• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Muerte_X

So, how fast should these SUVs/Trucks get around Maple Valley? I had one SUV in my garage, so I went with that, the Jeep SRT8. I can get it around under 1:50, but wonder if I need to test out a bunch of the other options. What are you all going with? Any ringers in the bunch? I know this race will probably devolve into a derby anyway, but I'm just curious.

With the Ford Raptor I could get a 1:48. I used some BMW suv, X5M? And could get 1:43 1:44's pretty consistent if i didnt roll it, lol. If i strung all my best turns together, mught be able to squeak out a 1:42. But i don't know if I could pull it off.

With the Ford Raptor I could get a 1:48. I used some BMW suv, X5M? And could get 1:43 1:44's pretty consistent if i didnt roll it, lol. If i strung all my best turns together, mught be able to squeak out a 1:42. But i don't know if I could pull it off.

Well I don't think my Jeep is going to make the cut then. I'll have to check some others out, maybe the Touareg, the BMWs, and the Merc.

Also might see just how long it takes a souped up H1 to get around the track. Doubt it can even be upped to anywhere near A600 though. Whaddya say Muerte, post your best H1 time and win...a cookie? No clean laps required, drive wherever you please! EDIT: 2:13.565 in the stock Hummer.

That quick with the BMW, huh? I'll need to go back to the drawing board. Only 46s with the ML Merc. I'm kind of surprised because it's done up to the hilt, and the BMW seemed like it wasn't going to have nearly the upgrade legs. Hmmm.

My lap wasn't all that great, and I've got the aero kind of cranked, so maybe I shouldn't give up on the big Benz that easily. I'll try again tomorrow with no aero bits on it.

I also did up my Mégane tonight, and for the first time I really sat down and tested multiple different upgrade paths on a car. I learned a couple of things that surprised me. I found 3/4 second around Sebring just by deviating from my usual group of go-to parts. Gearboxes for instance - kind of useless. Even after tinkering away at the ratios, it doesn't seem to actually translate to time. I was much better off getting some extra power with my 6 PIs, or whatever.

That quick with the BMW, huh? I'll need to go back to the drawing board. Only 46s with the ML Merc. I'm kind of surprised because it's done up to the hilt, and the BMW seemed like it wasn't going to have nearly the upgrade legs. Hmmm.

My lap wasn't all that great, and I've got the aero kind of cranked, so maybe I shouldn't give up on the big Benz that easily. I'll try again tomorrow with no aero bits on it.

I also did up my Mégane tonight, and for the first time I really sat down and tested multiple different upgrade paths on a car. I learned a couple of things that surprised me. I found 3/4 second around Sebring just by deviating from my usual group of go-to parts. Gearboxes for instance - kind of useless. Even after tinkering away at the ratios, it doesn't seem to actually translate to time. I was much better off getting some extra power with my 6 PIs, or whatever.

Yeah, the gearboxes I've found are really a case by case basis thing. Certain cars at certain tracks I have seen a noticeable time gain, but most of the time it's negligible. Seems to help most if you find you're stuck in between gears consistently throughout a track. Being able to stay in the meaty part of a good gear for large parts of a track can pay off.

nagge

Smell the diesel fumes, 1:42.705!

Red line at 4500rpm, wooohooo.

Edit: turned pretty much the same exact time i the X5 now

nagge

Ooh, the X5 is pretty good... Now if I can just find a way to get some shiny rims on it, I might be set. :)

Yea it's pretty fast.

I'm having a hard time setting a clean lap on Sebring, and also a hard time nailing that final corner...

Kaz request accepted and Union request sent.

Note: no email message of the friends request or anything showing up in the dashboard. Only found the request when I went to the guide button Friend list, rather annoying.

Request accepted.

BTW can someone send me a link to the Google doc for the car swap?

shinnn

Is there a way to download bigshots faster? My download is always limited to 35kb/s.

6298255evbs.jpg

6292464whwkf.jpg

6291909ufvll.jpg

forzabigshot56tb5xb.jpg

Request accepted
Union 360 was just sent the cars, as you accept them update the tracking spreadsheet please.

One note: as I was sending the cars I was marking off a printed list and at the end hadn't checked off the 2004 F430, however all the pink cars in my collection were gone (great idea on the color scheme btw), so I'm assuming I sent it and just missed the check mark.

IF there is an F430 missing (not sure how that would happen since last night) let me know and I'll contribute one to the collection. Again though, I'm assuming/hoping I just missed it on my check sheet. I put an * on the spreadsheet in the F430's ownership notes as a reminder of which car I hadn't checked off.

Let me know either way please Union. Also big thanks to guest1321 for setting all of this up.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Union 360 was just sent the cars, as you accept them update the tracking spreadsheet please.

One note: as I was sending the cars I was marking off a printed list and at the end hadn't checked off the 2004 F430, however all the pink cars in my collection were gone (great idea on the color scheme btw), so I'm assuming I sent it and just missed the check mark.

IF there is an F430 missing (not sure how that would happen since last night) let me know and I'll contribute one to the collection. Again though, I'm assuming/hoping I just missed it on my check sheet. I put an * on the spreadsheet in the F430's ownership notes as a reminder of which car I hadn't checked off.

Let me know either way please Union. Also big thanks to guest1321 for setting all of this up.

it may be a disc 2 car and therefore isnt needed for the achievement

Just got all the cars. The pink F430 is there.

I just sent a friend request to Sneaky77...as soon as he accepts, I will send him all the cars.

Both achievements unlocked, thanks guys!

FYI, I'm headed out to a motorcycle show and then a dinner party, so I probably won't be back home until tomorrow (Sunday) around 1 PM EST.

Has a time for Sunday been decided yet?

And if we're doing the roll call thing, I'm in. Assuming it's around the same time as usual.

Muerte_X

Well I don't think my Jeep is going to make the cut then. I'll have to check some others out, maybe the Touareg, the BMWs, and the Merc.

Also might see just how long it takes a souped up H1 to get around the track. Doubt it can even be upped to anywhere near A600 though. Whaddya say Muerte, post your best H1 time and win...a cookie? No clean laps required, drive wherever you please! EDIT: 2:13.565 in the stock Hummer.
In a stock or modified H1? That's gonna be one boring lap, lol. I'll try it later on today

Yeah, surprised with the BMW myself, its super quiet driving it around with so little mods, but the lap times are so much better.

Also, in for the races tomorrow, if you need the confirmation.

In a stock or modified H1? That's gonna be one boring lap, lol. I'll try it later on today

Yeah, surprised with the BMW myself, its super quiet driving it around with so little mods, but the lap times are so much better.

I was thinking with any and all upgrades applied, how fast can it possibly get around... I just posted my stock time for reference I guess. Haven't tried with upgrades yet either.

guest1321

So how do I get on the list to get the cars for the achievement? I looked around but didn't find anything.

I can add you to the list. Just PM me your gamer tag if it isn't already in your GAF profile.
Just got all the cars. The pink F430 is there.

I just sent a friend request to Sneaky77...as soon as he accepts, I will send him all the cars.

Both achievements unlocked, thanks guys!

FYI, I'm headed out to a motorcycle show and then a dinner party, so I probably won't be back home until tomorrow (Sunday) around 1 PM EST.

Thanks for the update, I'll adjust the spreadsheet as well as the main post.

it may be a disc 2 car and therefore isnt needed for the achievement

Double checked and it is required. I guess everything was sorted out but I definitely recall giving an F430 a fresh pink paint job.

EVENT TYPES (3):

Time - 2:30EST on Sunday!

SeBring the heat

Track
  • Sebring International (Full Circuit) - 12 Laps
Restrictions
  • 2010 Renault Megane RS 250
  • Class - B500
  • Race Brakes
  • Race Suspension
  • Race Weight Reduction
  • Full Roll Cage
  • NO aero
  • Must keep FWD
  • Must have Race Number

Mother Truckers!

Track
  • Maple Valley (Full Circuit) - 15 Laps
Restrictions
  • Body Type Must be SUV or Truck
  • Class - A600
  • Min Weight - 4000lbs
  • NO El Camino, Syclone or Typhoon

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

Track
  • TBA
Restrictions
  • Country must be USA
  • Body Type must be Muscle Car
  • A600
  • NEW - Must have Roll Cage
  • NEW - Must have Race Weight Reduction
  • This will be DEMOLITION DERBY!

These are unofficial races and will not count for points. There will be prizes however!

No confirmation needed, but expect the beginning of Season 2 proper next Sunday. I will have the official race announcements on late Mon Night or Tues Morning.

Edit: Added 2 new requirements for the Demo Derby. Need to protect those virtual drivers after all! And this is just to iron out issues, I will NOT make changes like this so close to an actual race.

eso76

No, I'm pretty sure the C4 was fixed since launch.

Well, shame on me for not noticing until now then, after making a huge deal of it being wrong in Fm3 and GT5. This certainly settles the Fm4 vs Gt5 debate once and for all.

Also: car in the shadow - crank up exposure = generally amazing photos.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I haven't been posting here because I've had my Forza thread tab fixated on SarBear's photography guide. Good stuff man.

Also another free Hyundai pack? Awesome stuff. Checking out now. AV car is a surprise though.

Car: H1 Alpha (A530)
Track: Maple Valley Full Circuit
Previous World Record: Unattempted
New World Record: 1:50.921*

(*dirty lap, but no rewind)

I'm actually surprised it's anywhere near that time, heh. Also surprisingly easy to get into a catastrophic rollover, even with a "race" weight of 6,000lbs+. It sounds like a a piece of industrial construction equipment with all the modifications.

G Rom

Thanks for the comments. :)
Nice pics, enzo, I really like the Impala one ! :eek:

Excellent! There's something about Tsukuba in particular that lends itself to great pics.

Tsukuba has always been the most realistic looking track in all Forza. Even during FM2's bloom fest, you could get some decent shots there. Some textures are showing there age though, mostly the skid marks (as seen in the group shot in the bottom right). The terrible filtering doesn't help either. :-/
Hopefully next gen Forza will have 16x AF along better textures, it will be god sent in photos and replay !

guest1321

What is it?
So as some of you are aware I am trying to put together a group of ForzaGAF members to come together and help one and other in getting the ridiculous achievements that are Ferrari Collector and Exclusive Taste.

Who is it?
This is open to all to join in on and our current interest stands at:

GAFname (GamerTag)
----------------------------------
√ Guest 1321 (Guest1321)
√ Shortt Sirket (Shortt Sirket)
&#8730; Vindictive Gnome (VindictiveGnome) <--- no space, i messed it up earlier
&#8730; h3ro (munkeyhero)
&#8730; op_ivy (LoopOfHenle)
&#8730; gragy10 (Granholme)
&#8730; snack (The Japanator)
&#8730; DasRaven (DasRavenLive)
&#8730; evil_as_skeletor (REW138)
&#8730; Stephen_drewz (DreWz12000)
&#8730; kazinova (kazinova)
&#8730; LoveAndBeer (LoveAndBeer)
&#8730; U n i o n 0015 (Union 360)
&#8730; Sneaky77 (sneaky77)
&#8730; BabaIu (BabaIu) <--- that is I ,"eye", not an L....
&#8730; Almost Milk (AlmostMilk)
&#8730; enzo_gt (arvinater)
&#8730; trinest (trinest)
&#8730; user_nat (nanaw)

How will it work?
The way I have envisioned this working is by recording who owns what car (so as to ensure it makes it back to its owner), and then keeping track of who currently has the car. It will start with one person having all the cars sent to them, and then they will be passed on to whoever is next in line.

Current Situation
I've made a spreadsheet to help with recording vehicle ownership and possession as well as to outline the cars we will need: Guide to Tracking Ownership of Cars

Readme.txt
Side Notes:
- You cannot gift cars that were purchased with tokens!
- To gift cars you must have that person on your friends list!
- All cars have been accounted for at this point. We are not missing any. We don't need any help but you are welcome to join.
- If you already have the cars then that is great for you. The group of cars will be moved around together. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Friend Requests on Xbox DO NOT appear like they used to. You must go into friends menu to see them.
- ADD THE PERSON BELOW YOU BEFORE THE CARS GET TO YOU TO MAKE THINGS FASTER
- More to come I'm sure...

Status Update:
- Snack misgifted the Ferrari Enzo and Ferrari 330 P4 (waiting 2 weeks for the return)
- DasRaven has offered his 330 and enzo to keep things moving along
- Looks like we have cleared the list. If you are wanting to get on the list speak now or forever wish you had.

sneaky77

Union, I accepted your friend request, I didnt a msg from you here sorry if I missed it. I went ahead and added babaiu in preparation

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hey guest1321, can I join?

enzo_gt (arvinater)

I'm willing to help out and send credits to people who have helped buy all the cars initially if any of y'all want!

Thanks for the comments. :)
Nice pics, enzo, I really like the Impala one ! :eek:
Thanks man, nearly missed your post, dat scooby and Huarya! Sexy stuff.

Babalu.

i'm here and on until probably 12-1am PST.

But tomorrow I will be at church and then watching the football games at a friends until night. Just giving you a heads up sneaky.

I will definitely be hosting the races today, but don't expect a lot out of me. I had some pretty bad dental surgery this weekend so I am in constant pain and will probably be drugged up for the races.

Currently I am watching Senna on Netflix (for like the 10th time) because I can't sleep with the pain. Hopefully I will be coherent and awake for the races today.

Good luck to everyone!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
couple shots from some event races yesterday. i really hate the limited number of slots you can hold on your storefront - i'm always out of space and hate to remove some of my favorites.

6701448897_85f2f456e9_b.jpg

6701451823_b914cc65fe_b.jpg

Muerte_X

Car: H1 Alpha (A530)
Previous World Record: Unattempted
New World Record: 1:50.921*

(*dirty lap, but no rewind)

I'm actually surprised it's anywhere near that time, heh. Also surprisingly easy to get into a catastrophic rollover, even with a "race" weight of 6,000lbs+. It sounds like a a piece of industrial construction equipment with all the modifications.
I managed a 1:49.977, clean lap even. (i don't use rewind either)My PI was only 525... I could've done better, I was on 2 wheels on the 2nd to last turn. But you're right It's way easier roll than I imagined, being so heavy and wide. It's not as bad as I would've thought though. I also.think its hilarious that its so big that its casts its own shadow completely over the hood. (i drive in hood view most the time)

I managed a 1:49.977, clean lap even. (i don't use rewind either)My PI was only 525... I could've done better, I was on 2 wheels on the 2nd to last turn. But you're right It's way easier roll than I imagined, being so heavy and wide. It's not as bad as I would've thought though. I also.think its hilarious that its so big that its casts its own shadow completely over the hood. (i drive in hood view most the time)

That's pretty good! I tried a few more laps trying to stay clean and couldn't get back to 1:50. Maybe I'll tune it a bit and try again later.

Car: Hummer H1 Alpha (A)
Previous World: 1:50.921
New World Record: 1:49.977*
(*clean lap)

Hahahahaha, I just fired up Forza again after supper, and found I'd won some auctions - for A600 SUVs that I was going to test for this afternoon's race...

Top Bottom