• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Ferrari Collector & Exclusive Taste Cheevo's |OP| of Trading a Pink Fleet
So as some of you are aware I am trying to put together a group of ForzaGAF members to come together and help one and other in getting the ridiculous achievements that are Ferrari Collector and Exclusive Taste.
Wasn't sure if I should send a PM or post here but I am interested in being added to the end of the list.

I had grand visions of getting all of the cash myself (while working through bucket list), but I'm only at $18m after this long (driver level 86, offline races only) so I might want to take up the offer while it is available.

Gamertag is same as my GAF id ( LoveAndBeer ).

Thanks!

On the Forza SubReddit, they play Destruction Derby. It actually sounds pretty cool. Use the Benchmark E track, set a time and choose "Keep it Clean" with "Bigger is better." Basically it means that whoever does the most damage will win the match.

It seems like a fun extra thing we could try.

guest1321

reposting for new page:

What is it?
So as some of you are aware I am trying to put together a group of ForzaGAF members to come together and help one and other in getting the ridiculous achievements that are Ferrari Collector and Exclusive Taste.

Who is it?
This is open to all to join in on and our current interest stands at:

GAFname (GamerTag)
----------------------------------
√ Guest 1321 (Guest1321)
√ Shortt Sirket (Shortt Sirket)
&#8730; Vindictive Gnome (VindictiveGnome) <--- no space, i messed it up earlier
&#8730; h3ro (munkeyhero)
&#8730; op_ivy (LoopOfHenle)
&#8730; gragy10 (Granholme)
&#8730; snack (The Japanator)
&#8730; DasRaven (DasRavenLive)
evil_as_skeletor (REW138)
Stephen_drewz (DreWz12000)
kazinova (kazinova)
LoveAndBeer (LoveAndBeer)
U n i o n 0015 (Union 360)
Sneaky77 (sneaky77)
BabaIu (BabaIu) <--- that is I ,"eye", not an L....

How will it work?
The way I have envisioned this working is by recording who owns what car (so as to ensure it makes it back to its owner), and then keeping track of who currently has the car. It will start with one person having all the cars sent to them, and then they will be passed on to whoever is next in line.

Current Situation
I've made a spreadsheet to help with recording vehicle ownership and possession as well as to outline the cars we will need: Guide to Tracking Ownership of Cars

Readme.txt
Side Notes:
- You cannot gift cars that were purchased with tokens!
- To gift cars you must have that person on your friends list!
- All cars have been accounted for at this point. We are not missing any. We don't need any help but you are welcome to join.
- If you already have the cars then that is great for you. The group of cars will be moved around together. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- More to come I'm sure...

Status Update:
- Snack misgifted the enzo, 330 (waiting 2 weeks for the return)
- DasRaven has offered his 330 and enzo to keep things moving along
- Cars have been gifted to evil_as_skeletor

ForzaGAF.png

And the winner is........

Ox nagge 273

Congrats Ox!

The final ranking is as follows:
Dead Poul 268
Seanspeed 204
CrudeDiatribe 130
retroBrand 130
Muerte X 94
Granholme 90
Big Takeover 88
P3tran 70
ZORBS 67
Shortt Sirket 55
SoundScream13 50
Rotavelle 42
Union 360 39
Templar Wizard 25
Luckie Lordie 24
British Meat 21
x Grassy x 16
str8buzkitty 15
Mr. Nightman 11
Sneaky77 10
Crunchin Jelly 7
russtic 7
Guest1321 6
Slayer33 5
m0dus 5
LiquidSnake 2

As always, a full rundown of the points can be found HERE.

DasRaven

reposting for new page:

GAFname (GamerTag)
&#8730; Guest 1321 (Guest1321)
&#8730; Shortt Sirket (Shortt Sirket)
Sneaky77 (sneaky77)
&#8730; Vindictive Gnome (VindictiveGnome) <--- no space, i messed it up earlier
DasRaven (DasRavenLive)
kazinova (kazinova)

Present Car Issues
- Snack misgifted the enzo, 330, and aston or shelby (unsure which atm)

I'll ask again since this repost. Who should get the group next, Sneaky77 or REW138?
I'll gift them to one of those two tonight.

And regarding the issues, Snack definitely sent me the Aston and Shelby, only the Enzo and 330 were missing.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
ForzaGAF.png

Ox nagge 273

As always, a full rundown of the points can be found HERE.

congrats Ox!

also,
PRIZES

We have a very special offer for our overall first place winner.

1st: Custom livery of choice designed by our very own M0dus (Thanks!!)
2nd: Unicorn of choice
3rd: Unicorn of choice

6th man/hardest flip(not intentional)/great rivalry: Unicorn of choice

Everyone, race hard! I look at EVERYTHING so everyone has a chance to win!

shortt, any winner of this? i nominate the accident between Ox and I at Positano posted here and here

guest1321

I'll ask again since this repost. Who should get the group next, Sneaky77 or REW138?
I'll gift them to one of those two tonight.

And regarding the issues, Snack definitely sent me the Aston and Shelby, only the Enzo and 330 were missing.

Thank you for clearing that up. Sneaky's availability seems to be on and off so assuming he is able to get online tonight send them to him, otherwise go to the next on the list (rew138).

Thanks for adding your cars to the mix! That's a huge help

Seanspeed

Banned

Ox nagge 273

Congrats Ox!

The final ranking is as follows:
Dead Poul 268
Seanspeed 204
CrudeDiatribe 130
retroBrand 130
Muerte X 94
Granholme 90
Big Takeover 88
P3tran 70
ZORBS 67
Shortt Sirket 55
SoundScream13 50
Rotavelle 42
Union 360 39
Templar Wizard 25
Luckie Lordie 24
British Meat 21
x Grassy x 16
str8buzkitty 15
Mr. Nightman 11
Sneaky77 10
Crunchin Jelly 7
russtic 7
Guest1321 6
Slayer33 5
m0dus 5
LiquidSnake 2

Oh damn, didn't realize it was so close between Ox and SarBear! Had I not been knocked out of 1st at Positano, Ox and Sar Bear would have been dead even on points! Either way, good job Ox. You were definitely the man to beat more often than not.

Fight for 4th looked pretty tough as well as the group behind.

DasRaven

Thank you for clearing that up. Sneaky's availability seems to be on and off so assuming he is able to get online tonight send them to him, otherwise go to the next on the list (rew138).

OK, you can check my name off the list. Friend request has been sent to REW138, cars are ready to move.

Jharp

Didn't realize just how little I put into Forza 3 until this game came out. Shame too, because 3 was so good, and by all accounts 4 is just a better version of that. Sucks that it's not the same leap over 3 that 3 was over 2, but still, wish I'd waited for 4 instead of splurging on 3 and putting barely any time into it.

thundr51

It's kinda funny that in the Veloster Turbo AutoVista experience, Peter Egan spends the entire time talking about Rhys Millen Racing rather than the car. :D

Thought I was the only one who noticed this. Was thinking about picking this up IRL but somebody said it was slow and it is. Actually it's not much better than the Hyundai Accent (cost less, 4drs, same HP). Wonder what the price is going to be like when it comes stateside this summer. For me right now, the Mazdaspeed3 is looking pretty good.

OK, you can check my name off the list. Friend request has been sent to REW138, cars are ready to move.

Sweet, I'll accept later on today.
Thanks

Also, what's the deal with the Veloster having only 3 doors. That design choice seems majorly impractical for a run of the mill market competing hatch/sedan.

I'm not sure if there is a justifiable reason behind that decision, but it seems odd to have a fancy/quirky gimmick like that making it onto a production model...

thundr51

Also, what's the deal with the Veloster having only 3 doors. That design choice seems majorly impractical for a run of the mill market competing hatch/sedan.

I'm not sure if there is a justifiable reason behind that decision, but it seems odd to have a fancy/quirky gimmick like that making it onto a production model...

It's actually not a bad idea. Whenever I have to haul anybody around and let them out that's the door they would use anyway since it's closest to the sidewalk/store/etc. It's a bold move for sure.

sneaky77

yeah thats cool I dont mind waiting, trying to get settled back from vacation havent even had time to turn on the xbox yet lol. should settle down here shortly

Seanspeed

Banned
Didn't realize just how little I put into Forza 3 until this game came out. Shame too, because 3 was so good, and by all accounts 4 is just a better version of that. Sucks that it's not the same leap over 3 that 3 was over 2, but still, wish I'd waited for 4 instead of splurging on 3 and putting barely any time into it.

From a gameplay standpoint, I'd say its actually a far bigger leap than 2 to 3 was.

Seanspeed

Banned
As far as the variance in gameplay modes or what?
I was mainly referring to the driving model. Its a leap and bound ahead of Forza 3. The driving feels alive finally. Better tire physics, better sense of weight transfer, better sense of speed, better track undulations, better sound. It feels much more like a racing sim than it ever has, while still retaining the accessibility and fun the series is known for.

guest1321

I was mainly referring to the driving model. Its a leap and bound ahead of Forza 3. The driving feels alive finally. Better tire physics, better sense of weight transfer, better sense of speed, better track undulations, better sound. It feels much more like a racing sim than it ever has, while still retaining the accessibility and fun the series is known for.

I can agree with you entirely. Though I never really spent a lot of time playing forza 2 (maybe 4 races), I bought Forza 3 at the end of august and played the shit out of it in anticipation of 4. I was a little concerned after I finished the World Tour and got driver level 50 in my second week of playing that I was going to burn myself out. But picking up Forza 4 felt like a whole new beast (with the exception of the visual presentation in between races; so really I just mean the racing (as you mentioned)).

Even with the speed wheel I often feel like I am test driving a car. I can't imagine what this game is like for those of ForzaGAF that own a real wheel set up
bastards!

nagge

ForzaGAF.png

Ox nagge 273

Congrats Ox!

congrats Ox!

Congrats Ox!
Considering the talent that shows up every week, I'm pretty pleased with my 10th place.

Oh damn, didn't realize it was so close between Ox and SarBear! Had I not been knocked out of 1st at Positano, Ox and Sar Bear would have been dead even on points! Either way, good job Ox. You were definitely the man to beat more often than not.

Fight for 4th looked pretty tough as well as the group behind.

Woop wooop, thanks guys! :)
Too bad you missed out on a weekend Seanspeed, it would have been real close in the top.

Looking forward to season 2.

eso76

Oh, the hyundai veloster ! Autovista too !
Nice and unexpected, i thought that would be included in february car pack.

Now we need tracks, T10.

h3ro

I downloaded the Veloster pack and it still won't let me join the Veloster Rivals section and I'm getting a message stating that the Veloster Rivals race is only for registered users?

Is there something I have to fill out or download besides the Veloster pack? Link?

op_ivy

I downloaded the Veloster pack and it still won't let me join the Veloster Rivals section and I'm getting a message stating that the Veloster Rivals race is only for registered users?

Is there something I have to fill out or download besides the Veloster pack? Link?

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/display.aspx?id=19327361356&blogid=71

If you’re interested in taking part, register now; it’s free! This contest is only for registered users who are also U.S. residents. To register you must download the free Hyundai Registration Picture gamer picture between today and January 8. You can download the gamerpic via Xbox LIVE (via a game banner running on the Xbox LIVE dashboard) or on your computer by downloading the gamerpic here.

you may be SOL...

Muerte_X

Yeah, it's pretty lame. I log onto the game everyday and saw no announcements about it in game, and when the rivals event shows up in the game and I finally find out about it, the registration window is closed.

op_ivy

Yeah, it's pretty lame. I log onto the game everyday and saw no announcements about it in game, and when the rivals event shows up in the game and I finally find out about it, the registration window is closed.

it was posted here, but no discussion. still, it was kind of an odd way to go about it, you'd think the registration would open with the announcement and release of the veloster DLC to help generate buzz

Okay, I think I have settled on the Megane B Class as our Spec racer for the weekends and the Ferrari 355C A class as our Spec Time Trial Car.

I will have an update tonight about what upgrades are required for these cars.

I will also have an update about our races this weekend. I know it is later than usual, but it has taken a while to iron out all the stuff for the new Season.

We will be dropping the 1 lowest scoring weekend from each person to allow for bad luck and being unable to participate. I am also thinking we will do 2 Official races each weekend and maybe 1 unofficial race. Something like Tag or Soccer or Demo Derby.

Since we are doing 2 races, the length of each race will go up slightly. By how much I am still trying to determine. I am thinking 30 min per race would work well.

Again, these are still in the works and I will try to have the official announcement later tonight. Thank you guys for your patience.

h3ro

it was posted here, but no discussion. still, it was kind of an odd way to go about it, you'd think the registration would open with the announcement and release of the veloster DLC to help generate buzz

What a strange way to go about promoting the product.

Here's a new event for everyone!*

*not everyone

Jube, any chance of opening this back up? I just want an event to bring my Hyundai level up to 4 so I can get free upgrades on the rally car. :lol

nagge

Okay, I think I have settled on the Megane B Class as our Spec racer for the weekends and the Ferrari 355C A class as our Spec Time Trial Car.

I will have an update tonight about what upgrades are required for these cars.

I will also have an update about our races this weekend. I know it is later than usual, but it has taken a while to iron out all the stuff for the new Season.

We will be dropping the 1 lowest scoring weekend from each person to allow for bad luck and being unable to participate. I am also thinking we will do 2 Official races each weekend and maybe 1 unofficial race. Something like Tag or Soccer or Demo Derby.

Since we are doing 2 races, the length of each race will go up slightly. By how much I am still trying to determine. I am thinking 30 min per race would work well.

Again, these are still in the works and I will try to have the official announcement later tonight. Thank you guys for your patience.

Sounds good, I like the idea of longer races as opposed to more. Especially since it's getting the races started that seem to be the problem, once we're rolling there's no issues with the servers.

Will this coming Sunday be and official race? Hope not...

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I'm digging the Veloster. The fact that they added it to Autovista was a nice suprise as well. I hope they continue this with future DLC.

Sounds good, I like the idea of longer races as opposed to more. Especially since it's getting the races started that seem to be the problem, once we're rolling there's no issues with the servers.

Will this coming Sunday be and official race? Hope not...

Due to time delays, this weekend will be more of a "shakedown." Testing the new Spec cars and some other ideas. There will be no points awarded, but I will try to have prizes.

Seanspeed

Banned
Due to time delays, this weekend will be more of a "shakedown." Testing the new Spec cars and some other ideas. There will be no points awarded, but I will try to have prizes.

When is the season actually gonna start? I was hoping we were gonna take a bit of a break before jumping back into it.

I'm not gonna be able to race for the rest of the month, basically. Playoffs and then the Superbowl take priority, unfortunately. Especially with my team looking good. I mean, dont revolve anything around me of course, but I'll have to sit out if you're starting that soon.

When is the season actually gonna start? I was hoping we were gonna take a bit of a break before jumping back into it.

I'm not gonna be able to race for the rest of the month, basically. Playoffs and then the Superbowl take priority, unfortunately. Especially with my team looking good. I mean, dont revolve anything around me of course, but I'll have to sit out if you're starting that soon.

That is an excellent question. When would people like to start the next Season? Do you guys want a break and some non Official races for the weekends?

op_ivy

That is an excellent question. When would people like to start the next Season? Do you guys want a break and some non Official races for the weekends?

i dont really see a need for a break. obviously, this week is an exception, as there are details still waiting to be worked out.

zorbsie

I don't like the idea of longer races. More chances to mess up and ruin a great run at the end of a long race. Also, being a below average driver I'd like to say being lapped once in a race sucks. In a 30 minute race I could get lapped twice. I know, try not to suck, but it's still something to think about. Don't get me wrong, I see the appeal of the added stress a longer race brings. I'm still against the idea.

Babalu.

reposting for new page:

What is it?

Who is it?
This is open to all to join in on and our current interest stands at:

GAFname (GamerTag)
&#8730; Guest 1321 (Guest1321)
&#8730; Shortt Sirket (Shortt Sirket)
&#8730; DasRaven (DasRavenLive)
kazinova (kazinova)
U n i o n 0015 (Union 360)
Sneaky77 (sneaky77)

How will it work?
The way I have envisioned this working is by recording who owns what car (so as to ensure it makes it back to its owner), and then keeping track of who currently has the car. It will start with one person having all the cars sent to them, and then they will be passed on to whoever is next in line.

Current Situation
I've made a spreadsheet to help with recording vehicle ownership and possession as well as to outline the cars we will need: Guide to Tracking Ownership of Cars

Readme.txt
Side Notes:
- You cannot gift cars that were purchased with tokens!
- To gift cars you must have that person on your friends list!
- All cars have been accounted for at this point. We are not missing any. We don't need any help but you are welcome to join.
- If you already have the cars then that is great for you. The group of cars will be moved around together. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- More to come I'm sure...

Status Update:
- Snack misgifted the enzo, 330 (waiting 2 weeks for the return)
- Cars are pending transfer (dependent on REW138 acceptance of friend request)

I'm not sure if i'm allowed or not but I would love to get on the list. I'm not in the gaf club but I will probably join soon if I can. My friends don't even play anymore. I haven't done any online races yet because i'm still horrible but i'm learning.

Anyways my gamertag is BabaIu

Let me know if I can join the club and the achievement list. Thanks

G Rom

I should finally get my Internet problems sorted in the coming weeks. I hope I will be able to join you guys for this second season, especially if the Mégane RS and the F355C are the two spec cars, those are fantastic.
Coincidence or not, I actually saw a white Mégane RS in the street this morning. :)

Top Bottom