• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
how is this for motivation to get some racing in this weekend?

Hey now! Did you know that one lucky Forza fan is going to win 100,000 MS points just for playing Forza Motorsport 4 this weekend? Who knows? It might be you! To enter the History Top Gear & Forza Motorsport 4 Play & Win sweepstakes, all you need to do is find the registration page on the Xbox LIVE dashboard by clicking the Top Gear USA advertisement (which you can find on the Video tab). Once there, click the "Register" button and make sure you play Forza Motorsport 4 on Xbox LIVE this weekend between today and 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday.

thats equivalent to $125. not bad!

also...

In addition to one lucky winner taking home 100,000 MS Points, 375 winners will also win 800 MS points apiece.

thats 375 winners of $10!

SarBear

So far...

The Stable

Big Takeover
Sneaky
Union
LiquidSnake
Op Ivy (you're being thrown in here)
Shortt Sirket
Sarbear
Rotavelle
Crude Diatribe
Gragy10
Muerte X
Slayer/Archer
Mr Nightman
Guest1321 (every now and then)
GrassyX
Templar Wizard
Zorbsie (donation made!!)
Seanspeed
Soundscream
The Stig
MJLord

I've sent out a ton of PMs, but if you're new, let me know if you'd like to race with us! I will have awesome events!

Edit If anyone wants to just do some random racing tomorrow afternoon....say....3pm EST, I'll be around.

Seanspeed

Banned
How did you convert 100,000 ms points to $125? Last I checked 4,000 MS points cost saround $50 or $60
400 points = $5
4000 points = $50
40,000 points = $500
80,000 points = $1000

20,000 points = $500/2 = $250

So 100,000 points = ~$1250

Right?

Not bad.

Anyways, there's a competition to beat this guy's time in the Monthly rivals Silverstone event for a free Furai. How do we know what that time is? I just put in #61 time, which I'm pretty damn proud of, but how do I know if thats enough? Is it gonna be some super-tough time to beat?

I guess I could ask the same about the Rampage Jackson thing, but I have a feeling the time shouldn't be too hard to beat there.

Anyways, there's a competition to beat this guy's time in the Monthly rivals Silverstone event for a free Furai. How do we know what that time is? I just put in #61 time, which I'm pretty damn proud of, but how do I know if thats enough? Is it gonna be some super-tough time to beat?

I guess I could ask the same about the Rampage Jackson thing, but I have a feeling the time shouldn't be too hard to beat there.

Facebook. They always post the time up there.

Seanspeed

Banned
Facebook. They always post the time up there.

This competition isn't King of the Track, though. Seems to be sponsored by some user.

But yea, 1:51.6 shouldn't be hard to beat for the unicorn Camaro.

EDIT: Ok, found it. Dont know why I didn't just check the official forums:

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/5191730.aspx

Dont see any time listed yet.

EDIT2: Ok, here's what he's saying. Might not be so easy, but my time is up there:

Hello gentleman. As I've said in my thread, I can definitely run faster than my current time. What I'll probably end up doing is running a non-leaderboard car as fast as possible. I could probably run a top 50 time, but that wouldn't be any fun and I do want people to be able to win the Furai

The Furai he's giving out looks mighty nice, by the way.

EDIT3: His time is 2:01.7 in a Sagaris. Pretty good challenge for most, I think.

EDIT4: He thinks he can drop his time another second or more. Get out those Elise's!

Mascot

This competition isn't King of the Track, though. Seems to be sponsored by some user.

But yea, 1:51.6 shouldn't be hard to beat for the unicorn Camaro.

EDIT: Ok, found it. Dont know why I didn't just check the official forums:

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/5191730.aspx

Dont see any time listed yet.

EDIT2: Ok, here's what he's saying. Might not be so easy, but my time is up there:

Hello gentleman. As I've said in my thread, I can definitely run faster than my current time. What I'll probably end up doing is running a non-leaderboard car as fast as possible. I could probably run a top 50 time, but that wouldn't be any fun and I do want people to be able to win the Furai

The Furai he's giving out looks mighty nice, by the way.

EDIT3: His time is 2:01.7 in a Sagaris. Pretty good challenge for most, I think.

EDIT4: He thinks he can drop his time another second or more. Get out those Elise's!

I've had Armipotent Adam saved as a storefront favourite for a long time as I like his tunes.
Checking his leaderboard time is therefore a breeze - I just filter to 'favourites' and there it is.

op_ivy

Hey now! Did you know that one lucky Forza fan is going to win 100,000 MS points just for playing Forza Motorsport 4 this weekend? Who knows? It might be you! To enter the History Top Gear & Forza Motorsport 4 Play & Win sweepstakes, all you need to do is find the registration page on the Xbox LIVE dashboard by clicking the Top Gear USA advertisement (which you can find on the Video tab). Once there, click the "Register" button and make sure you play Forza Motorsport 4 on Xbox LIVE this weekend between today and 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday.

anyone find the top gear usa ad to register for this? i cant find it anywhere

SarBear

anyone find the top gear usa ad to register for this? i cant find it anywhere

Hell no, but I just registered via email.

According to a bunch of users on FM.net, all you really have to do is make sure you play online before 11:59pm tonight. So, shitty servers and public racing idiots aside, put in a few races!

Or...you know, we COULD GET A FEW RANDOM RACES IN AT APPROXIMATELY 3PM TODAY EST!!

op_ivy

Hell no, but I just registered via email.

According to a bunch of users on FM.net, all you really have to do is make sure you play online before 11:59pm tonight. So, shitty servers and public racing idiots aside, put in a few races!

Or...you know, we COULD GET A FEW RANDOM RACES IN AT APPROXIMATELY 3PM TODAY EST!!

how did you register by email? and i *may be around for some races.

edit: thank you vvv

zorbsie

That contest is US only. ugh. If I'm around and not playing happy action theatre with my daughter I'm in for 3 o'clock random races.

op_ivy

bad news... my wheel is functionally dead :(

the "phone jack" plug from the pedals to the wheel is shot and, if it works at all, is always applying brake, gas, or both. meaning, its completely unplayable.

not a fan of the game with a pad, so i may not be on till i can sort this out or am able to pick up a replacement (anyone got an old gt2 and was thinking about upgrading to the csr? i may be able to help)

Seanspeed

Banned
I've had Armipotent Adam saved as a storefront favourite for a long time as I like his tunes.
Checking his leaderboard time is therefore a breeze - I just filter to 'favourites' and there it is.
Cool, I'll have to check his stuff out.

And just a warning if anybody is gunning for his time - he's lowered it to a 2:01.2, but will leave it at that.

I should probably be on. I've gotta go to the store and do a couple things, but I'm planning on doing some more racing when I get back.

bad news... my wheel is functionally dead :(

the "phone jack" plug from the pedals to the wheel is shot and, if it works at all, is always applying brake, gas, or both. meaning, its completely unplayable.

not a fan of the game with a pad, so i may not be on till i can sort this out or am able to pick up a replacement (anyone got an old gt2 and was thinking about upgrading to the csr? i may be able to help)
That sucks. Is there no way to get it repaired?

op_ivy

That sucks. Is there no way to get it repaired?

seems its the cord and not the plug itself. this is good news, as i could always try to rewire it for a better fit.

also, it is working now, but obviously its pretty temperamental. so much so in fact that i had a hard time winning a race and only after watching the replay did i see that my brakes were always on. i checked the telemetry, and i had about 10% brake applied the whole race :(

op_ivy

i'd really like to try some soccer or other "crazy" gametypes... will try to join in the next 15 min or so

gragy10

Had to drop out early (i'm never sure if my chat's working which doesn't help) but was some pretty entertaining races in there, Mazda's especially :)

zorbsie

Almost had it too. :) But I lost it around a corner. That last chicane always gives me trouble. I feel like I lose so much time there.

The Stig

guys I had a mother of a head cold yesterday. left nostril was pouring mucus at the rate a lambo drinks fuel.

sorry for not posting or anything.

Yeah, I have been fighting a cold for quite a while now. Plus the girls and I were looking at apartments yesterday so sorry I didn't make it on.

Will be going to the Chicago Auto Show with them tomorrow so hopefully there will be some nice new cars there. I really want to see the new 86/BRZ.

I got a CSR with the Clubsport Pedals last week and I'm working on the settings atm.

I'm having a bit of trouble with the rotational lock. With the default setting, it locks @ 270 degrees and that's too sensitive for my taste. With 540 it's better, but the Force Feedback is pretty much non existent with this setting.

What settings do you guys use? Some recommendations?

I use 900 degrees with the CSR Elite, barring a few of the newer LMPs it works great.

FFB at 100 on the wheel and dial it down ingame if needed but Forza's FFB has never the strongest (compared to something like Sega Rally Revo it's damn weak) but the forces are detailed so you can feel when the car is doing, just don't expect much from the road surface.

If you got the H shifter too I'd recommend doing the 'quiet mod', it's well worth voiding the warranty for the better feel and no clicking.

guest1321

Oh wow, this thread really has slowed down. Anyone here get an accurate time when they check their "king of the track" status through Facebook? Mine is showing a 1:59 when I know I broke 1:50 for sure. And don't worry, it was all clean.

G Rom

I've finally bought the R18 in my career yesterday so I got more time with it. Is it me or does this car really is one of the best looking car in FM4, model and shaders wise ?
I mean, even the replay LOD looks great.

Also, I just love the sound of this game. The R18 mentioned above might not be as deafening as the 787B but it still sounds awesome in its own kind of way IMO.
Another example, the other day I did an R3 race with my Noble and even though this has a great loud sound, all I could hear were the turbos of the Huayra driven by the AI. So good ! :)

BTW, I'm at level 148, I kinda fear the money drought incoming... :-/
Granted, I've only done 27.6% of the career so I still got a lot to do but still, I'll miss those 300K+ Cr. dropping regularly...

SarBear

6871910675_07c7a40407_z.jpg

This Sunday, February 19th, GAF Weekend Racing League will be hosting another set of grinding, competitive racing events! Please join us at 2:30pm EST (Need a roll call on the official race time) for shit tawkin, clean racin', ham sammiches, disgruntled members, sandbagging, and all around trollin! We're doing a reboot of our second season, and it promises to be more entertaining, exciting, diverse, and strenuous than the last! Show your support!

RULES:

• No glitched cars. Ever.
  • Minimum 10 players per event type for prizes.
  • Damage for main race types will be Cosmetic and Collisions will be on.
  • 1 Lap run around BEFORE event type on said course, strictly for stretching your legs.
  • GRID WILL BE RANDOM (there's no complaint box, so deal with it)
  • Monthly membership dues are mandatory. 250k per month per member (goes towards prizes for the League, guys! I'll make an auction for you)

Also...
2. – Race League racers should, whenever possible, race “clean”.
.....2.a. Car position relative to others on the track is not always clear. Mid-race .....discussion over xbox live should be used primarily to communicate position and .....passing intents by drivers to avoid collisions.
.....2.b. Attempts at passing should only be made when it is safe to do so.
.....2.c. If being passed, make attempts to avoid collisions whenever possible.
.....2.d. Careless passing that results in significant collisions will be identified post race .....with either time penalties incurred for the offending driver, or with that driver being .....disqualified for that event. Penalty specifics are open for discussion, and .....cases will be looked at via replay on a case by case basis by volunteer bystanders.
.....2.e. Non-significant collisions, or trading paint, is frowned upon, but usually will not .....result in specific penalties.
.....2.f. All drivers should drive cautiously and thoughtfully to avoid collisions. If minor .....collisions occur and it leads to a change in driver position, attempts may be made .....by the offender to allow the passed car back into its pre-collision position.
.....2.g. All racers should save a replay after each race in case review of infractions is .....necessary.
.....2.h. Cars should make all attempts to stay on the track at all time. "Shortcuts" are .....frowned upon and may result in time penalties or race disqualifications.

EVENT TYPES (2):

No Chrysler, Not You! - No punch lines here, sucka! It's a french car, do we really need to make any more jokes? C'mon, punch this bad boy up, slap some stickers on it, and hit one of Florida's finest raceways for some stiff competition. FWD only? Thanks Shortt, I thought we moved away from that silly drive train. -__-

Track
  • Sebring International Raceway (Full Circuit) - 11 Laps
Restrictions
  • 2010 Renault Megane RS 250
  • Class - B 500
  • Race Brakes
  • Race Suspension
  • Race Weight Reduction
  • Full Roll Cage
  • No Aero
  • Must Be FWD
  • Must Have Race Number

Goin' Backpackin' - Speed ain't a factor here folks! You raced it before, but wait until you experience it in S class! Kaido is known for punishing those who refuse to respect her. You gotta love her curves, slow down and appreciate her subtle touches, and when the time is right....smash and dash! AWD models will dominate the field in this Sunday's event, so choose wisely.

Track
  • Fujimi Kaido (uphill) - 22 mins
Restrictions
  • Class - S 700
  • Hatchback
  • AWD
  • > 2350 lbs

OFFICIAL TIME ATTACK: (week of 2/14 - 2/21)

These will run from Tues when they are posted until Midnight EST on Monday the next week. Since the Leaderboards will not always be able to be used due to previous times set, I need everyone who is participating to PM Shortt Sirket their final times on Monday before Midnight. It would also help if you could throw a replay up on your storefront that shows your best time. Keep it on the track as only clean laps count.

Car
  • Ferrari F355 Challenge (stock)
Track
  • Mazda Laguna Seca

PRIZES

TBD, needs reworking
Still, unicorns and random cars/prizes

BONUS!:

Make a donation by auction today! :) We need your support!

Players:
Zorbsie (31) good through 4 months
Sarbear (3)
Seanspeed (21)
Muerte X (8)
CrudeDiatribe (7)
Granholme (27)

Reserve:

Shortt Sirket (25)
Archer33 (1)
op_ivy (10)
Big Takeover (77)
Ox Nagge (33)
Rotavelle (12)
retroBrand (17)
Soundscream (13)
Templar Wizard (5)
P3Tran
Union 0015 (15)
The Japanator (89)
str8buzykltty (69)
MJLord (93)
The Stig (00)
cjelly (28)
LiquidSnake
flyinpiranha
Guest 1321 (18)
G Rom (34)
Benjamin Birdie
Mr Nightman (88)
GrassyX
Sneaky77

Current standings always available here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ancn9aXDWX-ldGt1eThhdEhMWFEtc2hXY0RDQlJwTnc#gid=0

You're in reserve until you confirm. :)
If you need an invite, please let us know.
If I get a ton of players that actually promise to show up (25 or more)...two rooms/random drawing

SarBear

I'm down for the races. For the time trail, how are we tracking it? Just want to do it with the right race type.

Everyone in here is pretty good for their word. For the most part, at least. If it gets complicated we'll just request screen shots or something.

op_ivy

have the megane requirements changed, iirc it used to require a roll cage...

Muerte_X

Oh wow, this thread really has slowed down. Anyone here get an accurate time when they check their "king of the track" status through Facebook? Mine is showing a 1:59 when I know I broke 1:50 for sure. And don't worry, it was all clean.

It's been a while since I've checked in game, but the facebook app, seems to be what I remember getting. If it makes you feel better, I know I read somewhere that they use the actual leaderboards and not the FB app when looking at times.

Edit: I forgot about the online leaderboards...My actual time is 0:01:43.937 and the FB app says 0:01:44.311. I think it may just be slow to update, I bet that's a previous best I had on the first day or so before I tried again a day or two later.

Also, in for this Sunday. :)

Yen

Have their been many dlc tracks released? And if so, what were they?
The lack of new tracks was one of the reasons I was unenthusiastic about 4 and was waiting till it hit £18, which it has. So if there were many dlc tracks I'd wait for the Ultimate/GotY edition.

Seanspeed

Banned
Thanks, and I realise I used "their" instead of "they're" whoops
;)

Still completely wrong. lol

Anyways, yea, no DLC tracks. Yet.....

For the Fujimi race, when you say 'uphill', you mean the same one we did before, right? Just making sure cuz both ways would be going uphill.

SarBear

Still completely wrong. lol

Anyways, yea, no DLC tracks. Yet.....

For the Fujimi race, when you say 'uphill', you mean the same one we did before, right? Just making sure cuz both ways would be going uphill.

Yes, the same one we did before. I wanted to include this variant one more time before we tackle the reverse. =) It's a monster in reverse.

Hockenheimring is my current nemesis. I just can't seem to nail my braking before that super hairpin (I call it the Rhino horn), and some of the turns are hard to see coming without committing every single pixel to memory. Flat tracks aren't your forte Turn 10.

But one day I will discover the mysteries of this track!

At the very least its pretty awesome to watch replays of the best lap times. Some players truly know how to push their cars to the very limit.

Top Bottom