• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

The new videos are up:

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 28 - Koenigsegg Agera

After watching that video of the Agera doing 250mph+ on the Nurburgring, I thought it would be the perfect car to do next. Boy was I wrong, this car is easily the worse car I have driven so far. I honestly have nothing good to say about this car, not one thing. It has no grip, at all ever. It doesn't brake, or turn and the power is so peaky it is pretty much worthless. It understeers into every corner, regardless of speed and then if you even DARE touch the throttle, it just attempts to spin into the trees. I probably hit faster speeds in the corners on the CTS-V than this turd. The power comes on in such a way that it makes accelerating on any thing but a straight line on a flat road pointless. Seriously, a horrible "super" car.

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 25 - Holden HSV GTS

REW138 driving this Aussie monster like a pro.

The new videos are up:

Oh gawsh, "like a pro"! <blushes>

Another car I enjoyed driving.

Not as much of a handful as I first thought.

You can tell its heavy, and it really needs to 'whoa nellie' into corners, but when it was in the correct RPM range it took corners like a champ. Gotta use the kerbs and body roll to take full advantage, though, as it needed the whole width of the tarmac to make it to the apex and exit.

It has impeccable grunt, and the big Chev V8 really wants to turn silicone/rubber into small clouds of smoke at any opportunity. As soon as you feel the back get a bit greasy, you've really got to back off and straighten up or else it's lights out and there will be a new addition to the front fenders, in the form of a guard rail.

It loved the straights to really test it's might and stretch its legs, but it also was a joy to drive through the chicanes and high speed corners.

Overall, I think that this car, in stock trim, really suited the Nurburgring circuit, although it could do with some suspension work, slightly wider tires, a spoiler and maybe some weight reduction (and maybe a Vodafone orange and silver livery) to fully stake it's claim as a giant in the green hell game.

Thanks for the opportunity to drive and I really hope to do more (as well as learn this circuit better). I think my driving on the Ring has improved though, so hopefully I can learn a few things.

Cheers

SarBear

um, I dont know, how would I know to upshift when the prius is wisper quiet, without a hud? lol. The mini can kiss my ass, just a fwd pain in the ass haha. Would probably roll the range and dont have the corvair haha. Guess I'll look into some cars to try

....that's the joke. =/

Arucardo

paskowitz

The new videos are up:

After watching that video of the Agera doing 250mph+ on the Nurburgring, I thought it would be the perfect car to do next. Boy was I wrong, this car is easily the worse car I have driven so far. I honestly have nothing good to say about this car, not one thing. It has no grip, at all ever. It doesn't brake, or turn and the power is so peaky it is pretty much worthless. It understeers into every corner, regardless of speed and then if you even DARE touch the throttle, it just attempts to spin into the trees. I probably hit faster speeds in the corners on the CTS-V than this turd. The power comes on in such a way that it makes accelerating on any thing but a straight line on a flat road pointless. Seriously, a horrible "super" car.

This video should prove to be invaluable to anyone who wants to master The Ring.

Arucardo

The new videos are up:

After all that praise I have to try this car myself on the ring ;) . An upgraded CCGT in Forza 3 was a nightmare when driving with a wheel, it wasn't nearly as bad when using a gamepad.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Hey guys, I'm very LTTP on this game, but I've been enjoying it!

So 2 things, really...

Is it likely that we will see any track packs? I'm all for cars and everything, but would love some new tracks.

The other thing is that I know I missed the boat on the GAF car trading thing, but was wondering if anyone had the following that they could gift to me, of course I would return them to the original owner(s) afterwards :)

• 1964 Ferrari 250 GTO
• 1957 Ferrari 250 TR
• 1965 Shelby Cobra Daytona
• 1958 Aston Martin DBR1

thanks for being patient - i've been busy but havent forgotten. your message is still waiting in my inbox as a reminder. next week is spring break for me, i'll send em out then.

Great pictures, Shinn!

Two of my latest:
7068004237_346e9d5f83_c.jpg

7068004289_98206516db_c.jpg

The Mazda at speed just flies.

Stubo

thanks for being patient - i've been busy but havent forgotten. your message is still waiting in my inbox as a reminder. next week is spring break for me, i'll send em out then.
Thanks man, it's easy to be patient while waiting on favours. I have enough for the Cobra Daytona or DBR1 now, so no worries if you're missing either of those :)

op_ivy

Thanks man, it's easy to be patient while waiting on favours. I have enough for the Cobra Daytona or DBR1 now, so no worries if you're missing either of those :)

save those credits. i'm not sure which one i'm missing, but i'm certain i dont own both :)

Wow it looks like Toyota Prius won't be the only Hybrid race car on the Super GT grid, Honda will be joining as well with CR-Z Race car :) (might be old news but it's new to me)

gt300_honda_cr_z_1.jpg

I know right? ;)

Hyundai Genesis GT3 surely looks nice too :D

6922186880_98e0d50baa_z.jpg

You could probably say the same about Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 ;)

nissan_nismo_gt3.jpg

Geez, there are so many cars that I want to be in Forza, but some of them probably will never make the cut :(

paskowitz

Hmmm.......thank you so much. If only Forza's Nurburgring was anything near that....

Forza is the ultimate tease. On one hand you have great physics with an amazing collection of cars and on the other complete butchering of track layouts like The Ring. I have the game sitting in my collection but its just not quite worth it to get a new 360 for (old one RROD'ed). NFS Shift 2 did it better and that makes me very sad.

Xanadu

Banned
Forza is the ultimate tease. On one hand you have great physics with an amazing collection of cars and on the other complete butchering of track layouts like The Ring. I have the game sitting in my collection but its just not quite worth it to get a new 360 for (old one RROD'ed). NFS Shift 2 did it better and that makes me very sad.

if they dont update the ring for forza 5 i wont be buying it, we've been complaining since forza 2 about this (and many, many other things) and they just dont seem to care, adding in useless shit like the top gear stuff instead

if they dont update the ring for forza 5 i wont be buying it, we've been complaining since forza 2 about this (and many, many other things) and they just dont seem to care, adding in useless shit like the top gear stuff instead

Forza 4 has decent enough physics, the handling, graphics and sound are great (wouldn't mind a bit more in the way of FFB) but the inaccuracies from Forza 1/2 days has got to be addressed I agree.

Also I want a proper career mode, a team, rival AI teams, a podium and some champagne.

No more dolly steps and no more fucking box-ticking, that's some lazy shit.

Forza 4 has decent enough physics, the handling, graphics and sound are great (wouldn't mind a bit more in the way of FFB) but the inaccuracies from Forza 1/2 days has got to be addressed I agree.

Also I want a proper career mode, a team, rival AI teams, a podium and some champagne.

No more dolly steps and no more fucking box-ticking, that's some lazy shit.

And minimum 10 new tracks, plus all the outdated tracks to be up to date. I can't even drive the Ring in Forza, seriously. I run the Ring in GT5 cause I can't even look at Forza version ;)

SarBear

FORZA! FORZA! FORZA! FORZA! FORZA! FORZA! FORZA! FORZA! FORZA! FORZA! FORZA! FORZA!

6924397748_e761da4d14_z.jpg

FORZA! FORZA! FORZA! FORZA! FORZA! FORZA! FORZA! FORZA! FORZA! FORZA! FORZA! FORZA!

I'm the same, DoNuT, I envy GT's Nurburgring/Monza/Suzuka (and F40!) even though I could just fire GT5 and play with the damn things on there.

I love how the game looks, and their Nurburgring is awesome....but the sound is SO BAD! I went to record some high speed runs on SSR7 a bit ago and I just gave up because all the cars just sounded so bad. The game is gorgeous, but they really need to just trash how they do sound and figure out something better.

I could be wrong, but I think there might be text in that pic. I think this requires some closer examinations....

------------------

Got the new videos from yesterday up! (Sorry they are late)

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 29 - Volkswagen Golf R

Driving this car, you can really see how much bigger the Golfs have become. It does still feel peppy and it is a lot of fun to drive, but I just can't get over how heavy it feels. These were always such fun, light cars that you could just fling around. With the bigger body and the AWD, it doesn't really feel like a Golf anymore. I actually think I like the R32 better than this car. Not that the new Golf R is bad, it just doesn't really feel like a Golf should.

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 26 - TEAM PHOENIX Astra V8

Sneaky77 tearing ass around the Ring in the awesome Astra V8.

Mascot

I don't let things like this bother me, to be honest. I've never driven The Ring in real life enough times to be able to tell of any discrepancies between it and FM4's version. I just get out there and enjoy it. And enjoy it a lot.
Same goes with all the other tracks.

zorbsie

Sucks that the game with devs is in the middle of the day. Maybe I'll just go home sick.
Sunday races would be awesome. Sadly, this Sunday is no good for me. What about just setting up a lobby and do some races on a weeknight?

paskowitz

I don't let things like this bother me, to be honest. I've never driven The Ring in real life enough times to be able to tell of any discrepancies between it and FM4's version. I just get out there and enjoy it. And enjoy it a lot.
Same goes with all the other tracks.

The Ring is kinda one of those sacred cows. You don't mess with it. Outside of Le Mans, it is the most historic race track. As in the amount of history that was made there. The whole point of the track is that it is narrow, bumpy and just plain brutal. Its not so much that T10 does not want to do this it is because they do not want to do it in the name of making the game fun and accessible. I will put it to you this way. The Nurburgring is a like a final boss fight. It is not meant to be easy and if it was, you would be kinda disappointed.

op_ivy

by the way, race pro is pretty damn good. certainly worth it for the track variety alone, plus, its dirt cheap. i'm loving the street circuits especially. Circuito da Guia (Macau) is absoultely incredible! i think its jumped ahead of everything else to top my wish list for fm5. a tight city track with fast and technical sections AND elevation. hot.

sneaky77

by the way, race pro is pretty damn good. certainly worth it for the track variety alone, plus, its dirt cheap. i'm loving the street circuits especially. Circuito da Guia (Macau) is absoultely incredible! i think its jumped ahead of everything else to top my wish list for fm5. a tight city track with fast and technical sections AND elevation. hot.

I need to get back into that game, I bought it soon after I got the wheel and put a lot of time into Forza

SarBear

:(

The chat is the best part. You see some of everything in there. I got in an argument with some fella over nudging him in the last lap.....but dude, my lap time is EIGHT seconds faster than yours. C'mon.

Edit:

Shortt, THANKS for keeping that A class Cobalt SS active. I won a race with it!

sneaky77

The chat is the best part. You see some of everything in there. I got in an argument with some fella over nudging him in the last lap.....but dude, my lap time is EIGHT seconds faster than yours. C'mon.

you probably inadvertily poked him on the eye with the boobs

Edit:

Shortt, THANKS for keeping that A class Cobalt SS active. I won a race with it!

I am glad you dig it! I like the tune a lot, but I know it is not for everyone. It is one of my favorite sleeper cars because nobody expects an A Class FWD Cobalt to be that fast.

SarBear

I am glad you dig it! I like the tune a lot, but I know it is not for everyone. It is one of my favorite sleeper cars because nobody expects an A Class FWD Cobalt to be that fast.

It took me a lap to get used to it, because for some reason I locked the brakes up quite easily under heavy braking, but after I got the hang of it I was flying with this thing.

Top Bottom