• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Ops! My mistake!

So there are going to be official announcements today right? So many crazy rumors right now that are too good to be true.

Forza 5
Porsche DLC
Forza Horizon

G Rom

So, the pack has been confirmed by Major Nelson to be releasing this spring. It features 7 new-to-Forza Porsche. My guesses :

- 911 (991)
- 918 RSR
- 911 RS 4.0
- the latest Boxter
- the latest Flying Lizard 911
- 917K (wishful)

So, the pack has been confirmed by Major Nelson to be releasing this spring. It features 7 new-to-Forza Porsche. My guesses :

- 911 (991)
- 918 RSR
- 911 RS 4.0
- the latest Boxter
- 917K (wishful)

Can't we assume the 962 is going to be in it? Didn't the sound guy say something about it being his favorite sounding car in Forza 4 before all the Porsche shenanigans happened?

If not then I want that and the 917.

saladine1

461M6.png

The return of Porsche is a fucking 10.0-on-the-Richter-scale as far as megatons go. Knocked me flat on my ass.

They already have my moniez; hope the wait isn't too long.

DasRaven

- 911 (991)
- 918 RSR
- 911 RS 4.0
- the latest Boxter
- 917K (wishful)

Depending on what happens in Geneva this week, we could get the new Cayman as well.
GT3 R Hybrid would be good also.

amar212

I am guessing that pack will "conveniently" fall out of the season pass

It already have.

Last thing we get with the SP is April Pack and Porsche Pack is scheduled for May 22nd.

Understandable of course, but as Crude said above, I also hope for some kind of discount.

G Rom

The season pass will be over by May and it's not like they were going to give you the equivalent of half a season pass for free anyway...

I just can't wait. Porsche cockpits were already the best in FM3 so I want to see those with the improved shaders, FOV, etc...
Also, the V10 of the Carrera GT is going to sound fucking glorious in FM4 !
I wonder if the 918 RSR and Carrera GT will appear in Autovista as, IIRC, BADNED confirmed that those were supposed to be part of this mode. Then again, we know they're sitting on Autovista models so they may save the AV Porsche for FM5 as well.

Edit : Beaten
I was also looking at the car list, with the Porsche pack and the last DLC of the SP, the game will have crossed the 600 cars mark, with very few duplicates. Pretty crazy how the list has doubled in size since FM2's launch five years ago. Outsourcing sure is a powerful beast ! :D

The return of Porsche is a fucking 10.0-on-the-Richter-scale as far as megatons go. Knocked me flat on my ass.

They already have my moniez; hope the wait isn't too long.

I just want to say that I am super glad that T10 continued to work on adding these cars and didn't just wait until FM5 to get them back in.

This news seriously just made my week.

zorbsie

I don't want to sound like a grumpy gus, but more cars is not what Forza 4 needs. Give us more tracks. That being said, take my money.

Also, is there any more details on Forza Horizon? The post and teaser on forzamotorsport.net is useless. Will we get more info on this during GDC?

G Rom

New level cap is awesome ! Those races with driver level bonuses will finally be useful again ! :)

Edit :
Can't we assume the 962 is going to be in it? Didn't the sound guy say something about it being his favorite sounding car in Forza 4 before all the Porsche shenanigans happened?

If not then I want that and the 917.

BADNED updated the car list with this :
1987 #17 Racing Porsche AG 962c

:)

Amazing news! 30 is a lot of f'n cars! The 4 liter, the 991, the new boxster - those are all gimmies and should be great. I hope whomever decided to put the 312pb in the game is looking after the Porsche pack as well. The 908/3, the 917, various vintages of RSRs. WANT.

Mascot

Great news about Porsche. Shame EA's tactics are gonna cost us all an extra 50% of the game price for stuff we would have normally had included for free from day one.

How about a Porsche-sponsored race day at Spa while you are at it?

zorbsie

Can't find where Dan mentioned the level cap going up. Can anyone provide a link? Would love to get more money/cars for leveling again.

Dave_6

I had been wishing that I should have kept FM3 just so I could play with some Porsches but not anymore! Awesome news!

skyfinch

Haven't played Forza, or video games in general in like a month. Can't wait to get back and see them Porches. Loved the cockpits.

BADNED

Also, is there any more details on Forza Horizon? The post and teaser on forzamotorsport.net is useless. Will we get more info on this during GDC?
Some tiny bits maybe before but E3 will be the place where it will show its face to the world.

SarBear

I'm at school and I'm literally losing it.

I don't have enough gifs on hand to express my excitement and satisfaction. I really don't. I'm going to fucking blow a load on all the ladies around me and they have no idea it's coming. -__- Well, I'm joking, but still.

Porsche in my Forza?!?!?! I won't use another brand, I swear. And level 999????? Game extended infinitely in my book. Add a few courses, Turn10, and this is the game of the century for me!!!!!!!!!

G Rom

There you go zorbsie.

Do you think Turn10 will tell us how the Porsche agreement finally came about? License expiration? Come to terms with EA?

Sounds like they came to an agreement with EA and Porsche :

Eurogamer said:
Forza Motorsport 4 notoriously lost the Stuttgart-based brand following a fall-out with EA. "When we announced that Porsche wasn't going to be in Forza 4, we didn't stop talking," Turn 10's Dan Greenawalt told Eurogamer. "We announced it because we could no longer get it into the game - production-wise, it was too late.
"We kept talking to Porsche, and we kept talking to EA - no-one wants to take Porsche away from the fans. We kept talking and talking until we found an agreeable situation, and now it's win-win. We've got Porsche coming into the game in a big way. EA's satisfied, Microsoft's satisfied and Porsche's satisfied."

Edit :
I just noticed how exposed that Ferrari's rear wheels are.

What was the reason for no open wheelers in Forza again? was it visible suspension or something?

Yeah, exposed and animated suspensions are a no go in Forza at the moment.

I'm at school and I'm literally losing it.

I don't have enough gifs on hand to express my excitement and satisfaction. I really don't. I'm going to fucking blow a load on all the ladies around me and they have no idea it's coming. -__- Well, I'm joking, but still.

Porsche in my Forza?!?!?! I won't use another brand, I swear. And level 999????? Game extended infinitely in my book. Add a few courses, Turn10, and this is the game of the century for me!!!!!!!!!

This sounds like pure blasphemy from Mr. Ferrari!

Arucardo

It's almost time to get back in to Forza :p I noticed my current Fanatec sequential shifter started double shifting in the game on up shifts so that took a bunch of wind out of my sails.

Solution: Ordered the CSR Shifter set today :), I don't have the regular H-shifter anyway right now so another good reason to ordering it. I did consider waiting for the clubsport shifter , but from what I gathered there's no easy way to mount it without a rig (doesn't have the option to use the "tube" mounting that the current shifters have). Can't wait to get the shifters and play some forza with a H-shifter. Been practicing my heel-toeing A LOT in more hardcore sims lately.

Is the porsche stuff sitll part of the seasonal pack I bought earlier? Or does everyone have to dig deep in their pockets?

Oh, I read the previous page. Bummer.

It's almost time to get back in to Forza :p I noticed my current Fanatec sequential shifter started double shifting in the game on up shifts so that took a bunch of wind out of my sails.

Solution: Ordered the CSR Shifter set today :), I don't have the regular H-shifter anyway right now so another good reason to ordering it. I did consider waiting for the clubsport shifter , but from what I gathered there's no easy way to mount it without a rig (doesn't have the option to use the "tube" mounting that the current shifters have). Can't wait to get the shifters and play some forza with a H-shifter. Been practicing my heel-toeing A LOT in more hardcore sims lately.

I cable tied the H-Shifter down and it doesn't budge.

Haven't used the sequential once, it's still sealed in the bag, if you were in UK you could have had it for nothing.

SarBear

This sounds like pure blasphemy from Mr. Ferrari!

Bro, it's only Mr. Ferrari because Porsche was absent. In Forza 3 I was at LEAST 90% Porsche dominant when driving.

.........You'll see. I can't believe we have to wait nearly THREE MONTHS for this pack to hit, but it'll be well worth it by that time. Just give me a 911 GT3 RS and a 911 GT2 (996) and I'm good to go.

All right, I still need a Panamera, Cayenne, Cayman, 911 Turbo, Carrera, 959, and several other models. However, if they wanna exclude that garbage NOT A REAL Porsche......the Boxster, that will be all right with me.

Now Turn10....one more small.....small thing. About that 04 Mustang Cobra....

amar212

As an genuine godfather of the current OP title I humbly propose the title change into more apropriate:

Where Porsches are Driven

Thank you for the consideration FMGAF

As an genuine godfather of the current OP title I humbly propose the title change into more apropriate:

Where Porsches are Driven

Thank you for the consideration FMGAF

You know, I am down with this. Might get some more traffic in here when people notice the change.

Shaneus

Porsche news is AWESOME. But to echo what someone said earlier, they're definitely focusing on the wrong thing. More tracks create better longevity with the game, not more cars.

NEED MOAR TRACKS!

Seanspeed

Banned
Bro, it's only Mr. Ferrari because Porsche was absent. In Forza 3 I was at LEAST 90% Porsche dominant when driving.

.........You'll see. I can't believe we have to wait nearly THREE MONTHS for this pack to hit, but it'll be well worth it by that time. Just give me a 911 GT3 RS and a 911 GT2 (996) and I'm good to go.

All right, I still need a Panamera, Cayenne, Cayman, 911 Turbo, Carrera, 959, and several other models. However, if they wanna exclude that garbage NOT A REAL Porsche......the Boxter, that will be all right with me.

Now Turn10....one more small.....small thing. About that 04 Mustang Cobra....
Traitor.

I'm excited for Porsche, too, but Ferrari will always be on the next level.

I really hope they include the 918.

I am guessing we will see all the RUFs they have left in the next DLC. (Yellowbird, et al) I also am guessing there will be no May DLC and the Porsche will be it. I mean, it would be awesome to have the normal "Monthly" DLC, but I doubt they would do that.

SarBear

I am guessing we will see all the RUFs they have left in the next DLC. (Yellowbird, et al) I also am guessing there will be no May DLC and the Porsche will be it. I mean, it would be awesome to have the normal "Monthly" DLC, but I doubt they would do that.

I'm fully expecting regular DLC on top of the Porsche pack. No if, ands, or buts about it. How the fuck else are we gonna get that 04 Cobra as well as the 2013 M6??

Top Bottom