• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Weren't there rumors of the F70/Enzo Ferrari successor being unveiled this year in Paris or I'm imagining things ?
It should be glorious though if reducing the weight is really their priority as they said a while back.
I remember being at the 2002 Paris Motor Show and being disapointed to be unable to see the Enzo Ferrari with my own eyes due to the insane amount of people. I managed to catch it in photos IIRC.
Got to see what would become the Veyron back then though. :)

This is what I'm saying, Ferrari had plans for 1 new model unveiled every year for the next 5 years (4 as of now I believe, with 2012 being the first up). I could've swore the Enzo successor was this year and the 599 replacement the next. Though I haven't been keeping up as much as I should, so I'm probably wrong.

G Rom

15$ for 3 environments would depend a lot on the environments themselves. If it's a pack with the valencia street circuit, a sidewinder remake and a new york remake (aka shitty tracks), then I wouldn't even consider it. Put Spa, Bathurst and a third great track like Interlagos and I'll buy 10 of those !

guest1321

The Nürburgring GP has to be my least favorite track out of all of them. It's uneven track pisses me off so much. Sometimes it is fun to have a more "technical" track, but more often than not I am in no mood for losing my ass end because it is so damn bumpy.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
good, if sparse, races today guys. turn 1 was manageable!

the furry talk was distracting!
:p

The Nürburgring GP has to be my least favorite track out of all of them. It's uneven track pisses me off so much. Sometimes it is fun to have a more "technical" track, but more often than not I am in no mood for losing my ass end because it is so damn bumpy.

i dont hate the bumpiness, but it feels pretty artificial. either way though, Nurb GP is among my favorite tracks. its pretty, and its fast and flowing with lovely banked corners and elevation changes.

I love the way the motor sounds oscillate over the bumps though!

EDIT: Yep, good races, good to see some people show up for races. But we need more! Anyone on the fence about it should hop in. And any skill level is totally fine if that's your concern.

guest1321

Ivy you think the elevation changes in nurb GP are really that significant?

Sorry I didnt jump in on the racing today. I knew I would want to watch the football games and I hadn't tuned up a car for one of the races. Next week is the pro bowl so I'll be free to race with you guys then!

gragy10

Cracking pair of races ('furry' talk kept me amused and clinging on to the lead for 2 laps at Infineon soothed my bruised ego) but I really miss the 10+ fields from Season 1.
Get involved people!
You too could be part of this!
airs02re.jpg

Cracking pair of races ('furry' talk kept me amused and clinging on to the lead for 2 laps at Infineon soothed my bruised ego) but I really miss the 10+ fields from Season 1.
Get involved people!

Wow! I see now why Shortt sounded so incredulous as to how your car ended up where it did.

I think the format of 2 official races and 1 random goof-off race is working well. It's fun to blow off steam on the 3rd race. The "Unofficial Rolaids Relief Race of Going Fast and Blowing Things Up".

op_ivy

they are enough to see the track drop off or rise up in front of you, and thats enough to break up the visuals while racing for me. nothing really dramatic like leguna seca's corkscrew, spa, or bathurst though, where it adds to a courses challenge

guest1321

would you guys be interested in a ~$15 fm4 track pack that had 3 new tracks (with multiple ribbons) and an incorporated "season 2" world tour in singleplayer?

I would gladly pay more than 15 for that.

So if turn 10 were to release a track as dlc, what track do you guys think it would be?

guest1321

So in my Forza experience M. Rossi has been the agressive driver. Lately I have been noticing that his aggressiveness is reducing. He is usually number 2 now in races and I rarely have any sort of issues with him while racing. It seems that P. Muller is now the one that I fight with for 1st place. When I first was playing Forza 4 M. Rossi was usually the number 1 so I find it strange that I am now seeing him appear behind P.Muller most of the time.

Is anyone seeing anything similar to this? It makes me wonder if Turn 10 has toned down the AI (M. Rossi) in a patch.

So in my Forza experience M. Rossi has been the agressive driver. Lately I have been noticing that his aggressiveness is reducing. He is usually number 2 now in races and I rarely have any sort of issues with him while racing. It seems that P. Muller is now the one that I fight with for 1st place. When I first was playing Forza 4 M. Rossi was usually the number 1 so I find it strange that I am now seeing him appear behind P.Muller most of the time.

Is anyone seeing anything similar to this? It makes me wonder if Turn 10 has toned down the AI (M. Rossi) in a patch.

I haven't put too much time into career mode, but even so I've seen Rossi finish behind another AI a few times and noted to myself that it was strange. So if the career mode is supposed to adjust to your play level, maybe the boosts given to Muller are disproportionate to any potentially given to Rossi.

Get involved people!
airs02re.jpg

Jesus this is an amazing shot!!!!
Forza GAF for life.

sneaky77

My experience was Rossi was not a problem until I got to the event list, and depending the event he is a total jackass.. I think both Rossi and Muller are jackasses lol

guest1321

I haven't put too much time into career mode, but even so I've seen Rossi finish behind another AI a few times and noted to myself that it was strange. So if the career mode is supposed to adjust to your play level, maybe the boosts given to Muller are disproportionate to any potentially given to Rossi.

Interesting theory.

Okay, how about this one:
You crash into a car and then you rewind. You continue to play but oddly the car continues to act as though it got hit even if you completely avoid it. I've had this occur on several occasions now. It's quite amusing to see a car just fly into the wall in a corner for no apparent reason.

G Rom

BADNED said:
A surprise has many faces

expected, about time, finally, uninterested, boring, no way, thank you, unbelievable, yeah, omg, fy, ......

Which one will it be

tick...tick...tick

Just saw this on FC, damn you BADNED, now I'm starting to get excited ! :p
The fact that he's teasing this surprise makes me think that it shouldn't be just another celebrity coming at the studio or some similar meaningless stuff. I guess we'll find out soon enough. :)

G Rom

They usually post the WIR late in the afternoon (Redmond time) on the fridays.
It could also be announced during the week though. IIRC when there are annoucements, they post them early in the morning.

Seanspeed

Banned
I'd actually love a proper bumpy street circuit. Its a challenge in racing that really isn't on display much in Forza apart from a few tracks like the NurburgringGP track.

Sorry I didnt jump in on the racing today. I knew I would want to watch the football games and I hadn't tuned up a car for one of the races. Next week is the pro bowl so I'll be free to race with you guys then!

Elevation changes are most definitely significant on that track. Its constantly rising and falling and its not subtle about it at all. Its built right next to the Nordschleife, dont forget.

Anyways, I'll be able to race as well this coming weekend, for the same reason(who cares about the Pro Bowl?). Superbowl Sunday is coming up after that, so I'll be out again, but after that I should be able to race regularly. Champions League is coming back soon, but I can record those and watch em later(most matches wont be shown live anyways).

What's up with some of the event list stacks being grayed out? Seems like there should be events there.

I wonder if T10 had planned to release DLC events.

zorbsie

Hey fellas, I've been out of it playing SWTOR. Looking to get back to forza and get some racing in. Should be around for the weekend races. This secret announcement is very interesting. I love to see a new track incorporated into the event list. Also would love an increase to the level cap. Every time I finish a race I keep thinking about all that lost XP.

op_ivy

What's up with some of the event list stacks being grayed out? Seems like there should be events there.

I wonder if T10 had planned to release DLC events.

yeah, i noticed the same thing. they seem to be in the NA/Euro/Japanese manufacturer groups too, which at launch made me think DLC cars would get there own race series in the evnt list. nothing on that though, so maybe its space in case they did decide to do dlc tracks. badned did say they were already working on new tracks near the time of launch but that they were unsure if they'd be made for fm4 dlc, or just for the next game.

Seanspeed

Banned
If we can't get Spa or Bathurst, Virginia International Raceway would be a pretty good pick for Turn 10— there are six ribbons.

That actually would be pretty awesome. My 'home' track and its also been added to the ALMS calendar this year, so they could continue with the ALMS-theme they've got going on.

guest1321

oh man, please be a track or two.

but its probably going to be porsche :(
I would not mind Porsche at all. Granted a track would be way cooler (or two for that matter), but I think getting Porsche would be a fair surprise!
Is there a spot on the NeoGAF club? My gamertag is bakalhau90 and I'd love be a part of it :p I just go the game finally.
I believe all you need to do is to go and search NeoGaf in the club section of Forza and request an invite? I might be wrong here in which case Shortt or Ivy can add you as you've posted your GT.
I'd actually love a proper bumpy street circuit. Its a challenge in racing that really isn't on display much in Forza apart from a few tracks like the NurburgringGP track.

Elevation changes are most definitely significant on that track. Its constantly rising and falling and its not subtle about it at all. Its built right next to the Nordschleife, dont forget.

Anyways, I'll be able to race as well this coming weekend, for the same reason(who cares about the Pro Bowl?). Superbowl Sunday is coming up after that, so I'll be out again, but after that I should be able to race regularly. Champions League is coming back soon, but I can record those and watch em later(most matches wont be shown live anyways).

After focusing on the elevation changes while racing it is very apparent that they are there but I just don't see that one as a go to for me if I am looking for elevation changes. If I am looking to up and down I will go to Fujimi Kaido, Nordshleife, Bernese Alps, and Camino Viejo (and full rally di positano).

op_ivy

Is there a spot on the NeoGAF club? My gamertag is bakalhau90 and I'd love be a part of it :p I just go the game finally.

i sent an invite =)

BADNED said:
A surprise has many faces

expected, about time, finally, uninterested, boring, no way, thank you, unbelievable, yeah, omg, fy, ......

Which one will it be

tick...tick...tick

whats with all the references to time/clocks? is there a 24 hrle mans event coming up in the next week or two?

guest1321

whats with all the references to time/clocks? is there a 24 hrle mans event coming up in the next week or two?

I think it is referencing a count down to the announcement of the surprise. I also read it as people have been asking for it and it is "finally" here. I'm not sure what the fy at the end is though.

If it means fuck you then I'm getting the feeling that it may not be DLC. Why would anyone feel that way towards t10 about them pushing more DLC. I love that shit and I feel like ForzaGAF generally feels the same way. There is usually one car per pack that works for people.

Top Bottom