• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

SarBear

It would be pointless when we know Lamborghini is better than both of them. I mean, that much should be obvious.

.......club meeting to vote the leader out of his chair. 15 minutes.

Umm....Not even sure what you are trying to say lol

You're out the club, too. This shit is Porsche exclusive from now on.

* Garage will only be filled with Porsche models.

* Porsche is the only model to be used for circuit racing lap times.

* You can't participate in ANY rivals events unless you can use a Porsche.

* Your profile picture MUST either be the Porsche logo, or a German flag.

* Pictures posted in the thread must ONLY be Porsche models*.

*except the Boxster....anyone supporting this vehicle has to turn the game in to Gamestop for $5 credit.

SarBear

2003-Porsche-911-GT2-Red-Front-Angle-Mountains-1280x960.jpg

911gt2_2.jpg

Porsche-911-GT2-60.jpg

There you go. Sorry Aston. Sorry Ferrari. Sorry BMW. Sorry Pagani. Your time is just over.

Go make another heavy V12 (sorry Beamer, i meant a V6 for your M3 (lawl)) with too much power to the rear wheels that's horribly overpriced and has silly bug eyes.

The king is back!

zorbsie

There you go. Sorry Aston. Sorry Ferrari. Sorry BMW. Sorry Pagani. Your time is just over.

Go make another heavy V12 (sorry Beamer, i meant a V6 for your M3 (lawl)) with too much power to the rear wheels that's horribly overpriced and has silly bug eyes.

The king is back!

But, but...what about McLaren?

SarBear

But, but...what about McLaren?

......all cars are not created equal. All McLaren does is make sloppy cars with a WAY too many model numbers/letters.

Porsche does it with *class*.

Turn10...PLEASE replace all current Autovista cars with Porsche models!!!! Please!!! And hurry up with that lv 999 patch! I'm broke as FUCK and I need to level up to purchase every model on release date!

And to buy more Mustangs!

trinest

then you go to your stats page and see 4% complete and 2 or 3 check marks in the event list :p

Arg I know, but I'm not counting it towards the overal finishing of it.

Though I am hitting the event list now just for fun- not with a goal of finishing it.

SarBear

2003_Porsche_996_GT3_RS_IAA_Frankfurt.jpg

That is all.

THIS MAN FOR PRESIDENT!!!

Edit: G Rom, thanks for those videos! That Ultima seems like a handful to drive! One question: a problem really.....not one of your videos contained Porsche footage. This is a serious issue, my friend. I'm writing you up.

Guys I arrived at a part in the world tour where I try to advance, and it says I do not have any cars in my garage to compete in the next race. It won't even tell me what the hell the next race is so I can go buy the right car. WTF.

Shaneus

^^ Wasn't that in FM3? Maybe we'll see some old cars as well... I haven't read the full details about what we're getting, but I'm sure that'd be one of them.
THIS MAN FOR PRESIDENT!!!

Edit: G Rom, thanks for those videos! That Ultima seems like a handful to drive! One question: a problem really.....not one of your videos contained Porsche footage. This is a serious issue, my friend. I'm writing you up.
Imma leave this here.

And this.

And the finale. Yes, that's Mark Webber (again).

Shaneus

I just can't wait to hear what they'll sound like. It's a bit of a bitch that it falls *just* outside the subscriber period (can't help but wonder if that's more than coincidence... I'd think so) and I can't honestly say I got a terrible lot out of that six months (and where are my credits from the muscle car pack as the first month of DLC?) so I hope there's some kind of discount for those of us who did get the season pass.

And seriously. Tracks? I'd even appreciate it if the Porsche Liepzig Test Track was included as at least, it would be something different. It's certainly picturesque and interesting enough.

Shaneus

Seriously, tell me we don't need this. It's an awesome onboard video of the track, should be watched! Would be a great gift to welcome Porsche back to the series.

Arucardo

I hope some of the older Porsche's have decent looking body kits. I want to build some Rauh Welt type cars.

EDIT: Just look at it, such a mean looking car:

rauhwelt.jpg

saladine1

Enough of this Porsche business.

What's getting me excited now is a possibility of a new track in May according to 'someone' over at FC...

SpaHurst FTW.

Shaneus

That track and Fiorano too, even just for "testing" purposes.

Make it happen T10.
Holy shit, you can make each camera in that video bigger! Wooo! And you can click on the map to view what tracks the corners are copies of.

Anyone know if they'll be timing the patch with one of the packs? The Porsche one, I'd assume? Did we have a date (and more specific deets) for the Porsche stuff?

Just put some liveries up on my storefront.
Two I actually spent some time on, one was made just for fun...

If you like them feel free to head on over to my SF (search "REW138").
They are priced at 20K for the Rx7 and Celica, and 10K for the 'Cuda - I know, that's a bit cheeky, but I am trying to save up for the 787B - then I'll make them free.
I should probably add that I apologize for the crummy photos...

My favourite, The Allan Moffat Peter Stuyvesant Racing Rx7 (come on T10, we need the S2 Rx7 already!!!):

6812547144_a2d700b6b6_z.jpg

6958656149_57cceee45a_z.jpg

6958655875_fdd3836d74_z.jpg

This one is sort of a mish-mash of the Sega Rally ST205 and The WRC car:

6812546428_a7eb99b499_z.jpg

6812546122_47f3c9985c_z.jpg

6958655027_8eb925c04b_z.jpg

And my tribute to Troy Polamalu of the Pittsburgh Steelers:

6958654141_5b306ac8cd_z.jpg

6812544610_6f157bbbcc_z.jpg

I can also gift over any of the "stickers" on the vehicles if you want them.

Cheers.

G Rom

Interesting bits about the sales being stronger than past Forza without bundling and people playing the game more.

I hope that they can figure out something to get Porsche back in a normal way for future titles, i.e being in games right from the start and being integrated in regular DLC pack.

Arucardo said:
I hope some of the older Porsche's have decent looking body kits. I want to build some Rauh Welt type cars.

In FM3, I can only think of the Cayenne (Hamman) and the Panamera (Gambella) having aftermarket kits...
We'll see if they added more but I doubt it.

Shaneus

Just put some liveries up on my storefront.
Two I actually spent some time on, one was made just for fun...

If you like them feel free to head on over to my SF (search "REW138").
They are priced at 20K for the Rx7 and Celica, and 10K for the 'Cuda - I know, that's a bit cheeky, but I am trying to save up for the 787B - then I'll make them free.
I should probably add that I apologize for the crummy photos...

My favourite, The Allan Moffat Peter Stuyvesant Racing Rx7 (come on T10, we need the S2 Rx7 already!!!):

6812547144_a2d700b6b6_z.jpg

6958656149_57cceee45a_z.jpg

6958655875_fdd3836d74_z.jpg

This one is sort of a mish-mash of the Sega Rally ST205 and The WRC car:

6812546428_a7eb99b499_z.jpg

6812546122_47f3c9985c_z.jpg

6958655027_8eb925c04b_z.jpg
Alan Moffat? Sega Rally GT-FOUR? You sir, have won my heart.

BTW Title update's out today? Do we know what else it has in it other than 999? It has to be more than that and just a few bug fixes. Hopefully there's some tweaking been done to reflective roads and other parts of the lighting system.

Seanspeed

Banned
Does anyone know if the February King of the Track cars have already been sent?

Between all these events, I am losing track! (Not that it is a bad thing, T10 seems much more active with 4 than 3).

Seanspeed

Banned

Between all these events, I am losing track! (Not that it is a bad thing, T10 seems much more active with 4 than 3).
What were we supposed to get again? I've gotten a couple cars, but I'm not sure if its from that.

Anyways, tried out two cars from the March pack so far:

- Ferrari 312PB obviously. The sound is incredible and it handles like a dream. With only 440hp, its very managable. Those of you who shy away from R-class cars cuz they can be a handful should not ignore this one. Its probably up there with the very best driving experiences you can have in the game, especially in cockpit view.

- Ultima GTR - Revving with the clutch down really shakes the car around. Good first impression! Once you get driving, you'll notice that the car has a disproportionate amount of grip compared to the power and acceleration on offer. The car is predictable and balanced, but you arrive at corners at such a high speed, you'll find yourself backing off or braking way earlier than you want to. It took a few upgrades including the Forza front wing and better tires to produce the grip this car needs to feel good to drive. Once that's acheived, its very fun and very quick. I expect this will be a popular leaderboard car. I put in a somewhat sloppy lap at Suzuka that was good enough for a top 800 spot.

BADNED

Not yet. Probably they will start sending them out at the end of the week when they announce the March KotT in the WiR, or at the begin of next week.

What were we supposed to get again? I've gotten a couple cars, but I'm not sure if its from that.

Audi #2 R18 TDI for setting a time.
Chevy Camaro SS Coupe Unicorn for beating Rampage.

Thanks for the clarification, Badned.

Heads up to everyone who doesn't happen to peruse the official forums: a T10 staffer has a bounty up that, if you beat his time, you can win the 2005 Honda NSX-R GT unicorn.

You can also contribute a story about your favorite car. The Top 3 will win a unicorn of their choice.

Thread here.

ElNino

Still not up. C'mon Turn 10.

EDIT: Ok, for Season Pass owners, download the free Weissman from the Game Marketplace(XboxLive interface, not in Forza), then go to the Forza Marketplace and the car pack should show up.
That's how I've always done it. I queue up whatever the free car is then load up the game.

Anyways, tried out two cars from the March pack so far:

- Ferrari 312PB obviously. The sound is incredible and it handles like a dream. With only 440hp, its very manageable. Those of you who shy away from R-class cars cuz they can be a handful should not ignore this one. Its probably up there with the very best driving experiences you can have in the game, especially in cockpit view.

- Ultima GTR - Revving with the clutch down really shakes the car around. Good first impression! Once you get driving, you'll notice that the car has a disproportionate amount of grip compared to the power and acceleration on offer. The car is predictable and balanced, but you arrive at corners at such a high speed, you'll find yourself backing off or braking way earlier than you want to. It took a few upgrades including the Forza front wing and better tires to produce the grip this car needs to feel good to drive. Once that's acheived, its very fun and very quick. I expect this will be a popular leaderboard car. I put in a somewhat sloppy lap at Suzuka that was good enough for a top 800 spot.
High praise. Can't wait to have myself a go!

El_Chino

i might be late to the party because i just got home from class but what's the situation with the March pack not showing up to purchase via the season pass.

SarBear

i might be late to the party because i just got home from class but what's the situation with the March pack not showing up to purchase via the season pass.

Download the free Weissman from the XBL Marketplace, the rest will show up automatically.

Edit:

GREAT! The Title Update has been delayed!

Edit2:

This month's rivals events are AMAZING!

legbone

i know it's borderline blasphemy to porsche purists but i really hope there is a nice 928 in the porsches. doubt it but a man can dream.

Seanspeed

Banned
Ok, that Ferrari is incredible. Top 200 time at Infineon Indy course, was a fair lap, nothing special, bone-stock, haven't even touched the setup.

This car and the Ultima are almost too good. They're gonna go on to be leaderboard cars, which means I'm hardly ever gonna get to run them online. :(

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Enough of this Porsche business.

What's getting me excited now is a possibility of a new track in May according to 'someone' over at FC...

SpaHurst FTW.

not sure how i had missed this but...

WAT.

link or quote or something.

Top Bottom