• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

zorbsie

I want that Jag livery. Great stuff as always H3rtz. Can't wait to get the dlc now. Anyone want to take the new cars out for a spin online tonight or tomorrow? Nothing official just for fun racing around.

So I'm playing Forza again, primarily to play online, but...

It seems to still descend in to a destruction derby after the first corner. I don't consider myself the best driver around but when I'm failing to get round the first bend because people have no concept of space, or I get blocked and rammed when passing, or someone happily slams in to me for no reason it gets really frustrating.

I'm not great online, I barely finish above the top half ever but it feels like there's no room for me to even try and improve anymore, because if I do somehow get a good start off the line and get in to the lead, I have 5 cars piling in to me and end up in last again.

sneaky77

I'm not great online, I barely finish above the top half ever but it feels like there's no room for me to even try and improve anymore, because if I do somehow get a good start off the line and get in to the lead, I have 5 cars piling in to me and end up in last again.

slow down, let them crash in the first turn, go around the crash?

G Rom

I feel like I'm repeating myself each month but I love that Turn 10 are adding full OEM kits to more and more DLC cars. That Quattroporte with racing kits looks so good for example.

zorbsie

Was going to post this. Too many people think the race is won by the first turn. Give yourself some space to move around them. You might not win every race like this but at least your race won't be over after the first turn.

Was going to post this. Too many people think the race is won by the first turn. Give yourself some space to move around them. You might not win every race like this but at least your race won't be over after the first turn.

Yeah, thanks for the tip as obvious as it sounds, I was always pushing for the first corner.

Just had two fairly enjoyable races, didn't win but I wasn't in last place by the first turn :)

I am improving!

"Very few races are won in the first corner, but many are lost."
(Apparently this line (or similar) was used recently in a book about a dog? The mind boggles.)

Seanspeed

Banned
Its a judgement thing and a luck thing. Sometimes you can predict a crash happening and back off slightly, but other times its beneficial to be aggressive and try and pass some cars cuz you're honestly less likely to be hit when there's nobody in front of you than when there's people both in front AND behind. There's a reason why most collisions in 1st turns in real-life happen midpack.

It does get frustrating sometimes, but it doesn't completely ruin my online experience. I've had some of my very best online experiences in Forza and the frustrating incidents are a small price to pay.

saladine1

Brap.brap..brap..brap..brap
The iconic rotor idle of the RX7 sounds fucking awesome!

Can't wait for the elusive RX3 so I can turn it into this

gqPOz.jpg

G Rom

Dat RX7 indeed ! :p

HD's SLS livery :

I seriously hope that for FM5 on Durango, user-made liveries will have equal quality to Turn 10's ones...

Arucardo

Yeah, thanks for the tip as obvious as it sounds, I was always pushing for the first corner.

Just had two fairly enjoyable races, didn't win but I wasn't in last place by the first turn :)

I am improving!

If you haven't already I highly recommend trying the Cycled Production and the Ferrari Showcase ladder, to me it's the purest form of racing. I enjoy knowing that if I'm losing I'm being out-driven instead of being out-tuned (I'm still crap at that stuff, heh). The ladder seems to often times weed out the first turn heroes pretty quickly. I've had the pleasure of doing many proper races in that ladder without anyone ramming you when you're passing or getting in to a pile up in the first turn. Also, you really notice the superiority of using clutch in that ladder at the start, most of the time thanks to the better straight line acceleration (shorter shift times) I go up to the front of the pack or in the top 3 at the start.

I've loved playing the Cycled Production races since they added it in to Forza 3.

I just hope they add new car and track combinations to it at some point, Jube3 if you happen to be reading this I'd love to know if you guys have any updates planned for this ladder ;) .

G Rom

Is it just me or do these look suspiciously like FM4 locations?
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2013-srt-viper-leaked-images/

It's definitely FM4, the real question is why does the new Viper look so awful ?
I already wasn't the biggest fan of the first redesign that happened in the early 00's (2003 ?) but this looks way worse IMO.
I know we've got the ACR but I'd love it if Turn 10 gave us the original '92 RT/10, still look awesome IMO.

If you haven't already I highly recommend trying the Cycled Production and the Ferrari Showcase ladder, to me it's the purest form of racing. I enjoy knowing that if I'm losing I'm being out-driven instead of being out-tuned (I'm still crap at that stuff, heh). The ladder seems to often times weed out the first turn heroes pretty quickly. I've had the pleasure of doing many proper races in that ladder without anyone ramming you when you're passing or getting in to a pile up in the first turn. Also, you really notice the superiority of using clutch in that ladder at the start, most of the time thanks to the better straight line acceleration (shorter shift times) I go up to the front of the pack or in the top 3 at the start.

I've loved playing the Cycled Production races since they added it in to Forza 3.

I just hope they add new car and track combinations to it at some point, Jube3 if you happen to be reading this I'd love to know if you guys have any updates planned for this ladder ;) .

Thank you, will check this out also (although I couldn't see Cycled Production when I played earlier - despite using it before). I'm awful at tuning, so most of my experience tends to be buying tunes or simply picking the car with the highest PI haha

And yeah, will definitely learn to play with the clutch. I tried it for a little while but went back to standard manual for some reason.

G Rom

The Alpinstars April DLC was the last one included in the season pass. The Porsche expansion pack will be sold separately at 1600 MS Points.
More DLC packs are rumored but nothing official yet.

The Alpinstars April DLC was the last one included in the season pass. The Porsche expansion pack will be sold separately at 1600 MS Points.

There better be more packs after Porsche, cause I'm still waiting for ...

Large%20Image.jpg

lexus-lfa-gazoo-racing-8.jpg

subaru-brz-gt300-race-car_100371804_m.jpg

sstp_1007_01_o+2010_honda_hsv_010_gt+front_shot.jpg

And last but not least, the GT300 Prius, yeah that's right, I want this car so bad to be in Forza :D

2011-prius-gt300-6.jpg

Fingers crossed. There's a ton of great cars to be added, and they can keep pumping out DLC until FM5 comes out. It's one of the few games I buy all the DLC for.

That new SRT Viper info is crazy. Is it going to be a free download like the Veloster? Will it be part of the next DLC? Such a crazy way to leak a new car.

--------------

Got the new videos up:

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 21 - Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3

This car almost makes me feel bad for driving it. It honestly feels like it might be a glitched car or modeled wrong or something. This car goes too fast entirely too easily. You think you are barely moving around the course and the next thing you know, you are doing a buck-fifty. I took turns at speeds that no mortal car should ever be able to do, plus it feels like it has reverse thrusters on it when you hit the brakes. Oh, and it sounds like a wild animal being shredded by a wood chipper. It is incredible. I was speechless for half the lap because of how easily it makes you feel like a driving god.

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 18 - Jaguar XKR-S

Dead Poul driving the awesome new Jaguar XKR-S!

SarBear

Have any of you guys received your unicorns from our last official outing back on March 4? I spoke with Jube and he said he would get them out during his next run, which I assumed would be relative to the last GWD session. Then again, some people are busier than others.

So?

SarBear

That new SRT Viper info is crazy. Is it going to be a free download like the Veloster? Will it be part of the next DLC? Such a crazy way to leak a new car.

--------------

Got the new videos up:

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 21 - Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3

This car almost makes me feel bad for driving it. It honestly feels like it might be a glitched car or modeled wrong or something. This car goes too fast entirely too easily. You think you are barely moving around the course and the next thing you know, you are doing a buck-fifty. I took turns at speeds that no mortal car should ever be able to do, plus it feels like it has reverse thrusters on it when you hit the brakes. Oh, and it sounds like a wild animal being shredded by a wood chipper. It is incredible. I was speechless for half the lap because of how easily it makes you feel like a driving god.

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 18 - Jaguar XKR-S

Dead Poul driving the awesome new Jaguar XKR-S!

I LOVE the new intro, Shortt!

Great videos as usual Shortt, thanks for using my paints ;)

Maybe I'm gonna challenge myself and try to make something for ...

7044007305_3119a658a5_c.jpg

It's not gonna be easy and probably not anytime soon, but I'm thinking about it ...

saladine1

The new Viper doesn't look that bad..

Oh, and the DLC Cadillac is an absolute boat lol..the back end just doesn't want to crack..

You know, I'd love for Turn 10 to actually tell people about the way they make a car's powertrain/driveline actually work in the game and what information is collected and included in said components.
I mean, as an example, they've actually included compression ratios in the engine specs yet not many people will know that.(It's hidden in some files). To go so far and include information like that and for it to have an actual affect on power output is very pedantic to say the least...(in a very good way)..
Don't be shy about your work and effort Turn 10. Tell the world and be proud!

G Rom

There better be more packs after Porsche, cause I'm still waiting for ...

Large%20Image.jpg

lexus-lfa-gazoo-racing-8.jpg

subaru-brz-gt300-race-car_100371804_m.jpg

sstp_1007_01_o+2010_honda_hsv_010_gt+front_shot.jpg

And last but not least, the GT300 Prius, yeah that's right, I want this car so bad to be in Forza :D

2011-prius-gt300-6.jpg

I love ILMC/ALMS cars but I agree, Turn 10 need to look at championship from other countries. We need the 2012 DTM cars and recent SuperGT cars not called GT-R. The SuperGT NSX could do with a revamp too, it currently look so bad, like FM1 bad (especially the texture)...

The GTS was the best-looking Viper, so I for one am not upset at this new look. Absolutely hated the third generation.

As I said I wasn't a fan of the third gen either but they managed to actually make it look worse IMO... :-/
The front somewhat makes me think of the Karma.

It's the MP4-12C syndrome IMO, it just looks so generic and bland. I don't know but for me supercars should be unique and immediately recognizable. For example the 458, the Aventadore and even the 911 all have bold and/or iconic designs.
I hope that the new McLaren they'll reveal at the Monaco GP will be better in that regard but if it's anything like the MP4-12C (which I fear it will be), then I'll keep treating those new cars as coming from another manufacturer than the one that gave us the timeless F1.

I LOVE the new intro, Shortt!

That is from our very own sandbagging sunovabitch zorbsie! He has helped me a TON with backgrounds and avatars and such.

Great videos as usual Shortt, thanks for using my paints ;)

Maybe I'm gonna challenge myself and try to make something for ...

7044007305_3119a658a5_c.jpg

It's not gonna be easy and probably not anytime soon, but I'm thinking about it ...

I just decided at the last minute that it would be a simple way to show off your paints. I realize now that I should have edited in a few more passes of the camera to really show off the paints better.

And you should make the livery look like an old school gentleman version. Something with cigar and scotch. Dude! Do a Glenlivet or Glenfidditch sponsor!

The new Viper doesn't look that bad..

Oh, and the DLC Cadillac is an absolute boat lol..the back end just doesn't want to crack..

You know, I'd love for Turn 10 to actually tell people about the way they make a car's powertrain/driveline actually work in the game and what information is collected and included in said components.
I mean, as an example, they've actually included compression ratios in the engine specs yet not many people will know that.(It's hidden in some files). To go so far and include information like that and for it to have an actual affect on power output is very pedantic to say the least...(in a very good way)..
Don't be shy about your work and effort Turn 10. Tell the world and be proud!

I would love that data, especially if we could edit it. I would kill to be able to have a super high compression NA motor, or a low compression turbo motor with a massive blower. Let me REALLY bore out an old school 426 and put in some crazy cams to give it that uneven muscle car idle.

I really wish we could "tune" the cars more, even some generic ECU maps or something. Going back to our discussion about NFS:Underground 2, I would love for T10 to steal some of those ideas. As well as adding some options for visible FMIC, exhausts, etc.

saladine1

I would love that data, especially if we could edit it. I would kill to be able to have a super high compression NA motor, or a low compression turbo motor with a massive blower. Let me REALLY bore out an old school 426 and put in some crazy cams to give it that uneven muscle car idle.

I really wish we could "tune" the cars more, even some generic ECU maps or something. Going back to our discussion about NFS:Underground 2, I would love for T10 to steal some of those ideas. As well as adding some options for visible FMIC, exhausts, etc.

Hey, don't get me fired up here lol, God knows Gaf has had it up to here with my shit.

I would kill,yes, literally kill for a more hardcore upgrade and tuning mode. I want to get down and dirty with my engine Turn 10!

I really don't get it though. I've been banging on about this for so God damn long and for those requests not to materialize makes my heart boil.

I'm going to say it right here, right now.
Turn 10, it's time to move on from playing footsies with GT. From the outset, Forza was designed to compete with GT and for the last few iterations, it was still trying to compete as a 'driving simulator'.
Imo, you have now shown that you can stand alone and carve out your own destiny without having to look over your shoulder anymore.
It's time to move on from not only being a 'driving simulator'/--'car simulator' but a 'RACING SIMULATOR' as well and all that it entails including getting nitty gritty about 'grown up' power train/drivetrain and chassis/body modifications and tuning.......

Seriously, I'm loving the RX7. Speaking about idles, I thought it sounded great in stock trim but after adding the racing exhaust....holy shit gawdayam!
Buzz,burp,brap,jizz...it's come to life!

Top Bottom