• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Shaneus

In his case, he's not hosting it anywhere, he's put it on a USB drive to transfer it.

Its definitely done to encourage people to buy Gold and I dont see anything wrong with that, to be honest.
Yeah, fair call. But you know how tight MS are with USB devices and hacking etc. Don't encrypt that stuff, there's another potential hole that they'd be worried about. The PGR4 thing was done prior to regular USB devices being allowed for use as memory, same with FM3/4. I'm surprised no-one has come up with a decrypter, given you can do pretty much everything else with exe hack files to modify money/level :(

PS. Hertz, that's just outstanding... you have an amazing knack for creating a livery that actually looks like a legitimate real-world vibe. Just like that guy who did the Takata WRX in FM3 (or FM2?). Wait... that wasn't you, was it?

Hertz,
That is amazing.

How do you keep coming up with these?

Is there a way you choose where to put the coloured patches, stripes and decals etc? Cos when I try to do a 'Hertz inspired' design, I come up massively short.

Is there a technique you use to figure out how the car will look with all the colours you choose?

Maybe one day you could write a bit of a guide or maybe just a short blurb, cos these things are truly professional quality.

Keep up the amazing work.

Ps. Can I suggest maybe a YouTube logo somewhere....

Well, to be honest with you I don't have a recipe for paints, it just flows. To me is like a puzzle, just putting together fitting pieces :D

Before you start the job you should at least have a main sponsor, so you know what colors are you gonna work with, how to prepare layout so the main sponsor is clearly visible etc. If the base design is very busy, than make sure to outline the main sponsor logo cause it will make it pop more.

The best way to start a paint is to take at least two colors of the main sponsor, three if it has a lot of colors and one mess with them. You can add an extra color or remove one of the colors you previously chosen and replace it with a different one that will help make a contrast with other two. From now on you just go with the flow of the body of the car, that will always guarantee at least a decent looking base design. From that point you just mess with it a little adding some more things to it. Even the smallest addition can change the look a lot.

Secondary sponsors are also very important in terms of layout and colors. Wise choice and placement will make the design look more complete.

I'm really not too good with explaining things, it's hard cause I don't think I do anything special with those cars and it feels very natural to me. If you guys have any questions I can answer them, that will make it a little easier ;)

As for the YouTube logo, yeah, It will be there somewhere, that was the plan, along with NeoGaf logo ;)

Shaneus

The best way to start a paint is to take at least two colors of the main sponsor, three if it has a lot of colors and one mess with them. You can add an extra color or remove one of the colors you previously chosen and replace it with a different one that will help make a contrast with other two. From now on you just go with the flow of the body of the car, that will always guarantee at least a decent looking base design. From that point you just mess with it a little adding some more things to it. Even the smallest addition can change the look a lot.

Secondary sponsors are also very important in terms of layout and the colors. Wise choice and placement will make the design look more complete.

I'm really not too good with explaining things, it's hard cause I don't think I do anything special with those cars and it feels very natural to me. If you guys have any questions I can answer them, that will make it a little easier ;)
Wow. It seems somewhat obvious reading through your post now but that's EXACTLY what it is! Makes so much more sense. I'm now on a hunt to look for potential schemes ;)

PS. Hertz, that's just outstanding... you have an amazing knack for creating a livery that actually looks like a legitimate real-world vibe. Just like that guy who did the Takata WRX in FM3 (or FM2?). Wait... that wasn't you, was it?

Thanks Shaneus, that's my goal actually, to make those paints look like the real ones. Some of them are might not be believable but it's only because they are not on the race track, at least I think. Like the SLS GT3, it might not be believable due to its nature, lot's of colors, comic book like sponsor but It would be perfectly believable if you would see it on real car. I always say, if something it's not out there doesn't mean it can't exist, right? ;)

As for the Takata paint, no that wasn't me, someone did it in FM2, then they had another competition in FM3 for a new season. Didn't have the chance to take part in it, and even If I had I wouldn't do to great, cause I can't paint any road Subaru, I just can't. The car in terms of painting just doesn't speak to me ;)

EDIT:

If anyone wants to get he painting going but doesn't have many logos and stuff just send me a message on xbox live (my GT is the same as my GAF name) saying you from GAF and I'll hook you up with tons of logos ;)

Shaneus

Thanks Shaneus, that's my goal actually, to make those paints look like the real ones. Some of them are might not be believable but it's only because they are not on the race track, at least I think. Like the SLS GT3, it might not be believable due to its nature, lot's of colors, comic book like sponsor but It would be perfectly believable if you would see it on real car. I always say, if something it's not out there doesn't mean it can't exist, right? ;)

As for the Takata paint, no that wasn't me, someone did it in FM2, then they had another competition in FM3 for a new season. Didn't have the chance to take part in it, and even If I had I wouldn't do to great, cause I can't paint any road Subaru, I just can't. The car in terms of painting just doesn't speak to me ;)

EDIT:

If anyone wants to get he painting going but doesn't have many logos and stuff just send me a message on xbox live (my GT is the same as my GAF name) saying you from GAF and I'll hook you up with tons of logos ;)
Yeah, as far as painting cars goes, there are definitely some with certain lines that lend themselves to painting better than others. But with any luck MS will release a WiiU-like tablet on the next Xbox to make livery painting even easier still ;)

Got the new videos up:

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 25 - Pagani Zonda R

This was the leader of the New 'Ring Kings for a while, and with good reason. This car was built to only do one thing: go fast. It didn't have to worry about regulations or anything silly like that. This is what happens when brilliant people get together to do something spectacular. It is essentially the Delta S4 of supercars. Yeah, it is based on a road car...barely. They took that car and made it most extreme example of speed they could. This car goes faster than you can handle and brakes better than anything out there. It screams around the track like it was built just for you, just for this lap. Just brilliant...

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 22 - Ferrari 599XX

Dead Poul is the one making this car scream around the 'Ring.

PS: Since this was the halfway point, and since it was the Zonda R, I am also uploading the lap from the bumper cam. I will add an annotation to the original video with a link.

Well, to be honest with you I don't have a recipe for paints, it just flows. To me is like a puzzle, just putting together fitting pieces :D

Before you start the job you should at least have a main sponsor, so you know what colors are you gonna work with, how to prepare layout so the main sponsor is clearly visible etc. If the base design is very busy, than make sure to outline the main sponsor logo cause it will make it pop more.

Secondary sponsors are also very important in terms of layout and colors. Wise choice and placement will make the design look more complete.

As for the YouTube logo, yeah, It will be there somewhere, that was the plan, along with NeoGaf logo ;)

That's awesome bro. Will read again when I get home.
My 'Hertz inspired' design will no doubt be terrible, though!

I just started taking pics. Here are my first 3 shots ever.

JAtIu.jpg

LaesI.jpg

KRUqQ.jpg

Welp, I tried my best and this is how my "HERTZ INSPIRED" design came out.
Personally, I think it looks pretty cool (based a bit on another design I had going).
I tried to keep in mind what Hertz said in thinking about what base colours to choose and what the main sponsor might be, I then based my sub-sponsors on the main (what?).

If you like it, I can chuck it up on my SF tomorrow for you to grab.
I'll work on a tune too.

I included a shot of the vinyls I made for this design too, so if you want them, I can gift them across to you otherwise, all of these vinyls should be FREE on my store.

I hope you like it.

7057170977_6720ab45dc_z.jpg

7057171651_913fc52f18_z.jpg

7057172653_b3140f1441_z.jpg

6911088644_03724c64d2_z.jpg

7057172191_0a8f9efb0b_z.jpg

7057173003_a1d7041c13_z.jpg

7057173327_d6ddd2ab93_z.jpg

Few new vinyls...
7057173663_caecfcb5a3_z.jpg

Anyone know of a better way to take pics of roofs to get a better quality shot of vinyls?

Ps. I was fooling around with colours and I think I discovered possibly THE most 80's car ever...

6911090588_32dd50fe73_z.jpg

@op_ivy, no it's not on the storefront yet, hoping to get it done tomorrow. I have some major problems with the logo layout on the sides of the car. I'm changing the concept a little bit to make everything work. Big logo "50 days of green hell" stays on the hood and will be feature on both sides of the car behind the rear wheels. Will have to put something else on the door cause the Nurburgring map won't work on the right side and I don't want to make it mirrored cause it would break the whole design.

@evil_as_skeleton, looking really good mate, you can be proud of yourself man. Remember one thing, the more you paint and work with the editor the better you get, your thinking and planning will change over time and things that took you forever at the beginning will take minutes after time. Keep painting mate, you never know what potential might be hidden down deep ;)

SarBear

@op_ivy, no it's not on the storefront yet, hoping to get it done tomorrow. I have some major problems with the logo layout on the sides of the car. I'm changing the concept a little bit to make everything work. Big logo "50 days of green hell" stays on the hood and will be feature on both sides of the car behind the rear wheels. Will have to put something else on the door cause the Nurburgring map won't work on the right side and I don't want to make it mirrored cause it would break the whole design.

@evil_as_skeleton, looking really good mate, you can be proud of yourself man. Remember one thing, the more you paint and work with the editor the better you get, your thinking and planning will change over time and things that took you forever at the beginning will take minutes after time. Keep painting mate, you never know what potential might be hidden down deep ;)

You could put a picture of Shortt yelling "SHIT!!" at the top of his lungs on one of the side doors. Would capture the essence of when he makes a mistake out there. ;)

Thanks very much, mate!
I'll keep trying.
Do you use any reference material for how a real race car livery should look, or is it all imagination?

You could put a picture of Shortt yelling "SHIT!!" at the top of his lungs on one of the side doors. Would capture the essence of when he makes a mistake out there. ;)

Haha, this is more accurate than I care to admit!

-------------------------

Got the new videos up:

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 26 - Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4

Yes this car is fast. Yes it controls amazingly well and hits corners like a car half it's weight. But none of that is important. The only thing that matters is the NOISE! This car sounds just incredible! Hearing it run through the gears with that growling sound is awesome. It sounds just so evil and yet the power delivery is so smooth. Really great car with an engine from hell.

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 23 - Wiesmann GT MF5

The one and only Amar is the masked man behind this lap!

SarBear

Haha, this is more accurate than I care to admit!

-------------------------

Got the new videos up:

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 26 - Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4

Yes this car is fast. Yes it controls amazingly well and hits corners like a car half it's weight. But none of that is important. The only thing that matters is the NOISE! This car sounds just incredible! Hearing it run through the gears with that growling sound is awesome. It sounds just so evil and yet the power delivery is so smooth. Really great car with an engine from hell.

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 23 - Wiesmann GT MF5

The one and only Amar is the masked man behind this lap!

Did you watch the one of me in the Honda yet? About halfway through the lap I almost spun out....and for some reason I just started driving ANGRY AS FUCK. It's kinda funny to watch. :)

SarBear

HEY,

Because a few people weren't present last time.........GAME WITH DEVELOPERS on Thursday, April 12th at 1pm EST (GMT -5). This is how you REALLY obtain unicorns, free DLC codes, and anything else they choose to give out.

Sorry for the bold, but it was either that or try to get some attention by posting bra pics of my girl. -__-

HEY,

Because a few people weren't present last time.........GAME WITH DEVELOPERS on Thursday, April 12th at 1pm EST (GMT -5). This is how you REALLY obtain unicorns, free DLC codes, and anything else they choose to give out.

Sorry for the bold, but it was either that or try to get some attention by posting bra pics of my girl. -__-

I'm sorry I missed it, maybe you should resort to plan B....!?

Did you watch the one of me in the Honda yet? About halfway through the lap I almost spun out....and for some reason I just started driving ANGRY AS FUCK. It's kinda funny to watch. :)

I haven't watched that one yet. Just recorded your ISF lap last night.

ahw,

adfoiajneq[meoqinzyzopiuamdfa.....adfouiqinrjknl;skjncvo;jaoijnwekrjnalkjsdfoiutbnpzaoan. aoiemqroqppoekkljna,alidjfaoiurpiore,andalioqwerqner

Hm, looks like you might need to do plan B because your post just appears to be gibberish!

Yeah, no way I can make the Game with Developers during working hours...

So I just beat the T10 bounty for this week. That challenge was freakin' HARD. Glad to be done with it. I really hope he picks the GT500 as the prize car.

...so yeah, please go over to the official forums and request that the GT500 be the prize car. ;)

There's a facebook chat room? is there nudity in it? lol

What are all these chat rooms? Facebook, IRC, etc..jesus people!

-----------------------------------

Got the new videos up:

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 27 - 2012 BMW M5

The original autobahn burner is back in a new form this year. It now has a V8, a pair of turbos and the same ridiculous speed it always has. It feels heavy, as it should, but it also moves faster than you would ever realize. And it does it with barely any fanfare. First you are just slamming around the Ring and the next thing you know you are doing almost a buck-fifty. You can tell its made more for long, straight roads than an actual track, but that doesn't mean it is terrible. It still goes like stink and the new V8 sounds great.

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 24 - Ferrari F50 GT

Mc Kane making the mental F50GT scream around The Ring.

The paint is done and it's up on my storefront along with the tune for it, enjoy ;) Remember to rate if u take, it helps ;) I really didn't want to do it but I had to mirror the Nurburgring map on the right side, nothing else worked, the text is the right way though ;)

This paint also starts the series of paints for my original racing series IGT (intercontinental GT) For now I have lame window banner, quite nice number boards and series logo, will improve the banner as I go. You can see it all on the new Sagaris paint.

6916756576_f2eb719ffb_z.jpg

6916756612_e0d52cd2fb_z.jpg

6916756618_ae42148126_z.jpg

6916756628_0e008e7388_z.jpg

Cheers, HD

I was driving that most of the weekend as well, such an awesome little car. Real class-beater.

I made a custom race livery for it that I'm satisfied with, but the more I drive it the more I want to make it all black, because it reminds me of Batmans tumbler when I watch the replays.

I made a custom race livery for it that I'm satisfied with, but the more I drive it the more I want to make it all black, because it reminds me of Batmans tumbler when I watch the replays.

I haven't got the heart to change the liveries on the historic race cars.

Think the only one I've changed was the GT40mkII, Gulf livery of course.

Your videos are awesome Shinn! How do you do the side by side? What program do you use to edit the videos? I use the free (and meh) Windows Movie Makeer and I have been looking for something better...as long as it is not too expensive.

Marco1

Loving the pics and videos and looking forward to see what you all do when the Porsche pack arrives.
Congrats to Turn10 for the greatest driving sim I've ever played.

shinnn

Your videos are awesome Shinn! How do you do the side by side? What program do you use to edit the videos? I use the free (and meh) Windows Movie Makeer and I have been looking for something better...as long as it is not too expensive.

Thanks. I use the Sony Vegas. Its a bit difficult to learn. I've used the Cyberlink PowerDirector in the past and it's more easy to use and very good too.

Top Bottom