• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Quick post of my new Skyline Drifting :D

6680448961_7ea73e85d2_b.jpg

cool shot. i love the look of sedona, even if it isnt photorealistic. its certainly an improvement of fm3's CARS look though :p

AMUSIX

OK, so for the past few weeks, I've been debating on whether or not to make a brag post about the gift my wife gave me for Christmas...well, I've decided to do it, and do it in this thread for two reasons. The first is that you guys will absolutely be able to relate and understand my excitement. The second is that this gift was 100% inspired by Forza 4 and, beyond that, the specifics were chosen by using Autovista, and by doing in-game test drives.

The gift was this: a trip to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, where there's a company that will get you out onto a track in your selection of supercars. This isn't a ride-along, you actually get to drive the cars, and, really to the limit that the track will allow (the track is only a truncated infield or outfield course, 1.4 miles or so, but still fast enough at times for entrance into 4th gear.

Anyways, as I said, after doing what research we could in Forza (which was quite a bit) the cars we chose....

I will be driving:

2fgdX.jpg
TlKYM.jpg
wzRNs.jpg

My wife will be driving:

2sC69.jpg
zPdD4.jpg
7Me5I.jpg

I hope this isn't too far off topic, but, honestly, Forza proved quite helpful in choosing cars, especially for her, as she wasn't as knowledgeable of these cars. What's that they said? Making car lovers out of gamers? Certainly worked here...

op_ivy

if you don't mind me asking - how much does something like that set you back, per person?

AMUSIX

It depends on which cars you choose, and how many laps you do. Taking a Corvette Grand Sport out for 5 laps is $200. Five laps in a Gallardo would be $300. Our selections above include some of their newest/nicest cars, and quite a few more laps, went about $1000 a person.

The big cost is when my wife comes back demanding that we need to buy a 458.

G Rom

When I began reading your post (I'm on mobile gaf with tap-to-show-pictures) and saw "brag post", I thought "well here comes another post about a guy getting a full wheel setup that I'll be jealous of". Then I read further and revealed the photos. So now I'm 1000x more jealous than if it was another wheel setup post. :lol
I hope you both enjoy your time, must be fantastic to drive such beasts on a real track. :)

It depends on which cars you choose, and how many laps you do. Taking a Corvette Grand Sport out for 5 laps is $200. Five laps in a Gallardo would be $300. Our selections above include some of their newest/nicest cars, and quite a few more laps, went about $1000 a person.

I would spend $1000 to drive those cars in a heartbeat.

Personally, I'd swap the Scuderia with your wife and get yourself into that 458!

AMUSIX

I would spend $1000 to drive those cars in a heartbeat.

Personally, I'd swap the Scuderia with your wife and get yourself into that 458!

We decided to do all different cars, I got the Aventador, she got the 458.

Other cars they had were the new 911TurboS, a Nissan GTR, a Murcielago, and an Aston Martin Vantage

Shaneus

I can't believe how stupidly cheap that is. For that experience... wow.

Afterwards, you should ask why none of them have 900-degree steering ;)

Okay, here are the two Spec cars and their required updates:

Weekend Spec Races
* 2010 Renault Megane RS 250
* Race Brakes
* Race Suspension
* Race Weight Reduction
* Full Roll Cage
* NO aero

This makes it a B481, which gives 19PI to play with. This will allow a bit more "customizing" to fit each players style.

Time Trial Spec Races
* 1995 Ferrari F355 Challenge
* Racing brakes
* Full Forza Aero
* Race Weight Reduction
* Race Tires

Yes, that makes it a full A600. You can add an LSD and gain a point to play with, but this will essentially be a "stock car" race. I will try to have someone get a nice base tune up on the storefront for those who aren't very good at tuning.

Edit: Also, would anyone be willing to make another Livery for our Megane Spec Races?
---------------------------------------------------------------

Now I know this won't make everyone happy, but I feel it is a nice compromise to what people were asking for. I have also toyed with the idea of PI penalties/gifts to make things more even. Without SarBear and Seanspeed (for a bit), Ox might be all alone up front and I am sure he does not enjoy that any more than we do. lol I am thinking about ONLY doing it for the Spec Weekend races, but maybe a small PI boost to those who come in last or close to last and a small penalty to those who keep winning. If there is enough of an outcry against this, I won't implement it. But the biggest thing I want to do with this is to keep it fun and interesting for EVERY person involved. And both running away with each race and being lapped each race is not exactly fun.

I will have a full update with what 2 races we will be doing this weekend as well as other "fun" races we might run tomorrow late morning. Since there is not much planning time, these will not be counted for points but I will try to offer some prizes from the Club Coffers.

Also, if you had any ideas for "themed" races please PM me. I would love to have a nice hat of ideas to pull out of in case I can't think of anything decent.

Thanks again for all your help guys and here is to hoping that Season 2 of the SarBear Memorial Weekend Racing League will be both fun and a success.

sneaky77

When I began reading your post (I'm on mobile gaf with tap-to-show-pictures) and saw "brag post", I thought "well here comes another post about a guy getting a full wheel setup that I'll be jealous of". Then I read further and revealed the photos. So now I'm 1000x more jealous than if it was another wheel setup post. :lol
I hope you both enjoy your time, must be fantastic to drive such beasts on a real track. :)

At first I thought he was gonna say he got that car as a christmas gift until I read the whole thing lol

op_ivy

forza motorsport 4 has been out for 3 months (in NA) as of today and i thought it would be a good time to post some of our stats and preferences. please copy and paste, or quote, and add your own for easy compiling.

Percentage of Career Complete - 54.6%
Distance Driven - 6,413.66 miles
Time Driven - 77 h 26:41
Time Spent Editing Liveries - 16 h 54:44
Time Spent Tuning - 1 h 4:42
Time Spent in the Menus - 67 h 49:56 (lol, i love those homespace screen savers!)

Highest Affinity Manufacturer and Level - Lancia, level 28
Most Driven Car and Mileage - Lancia Stratos, 1,401.76 miles

Favorite Car, Any Class - Lancia Stratos. It launches like a bat out of hell, accelerates like mad, has crazy turn in, and is tail happy. Such a joy to drive and is quite competitive in D, C, B, A, and S classes. plus, its so hideous its beautiful. =)

Favorite Circuit - Infineon Raceway, Long Course

Seanspeed

Banned
I've got like 50 hours of driving, 30 hours of menus, and I'm only about 8% complete in the career. Only have 3 checks on the event list.

skyfinch

Percentage of Career Complete - 71.4%
Distance Driven - 8,823 miles
Time Driven - 97 h 28:39
Time Spent Editing Liveries - 3 h 10:11
Time Spent Tuning - 6:26 :p
Time Spent in the Menus - 18 h 4:22

Highest Affinity Manufacturer and Level - Ferrari level 50
Most Driven Car and Mileage - Ferrari #83 F430GT, 689.40 miles

Favorite Car, Any Class - Mazda Dyson Racing. I only like racing faster class.

Favorite Circuit - Nurburgring Nordschleife

guest1321

I'm not sure if i'm allowed or not but I would love to get on the list. I'm not in the gaf club but I will probably join soon if I can. My friends don't even play anymore. I haven't done any online races yet because i'm still horrible but i'm learning.

Anyways my gamertag is BabaIu

Let me know if I can join the club and the achievement list. Thanks

Not a problem man! Added you to the list.

G Rom

Percentage of Career Complete - 23.9%
Distance Driven - 5,336.82 miles
Time Driven - 67 h 26:25
Time Spent Editing Liveries - 8 h 15:38
Time Spent Tuning - 29:10
Time Spent in the Menus - 124 h 19:38
Number of cars in the garage : 296

Highest Affinity Manufacturer and Level - Chevrolet level 18
Most Driven Car and Mileage - Jaguar #33 RSR XKR GT, 305.76 miles

Favorite Car, Any Class - too many to count but I really like the Cobra Daytona Coupe, the 360 Modena and the F355C, all in A Class. They all handle like a dream.

Favorite Circuit - Infineon Raceway Long

nagge

Okay, here are the two Spec cars and their required updates:

Weekend Spec Races
* 2010 Renault Megane RS 250
* Race Brakes
* Race Suspension
* Race Weight Reduction
* Full Roll Cage
* NO aero

This makes it a B481, which gives 19PI to play with. This will allow a bit more "customizing" to fit each players style.

Time Trial Spec Races
* 1995 Ferrari F355 Challenge
* Racing brakes
* Full Forza Aero
* Race Weight Reduction
* Race Tires

Yes, that makes it a full A600. You can add an LSD and gain a point to play with, but this will essentially be a "stock car" race. I will try to have someone get a nice base tune up on the storefront for those who aren't very good at tuning.

Edit: Also, would anyone be willing to make another Livery for our Megane Spec Races?
---------------------------------------------------------------

Now I know this won't make everyone happy, but I feel it is a nice compromise to what people were asking for. I have also toyed with the idea of PI penalties/gifts to make things more even. Without SarBear and Seanspeed (for a bit), Ox might be all alone up front and I am sure he does not enjoy that any more than we do. lol I am thinking about ONLY doing it for the Spec Weekend races, but maybe a small PI boost to those who come in last or close to last and a small penalty to those who keep winning. If there is enough of an outcry against this, I won't implement it. But the biggest thing I want to do with this is to keep it fun and interesting for EVERY person involved. And both running away with each race and being lapped each race is not exactly fun.

I will have a full update with what 2 races we will be doing this weekend as well as other "fun" races we might run tomorrow late morning. Since there is not much planning time, these will not be counted for points but I will try to offer some prizes from the Club Coffers.

Also, if you had any ideas for "themed" races please PM me. I would love to have a nice hat of ideas to pull out of in case I can't think of anything decent.

Thanks again for all your help guys and here is to hoping that Season 2 of the SarBear Memorial Weekend Racing League will be both fun and a success.

Haha, I'll start sandbagging ;)
The idea of giving a few extra PI to the last finishers every week sounds reasonable, would be a pain to have to change your tune as some sort of penalty for winning so I think the other way is better.

I don't like a penalty system though, I think we should all play on equal terms.

Oh, and I assume keeping the Megane FWD is required?

whoops!
I may a tiny bit of a boo boo and accidentally gifted two cars back to DAS RAVEN instead of forwarding them on to DREWZ. There GT's were right next to each others and I accidentally hit 'a' the first time to make the mistake, and because i was conscious of it, i damn well did it again.

I have sent Das Raven a message on XBL explaining this and hopefully he will get back to me ASAP. If not, can STEPHEN_DREWZ please let me know which two did not get to him and i will reimburse by purchasing the two cars needed.

My biggest apologies guys, it was a stupid accident, but hopefully it can be sorted quickly.

All the rest of the cars should have dropped to STEPHEN_DREWZ inbox by now though.

Really sorry.

kazinova

That means I'm next, hopefully the cars make it through Drew tonight so I can get them to the next person. I'm sending out the friend request right now.

Just finishing up a few rounds of Tekken with a friend and ill go accept all the cars and update the doc.

Das Raven - Feel free to add me on XBL if you wish to send the cars onwards. Probably the easiest way.

Mascot

OK, so for the past few weeks, I've been debating on whether or not to make a brag post about the gift my wife gave me for Christmas...well, I've decided to do it, and do it in this thread for two reasons. The first is that you guys will absolutely be able to relate and understand my excitement. The second is that this gift was 100% inspired by Forza 4 and, beyond that, the specifics were chosen by using Autovista, and by doing in-game test drives.

The gift was this: a trip to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, where there's a company that will get you out onto a track in your selection of supercars. This isn't a ride-along, you actually get to drive the cars, and, really to the limit that the track will allow (the track is only a truncated infield or outfield course, 1.4 miles or so, but still fast enough at times for entrance into 4th gear.

Wow, sounds awesome, Amusix. Something similar this is on my 'to-do' list for the next year or two.
Look forward to hearing your detailed impressions..!

ruxtpin

Banned
Any room if the GAF club? I'd like to try and participate in some of the races if there's room as well (and as my time allows).

Edit: OR does anyone have a little mini-nonofficial-GAF club going? I need to find a few regulars =)

G Rom

Is there any indication when EA's Porsche exclusivity expires?
I heard a whisper that there were "big things" incoming for FM4 DLC, and thought Porsche might form part of that.
If I was on a computer I'd try to find the exact quote but I'm pretty sure that BADNED crushed that dream a while back. He said something along the lines of "there's several more years to wait"... :-/

Edit : I wish I could help with the Ferrari, I actually have the California and the GTO... :(

If I was on a computer I'd try to find the exact quote but I'm pretty sure that BADNED crushed that dream a while back. He said something along the lines of "there's several more years to wait"... :-/

Edit : I wish I could help with the Ferrari, I actually have the California and the GTO... :(

Considering the cars got sent to someone who has been part of this achievement business it makes sense to wait for them to be found and sent back to me so its all together in one big group again.

Its not like the first time where the cars got sent to a non-gaffer that doesnt play Forza.

Yup, I got them. Accept my friendreq and I'll send them to you this afternoon.
Then just send the whole set to the next person.

Edit: Looks like you're on, I'll send them now.

Thanks got them.

Cars have now been sent to Kazinova. Please update the spreadsheet when you get them to assure you have all the cars.

Does anyone have the 2011 STI and dont use it? I would really like to have a play with this car but unfortunately I didnt get any of the codes for it at launch.

Does anyone have the 2011 STI and dont use it? I would really like to have a play with this car but unfortunately I didnt get any of the codes for it at launch.

Unfortunately, you have to get someone to give you the code; gifting you any of the preorder cars that you haven't unlocked with a code doesn't work. These cars are in the club garage and you simply can't use them. :(

Unfortunately, you have to get someone to give you the code; gifting you any of the preorder cars that you haven't unlocked with a code doesn't work. These cars are in the club garage and you simply can't use them. :(

Ah yeah, didn't think of that. Tempted to get off eBay for 10$. Code from the UK though, better find out if this will actually work or not first.

I'd just wait. Sooner or later T10 will release them separately. Or bundle them in an Ultimate collection, which if it follows their previous pattern of releases, will come in October-ish.

G Rom

Awesome video saladine. Such an amazing racetrack ! I honestly don't understand why it isn't more featured in games... :-/

legbone

i really hope the "first season" of the season pass is cars and the second is tracks or a mix of like each pack being one track with five cars per month. i'm not sure if they even have a second season planned but that's what i hope for. i really would like some new tracks. heck, i may be crazy, but i think i might even pay 10 bucks for bathurst alone!

EVENT TYPES (3):

SeBring the heat

Track
  • Sebring International (Full Circuit) - 12 Laps
Restrictions
  • 2010 Renault Megane RS 250
  • Class - B500
  • Race Brakes
  • Race Suspension
  • Race Weight Reduction
  • Full Roll Cage
  • NO aero
  • Must keep FWD
  • Must have Race Number

Mother Truckers!

Track
  • Maple Valley (Full Circuit) - 15 Laps
Restrictions
  • Body Type Must be SUV or Truck
  • Class - A600
  • Min Weight - 4000lbs
  • NO El Camino, Syclone or Typhoon

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

Track
  • TBA
Restrictions
  • Country must be USA
  • Body Type must be Muscle Car
  • A600
  • This will be DEMOLITION DERBY!

These are unofficial races and will not count for points. There will be prizes however!

guest1321

What is it?
So as some of you are aware I am trying to put together a group of ForzaGAF members to come together and help one and other in getting the ridiculous achievements that are Ferrari Collector and Exclusive Taste.

Who is it?
This is open to all to join in on and our current interest stands at:

GAFname (GamerTag)
----------------------------------
√ Guest 1321 (Guest1321)
√ Shortt Sirket (Shortt Sirket)
&#8730; Vindictive Gnome (VindictiveGnome) <--- no space, i messed it up earlier
&#8730; h3ro (munkeyhero)
&#8730; op_ivy (LoopOfHenle)
&#8730; gragy10 (Granholme)
&#8730; snack (The Japanator)
&#8730; DasRaven (DasRavenLive)
&#8730; evil_as_skeletor (REW138)
&#8730; Stephen_drewz (DreWz12000)
&#8730; kazinova (kazinova)
&#8730; LoveAndBeer (LoveAndBeer)
&#8730; U n i o n 0015 (Union 360)
Sneaky77 (sneaky77)
BabaIu (BabaIu) <--- that is I ,"eye", not an L....
Almost Milk (AlmostMilk)

How will it work?
The way I have envisioned this working is by recording who owns what car (so as to ensure it makes it back to its owner), and then keeping track of who currently has the car. It will start with one person having all the cars sent to them, and then they will be passed on to whoever is next in line.

Current Situation
I've made a spreadsheet to help with recording vehicle ownership and possession as well as to outline the cars we will need: Guide to Tracking Ownership of Cars

Readme.txt
Side Notes:
- You cannot gift cars that were purchased with tokens!
- To gift cars you must have that person on your friends list!
- All cars have been accounted for at this point. We are not missing any. We don't need any help but you are welcome to join.
- If you already have the cars then that is great for you. The group of cars will be moved around together. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Friend Requests on Xbox DO NOT appear like they used to. You must go into friends menu to see them.
- More to come I'm sure...

Status Update:
- Snack misgifted the Ferrari Enzo and Ferrari 330 P4 (waiting 2 weeks for the return)
- DasRaven has offered his 330 and enzo to keep things moving along
- Cars are awaiting transfer (pending Sneaky's friend acceptance)

Restrictions
  • 2010 Renault Megane RS 250
  • Class - B500
  • Race Brakes
  • Race Suspension
  • Race Weight Reduction
  • Full Roll Cage
  • NO aero
  • Must have Race Number

Does it have to stay FWD?

Also about the trucks: evil! The only one unlikely to roll over is the El Camino, but instead of rolling over, it spins like a top. You also can't get it up to A600 and keep it above 4000lbs.

Also about the trucks: evil! The only one unlikely to roll over is the El Camino, but instead of rolling over, it spins like a top. You also can't get it up to A600 and keep it above 4000lbs.

Yes, it has to be FWD. I will amend it.

And that was the point. I didnt want the El Camino, Typhoon or Cyclone to be eligible since the other ones are so heavy. I want some possible roll overs, which is why I chose Maple Valley. Hit some of those curbs wrong and you will be in trouble!

Seanspeed

Banned

I dont think I'd consider an El Camino a truck anyways. Its based on a car chassis.

Top Bottom