the other 100 or so problems) for the track:

6456831015_738ee41d02_z.jpg

This is much more believable:

6617801167_268a3d4d28_z.jpg

5: Watch your reflections! - So, yea, reflections. We all drool over them. They make the car look showroom new and our pants slightly tighter. So you've got your lighting, you've picked out the right track, selected the color that works, found your angle....and it's REALLY reflective. Ok, that's all good, but sometimes these reflections work against us as well if we're not paying attention to what's been reflected. These reflections should look natural...and not just a bunch of blurred out shapes.

6480514909_74826bc91b_z.jpg

Notice the mid line of the BMW. It's trying to reflect something.....but in the end it just looks fugly. Yes, these are still all my photos that I'm talking crap about. It may take some fine tuning of lowering the shot....or raising the shot so the sun reflects the course/object correctly, but in the end you're left with something more eye appealing such as this:

6482684609_509fb73f77_z.jpg

Notice the course beautifully reflected in the mid line of the ZR1. This is the desired effect of reflections on the vehicle itself....if the shot calls for it. Not all shots will be dependent on highly reflective surfaces. Especially older cars. The paint was just different back then.

6. Some cars are just NOT photogenic: hate to admit it, but that Lamborghini Countach is just NOT a beautiful car.....from ANY angle. Sure, it's subjective, but some cars are going to need some real picky angles, lighting, and course selection to become realistic. Because even in real life, the car is a fucking design nightmare. Therefore, rather than become frustrated and spend nearly two hours on a single bigshot that captures the car correctly, it might be best to accept the reality of the situation and move on to a different project.

7. Sliders: Of course, even if you have your angle, your working car color, your course, your time of day, your reflective surfaces, etc....it all comes down to your slider settings. First and foremost.....please make sure your television and computer monitor are properly calibrated. Otherwise you'll be altering your bigshots shot by shot to match from TV to monitor. A real hassle.

Meat and Potatoes:

• Contrast - above average contrast. This let's me adjust the shading a touch, though generally worthless. I usually toggle from 65 down to 58 depending on the shot.
  • Exposure - Course dependent, but I toggle from 80 all the way down to 50 depending on the light source. I jack it up to 100, then slide down slowly until I have glass like clarity on the car and no overly bloomed bits of the shot.
  • Color - works in conjunction with Sepia. Consider it a see-saw effect. Again, jacking color up to around 75-85 works best, then slowly applying our orange filter(Sepia) until intensity is toned down and realistic car/background color is achieved.
  • Sepia - works in conjunction with Color. Have to be careful because this shit can easily tarnish an entire work of art. :/ But, it will help to make a realistic color temperature. I usually dibble anywhere from 25-35.
  • Vignette - Style is completely up to you...i use the third option (the one that if too dark creates a white line through the middle of the picture). This helps tone down the intensity of the exposure and nets a more natural lighting effect. I don't add too much. Around 10-25.
  • Brightness - I use this to add shading to the car as well. Too dark and the colors are too saturated. Too bright and it looks like you took white crayon to the entire picture. I usually stop darkening it right before the undercarriage turns completely black because i have a small color difference from my tv to my monitor. -__- Somewhere around 40-60.

Other options (Aperature, Focus, Shutter Speed) I haven't played around with much, so that's completely up to you. But, I've netted great results so far with these settings and knowledge. Of course, it always helps to have other forum members to get inspiration/advice from. Such as rocksteady, G Rom, Op Ivy, Jube, etc. These guys are pros and you can learn a lot of little things that will take your photos from D-class....to S-class.

6631186139_0ef33eb40b_z.jpg
6625417561_5642d88e08_z.jpg

I'm no pro myself, but I'm very satisfied with my growth and shot selection. Hopefully this has helped at least ONE of you, and if there's any questions please ask!

Seanspeed

Banned
Nice write up.

Shutter speed is very useful if you want to create a 'sense of speed' photograph.

PDdX2.jpg

And focus is useful if you want to kind of 'downplay' the main object of focus by actually having the focus on something else in the fore or background. Its an artsy thing, but it can be cool sometimes.

Uslhn.jpg

I'd have used some Forza examples, but I cant get on for a little bit still.

G Rom

Very good guide, SarBear, you certainly learnt a lot these past weeks and it shows in your photos.
Thanks for the mention BTW. :)

My two cents :
- some car models are just terrible
- some cars have terrible looking lights which can ruin photos (old BMWs' headlights for example)
- watch out for the watermark. Turn 10 still don't understand that the watermark should be at the top of the photo, smaller and not red. Anyways, personnaly I make sure the watermark doesn't cut through the car
- as I said earlier, don't mix lots of depth of field with motion blur
- avoid bad looking environment object or hide them if you can. Cones stand out, some trees look terrible even motion blured (on Mapple Valley mostly), Sebring has trucks coming straight out of GTA III on the side, etc...
- 2D background sure are beautiful in-game, when zoomed in not so much. Again blurs are your friends
- I avoid making photos of cars with braking lights on, they just ruin most of the photos because of how unrealistic they look with their saturated red

Those are some tricks I can think off the top of my head and that I learnt in FM3 but still apply in FM4.

that e39 m5 deserves so much more

Such an amazing car. I am constantly tempted to trade in my E36 M3/4 toward one. The problem is that they are damn near impossible to find here in the Midwest. At least, any that are clean and well taken care of. I bought my M3 down in Florida and got a 1 inch thick binder of all the service records and such with the car.

Very good guide, SarBear, you certainly learnt a lot these past weeks and it shows in your photos.
Thanks for the mention BTW. :)

My two cents :
- some car models are just terrible
Almost anything from F1/2 looks pretty bad. I love the F40 but the model is pretty bad :(
- watch out for the watermark. Turn 10 still don't understand that the watermark should be at the top of the photo, smaller and not red. Anyways, personnaly I make sure the watermark doesn't cut through the car
This has caught me up more times than I care to admit. Luckily taking Big Shots and then downsampling them makes the logo pretty small
- I avoid making photos of cars with braking lights on, they just ruin most of the photos because of how unrealistic they look with their saturated red
Blah, no kidding. I think F4 is better, but it is still fairly bad.

Those are some tricks I can think off the top of my head and that I learnt in FM3 but still apply in FM4.

op_ivy

stoked for positano, good choice!

went back and did some racing already with my old miata. i'm not a tuner, not by a long shot, and originally spent quite a bit of time with the fm4 tuning calculator to obtain results that, at best, were marginally better then the default tuning set up.

i just found a random tune on the marketplace and almost immediately set a time roughly 2 seconds faster! that is a CRAZY improvement for a short track like positano.

op_ivy

only thing i'd add to the photo comments are to make sure what you see on your tv matches what it looks like when saved through fm.net. a lot of times pople have wacky tv settings that dont translate to the screenshots that take. i've made photo booboos in real life by editing pictures on my pc using photoshopm, only to obtain pretty drastic differences in the printed picture - due to a shitty monitor.

also, dont be afraid to experiment with wacky exposure/contrast/color/etc settings to get different effects. not everything has to look "realistic"!

4692026469_7d29953458.jpg

(best example i could find on my flickr... from fm3)

only thing i'd add to the photo comments are to make sure what you see on your tv matches what it looks like when saved through fm.net. a lot of times pople have wacky tv settings that dont translate to the screenshots that take. i've made photo booboos in real life by editing pictures on my pc using photoshopm, only to obtain pretty drastic differences in the printed picture - due to a shitty monitor.

also, dont be afraid to experiment with wacky exposure/contrast/color/etc settings to get different effects. not everything has to look "realistic"!

I did something similar with the picture that I used to win the Hyundai Photo Contest back in Forza 3. Hoooboy, were people NOT happy with that!

SarBear

Very true. I eluded to this, but it never hurts to reiterate it. I only take realistic photos, but I encourage people to experiment with their own style.

PHOTO GUIDE

Thanks so much SarBear.

The slider setting guide seems to somewhat follow my habits already. And I have noticed that some cars are just shit compared to some of the newer ones.

I like the 'compsure' guide, this is all very much appreciated.

All the best for whatever it is that you must "serve time" on...
(obviously I'm greatly removed from the background story and your personal situation - but I can tell it must be something not very positive).

SarBear

How's this one?
First proper bigshot - also managed to setup my dropbox.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55596590/Forza%20Motorsport%204/ForzaBigshot.bmp
ForzaBigshot%20-%20Resize.bmp

amidoingitrite.jpg(???)

That's not bad at all.

I wouldn't saturate the color that deep next time (add a few points of Sepia). Looks REALLY red. The lighting setup isn't bad, the darker red works on that car, and the actual picture says you're moving forward. Keep at it. =)

Edit: actually, just upping your exposure may solve all that. The rocks in the back need to GO, however. Move the camera to the right side of the car.

Edit2: What Seanspeed said, and a LOL!

Seanspeed

Banned
How's this one?
First proper bigshot - also managed to setup my dropbox.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55596590/Forza%20Motorsport%204/ForzaBigshot.bmp
ForzaBigshot%20-%20Resize.bmp

amidoingitrite.jpg(???)

Issues I'd have with that shot:

- The wheels look awful. Really awful.
- The radiator is way too noticeable. You dont normally see that much of it in real-life.
- The reflections on the left side look very low-res in some spots.
- The rocky areas in the background also look very low-res, particularly when contrasted with the brick fencing in front of it.

I'm being harsh as hell, but you're violating Grom's biggest rule, which is to hide away all the graphical problems that Forza 4 has. Its not your fault. The game just looks bad in many areas, and the inconsistency of the quality between things in one photograph really take away from the believability of it all.

Things you did right, though:

- Its a fantastic shot of the driver and interior.
- The lighting on the car looks very good.
- Contrast and brightness seem perfect.
- Its a nice action shot.

Issues I'd have with that shot:

- The wheels look awful. Really awful.
- The radiator is way too noticeable. You dont normally see that much of it in real-life.
- The reflections on the left side look very low-res in some spots.
- The rocky areas in the background also look very low-res, particularly when contrasted with the brick fencing in front of it.

I'm being harsh as hell, but you're violating Grom's biggest rule, which is to hide away all the graphical problems that Forza 4 has. Its not your fault. The game just looks bad in many areas, and the inconsistency of the quality between things in one photograph really take away from the believability of it all.

Things you did right, though:

- Its a fantastic shot of the driver and interior.
- The lighting on the car looks very good.
- Contrast and brightness seem perfect.
- Its a nice action shot.

That's not bad at all.

I wouldn't saturate the color that deep next time (add a few points of Sepia). Looks REALLY red. The lighting setup isn't bad, the darker red works on that car, and the actual picture says you're moving forward. Keep at it. =)

Edit: actually, just upping your exposure may solve all that. The rocks in the back need to GO, however. Move the camera to the right side of the car.

Edit2: What Seanspeed said, and a LOL!

Thank you very much guys...

I appreciate the critique.

Its funny what you see through other peoples eyes that you miss yourself.

I mean, I hardly noticed the smeared reflections on the doors and the low res rocks - I'll hide them next time.

Also, SEANSPEED, I personally kind of like the radiator grille being that obvious, as I used to be a mechanic at a Chrysler dealer, and it was somewhat of an inside joke regarding the amount of people that used to come in to get after market "chrome" grilles fitted, and we used to have an abundance of stock 300C grilles just laying about - the badges of which found their ways onto our toolboxes... but yeah, it does look a tad unrealistic as there should be more shadow behind it... but i love that car.

Thanks again.

ps. I actually uploaded this late last night, before the guide, but I tried to take notes from other's photos and also noted the comment made by GROM/SarBear regarding using sepia and color interchangeably.

G Rom

I mean, I hardly noticed the smeared reflections on the doors and the low res rocks - I'll hide them next time.
If you don't want to ruin your enjoyement of the graphics, don't follow our advices. It's one of the major drawbacks to trying to make good looking photos, after a while you spot any small graphical glitch that breaks the illusion of realism. That's why I always find it amusing when people in the GT5 thread or in this one post "Is this real life ?" or shit like that. If you know where to look, you can't be fooled.

SarBear

This Sunday is filling up fast. =)

(repost)

6630492687_44df01bb1f_z.jpg

This Sunday, January 8th, GAF Weekend Racing League will be hosting another set of grinding, competitive racing events! Please join us at 2:30pm EST (do your conversions!) for wall-banging, predator and prey matches, completely unnecessary flips at the start of the race, running commentary ala Mean Jean style, and gratuitous fender benders from yours truly! This is our 5TH official outing, so please, continue to show your support for our league and gentlemen......RACE HARD!!

On Another Note...

Thank you guys.

And I will be back.

RULES:

• No glitched cars. Ever.
  • Minimum 10 players per event type for prizes.
  • Damage for main race types will be Cosmetic and Collisions will be on.
  • 1 Lap run around BEFORE event type on said course, strictly for stretching your legs.
  • GRID WILL BE RANDOM (there's no complaint box, so deal with it)
  • You don't HAVE to do all three events, but it's up to you to keep us informed of what you want to participate in.

Also...
2. &#8211; Race League racers should, whenever possible, race &#8220;clean&#8221;.
.....2.a. Car position relative to others on the track is not always clear. Mid-race .....discussion over xbox live should be used primarily to communicate position and .....passing intents by drivers to avoid collisions.
.....2.b. Attempts at passing should only be made when it is safe to do so.
.....2.c. If being passed, make attempts to avoid collisions whenever possible.
.....2.d. Careless passing that results in significant collisions will be identified post race .....with either time penalties incurred for the offending driver, or with that driver being .....disqualified for that event. Penalty specifics are open for discussion, and .....cases will be looked at via replay on a case by case basis by volunteer bystanders.
.....2.e. Non-significant collisions, or trading paint, is frowned upon, but usually will not .....result in specific penalties.
.....2.f. All drivers should drive cautiously and thoughtfully to avoid collisions. If minor .....collisions occur and it leads to a change in driver position, attempts may be made .....by the offender to allow the passed car back into its pre-collision position.
.....2.g. All racers should save a replay after each race in case review of infractions is .....necessary.
.....2.h. Cars should make all attempts to stay on the track at all time. "Shortcuts" are .....frowned upon and may result in time penalties or race disqualifications.

EVENT TYPES (3):

Track
Restrictions
  • 1994 1st Gen Mazda Miata
  • Class - C 425
  • Roll Cage Required (individual PI restrictions for non-compliance)
  • Must use GAF livery (will gift, just ask for it)
  • Must have visible race number

Evo VS STi: Which car kicks ass? - You've seen it often imitated in othergame, but let it be known; this is the end of the line for the war. Suit up and bust the door down against your rival turbocharged box car on one of the world's greatest tracks. Suzuka. Can't stand how snoody the Evo stands? Can't believe how the WRX has evolved? Let the hatred be known this Sunday.

Track
  • Suzuka (Full Circuit) - 12 Laps
Restrictions
  • Class - B 500
  • Drive Train - AWD
  • Cars limited to:

2004 Lancer Evo VIII MR
    2006 Lancer Evo IX MR
    2008 Lancer Evo X GSR
    2004 Impreza WRX STi
    2005 Impreza WRX STi
    2008 Impreza WRX STI
    2011 WRX STi

12-Cylinder Battle Royale - There is absolutely NOTHING on this planet quite like a finely tuned 12-cylinder vehicle. She purs for you, looks at you with deep love, catches your friends by surprise....and when you least expect it.......costs you 10 grand to repair. =/ In the meantime, let loose in one of these iconic testaments to pure speed against your rivals as we try to hang on for dear life across the cloudy skies of Mugello.

Track
  • Mugello Autodromo Internazionale (full circuit) - 11 Laps
Restrictions
  • Class - A 600
  • Cylinders - 12
  • Weight - 3300lbs+ (oops! lol)

PRIZES

2nd: Unicorn of choice
3rd: Unicorn of choice

6th man/hardest flip(not intentional)/great rivalry: Unicorn of choice

Everyone, race hard! I look at EVERYTHING so everyone has a chance to win!

BONUS!:

Make a donation by auction today! :) We need your support!

Players (Miata Number):

Shortt Sirket (25)
Archer33 (1)
Zorbsie (31)
op_ivy
Big Takeover (77)
Sarbear (3)
Ox Nagge (33)
Seanspeed (21)
CrudeDiatribe (7)
Rotavelle (12)
retroBrand (17)
Soundscream (13)
Granholme (27)
Templar Wizard (5)
P3Tran
The Japanator (89)

Reserve:

Muerte X (8)
MJLord (93)
The Stig (00)
cjelly (28)
LiquidSnake
flyinpiranha
Guest 1321 (18)
G Rom (34)
Benjamin Birdie
Sneaky77
Mr Nightman (88)
Union 0015 (15)
GrassyX (nope 1/08)

Current standings always available here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ancn9aXDWX-ldGt1eThhdEhMWFEtc2hXY0RDQlJwTnc#gid=0

You're in reserve until you confirm. :)
If you need an invite, please let us know.
If you have a pitiful number of posts, you will be put on reserve until day before racing begins.
If I get a ton of players that actually promise to show up (25 or more)...two rooms/random drawing

Seanspeed

Banned
Thank you very much guys...

I appreciate the critique.

Also, SEANSPEED, I personally kind of like the radiator grille being that obvious, as I used to be a mechanic at a Chrysler dealer, and it was somewhat of an inside joke regarding the amount of people that used to come in to get after market "chrome" grilles fitted, and we used to have an abundance of stock 300C grilles just laying about - the badges of which found their ways onto our toolboxes... but yeah, it does look a tad unrealistic as there should be more shadow behind it... but i love that car.

Thanks again.

ps. I actually uploaded this late last night, before the guide, but I tried to take notes from other's photos and also noted the comment made by GROM/SarBear regarding using sepia and color interchangeably.
I like seeing radiators, too. Especially on Jap cars. Looks extremely sporty.

Your photo wasn't bad man. Just constructive criticism, ya know? I'm no great photographer either, but I've learned a few things here and there.

Raudi

Attention [GAF] Racing club - New Rivals Challenge?

I went to race the new rivals races and there weren't any [GAF] times posted except for the first race!

I put up some decent times on all of the new events to start us off - get to it!!!! ;)

Grassy

Damn that sucks to hear Sarbear. I won't be able to make it this week as the timing means the races start at 6:30am Monday morning for me, and I leave for work at 6am :(

I was still on holidays this week which is why I was able to make it to the last race, it's a shame because I had a really fun time racing with you guys.

I like seeing radiators, too. Especially on Jap cars. Looks extremely sporty.

Your photo wasn't bad man. Just constructive criticism, ya know? I'm no great photographer either, but I've learned a few things here and there.

Ha, that's cool mate, I wasn't offended at all, quite the opposite really.
Thanks again mate.

Damn that sucks to hear Sarbear. I won't be able to make it this week as the timing means the races start at 6:30am Monday morning for me, and I leave for work at 6am :(

I was still on holidays this week which is why I was able to make it to the last race, it's a shame because I had a really fun time racing with you guys.

Where do you live man? Samoa? 6 am MONDAY morning? F that.

Top Bottom