• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Its not Spa or Bathurst then, cuz nobody would be saying 'boring' or 'uninterested'.

mclaren would :)

but yeah, "best" case scenario would be some porsche DLC. mayhaps just some new manufacturer (not porsche) in the next dlc car pack.

I wish there was some way to "promote" threads that have been moved into community. I feel like we lost quite a few regular posters. Maybe I should PM some of them and let them know the thread has moved and we have started Season 2?

Btw, next weekend will be Top Gear Appreciation Races. Get ready for Reasonably Priced cars and maybe some high octane thrills!

guest1321

I wish there was some way to "promote" threads that have been moved into community. I feel like we lost quite a few regular posters. Maybe I should PM some of them and let them know the thread has moved and we have started Season 2?

Btw, next weekend will be Top Gear Appreciation Races. Get ready for Reasonably Priced cars and maybe some high octane thrills!

Once Top Gear starts up again next weekend we should have the following weeks race include only the cars (or as close as we can get to them) they use in the show. Weekly Top Gear challenge race!

Once Top Gear starts up again next weekend we should have the following weeks race include only the cars (or as close as we can get to them) they use in the show. Weekly Top Gear challenge race!

I had definitely thought about that. Do some stock Time Trials around the Top Gear Track.

Also, here is a great video on passing etiquette from the guys at iRacing. Figure it might go well with our weekend races.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60u3xPBYzQU

guest1321

I had definitely thought about that. Do some stock Time Trials around the Top Gear Track.

Also, here is a great video on passing etiquette from the guys at iRacing. Figure it might go well with our weekend races.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60u3xPBYzQU

I wasn't really thinking using the cars they do on the show around the track. But every now and then they each pick a car and they are given assignments. I think it would be fun to have races that would be limited to those three cars, and we could decide which car is better ForzaGAF style.

zorbsie

I wasn't really thinking using the cars they do on the show around the track. But every now and then they each pick a car and they are given assignments. I think it would be fun to have races that would be limited to those three cars, and we could decide which car is better ForzaGAF style.

I really like this idea. I just have to remember to never pick captain slow's car.

Thanks for the invite I'm now a part of the club :p

However I'm a bit sad clubs don't seem as comprehensive as I thought they'd be. I can't seem to even know who's online at the member list, or sort by who's on/off. Wasn't there a place where everyone could share liveries and so on so everyone in the club could use them without buying them? There's the garage to test drive cars and see the cars but that's it. Then there are the leaderboars, info, and that's it. Just feels awfully barebones. Am I missing something here?

zorbsie

Thanks for the invite I'm now a part of the club :p

However I'm a bit sad clubs don't seem as comprehensive as I thought they'd be. I can't seem to even know who's online at the member list, or sort by who's on/off.

The members who are online are at the top of the grid view. IIRC they will also have a white outline. Offline members are below them.

guest1321

You know, now that I mentioned it, Top Gear starting again on Sunday would be a perfect reason to release some DLC and further make use of there partnership.

My vote on the surprise is this. Hands down

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You know, now that I mentioned it, Top Gear starting again on Sunday would be a perfect reason to release some DLC and further make use of there partnership.

My vote on the surprise is this. Hands down
Forza branded Hammond's hair Avatar rewards for all?

op_ivy

Forza branded Hammond's hair Avatar rewards for all?

that beats the rumored james may avatar shirts :/

t1james%20may.jpg

some new top gear tie in stuff could be cool, but what could it possibly consist of?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
that beats the rumored james may avatar shirts :/

t1james%20may.jpg

some new top gear tie in stuff could be cool, but what could it possibly consist of?
Probably Top Gear America test track.

But really I can't guess what it could possibly be either. You pretty much have the essentials in FM4 already.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I would guess that it would tie into the series premiere. Possible DLC focused around Top Gear cars/tracks they visit?

Or would that be too good?
Top Gear rarely visits actual racetracks. And track DLC is already highly unlikely. The only megaton at this moment would be Spa or Bathurst, and probably not related to Top Gear. This is all just wishful thinking, the Top Gear thing is just a coincidence. What BADNED is probably teasing is some ultra elusive car that people have been clamoring for forever in their upcoming car pack. What that is, I don't know. Is there something specific people have been begging for since and before FM4 came out?

I know it's unlikely and slightly crazy, but I would kill for that Transfagarian Highway to show up as DLC. I know it's not really a track, but it would be incredible to take the high end cars around. Plus it would be a gorgeous place for photos and replays.

guest1321

Top Gear rarely visits actual racetracks. And track DLC is already highly unlikely. The only megaton at this moment would be Spa or Bathurst, and probably not related to Top Gear. This is all just wishful thinking, the Top Gear thing is just a coincidence. What BADNED is probably teasing is some ultra elusive car that people have been clamoring for forever in their upcoming car pack. What that is, I don't know. Is there something specific people have been begging for since and before FM4 came out?

Audi R18? Didn't he these a while ago that three went in and only 1 came out? Or was that about something else?

I know it's unlikely and slightly crazy, but I would kill for that Transfagarian Highway to show up as DLC. I know it's not really a track, but it would be incredible to take the high end cars around. Plus it would be a gorgeous place for photos and replays.

Agreed, Long windy stretches that are actually just huge switchbacks and edges to mountains. I rewatch that episode from time to time for inspiration when I'm not sure if I want to play Forza or another game.

the February caravan dlc pack?

Now that would be too good

From: http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/launch_bonus_pack_announcement/?fwlhd=1

The next DLC pack for Forza Motorsport 4 is coming soon, as in tomorrow! On Tuesday, January 24, Turn 10 will be releasing the Launch Bonus Pack for Forza Motorsport 4, a collection of ten cars previously available only to those Forza 4 players who had either pre-ordered from specific retail outlets, or picked up the game during its first run via the “Ship Bonus Car Pack"

Babalu.

The Launch Bonus Pack will be available for 560 MS Points (Note: This pack is not included with the Forza Motorsport 4 Season Pass) and will include the following ten cars:

damn not part of season pass. I got forza late and missed out on all these.

op_ivy

bwahahaha, i wasnt expecting much, but wow. BADNED, put me in the fy camp!

:p

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
oh man, please be a track or two.

but its probably going to be porsche :(

If it's Porsche back in, I'll be happy. Provided that all the Porsches from Forza 3 are back, along with the 918 Spyder, 918 RSR, 917, 2011 Cayenne Turbo, and 2012 911 Carrera S.

Maybe the 2013 Boxster S, too.

Seanspeed

Banned
I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and accept that the lack of any NEW cars is a result of them taking a break for the holidays. Cuz everything here has already been made since before the game was released.

Still a bit annoying when you buy a Season Pass after they promise you monthly DLC. They've technically lived up to their word, but not in the way I expected. <yawn>

guest1321

Just bought myself an f50 gt thinking it ws a v8 so I could do the Ferrari v8 event. (turns out I am pretty stupid and its actually a v12).

Point being: I have never driven one of them before and holy shit at that sound. It handles surprisingly well and hauls ass. I've heard people talk about it a lot but I have sort f avoided Ferrari so far in Forza 4. What a treat it was to finally drive it

eso76

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and accept that the lack of any NEW cars is a result of them taking a break for the holidays. Cuz everything here has already been made since before the game was released.

Still a bit annoying when you buy a Season Pass after they promise you monthly DLC. They've technically lived up to their word, but not in the way I expected. <yawn>

i don't think that's the february car pack though.
They're just finally releasing the launch car pack for those who didn't get it.

Anyway, rejoyce, because we're getting some new track soon :)

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Up now, 560 points: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Launch-Bonus-Pack/083dc922-e4e6-48c5-9ee8-767698e14f3e

The Launch Bonus Pack contains 10 cars for you to collect, race, and customize, including five Pre-Order cars and five Launch Bonus cars. Pre-Order cars: 2011 Subaru WRX STI; 2011 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde; 2011 Honda CR-Z EX; 2011 MINI John Cooper Works Clubman; 2011 BMW 1 Series M Coupe. Launch Bonus cars: 1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe; 1997 Lexus SC300; 2011 Tesla Roadster Sport; 2011 RUF RGT-8; 2011 Koenigsegg Agera. In game credits or Car Tokens required to purchase these cars in Career Play.

Just bought myself an f50 gt thinking it ws a v8 so I could do the Ferrari v8 event. (turns out I am pretty stupid and its actually a v12).

Point being: I have never driven one of them before and holy shit at that sound. It handles surprisingly well and hauls ass. I've heard people talk about it a lot but I have sort f avoided Ferrari so far in Forza 4. What a treat it was to finally drive it

All of the Ferraris sound and drive great but I found F40 and F50 a little too grippy so went back to the 288 GTO, it's got a lot more character.

Yeah, this is why I think it is not included in the Season Pass. This is just an extra DLC they are throwing out, but the Feb DLC is still coming and will be part of the Season Pass.

G Rom

Yeah it definitely isn't the february car pack. "Normal" car packs are always released the first tuesday of the month.

How do you know that we're getting some new track ?

I just been playing some forza 2 again, the game still holds up really well in the sound department, graphics wise some areas still look really nice but what a difference for the cars.

1USDU.jpg

guest1321

Do we know for sure we are getting new DLC or is that entirely based on our past experience with getting it the first Tuesday of the month?

saladine1

I need help!

I've clocked over 8hrs a day, on average, playing FM4 since day 1. I need some time off from the game but don't know how to pry myself away.

Help me Dr.Phil..!

G Rom

Do we know for sure we are getting new DLC or is that entirely based on our past experience with getting it the first Tuesday of the month?
It's not even february yet, each monthly pack has been named "month **** pack" so far (unlike this one) and BADNED already has the february pack listed for the 7th on his list.
This is just a proper release for cars already available to some people (making the LCE even more worthless than it already was in the process).

sneaky77

It's not even february yet, each monthly pack has been named "month **** pack" so far (unlike this one) and BADNED already has the february pack listed for the 7th on his list.
This is just a proper release for cars already available to some people (making the LCE even more worthless than it already was in the process).

Well they said from the start that the cars would eventually come out as DLC

Top Bottom