• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

SarBear

So far...

The Stable

Big Takeover
Sneaky
Union
LiquidSnake
Op Ivy (you're being thrown in here)
Shortt Sirket
Sarbear
Rotavelle
Crude Diatribe
Gragy10
Muerte X
Slayer/Archer
Mr Nightman
Guest1321 (every now and then)
GrassyX
Templar Wizard
Zorbsie
Seanspeed
Soundscream

I've sent out a ton of PMs, but if you're new, let me know if you'd like to race with us! I will have awesome events!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
So far...

The Stable

Big Takeover
Sneaky
Union
LiquidSnake
Shortt Sirket
Sarbear

I've sent out a ton of PMs, but if you're new, let me know if you'd like to race with us! I will have awesome events!

thrown in? lol, ok. put me down for a 5.0 while you're at it - none of that pussy 4.6L shit!

:D

So far...

The Stable

Big Takeover
Sneaky
Union
LiquidSnake
Shortt Sirket
Sarbear

Crude is almost always down to race. Also Rota has been pretty frequent also.

fozzy

I've just unwrapped the speed wheel for my birthday and loving it so far.

Just wanted to know if I need to set it up in any way? Noticed alot of sliders in advanced screen.

Feels great as it is, but just thought i'd check.

I've just unwrapped the speed wheel for my birthday and loving it so far.

Just wanted to know if I need to set it up in any way? Noticed alot of sliders in advanced screen.

Feels great as it is, but just thought i'd check.

I've just left the sliders alone. The button layout choices are worth looking at though.

Mascot

I think it's such a shame that the old Monthly Rivals events are deleted.
Why not add to the roster every month with new events, instead of replacing them?

The fact that any Monthly records I set will disappear forever in a few weeks makes me much less likely to bother dedicating time to setting any times in the first place.

I'm still vastly enjoying revisiting old non-monthly events on a regular basis, trying different vehicles or tunes, slowly trying to improve on old times, especially when a notification comes through that a friend or club member has beaten me.

There's absolutely no reason at all that I can think of why old Monthly events have to be deleted. Why not leave them in place so that they can be enjoyed forever? It might even encourage more people to buy the DLC packs if they see more DLC car-specific events on offfer.

Very weird decision by Turn 10.

op_ivy

Looking at the tentative list...I dunno....you may be shocked to see where you and the next person place.

i see 17 on the list.

i'm willing to "back out" as i'm not certain i could make it anyways. zorbsie can be the 16th racer and you can put me on the reserve list

SarBear

Yea, I already know via PM that a couple people won't always make it, so I wouldn't even concern yourself about having to give up spots, Op.

Sean, I'm glad your finger is feeling a lot better! I was really concerned how you were going to do "two in the pink, one in the stink!"

I think our first event will be next weekend. Hype buildup.

We need to establish the following:

• Event times
  • Number of races
  • A base car for the season (if one at all)
  • prize structure
  • membership dues (yep, c'mon out dem pockets, son!)
  • complaints and how we'll deal with them

op_ivy

I think our first event will be next weekend. Hype buildup.

We need to establish the following:

• Event times
  • Number of races
  • A base car for the season (if one at all)
  • prize structure
  • membership dues (yep, c'mon out dem pockets, son!)
  • complaints and how we'll deal with them

didnt shortt come up with a lot of that previously?

and is the pony race not this upcoming weekend, but likely the next? if so, i definitely wont be able to make it.

SarBear

didnt shortt come up with a lot of that previously?

and is the pony race not this upcoming weekend, but likely the next? if so, i definitely wont be able to make it.

Based on activity, we (the team) need to rework this. Some things worked great last season. Some things didn't. Plus, I don't have too much of a reference to what he established. Link?

I mean, I can set it up for this weekend if enough people actually wanna join, but I can guarantee most of you won't have the time to prepare. I wasn't necessarily planning another Mustang race, I was just pointing out that my babies (you guys, the league, and the guy that was passed so badly that his xbox got 3 red rings shortly after) need to be guided back into the light!

Based on activity, we (the team) need to rework this. Some things worked great last season. Some things didn't. Plus, I don't have too much of a reference to what he established. Link?

I mean, I can set it up for this weekend if enough people actually wanna join, but I can guarantee most of you won't have the time to prepare. I wasn't necessarily planning another Mustang race, I was just pointing out that my babies (you guys, the league, and the guy that was passed so badly that his xbox got 3 red rings shortly after) need to be guided back into the light!

If you want to see a bit about what we were doing, you can see the post here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=34558031&postcount=11102

op_ivy

here is one of the race postings

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=34471468&postcount=10958

the Renault Megane RS 250 was to be our spec car for season 2. we decided on 2 races (but slightly longer) rather than 3, and we'd also have a weekly time trial event too using, iirc, a spec ferrari f355c with a seperate leader board from the actual race meet ups.

SarBear

here is one of the race postings

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=34471468&postcount=10958

the Renault Megane RS 250 was to be our spec car for season 2. we decided on 2 races (but slightly longer) rather than 3, and we'd also have a weekly time trial event too using, iirc, a spec ferrari f355c with a seperate leader board from the actual race meet ups.

Gotcha. Thanks, I'll mull all this over with Shortt. We can keep the Megane as it's a really cool car to drive. Definitely gonna be monthly membership dues, however. Feeds the pot for prizes. Not much, in terms of Forza money, but enough to where it adds up overall.

I mainly just want to keep participation up, and if things get too complicated then it could all go to shit. The time trial could work great, though, for our friends on really strange time zones (it's all strange to me because I'm an American!!). Then they could always participate in some part of GAF Forza events.

Seanspeed

Banned
When my hands start to get tired during the races, I will switch to my middle fingers for the gas/brakes to rest my fingers for a bit.

I can manage it, but its gonna hurt my laptimes a bit still. More than just getting the car slowed down without locking up, my biggest problem is gonna be getting my thumb and middle finger to coordinate together trailbraking into the corner, which is pretty essential to be as quick as possible. I'll probably just have to move my braking points back a bit.

Looking forward to racing with you guys again. Anybody know where Ox or Petran have been?

SarBear

I can manage it, but its gonna hurt my laptimes a bit still. More than just getting the car slowed down without locking up, my biggest problem is gonna be getting my thumb and middle finger to coordinate together trailbraking into the corner, which is pretty essential to be as quick as possible. I'll probably just have to move my braking points back a bit.

Looking forward to racing with you guys again. Anybody know where Ox or Petran have been?

Ox is busy in his backyard playing with birds.

I saw P3tran at a rave handing out E-pills, surrounded by four other hefty Grecian badasses.

sneaky77

I wont be in town this weekend, and I don't really care for prices I just go for the fun and community aspect. Moving the time back would actually benefit me, but I know it would make it harder for euros

SarBear

I wont be in town this weekend, and I don't really care for prices I just go for the fun and community aspect. Moving the time back would actually benefit me, but I know it would make it harder for euros

It's not much individually, but we need money so fund some great prizes for you guys!!

And it's not like we'll bar you from racing, but it will be another bill in your junk mail pile.

saladine1

Saladine's random FM5 wish of the day:

I'd like to see a sort of 3D engine of my car as it's being built. The painters and photographers get their little sandbox to play with so why can't the tuners and modders?
As an example, if I perform an overbore or add a stroker kit for bigger displacement, let us actually see this process via the 3D/virtual engine. A sort of 'build your own engine' mode.
That would undoubtedly give the modders/tuners something to play with and of course, would act as an interactive teaching tool for the less inclined...

cbox

I'd like to see a sort of 3D engine of my car as it's being built. The painters and photographers get their little sandbox to play with so why can't the tuners and modders?
As an example, if I perform an overbore or add a stroker kit for bigger displacement, let us actually see this process via the 3D/virtual engine. A sort of 'build your own engine' mode.
That would undoubtedly give the modders/tuners something to play with and of course, would act as an interactive teaching tool for the less inclined...

That's almost like that one budget game "street legal". You could fully dismantle your entire car and put it back together - parts catalogue included.

That's almost like that one budget game "street legal". You could fully dismantle your entire car and put it back together - parts catalogue included.

Holy shit man, I was JUST about to say that. That game was terrible, but the engine building stuff was so much fun. Had to pick the block, crank, heads, alternator, etc. I used a cheat to get tons of cash and I would just build engines/cars and race them at top speed into the street lights. I loved how your engine could end up like a block from the car.

Shaneus

That's a bit full-on. I just want to see a virtual dyno, even if it's completely automated. Watch your car drive up onto a platform, rev it's tits off and show the graph as it goes.

That's a bit full-on. I just want to see a virtual dyno, even if it's completely automated. Watch your car drive up onto a platform, rev it's tits off and show the graph as it goes.

Freakin THIS! In fact, it has already been done! I don't remember the game (Juiced?) but you could take your car to a virtual dyno, watch it rev up and see the HP/TQ curves.

SarBear

2003_ford_mustang_svt_cobra_2_dr_10th_anniversary_supercharged_coupe-pic-348047982502652457.jpeg

I'm a simple man. Just give me this.

cbox

Holy shit man, I was JUST about to say that. That game was terrible, but the engine building stuff was so much fun. Had to pick the block, crank, heads, alternator, etc. I used a cheat to get tons of cash and I would just build engines/cars and race them at top speed into the street lights. I loved how your engine could end up like a block from the car.

hahahaha I did the same thing - good god that game was so terrible, cool concept though.

My first car was an 89 Mustang LX. $500 for it and it had no exhaust and the crappy 2.3? liter motor. Thing was decently quick to a kid of 16 though.

However it did catch on fire while I was driving in on the freeway. So I attempted to put it out with my foot while I was driving and ended up off the road and running over a stop sign.

Yeah, haven't owned another Mustang since.

hahahaha I did the same thing - good god that game was so terrible, cool concept though.

I was just looking at the disc the other day. I think I am going to install it and replay it this weekend. I did love how there were like MASSIVE patches you had to use to get it to play actually decently.

SarBear

My first car was an 89 Mustang LX. $500 for it and it had no exhaust and the crappy 2.3? liter motor. Thing was decently quick to a kid of 16 though.

However it did transform me into the coolest person on earth for owning one. I was driving on the freeway and it was like I had my own personal lane. Stop signs didn't apply to me anymore because they would just lay down on the side of the road.

Yeah, haven't owned another Mustang since because my mangina can't take it.

I was just looking at the disc the other day. I think I am going to install it and replay it this weekend. I did love how there were like MASSIVE patches you had to use to get it to play actually decently.

Completely understandable.

saladine1

Freakin THIS! In fact, it has already been done! I don't remember the game (Juiced?) but you could take your car to a virtual dyno, watch it rev up and see the HP/TQ curves.

The game was actually NFS Underground 2. Probably the best (only?) recreation of a working virtual dyno ever seen in a game.
Taking it a bit further, the geekiness? in me would not only want a dyno just to see hp and torque outputs, but also to see where things could be improved. This is where ECU tuning, distributor regraphing, carby tuning..etc could be performed to enhance and maximize the engine's performance.
I know this could be a little overwhelming for most, but this is where Turn 10's patented "Auto Tuning" can come into play.
As I've said earlier, the painters and photographers get to play with some nifty toys...I want the same thing for the tuners as well....plus, a virtual dyno looks freaking cool!

NFS U 2 DYNO

867J3.jpg

n2cLP.jpg

53cca.jpg

I mean FFS, if a NFS game from 10 years ago or whatever can feature something like this, I'm sure Forza can more than accommodate...

Mascot

I'd like to see monthly Rivals events not get deleted, but apparently no other fucker does..! :lol.

op_ivy

I'd like to see monthly Rivals events not get deleted, but apparently no other fucker does..! :lol.

i actually like the idea of a rotating monthly challenge. i do see your point about those records set disappearing though, sure would be nice if the game and/or website at least kept the leaderboards for each.

Snubbers

InsideSimRacing review just up

http://www.insidesimracing.tv/videos/view/695/0/Inside-Sim-Racing-Episodes

Not sure I agree with the Physics/FFB scores, a tad low (in context of other games ;)) But it's there or there abouts :)

I got the impression they really didn't put much time into the game, it's not their 'focus' and a driver level of 50 is what? that's pretty easy to get to.. but I can't slam them too much, with the range of stuff and PC focus, it's asking a lot to sink in more then a few evenings on a game they won't normally play.

op_ivy

Those guys devoted way too much time to the throw-away WT mode, the AI outside of the career mode are far tougher if that's all they want.

i dunno about far tougher... on hard, i beat the ai by 30+ seconds in a 8-10 min race, whereas on professional its still 15 or so seconds. there really should be something that can put up terrific laps for a really good challenge. of course, with the ai as bad as it is in fm4, maybe its a blessing that its not all that good at setting good times :p

Top Bottom