• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Come on guys!! I need your suggestions!!

i did my part.

i had a thought earlier... what if we had an am and pro league? the events and timing would be the same, but different lobbies and score boards. i dont expect either would fill 16 races, but this would always allow for plenty of room for random gaffers to race, and i've never been a fan of 16 car pile ups at turn 1 anyways :p

just a thought. probably wouldnt work out, as those of us that are somewhat middle of the pack could sand bag the am league and run away with it.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
I submitted my answers.

Sunday races @ 4PM E/T

Classes C/B vehicles or specced to those.

Last race Any class, specifically R+ but not necessary, could be F class. Last race is the "fun" race.

Standings/points just matter for that specific race day.

1h30min-2hour weekly sessions

Is there a way to cancel a gift? I sent a car to the wrong person. I'm so stupid.

If they don't accept it within like 2 weeks or something, it sends it back to you. At least, that is what happened in Forza 3. However, if they do take it then there is nothing you can do.

snack

If they don't accept it within like 2 weeks or something, it sends it back to you. At least, that is what happened in Forza 3. However, if they do take it then there is nothing you can do.

The thing is that this person doesn't even have Forza 4. It was one of the cheevo cars non-ferraris. I'll pay op_ivy back for however much the car cost. My mistake and it's my sole responsibility.

guest1321

reposting for new page:

What is it?
So as some of you are aware I am trying to put together a group of ForzaGAF members to come together and help one and other in getting the ridiculous achievements that are Ferrari Collector and Exclusive Taste.

Who is it?
This is open to all to join in on and our current interest stands at:

GAFname (GamerTag)
----------------------------------
√ Guest 1321 (Guest1321)
√ Shortt Sirket (Shortt Sirket)
Sneaky77 (sneaky77)
&#8730; Vindictive Gnome (VindictiveGnome) <--- no space, i messed it up earlier
&#8730; h3ro (munkeyhero)
&#8730; op_ivy (LoopOfHenle)
&#8730; gragy10 (Granholme)
&#8730; snack (The Japanator)
DasRaven (DasRavenLive)
evil_as_skeletor (REW138)
Stephen_drewz (DreWz12000)
kazinova (kazinova)

How will it work?
The way I have envisioned this working is by recording who owns what car (so as to ensure it makes it back to its owner), and then keeping track of who currently has the car. It will start with one person having all the cars sent to them, and then they will be passed on to whoever is next in line.

Current Situation
I've made a spreadsheet to help with recording vehicle ownership and possession as well as to outline the cars we will need: Guide to Tracking Ownership of Cars

Readme.txt
Side Notes:
- You cannot gift cars that were purchased with tokens!
- To gift cars you must have that person on your friends list!
- All cars have been accounted for at this point. We are not missing any. We don't need any help but you are welcome to join.
- If you already have the cars then that is great for you. The group of cars will be moved around together. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- More to come I'm sure...

guest1321

I didn't keep track of which car it was. Sorry.

Sorry for the DP guys buy I didn't want to mix these up.

Snack who did you send the cars too as you have not updated the google doc???

And it was either the Aston Martin DBR1 or the Shelby Daytona Coupe. Based on who you sent the cars too we can figure out which one they did not get.

snack

Sorry for the DP guys buy I didn't want to mix these up.

Snack who did you send the cars too as you have not updated the google doc???

And it was either the Aston Martin DBR1 or the Shelby Daytona Coupe. Based on who you sent the cars too we can figure out which one they did not get.

I haven't updated because I dunno which car is missing.

I played more World Tour tonight and must admit, I forgot how easy it was. Races in the Event List are more challenging, correct?

My latest purchase; I love hatches!
6664854693_877b5dc6e1_b.jpg

skyfinch

The thing is that this person doesn't even have Forza 4. It was one of the cheevo cars non-ferraris. I'll pay op_ivy back for however much the car cost. My mistake and it's my sole responsibility.

As someone mentioned, you will have to wait a couple weeks before the car is returned.

op_ivy

i better chime in now and say save your money, i can wait a few weeks for you to get em back. if, for some reason they dont come back, we'll figure something out.

Muerte_X

Okay, I created a quick survey to get ideas for Season 2. Please fill it out and help me get things ready for the next Season.

Season 2 Survey

If you have any other questions I should ask, let me know. I can add questions on the fly.

I didn't fill out the survey because I'm pretty indifferent to most of the questions. I am always off on the weekends, so any length or time works for me. I figured I'd let those who actually have time constraints give their input.

I suppose if you added a "no preference" or some such option in the questions I would fill out stuff about the spec racers.

MJLord

Okay I'm back at uni this week (and me and the girlfriend split up) so I will have a little more time to play with you guys.

btw filled out the questionaire for next season, bring it on !

zorbsie

Filled out the survey. I put down a time, but really it could be anytime on the weekend for me.
Also did the drag strip races and all the point to point races and I still didnt' get the world tour cheevo. Maybe it's one of the ovals that I haven't done yet. I used the Suzuki Monster Sport SX for the point to point, that high pitched whine, so good.

op_ivy

i better chime in now and say save your money, i can wait a few weeks for you to get em back. if, for some reason they dont come back, we'll figure something out.

actually, the 330P4 belongs to guest, so i cant speak for him on what he'll want to do.

shortt, if you send that over to Raven, and update the googledoc to add you as an owner for that car as well as guest, it would be appreciated. can someone do the same with the enzo?

gragy10

Survey complete here too - i guess the main thing in my mind is the total time a league session takes up, but that's nearly always down to server issues which are out of our hands

DasRaven

actually, the 330P4 belongs to guest, so i cant speak for him on what he'll want to do.

shortt, if you send that over to Raven, and update the googledoc to add you as an owner for that car as well as guest, it would be appreciated. can someone do the same with the enzo?

Hold on, I can buy an Enzo tonight and I have a 330P4 from level rewards. I'll paint them and send them on from here to the next person to keep the loop going.
Just add me as an additional owner of both of those in the gDoc once they reach the next person successfully.

op_ivy

Hold on, I can buy an Enzo tonight and I have a 330P4 from level rewards. I'll paint them and send them on from here to the next person to keep the loop going.
Just add me as an additional owner of both of those in the gDoc once they reach the next person successfully.

i'll add you as the owner now - when you send the cars, update the doc to show who has possession.

EDIT: also, slap on an obnoxious paint =)

Just send me a PM with your Live name and I will add you tonight when I get off of work.

Now that I've (legitimately) returned, is there space in the club?

I received an in-game mail message saying I've been kicked. I'd live to take on some of other members' times (and ghosts) in rivals mode.

If not (as always), I understand if it's full. I don't want to take the spot of someone more deserving who is more reliable for online races. I can always just post pictures in here!

nagge

The GAF club will never be full, of active members anyway :)
I'd guess that people willing to participate in club races has a priority though, still I doubt the club will ever get full or even close to it.

Some good responses from you guys on the survey, thank you. Those of you that have not answered it yet, please do so HERE.

It is looking like the Leon Supercup (A or B) will be our Weekend Spec Racer and the Ferrari 355C (A) will be our Time Trial car. These are still open to voting and suggestions, so nothing is written in stone.

guest1321

i'll add you as the owner now - when you send the cars, update the doc to show who has possession.

EDIT: also, slap on an obnoxious paint =)

Damn we are taking some hits lol.

As for the color it is the fourth from the bottom, fourth from the far right. HOT PINK BABY!

nagge

And please don't vote for a later time than the current one! Think of us poor EuroGafs ;)

Wait a minute, the Leon supercup can't be brought down to B-class anyway, and I voted for B-class..ah...

And please don't vote for a later time than the current one! Think of us poor EuroGafs ;)

Wait a minute, the Leon supercup can't be brought down to B-class anyway, and I voted for B-class..ah...

I was curious about that. Those were the two most common answers, so I just threw those up. But I was pretty sure it was an A class car.

If that is true, do we want to change the car/class for the Time Trial? Or just keep them both A?

nagge

I was curious about that. Those were the two most common answers, so I just threw those up. But I was pretty sure it was an A class car.

If that is true, do we want to change the car/class for the Time Trial? Or just keep them both A?

I'd rather have something like the renault clio in B-class for the races and the F355C in A for the time trials, but that might change things too much.

I'd rather have something like the renault clio in B-class for the races and the F355C in A for the time trials, but that might change things too much.

I was originally envisioning a fast, fun FWD B class car for the Weekend Races. And a fun and challenging RWD car for the Time Trials. I think the F355C will work, but might have to find another car for the Weekend races.

Edit: What about the Citroen DS3, Ford Focus RS or the Renault Mégane Renault Sport 250?

Also, would people be up for new prizes for the races? I can get MS Points, Live Cards and some Games really cheap and I would be willing to put some of those up for Season 2.

op_ivy

I was originally envisioning a fast, fun FWD B class car for the Weekend Races. And a fun and challenging RWD car for the Time Trials. I think the F355C will work, but might have to find another car for the Weekend races.

Also, would people be up for new prizes for the races? I can get MS Points, Live Cards and some Games really cheap and I would be willing to put some of those up for Season 2.

come on people, focus! :)

nagge

Edit: What about the Citroen DS3, Ford Focus RS or the Renault Mégane Renault Sport 250?

Yes!!! Great car and fast as hell around a track.

Yes!!! Great car and fast as hell around a track.

And one more question on here. For the Spec Races, do you guys like being able to buy the parts and tune it all yourself? Or would you like one that has been upgraded and base tuned by someone on here and you just have to make the adjustments to fit you and the track?

I filled out the survey, and added this as a suggestion:

The prep work for the weekend's races can be just that sometimes - work. I'd like to see some more stock races, or forced club-distributed tunes/setups.

Ideally I'd like to make one new car w/tune, setup, and paint each week. An additional paint job, or setup only is fine too. Two cars, two tunes, two paint jobs, three setups is just too much.

Does this resonate with anyone else?

op_ivy

And one more question on here. For the Spec Races, do you guys like being able to buy the parts and tune it all yourself? Or would you like one that has been upgraded and base tuned by someone on here and you just have to make the adjustments to fit you and the track?

i'd prefer the latter. i'm not good at tuning, nor do i enjoy it. the more level the playing field, the better. i'd actually like to see one of the three weekend races nad/or the TT be limited to stock and no tuning.

nagge

I am totally against the idea of having someone tune a car that we then all use. For me the tuning and prep work is fun to do during the week leading up to a race, seeing everyone getting faster and making small adjustments and then comparing times.

The part about making adjustments to the track is fine, but lets face it, a tune will always fit a certain driving style more than another and not being able to tailor it to your own driving is a real turn down for me and would really remove a huge part of what is making this league interesting to me.

I am totally against the idea of having someone tune a car that we then all use. For me the tuning and prep work is fun to do during the week leading up to a race, seeing everyone getting faster and making small adjustments and then comparing times.

The part about making adjustments to the track is fine, but lets face it, a tune will always fit a certain driving style more than another and not being able to tailor it to your own driving is a real turn down for me and would really remove a huge part of what is making this league interesting to me.

I have heard that from people, but I have also heard the opposite.

What about a Spec Race like we have been doing it, another "theme" race and then a stock race?

And maybe keeping the stock race a secret until race day. To make things more...interesting...

nagge

What about a Spec Race like we have been doing it, another "theme" race and then a stock race?

And maybe keeping the stock race a secret until race day. To make things more...interesting...

That sounds like a good idea, if by stock you really mean stock, as in no tune at all.

And I trust you not to secretly put in a massive amount of practice with the secret car before the race ;)

Really how much do people change their tunes with the miata? I used the same for our first three races and used a second one for the last two.

op_ivy

I have heard that from people, but I have also heard the opposite.

that sounds like a good compromise for people like nagge, that enjoy tuning, and those that don't. i assume the "theme" race would also allow tunes?

definitely dont like that idea. all that would do is create a lot of unprepared drivers. i think the more comfortable a person is with a specific car on a specific track, the less likely major accidents are to occur. of course, to some, those major crashes are half the fun i guess

that sounds like a good compromise for people like nagge, that enjoy tuning, and those that don't. i assume the "theme" race would also allow tunes?

Yeah, it would be like we have been doing with the V12 races or the Evo vs STi.

That sounds like a good idea, if by stock you really mean stock, as in no tune at all.

And I trust you not to secretly put in a massive amount of practice with the secret car before the race ;)

Haha, I doubt it would matter even if I did. But I won't. I might run it a couple of times to make sure the car/track combo works, but that is it.

This upcoming weekend might be up in the air until we get all these little things worked out. There will definitely be races, but it might not be for points.

nagge

definitely dont like that idea. all that would do is create a lot of unprepared drivers. i think the more comfortable a person is with a specific car on a specific track, the less likely major accidents are to occur. of course, to some, those major crashes are half the fun i guess

Would be a great test of peoples ability to adapt to a new car as fast as possible :)

But I agree that T1 might be bit of a crashfest as everyone is trying to find their braking points.

zorbsie

Does this resonate with anyone else?

I'm with you on this. I'm just not good at tuning/upgrading. It would be a load off to have a set car/tune that gets passed around. Those of us with limited time can show up and compete and those who have time can practice during the week.

Top Bottom