• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

The stock Pinto has a 0-100 mph spec of 70 seconds.

Seventy. Seconds. :O

100 mph also happens to be it's top speed.

But it's kind of fun to drive with all the various upgrades. And I've discovered something remarkable-- if you put hertz's livery on it, it'll go about 18% faster. It's true.

gragy10

Very much in - Positano should be particularly entertaining.
Big up SarBear for all the effort you've put in to organizing so far too - hope real world business gets sorted

shinnn

This pack is awesome. Loved all cars. My only concern is the lack of rwd conversion to the fiat coupe.

video: Huayra sound is sick!
They did a great job in the active aerodynamics too.

56992753skvq.jpg

forzabigshot54xej5l.jpg

forzabigshot53y4kw4.jpg

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
The stock Pinto has a 0-100 mph spec of 70 seconds.

Seventy. Seconds. :O

100 mph also happens to be it's top speed.

But it's kind of fun to drive with all the various upgrades. And I've discovered something remarkable-- if you put hertz's livery on it, it'll go about 18% faster. It's true.

lol, i love that even after a couple engine mods, its still ranked as F100 (the lowest PI in the game)!

i have mine as an f200 and it does very well in single player and is fun to drive. H3rtz' giant blower on the front is a bit crazy - but it fits the red, white, and blue pinto so well!

saladine1

The stock Pinto is so scary to drive. I swear, it feels like i'm going to tip over at any moment due to the not so new suspension setup.
Although, with a stock Mustang engine upgrade and new suspension bits, the Pinto is a little ripper to drive....

I'm really struggling with simulation steering. Spent yesterday trying to get to grips with it (pre-patch was no problem) on the event list but damn that fucking AI, It's rare to pass the first turn without being spun out.

I tried turning the sensitivity down from 900°, the car is easier to catch after a collision or mistake but is extremely twitchy around the centre of the steering.

The more I spend on hardware, the worse I'm getting at the game.

amar212

I'm really struggling with simulation steering..

Total opposite here.

Since new post-patch Simulation was introduced and I finally understood the logic behind it, whole new world opened.

Now I run career in Simulation only (I have to admit I am using Normal for Rivals, no way to match the lateral grip of tires over Normal with Simulation) and enjoy the Forza as never before.

Try to "feel" the tires with the wheel and just think about the actual breaking points and movements of the car as you would in RL. OH, and definitely try these settings, I am using it post-patch and with new 721BFW with great success:

SEN 900 | FF 80 | SHO 70 | DRI 000 | ABS 75 | LIN 0 | DEA 0 | SPR 0 | DPR 0 |

And for SarBear - Godspeed you mate! I was not able to participate in parallel online worlds here and *there* and your CET schedules were so off from my Central European perspective, but lurking and reading what you do was a great fun. Take your time and I wish you personal best, you deserve it.

Thanks amar, I'll give the settings a go as I've got the CSR-E and 721B too,

I'm going to stick to hotlapping until I've cracked it though which is a shame because I really wanted to try and get into some online racing.

amar212

Just bring up the on-screen telemetry in order to "visually" understand the logic of weight-load of suspension on the tires and actual points of loosing the grip - it is the main difference between Simulation and Normal IMO.

It will make all the difference. Before I stumbled on that by chance, I was crazy about the post-patch handling and what it does to NSX-R for example. But you really have to change the whole perspective of what you do with suspension/tires. It is night/day difference.

As for Simulation and Online - I tried to set up a room with Simulation, all-assists off, 5 laps, etc... 45 minutes later not a single soul came in.

Sad days to be honest, really sad days. I would be so happy if T10 recognised and showcased their own success with new physics and tire-modelling for Simulation and established some kind of Production Car Hoppers or whatever similar.

nagge

Now I run career in Simulation only (I have to admit I am using Normal for Rivals, no way to match the lateral grip of tires over Normal with Simulation) and enjoy the Forza as never before.
I must be a god then since I think I do fairly well in Rivals mode and I use Sim steering all the time ;)
I did try normal steering for some races after your previous mention of grip levels, but I never liked it.

And for SarBear - Godspeed you mate! I was not able to participate in parallel online worlds here and *there* and your CET schedules were so off from my Central European perspective, but lurking and reading what you do was a great fun. Take your time and I wish you personal best, you deserve it.

Hey, I think we're in the same time zone and if I can make, so can you! :)

As for Simulation and Online - I tried to set up a room with Simulation, all-assists off, 5 laps, etc... 45 minutes later not a single soul came in.

Sad days to be honest, really sad days. I would be so happy if T10 recognised and showcased their own success with new physics and tire-modelling for Simulation and established some kind of Production Car Hoppers or whatever similar.

It is sad, that's the same settings that I like (though even more laps would be fun), and its nigh on impossible to find such a room online.

gragy10

Anyone around for some races about 10pm GMT tonight?
Need some guinea pigs with reliable connections to make sure my wifi setup's got rid of lag-hell

SarBear

Thanks a lot for the support, guys. It really, really means a lot.

Don't know if I'll have much time to practice/choose cars for this weekend, so I'm not expecting any amazing placements from myself.

nagge

Don't know if I'll have much time to practice/choose cars for this weekend, so I'm not expecting any amazing placements from myself.

Me neither, the little time I will have for Forza will be spent online racing.
Have pretty much chosen my cars already, but haven't run them on the specific track or done any specific tuning yet, that will be done on Sunday before the race.

but the time has come for me to take accountability for my actions and serve my time

Can you elaborate? If not its cool.

I have poured 5 hours a day in to this game for the last 14 days. It came out of nowhere. I got hooked with racing online, and tuning.

If everyone is okay with it, I think we should start Season 2 after SarBear leaves. I want to change the name to "The SarBear Memorial Weekend Racing League" if everyone is okay with that.

Also, we will start the points clean. Anyone else have any suggestions for our Spec races? Or even other ideas for races? I want to get a nice list of ideas ready for the new Season.

op_ivy

If everyone is okay with it, I think we should start Season 2 after SarBear leaves. I want to change the name to "The SarBear Memorial Weekend Racing League" if everyone is okay with that.

Also, we will start the points clean. Anyone else have any suggestions for our Spec races? Or even other ideas for races? I want to get a nice list of ideas ready for the new Season.

my only suggestion, which i said a page or two back but heard no responses to, would be that in addition to the weekly races we hold a time trial as well. would certainly help keep people like me, that often cant make the weekend races, engaged in our community.

if its an issue of leaderboards tracking everyones times for evidence, we could ask for photo evidence if an individual has previously set a faster time to the leaderboard.

G Rom

Holy shit, why didn't I buy the 360 Modena before yesterday ?! It's amazing to drive, even without the Forza aero ! :eek:
The roll cage placement is a bit funny in the cockpit view though. :lol

Even though I've yet to participate to any races, I'm joining everybody to say that you'll be missed SarBear. I wish you the best and hope to see you and your photos (and your avatars :lol) soon ! :)

I am down!!!!

Maybe a 10 lap R3 race on an open track.
A build your own C class event.
an all Lambo A class event.

A full Nuremberg track even with maybe D or C class cars?

guest1321

playing on my new plasma at the moment. Goood god this game is soooo much fucking cooler than I had ever imagineg (visually). plus the 2d -> 3d conversion looks pretty good when you are just looking at the cars (racing isn't all that spectacular; noticeable though). Bother TV's that I had played on in the past didn't have nearly the same sound quality as this one. so many noises that i've never heard. I have fallen in love all over again.

Not to mention, I just got level 101 and I have level 47 affinity with Audi. Almost there!!!!

EDIT: Once I get my level 50 affinity I'm going to get the cheevo car group set up. I've got around 17 mil to use too.

my only suggestion, which i said a page or two back but heard no responses to, would be that in addition to the weekly races we hold a time trial as well. would certainly help keep people like me, that often cant make the weekend races, engaged in our community.

if its an issue of leaderboards tracking everyones times for evidence, we could ask for photo evidence if an individual has previously set a faster time to the leaderboard.

You should join our club man! I will need help if we are going to do the weekend races and the Time Trials. You could definitely come help with those. Just a suggestion because I know you do like having your own club. Like I said, you would be given a Co-Leader role (sorry Sneaky, lol).

nagge

Make it the same rules as one of that weeks races and you're on to something. That way people can practice the track, car and participate in a time trial while doing so :)

Muerte_X

I'll toss in my tiny vote in along with that idea. Sorry to lose SarBear, glad to hear he'll eventually be back though.

It'll probably be useless because of the range of cars, but maybe a race with Rally type cars? Like the Lancia 037 and the Ford RS200? I'm not sure on the class, maybe B, A?

For spec races, I think we should keep in the same class, or maybe move up to B, but I like the speed of them now. Maybe use Mini Coopers this time around? (this even looks like a Gaf race, haha http://i.imgur.com/uJ17g.jpg) I had another good one in mind but i've lost it now.

I should be in for the races on Sunday, hope I can get enough practice in. Last time I didn't get as much as I would've liked. I also used the wrong tune for my miata, lol.

op_ivy

You should join our club man! I will need help if we are going to do the weekend races and the Time Trials. You could definitely come help with those. Just a suggestion because I know you do like having your own club. Like I said, you would be given a Co-Leader role (sorry Sneaky, lol).

i started my own to race with a real life friend. but, he doesnt play much at all AND we had an unrelated minor falling out recently, so i dont want to quit the club and have him think its for those reasons.

i still have the invite saved, i'll probably be joining soon.

op_ivy

Make it the same rules as one of that weeks races and you're on to something. That way people can practice the track, car and participate in a time trial while doing so :)

personally, i'd rather have an additional venue/event for variety, but am open either way.

EDIT: sorry for the double post

EDIT 2: i'd love to see B class focus RS for the spec races :)

You guys have been unofficially doing that for a few weeks now. It seems like a good idea to me.

nagge

personally, i'd rather have an additional venue/event for variety, but am open either way.

The way I feel is just that it's yet another car/track combo to get a car for, tune and learn. It's enough with three different ones, at least for me. Maybe I'm just lazy ;)

I have but one wish for the spec class for the next series: RWD

You guys have been unofficially been doing that for a few weeks now. It seems like a good idea to me.

Exactly, why not get something for the effort ;)
And more players would probably join in and hotlap before the race which would make the starting field even more competitive.

Sounds good.

I still want my ShariaBear Desert Cup* luxury sedan hoonery. Probably be similar to this weekend's V12 race, so maybe wait a while.

*The D-Cup for short.

Would really like to see the next spec race to be with stock parts or a preset build (tuning allowed), which is why any of the cup/challenge cars we have in the game would work well.

Ferrari, F355C, 360CS, F430C, 458C; SÉAT Cupra Cup, Renault Clio V6.

What about two spec series, one D/C/B class and one A/S? Having two of the three races spec ones may remove the advantage of having lots of time to tune and lead to some closer races.

For spec races, I think we should keep in the same class, or maybe move up to B, but I like the speed of them now. Maybe use Mini Coopers this time around? (this even looks like a Gaf race, haha http://i.imgur.com/uJ17g.jpg) I had another good one in mind but i've lost it now.

Oh, that's fantastic!

op_ivy

The way I feel is just that it's yet another car/track combo to get a car for, tune and learn. It's enough with three different ones, at least for me. Maybe I'm just lazy ;)

I have but one wish for the spec class for the next series: RWD

i definitely get that. maybe it could be a set, stock vehicle?

other then varieties sake, i'm a bit concerned that awarding TT points AND race position points seems a bit unfair for the same car and track combo.

Exactly, why not get something for the effort ;)
And more players would probably join in and hotlap before the race which would make the starting field even more competitive.

that is a good point though. maybe with a bit more pre-race practice from the field some mishaps could be avoided mid race :D

What about two spec series, one D/C/B class and one A/S? Having two of the three races spec ones may remove the advantage of having lots of time to tune and lead to some closer races.

really like that actually. but since i rarely make the weekend races - my vote probably shouldnt count for much :p

Sounds good.

I still want my ShariaBear Desert Cup* luxury sedan hoonery. Probably be similar to this weekend's V12 race, so maybe wait a while.

*The D-Cup for short.

Would really like to see the next spec race to be with stock parts or a preset build (tuning allowed), which is why any of the cup/challenge cars we have in the game would work well.

Ferrari, F355C, 360CS, F430C, 458C; SÉAT Cupra Cup, Renault Clio V6.

Oh, that's fantastic!
I couldn't be anything else!

op_ivy

Hmm...how about this then: C/B spec class for the Sunday night races. A/S spec class for the weekly time trials?

sounds like a fair compromise to me. anyone else have thoughts on how to handle the TT and the possibility of multiple different spec races?

These are all really great ideas guys.

I think the TTs should be scored differently than the actual races. And I do like the idea of multiple spec races, one for the TT and one for the races.

G Rom

The Group B idea thrown earlier is very good IMO, make it B Class restricted and limited to the 037, Delta, Quattro and R5 Turbo.
For more powerful cars, there could be a V8 Supercars race. There could be a DTM race or two as well since we have Hockenheim and the Nürburgring.

For the spec series, since the last car was from Asia, I think the next should be European or American. There's lot to choose from, just took a quick look at the car list : Fiesta, Focus, Sierra, Clio V6, Elise, 365 GTB/4, Pantera (with aero), DS3, 2002 Turbo, M1, M635CSi, Mito, 500 esseesse, RCZ, Tesla Roadster :)lol), Scirrocco (the R version with full racing bodykit would be bad ass but it's DLC)

The Group B idea thrown earlier is very good IMO, make it B Class restricted and limited to the 037, Delta, Quattro and R5 Turbo.
For more powerful cars, there could be a V8 Supercars race. There could be a DTM race or two as well since we have Hockenheim and the Nürburgring.

For the spec series, since the last car was from Asia, I think the next should be European or American. There's lot to choose from, just took a quick look at the car list : Fiesta, Focus, Sierra, Clio V6, Elise, 365 GTB/4, Pantera (with aero), DS3, 2002 Turbo, M1, M635CSi, Mito, 500 esseesse, RCZ, Tesla Roadster :)lol), Scirrocco (the R version with full racing bodykit would be bad ass but it's DLC)

I really like the idea of using a car that is already some sort of "Spec" racer. Like the Citroen DS3 and the Seat Cupra Cup. Anyone with the game near them that can give all the options like those?

Edit: And I know you are kidding, but that Tesla sounds like it could be rather interesting for a Spec race. Or some kind of hybrid/electric race. Hmm....

SarBear

I see the spirit has hit you all. God, this is great!

Here's some good car candidates for the next season's standard racer:

2004/10 Mini Cooper
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP
2003 Toyota Celica SS-I
2009 Volvo C30 R-Design
2007 Audi TT Coupe S-Line
2006 Ford Focus ST
2010 Genesis Coupe
2004 C32 AMG
2007 Saturn Sky Red Line

Just a thought...

I really like the idea of using a car that is already some sort of "Spec" racer. Like the Citroen DS3 and the Seat Cupra Cup. Anyone with the game near them that can give all the options like those?

Edit: And I know you are kidding, but that Tesla sounds like it could be rather interesting for a Spec race. Or some kind of hybrid/electric race. Hmm....

Everyone would pick the Tesla in a hybrid race. It's not even a contest.

I see the spirit has hit you all. God, this is great!

Here's some good car candidates for the next season's standard racer:

2004/10 Mini Cooper
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP
2003 Toyota Celica SS-I
2009 Volvo C30 R-Design
2007 Audi TT Coupe S-Line
2006 Ford Focus ST
2010 Genesis Coupe
2004 C32 AMG
2007 Saturn Sky Red Line

Just a thought...

I like that idea. Did anyone watch the show SetUp on Speed back in the day? It is RWD, fairly light and is a great little car.

As for the TTs being scored different, I think I should have said "separately." That the points are kept separate from the actual Weekend Races.

BADNED

thank you. through the rivals mode?

also, what do you know about the missing EPIC positano? worth a shot.
Yep, Rivals mode.

A short answer without going into detail, tests showed it does not work with all the new features in FM4.

op_ivy

I like that idea. Did anyone watch the show SetUp on Speed back in the day? It is RWD, fairly light and is a great little car.

As for the TTs being scored different, I think I should have said "separately." That the points are kept separate from the actual Weekend Races.

as someone that participates infrequently in the races, that would definitely be better for me, but may complicate matters with two score boards.

A short answer without going into detail, tests showed it could not work with all the new features in FM4.

figured it had to be something like that. hopefully it makes a return and doesnt join the long list of forza tracks that have disappeared throughout the series.

G Rom

I was half joking, an hybrid or electric one-off race could be funny.

As for the spec cars : 500 (there are racing body kits IIRC), MiTO (GTA body kits available), A4 DTM, M1 (no Procar body kits though), DS3 (not the Racing version though), 3.0 CSL (has part of the racing kit), 2002 Turbo, E30 M3 (some OEM kits available as well IIRC), 135i Coupé (Tii body kits available), E46 M3 (GTR kits available), Cobalt SS, Pantera (FM kits make it somewhat look like the racing version), Charger Daytona, SRT4 ACR, Viper SRT10 ACR, F355 Challenge, 458 Challenge, 599XX, FXX, F40C, F50GT, Focus RS, Mustang Cobra R, RS200, Startos, 037, Delta, Exige Cup, 2-Eleven, Evora T124, 190E, CLK GTR, C Class DTM, John Cooper Works (has racing kits), RCZ, 207 S2000, R5 Turbo, Twingo RS Cup, Clio V6, Megane RS 250, Leon Supercup, Cobra Daytona, Beetle (kits available to make it almost look like the RSi version), Scirroco R (racing kits available but DLC, although it may be the free car !), 242 Turbo Evo, C30 R Design.
I think that's pretty much it for EU/NA spec race cars.

op_ivy

I was half joking, an hybrid or electric one-off race could be funny.

As for the spec cars : 500 (there are racing body kits IIRC), MiTO (GTA body kits available), A4 DTM, M1 (no Procar body kits though), DS3 (not the Racing version though), 3.0 CSL (has part of the racing kit), 2002 Turbo, E30 M3 (some OEM kits available as well IIRC), 135i Coupé (Tii body kits available), E46 M3 (GTR kits available), Cobalt SS, Pantera (FM kits make it somewhat look like the racing version), Charger Daytona, SRT4 ACR, Viper SRT10 ACR, F355 Challenge, 458 Challenge, 599XX, FXX, F40C, F50GT, Focus RS, Mustang Cobra R, RS200, Startos, 037, Delta, Exige Cup, 2-Eleven, Evora T124, 190E, CLK GTR, C Class DTM, John Cooper Works (has racing kits), RCZ, 207 S2000, R5 Turbo, Twingo RS Cup, Clio V6, Megane RS 250, Leon Supercup, Cobra Daytona, Beetle (kits available to make it almost look like the RSi version), Scirroco R (racing kits available but DLC, although it may be the free car !), 242 Turbo Evo, C30 R Design.
I think that's pretty much it for EU/NA spec race cars.

my picks in bold

Top Bottom