• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
What is it?
So as some of you are aware I am trying to put together a group of ForzaGAF members to come together and help one and other in getting the ridiculous achievements that are Ferrari Collector and Exclusive Taste.

Can I join in? I only need the few most expensive ones, minus the gift cars.

user_nat (nanaw)

guest1321

Can I join in? I only need the few most expensive ones, minus the gift cars.

user_nat (nanaw)

As per the post the cars get passed around together to avoid unnecessary confusion. If you would like to participate you must accept all the cars and pass them on to the next person.

Thank you to everyone that showed up today for the races. Sorry if I was a bit out of it, the drugs were starting to wear off toward the end and the pain was intense.

Hopefully we will have more participants when Season 2 officially starts next Sunday.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
I been messing around with my capture card and found a way to keep the car in colour while 98% of the scenery is black and white, the results:

FV1Rc.jpg

Works in motion too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuT4HvH0mh4

Damn hot.

new filter setting for FM 5.

Thank you to everyone that showed up today for the races. Sorry if I was a bit out of it, the drugs were starting to wear off toward the end and the pain was intense.

Hopefully we will have more participants when Season 2 officially starts next Sunday.

Thanks for showing up despite your condition. It was fun. Hope the drugs are helping.

And, here are some shots from our demolition derby "race"...

BEFORE:

AFTER:

"That should buff right out..."

Somebody's mirror.

Mayhem

What is it?
So as some of you are aware I am trying to put together a group of ForzaGAF members to come together and help one and other in getting the ridiculous achievements that are Ferrari Collector and Exclusive Taste.

Who is it?
This is open to all to join in on and our current interest stands at:

GAFname (GamerTag)
----------------------------------
√ Guest 1321 (Guest1321)
√ Shortt Sirket (Shortt Sirket)
&#8730; Vindictive Gnome (VindictiveGnome) <--- no space, i messed it up earlier
&#8730; h3ro (munkeyhero)
&#8730; op_ivy (LoopOfHenle)
&#8730; gragy10 (Granholme)
&#8730; snack (The Japanator)
&#8730; DasRaven (DasRavenLive)
&#8730; evil_as_skeletor (REW138)
&#8730; Stephen_drewz (DreWz12000)
&#8730; kazinova (kazinova)
&#8730; LoveAndBeer (LoveAndBeer)
&#8730; U n i o n 0015 (Union 360)
&#8730; Sneaky77 (sneaky77)
BabaIu (BabaIu) <--- that is I ,"eye", not an L....
Almost Milk (AlmostMilk)
enzo_gt (arvinater)
trinest (trinest)
user_nat (nanaw)

How will it work?
The way I have envisioned this working is by recording who owns what car (so as to ensure it makes it back to its owner), and then keeping track of who currently has the car. It will start with one person having all the cars sent to them, and then they will be passed on to whoever is next in line.

Current Situation
I've made a spreadsheet to help with recording vehicle ownership and possession as well as to outline the cars we will need: Guide to Tracking Ownership of Cars

Readme.txt
Side Notes:
- You cannot gift cars that were purchased with tokens!
- To gift cars you must have that person on your friends list!
- All cars have been accounted for at this point. We are not missing any. We don't need any help but you are welcome to join.
- If you already have the cars then that is great for you. The group of cars will be moved around together. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Friend Requests on Xbox DO NOT appear like they used to. You must go into friends menu to see them.
- ADD THE PERSON BELOW YOU BEFORE THE CARS GET TO YOU TO MAKE THINGS FASTER
- More to come I'm sure...

Status Update:
- Snack misgifted the Ferrari Enzo and Ferrari 330 P4 (waiting 2 weeks for the return)
- DasRaven has offered his 330 and enzo to keep things moving along
- Cars have been sent to babaIu

I saw BabaIu got his achievements already and didn't send me a friend request. So I sent him one and am awaiting acceptance. If he sends them to me tomorrow, then I will probably not be able to send them out til later that night because I work most of the day. But seeing how the list is moving so fast already, it won't alter the pace too much.

Loxley

I finally picked this up (installing now), I was shocked at how much I enjoyed Forza 3 - made it to Level 32 before putting it down to play other games - since I tend to dislike racing games and know jack shit about cars. I never touched the multiplayer at all out of intimidation, but I may actually give it a try this time around.

Loxley, did you receive your free cars for importing your Forza 3 profile? Because at level 32...you would receive:

2010 Abarth 500 Esseesse
2010 Ford Focus RS
2010 Chevy Camaro SS
2010 Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro
2009 Bugatti Veyron 16.4
#92 BMW Rahal Letterman Racing M3 GT2

No strings attached: Import profile, get free cars in career mode.

Loxley

Loxley, did you receive your free cars for importing your Forza 3 profile? Because at level 32...you would receive:

2010 Abarth 500 Esseesse
2010 Ford Focus RS
2010 Chevy Camaro SS
2010 Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro
2009 Bugatti Veyron 16.4
#92 BMW Rahal Letterman Racing M3 GT2

No strings attached: Import profile, get free cars in career mode.

I did indeed! That was a nice surprise, I didn't expect my time in Forza 3 to carry over in any way.

I've done a few of the amateur races and man this game is pretty; Forza 3 impressed the hell out of me with it's 60 fps, and 4 is no different. I also really dig the Alps track that Turn 10 made, great track to open the game with (of course allowing me to drive a Ferrari first thing didn't hurt my opinion of the track either).

Caddle

That's me in the red camaro bitches. I have to give it to T10, the modeling on the muscle car especially the suspension is sublime.

OrangeOak

couple shots from some event races yesterday. i really hate the limited number of slots you can hold on your storefront - i'm always out of space and hate to remove some of my favorites.

6701448897_85f2f456e9_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7174/6701451823_b914cc65fe_b.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I love this first shot,amazing !

Babalu.

I saw BabaIu got his achievements already and didn't send me a friend request. So I sent him one and am awaiting acceptance. If he sends them to me tomorrow, then I will probably not be able to send them out til later that night because I work most of the day. But seeing how the list is moving so fast already, it won't alter the pace too much.

All cars have been sent to AlmostMilk. Thanks for all the help.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I've accepted AlmostMilk's friend request and sent one to trinest ahead of time.

Also, no hard feelings if I delete y'all afterwards? My friends list is filled to the brim and I need to make some space for some family still.

I wish they would allow us more factory wheel options per car.

That is, I want different OEM wheels on my Audi R8 4.2 and BMW M3 (Competition Package wheels kick ass!).

All cars have been sent to AlmostMilk. Thanks for all the help.
Thanks for the heads up.
I've accepted AlmostMilk's friend request and sent one to trinest ahead of time.

Also, no hard feelings if I delete y'all afterwards? My friends list is filled to the brim and I need to make some space for some family still.

I was going to do the same thing anyways. But I will send you the cars as soon as I can.

So, I think I have built race cars out of all the '69-'71 Pony cars for your consideration in the as-yet unscheduled Trans Am inspired race(s). See my Store Front.

'69 & '70 Camaro Z28s
'69 - '71 Mustangs (ignore the '68 Shelby)
'71 Cuda
'70 Challenger
'69 Trans Am
'70 Cougar
'71 Javalin

I found it, it was the centrifugal supercharger.

Twin-screw superchargers have a fairly characteristic whine on most cars as well.

The straight -cut gears of the race transmission also whine quite nicely at high RPMs.

trinest

Thanks! And thanks to ForzaGAF for setting this up and giving this opportunity! :D

I have promptly sent all the cars to trinest (trinest). Spreadsheet also updated.

Got the cars and sent them onto the next person on the list (user_nat (nanaw))

Also updated the Spreadsheet.

user_nat

Ok, so I have all the cars, but there is no one else on the list.

Should I just hang onto them for now or something else?

Edit. At below.
I'll send them back to the owners in a couple of hours if no one else comes up before then.

guest1321

Ok, so I have all the cars, but there is no one else on the list.

Should I just hang onto them for now or something else?

Nope, at this point you are going to send them back to their rightful owners as the list indicates. Most will be headed back to op_ivy, one or two to DasRaven and me.

@snack Have those cars been returned to you yet??

If anyone else is interested in this now is the time to speak! I'm looking at you seanspeed lol

user_nat

Trying to send a friend request to DasRaven for car return but it isn't working. Is that the correct GT?

Edit checked his GAF profile. Should probably put that on the spreadsheet, or I could be less of an idiot and check the list on the previous page.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Nope, at this point you are going to send them back to their rightful owners as the list indicates. Most will be headed back to op_ivy, one or two to DasRaven and me.

mission success! glad it worked out for everyone. now, if only skyfinch could gift me her (?) level 50 ferrari affinity...

sneaky77

mission success! glad it worked out for everyone. now, if only skyfinch could gift me her (?) level 50 ferrari affinity...

yeah that achievement is certainly taking a long time to get lol, I am just doing the 100% and 50% affinity races for now, well I did before christmas, I havent had much time to game this yr yet but I hope to put some hrs on wed night.

Also much thanks to those that organized and contributed cars for the ferrari cheevo, now I can sell a bunch of cars I bought for that purpose lol

op_ivy

yeah that achievement is certainly taking a long time to get lol, I am just doing the 100% and 50% affinity races for now, well I did before christmas, I havent had much time to game this yr yet but I hope to put some hrs on wed night.

Also much thanks to those that organized and contributed cars for the ferrari cheevo, now I can sell a bunch of cars I bought for that purpose lol

i just hope i can get the affinity achievement by the time i 100% the event list. only 20 more levels, lol and wow. its lancia too, so i'm a bit limited to the classes i can use to boost em.

Does anyone know what the outcome of Sarbear's appearance last week?

Not good...

And I am going to try to get the official race announcement up by this afternoon. I have to go back to the dentist at 2pm EST, so hopefully I can do it a bit after that. Sorry about the delay guys but this last week/weekend has been pretty shitty for me.

I tweaked some of my photo settings to better capture shots in low lighting conditions. Work in progress, but I'm pleased with some of the early results.

6714824855_b5374bb7a5_b.jpg

6714824435_531e095497_b.jpg

6714824209_5a2a2e2ec8_b.jpg

op_ivy

I tweaked some of my photo settings to better capture shots in low lighting conditions. Work in progress, but I'm pleased with some of the early results.

6714824435_531e095497_b.jpg

6714824209_5a2a2e2ec8_b.jpg

REALLY like the first one. aside from some funky reflections on the front fender, it looks incredible! - great job!

snack

@snack Have those cars been returned to you yet??

If anyone else is interested in this now is the time to speak! I'm looking at you seanspeed lol

I'll check when I get back home tonight.

Emwitus

Oh bum! I'm not a big fan of forza's photomode but this one is AMAZING! I like the contrast between light and shadow with no jaggies at all. Beautiful.

Not good...

And I am going to try to get the official race announcement up by this afternoon. I have to go back to the dentist at 2pm EST, so hopefully I can do it a bit after that. Sorry about the delay guys but this last week/weekend has been pretty shitty for me.

Cool, I think I will be joining this weekend. :)

Also as a S700, do you guys prefer the F50, or the Enzo?

Also did I hear in autovista that the F50 is considered an ugly car? I thought it was beautiful, still is.

Okay I have to do some quick testing when I get home to get the number of laps for the races and the cars. I promise to have an update by 6:30EST. Hopefully that will give everyone enough time.

I am thinking that 2 official races and then 1 extra race is the best way to go about it. I will have more information tonight.

Again, I know I have been behind on this but between the drugs, the pain, work and life I just have had a hard time really finding the time lately.

That SLS photo is freakin' FANTASTIC.

Gotta say that I really liked GT5's photomode a bit better, though. Much easier to pose cars in cool environments.

T10 sorta copied it with the homespaces, but they need more variety. DLC homespaces, guys!

Top Bottom