• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

SarBear

Nice shots!

Loving that RX7. Hoot to drive when it is all kitted out. Engine sounds great; Race turbo sounds fantastic too.

I ran mine straight into a wall after i took those pictures on the last page. Best decision ever.

By the way, you all should REALLY check out the new rivals events. They're really interesting, just like last month. Plus, it's easy money!

First set (10) of Doran Nissans is in the auction house right now, I'll upload 10 cars everyday, so everyone can get it. You get the car, paint and the tune for the price of the base car, enjoy.

7049526981_57cca3cfbf_z.jpg

Cheers, HD

SarBear

First set (10) of Doran Nissans is in the auction house right now, I'll upload 10 cars everyday, so everyone can get it. You get the car, paint and the tune for the price of the base car, enjoy.

Cheers, HD

MINE!!!

MURDER to all those who get in the way!!

Edit: I popped your cherry on this one, HD. Bought the first one!

Cheers, HD

Dammit! My game is messing up or something, it won't let me scroll or select anything in the auction house!

eek5

sounds perfect

i bought it in hopes for a good sim experience and some new rack variety. funny, cause i've been itching to get back into shift 2 for its tracks, but bought this instead. i'll have plenty to do over spring break :p

whats the DLC and is it cheap? didnt realize it had any...

800msp
Road America (2 layouts)
Imola

800msp
Spa
Mid Ohio (3 layouts?)

560msp
Okayama
Estroil

Each pack has cars in it too. I played a bit of it. The graphics aren't that great and the AI is so-so but the physics are good and there is great track selection.

Got the new videos up:

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 23 - Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR

I can really see how this car was able to run it's record lap at The Ring. This car is just stupidly quick and insanely easy to drive. It just makes you feel like a driving god with minimal effort. You go into corners thinking it is too fast and then the car just flings itself around them with no problem. I honestly never felt out of control driving this and the car just really makes you want to push. You start braking later, accelerating quicker and next thing you know, you are setting lap records. Such a ridiculously quick car!

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 20 - Ferrari F355 Challenge

Mr. REW / Skeletor beating the hell out of the F355C

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
800msp
Road America (2 layouts)
Imola

800msp
Spa
Mid Ohio (3 layouts?)

560msp
Okayama
Estroil

Each pack has cars in it too. I played a bit of it. The graphics aren't that great and the AI is so-so but the physics are good and there is great track selection.

thats pretty god damned pricey...

but if its good, i'll buy
do you hear me turn 10!?

TJP

but if its good, i'll buy
do you hear me turn 10!?
The DLC is somewhat pricey but well worth it IMO. Shameful that Atari were so slap-dash support their support of Race Pro & something they repeated with TDU2.

Cheers.

Got the new videos up:

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 23 - Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR

I can really see how this car was able to run it's record lap at The Ring. This car is just stupidly quick and insanely easy to drive. It just makes you feel like a driving god with minimal effort. You go into corners thinking it is too fast and then the car just flings itself around them with no problem. I honestly never felt out of control driving this and the car just really makes you want to push. You start braking later, accelerating quicker and next thing you know, you are setting lap records. Such a ridiculously quick car!

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 20 - Ferrari F355 Challenge

Mr. REW / Skeletor beating the hell out of the F355C

Nice.
That car was actually a pleasure to drive hard.
I wanna see this viper lap!!!

amar212

..and great physics.

Wouldn't agree about the physics of RacePro as long as the wheel is concerned.

Backthan I played it extensively with my MS FF wheel and it was dodge-damn twitchy and crazy. It has its problems with oversteer buffer and linearity, mostly coming from 270 mode and average FF effects.

During testing of the CSR Elite I replayed it a lot and stronger motors of CSRE somewhat compensate for the poor FF, but twitchiness remains. Forcing CSRE in 540/900 mode can do some good, but linearity is killing the sensation.

However, I do not say it is bad, I just say it is not great.

Seanspeed

Banned
I wasn't too impressed with RacePro. I didn't think the physics were that great, either. Better than Forza's in a lot of respects, sure, and the track surfaces are mostly well done(dont expect glass smooth asphalt like in Forza!), but its not quite up-to-par with the PC sims it was supposedly based on. Track selection is good if you get the DLC, but there's not a ton of tracks without, although whats there is very good. Online is decent fun. I enjoyed having indefinite practice sessions where you could go to the pits and mess with your setup during the session with everybody else around, then do qualifying and then the race. The collision system is crap, though, which can be very annoying. There were lag problems when I played(might have been patched?) as well. But really, I think it was the 30fps that killed me the most. The graphics were already pretty bad and at 30fps, it was actually affecting my driving.

I agree with what is said above, but I still had a blast playing it. The sound is excellent and it really does feel like you are in a race car, screaming around a circuit.

Plus it has my favorite track ever, Mid Ohio!

Edit: Check out this guys channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/pez2k/videos

He has a hacked 360 and does some awesome swaps in Forza that aren't normally possible. You gotta check out the 787B Powered FD Rx7!

Dave_6

Cheers, HD

Awesome! Got to see this car in person this past weekend at Barber. Looked fast, qualified in the top 10 I believe but unfortunately got pancaked in the very first turn on the first lap. :(

how do you do these kind of swaps?

There is a guy named Pez2k who is a massive gearhead and wanted to "fix" some of the engines and swaps in Forza 3. It appears he has moved on to Forza 4 now. You can see some of his earlier stuff here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/948030-forza-motorsport-3/60704653 where he talks about what he is doing.

This is close to what Saladine and I want to be able to do, but legitimately in the game. Messing with different transmissions, engine swaps, compression, etc. It is really pretty awesome to see what is possible with a bit of tweaking.

Something cool he says about brake upgrades in Forza 4: "I always thought the brake upgrades were just cooling and durability, but you've just made me look it up. It affects total braking power, disc size, caliper size, number of pistons and... drum to disc conversions (the 300SL and Z432 at least have drums on the back). There are a lot of other variables that don't change like default bias and handbrake power too. I guess I've found the next thing to have a play with..."

Second set of Doran Racing Nissans (20) is in the auction House now, enjoy ;)

Just picked one of these beauties up.

Like an idiot, I was checking your storefront since yesterday before realizing that the cars were in the Auction House. D'oh!

Also grabbed your amazing XKR-S Speedhunters livery. Simply outstanding work, HD! :)

Got the new videos up:

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 24 - Nissan GT-R SpecV

This car is just so easy to drive fast it is just unfair. The AWD system works insanely well on tarmac and the brakes work impressively well on such a heavy car. And that is what makes the R35 so interesting; it is a heavy car full of tech, yet it feels very nimble. Outside of some initial turn-in understeer, the car just goes where you point it. Aim somewhere vaguely in the direction you want to go and the car just does the rest. It sounds a lot throatier than you would expect out of a turbo V6, which is a nice surprise. This car doesn't scream at you like most supercars, but it carries a large stick.

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 21 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI

LoopofHenle is back in the hatchback STi.

Shaneus

Second set of Doran Racing Nissans (20) is in the auction House now, enjoy ;)
I haven't been on for a while, but damned if this isn't enough to get me on there. Just search for your XBL tag? Same as your GAF name?
Edit: Got it! Looks amazing.

Dammit man! I have the worst timing! I am currently moving my hard drive over to my new Star Wars 360!
Man, I'll buy one and gift it to you if you like. Unless there's any objections, of course!

Shaneus

My friend got a little nostalgic and made this crazy taxi crossover with the 59 cady
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLEONyOEcpo&hd=1
Just watched this... fucking awesome! Although I don't think that song was in the original game ;)

One thing that strikes me about it though, is that the driver does not move AT ALL. I don't know if it's been mentioned before (probably has) but even the slightest movement would look better than having a mannequin bolted to the seat.

N-Bomb

Need some help:

Anyone know if there's a way to get my photos off the xbox without paying MS' hostage tax for XBL gold? :(

Seanspeed

Banned
Need some help:

Anyone know if there's a way to get my photos off the xbox without paying MS' hostage tax for XBL gold? :(

Hostage tax? :/

Anyways, no, you need Xbox Live Gold. Best option is probably taking the best pic of the screen you can with a camera.

SarBear

Need some help:

There is a way, but it involves some terminology that I'd rather not get into on the forums for fear of bannage. Google search is your friend!

Shaneus

I remember there was a way to do that with PGR4, but the same technique for me (at the time) didn't work. On the plus side, I got a shitload of PGR4 pics I thought I'd lost :D

N-Bomb

Using PC software to access files on USB stick isn't bannable if that's what you're getting at.

Heh, I'm not looking to mod a savegame or cheat or pirate anything... I just want access to my screenshots. :(

So it looks like you can get access to the files, but MS encrypts them so that you can't open them!!

Heh, I'm not looking to mod a savegame or cheat or pirate anything... I just want access to my screenshots. :(

So it looks like you can get access to the files, but MS encrypts them so that you can't open them!!

Yeah, I'm trying the same. Just to see if it works. I'm able to extract the pics but they seem to be encrypted.

Seanspeed

Banned
Well, it's not really a dick move considering you're hosting it on their site and downloading it using their bandwidth. In this case, your gold effectively pays for that.

In his case, he's not hosting it anywhere, he's put it on a USB drive to transfer it.

Its definitely done to encourage people to buy Gold and I dont see anything wrong with that, to be honest.

N-Bomb

In his case, he's not hosting it anywhere, he's put it on a USB drive to transfer it.

Its definitely done to encourage people to buy Gold and I dont see anything wrong with that, to be honest.

Yes, I can understand the requirement for uploading the videos, for example, but not this.

This is actually the last straw in terms of me selling my 360 soon. Had a good run, I guess, but I can't condone this kind of thing. Time to hope the PC gets a world-class car sim.

sneaky77

Yes, I can understand the requirement for uploading the videos, for example, but not this.

This is actually the last straw in terms of me selling my 360 soon. Had a good run, I guess, but I can't condone this kind of thing. Time to hope the PC gets a world-class car sim.

Plenty of sims on PC.. there's even a thread dedicated to it.

Shortt will be getting present soon ;) WIP photos...

7054555695_80d4c80727_z.jpg

7054555703_00ebea7952_z.jpg

7054555705_7cf437888b_z.jpg

Hertz,
That is amazing.

How do you keep coming up with these?

Is there a way you choose where to put the coloured patches, stripes and decals etc? Cos when I try to do a 'Hertz inspired' design, I come up massively short.

Is there a technique you use to figure out how the car will look with all the colours you choose?

Maybe one day you could write a bit of a guide or maybe just a short blurb, cos these things are truly professional quality.

Keep up the amazing work.

Ps. Can I suggest maybe a YouTube logo somewhere....

Top Bottom