• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

jcutner

http://www.alms.com/articles/snake-bit-srt-viper-returning-alms%E2%80%99-gt-class

Spot the Forza logo on the side!

Viper-SRT-ALMS-040412-1.jpg

Arucardo

What the.....Cycled Production is gone, the whole Turn 10 Selection is missing from the online ladders :( I hope this means they'll update it.

saladine1

If 5 is really coming out next yr, I am going to need a good number of new tracks to get really excited for it. I am sure the new coat of graphics will be great but.. c'mon turn 10

How about if they made Laguna Seca reverse?
Would you be interested then.....?

zorbsie

Will Turn 10 be at PAX East? Will we get any new info (FH/FM5) there? Or will we have to wait till E3?
And on a side note is anyone else going to PAX East this weekend?

Wishful thinking, huh? lol. Microsoft will be the second place I hit up after checking out Borderlands 2. Maybe they'll have a sneak peek of the Porsche pack.

I really wanted to go to PAX East but it is just far enough away to make it difficult. I know they already have two, but a Midwest PAX would be really nice!

Edit: Alright, I just had a great idea! The "Snake Charmers" series has been put on hold for now. It will start up the day this DLC hits. Do you guys want to use the SRT, the GTS or the Le Mans version?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
How about if they made Laguna Seca reverse?
Would you be interested then.....?

i definitely would love to be able to race all the official tracks in reverse.... but it would never happen.

autovista confirmed!

I really wanted to go to PAX East but it is just far enough away to make it difficult. I know they already have two, but a Midwest PAX would be really nice!

Edit: Alright, I just had a great idea! The "Snake Charmers" series has been put on hold for now. It will start up the day this DLC hits. Do you guys want to use the SRT, the GTS or the Le Mans version?

no preference from me.

sneaky77

I went to Pax East last yr, it was pretty great. I was able to play Shift 2 in a nice rig they had lol.

Probably any kinda Forza Horizon will be at E3 and no mention of Forza 5 I don't think.

Also that Viper is kinda.. i dunno.. I don't hate it, but I don't love it

Well screw you! lol.. jk, as this won't be part of the season1 DLC I am probably out, unless there is a season 2 that makes it a little more compelling.

guest1321

I'll join in if we use the GTS. That car is hawt

I went to Pax East last yr, it was pretty great. I was able to play Shift 2 in a nice rig they had lol.

Probably any kinda Forza Horizon will be at E3 and no mention of Forza 5 I don't think.

Also that Viper is kinda.. i dunno.. I don't hate it, but I don't love it

Well screw you! lol.. jk, as this won't be part of the season1 DLC I am probably out, unless there is a season 2 that makes it a little more compelling.

I would honestly bet money that this will be a free DLC. Mainly because it is such great PR for Chrysler to get it to as many people as possible.

G Rom

They mention a "Viper pack" on FM.net. I'm betting on a free pack similar to the F10 M5 and Veloster Turbo as well.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
They mention a "Viper pack" on FM.net. I'm betting on a free pack similar to the F10 M5 and Veloster Turbo as well.
Agreed.

The best part about this pack and others is that Turn10 is courting more manufacturers the way GT does. For a long time GT5 has gotten the scoop on new unveiling with in-game tie ins really fast. Which is really cool considering the overlap of people who play the game and people who keep up with automotive news. I hope we get more of this in the future like Polyphony has done.

If there is one downside to these "freebies", it's that there are no Clarkson commentary's in AV.

I really wish they did more recordings - some of them are real crack ups.

Has anyone got any good shots of the DLC rx7 yet? I'm having console withdrawals being away from home ATM.

My mate had the gall to call me up last night with the rx7 idling over the phone after exhaust upgrade, which he proceeded to turn the volume up on. Twat (fuck it sounds glorious though!

Quite like the look of the Viper. It's kind of "euro" in the front end though, maybe that's what's putting people off?

Awesome that we'll get it for Forza 4 :D

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Quite like the look of the Viper. It's kind of "euro" in the front end though, maybe that's what's putting people off?

Awesome that we'll get it for Forza 4 :D
It's just the design language at the front does not coincide with the rest of the car, and it looks too much like generic euro sportscar #1644. Front is too low and lean, and not aggressive enough IMO.

Got the new videos up:

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 22 - Seat Leon Supercup

This car is basically a giant go-kart. This kind of fun is what you get with a perfectly set-up car and just enough horsepower to get in trouble. These type of cars are some of my favorite to drive because you can really flog them. You don't have to worry about using too much throttle or locking up the brakes too easily, you just point it where you want to go and slam the pedal to the floor. Response is almost perfect and there is barely a hint of understeer. This car is everything a drivers car should be.

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 19 - Ford Focus RS

LoopofHenle flogging the awesome Focus RS.

Am I the only one that detests ghosts on Rivals mode?!

I think it's highlighted with the latest one in the SLS race car, if the Rival car is any more than a car length ahead, it's like a goddam brick wall blocking your view. Miss so many apexes and lines just because your perception is off by a fraction due to not being able to see the track clearly until you're right on the corner.

Switching out of cockpit view helps a little, but you shouldn't have to.

And if Turn 10 persist in locking a "Ghost Off" action out, then they should at least make it so the ghost actually STAYS a fully transparent ghost, not suddenly becoming fully opaque at a couple of car lengths out. You only have to have a Rival late brake, or make a mistake to suddenly appear in front of you and completely mess your lap.

G Rom

The permaghost in Rivals is yet another design decision that I don't get either. :-/

Well, maybe "different" is the term I'm looking for ;) At least it's less out-of-place than some of the other efforts.

Even though the rims have been better in the latest DLCs, I think you're thinking that because you're probably looking at the AV model. In AV, cars always had superior and more realistic shaders (DeLorean not shiny, matte 908, etc...). Could explain the "different" look.

sneaky77

Am I the only one that detests ghosts on Rivals mode?!

I think it's highlighted with the latest one in the SLS race car, if the Rival car is any more than a car length ahead, it's like a goddam brick wall blocking your view. Miss so many apexes and lines just because your perception is off by a fraction due to not being able to see the track clearly until you're right on the corner.

Switching out of cockpit view helps a little, but you shouldn't have to.

And if Turn 10 persist in locking a "Ghost Off" action out, then they should at least make it so the ghost actually STAYS a fully transparent ghost, not suddenly becoming fully opaque at a couple of car lengths out. You only have to have a Rival late brake, or make a mistake to suddenly appear in front of you and completely mess your lap.

no you arent it wass mentioned a lot when the game was first out

Stubo

Hey guys, I'm very LTTP on this game, but I've been enjoying it!

So 2 things, really...

Is it likely that we will see any track packs? I'm all for cars and everything, but would love some new tracks.

The other thing is that I know I missed the boat on the GAF car trading thing, but was wondering if anyone had the following that they could gift to me, of course I would return them to the original owner(s) afterwards :)

• 1964 Ferrari 250 GTO
• 1957 Ferrari 250 TR
• 1965 Shelby Cobra Daytona
• 1958 Aston Martin DBR1

op_ivy

Hey guys, I'm very LTTP on this game, but I've been enjoying it!

So 2 things, really...

Is it likely that we will see any track packs? I'm all for cars and everything, but would love some new tracks.

The other thing is that I know I missed the boat on the GAF car trading thing, but was wondering if anyone had the following that they could gift to me, of course I would return them to the original owner(s) afterwards :)

• 1964 Ferrari 250 GTO
• 1957 Ferrari 250 TR
• 1965 Shelby Cobra Daytona
• 1958 Aston Martin DBR1
• 1957 Ferrari 250 California
• 2010 Ferrari 599XX

there is rumored to be one with the may porsche pack, but to be honest, i think it only became a rumor after a mis-interpretation/translation of new events in the career. so, as of now, i'm not expecting anything. hopefully we'll have a definitive one way or the other soon with the end of season one of DLC and the start (?) of the 2nd.

as far as trading cars, shoot me a message on XBL (LoopOfHenle) and i'll see what i got (may be missing one or two though)

Stubo

there is rumored to be one with the may porsche pack, but to be honest, i think it only became a rumor after a mis-interpretation/translation of new events in the career. so, as of now, i'm not expecting anything. hopefully we'll have a definitive one way or the other soon with the end of season one of DLC and the start (?) of the 2nd.

as far as trading cars, shoot me a message on XBL (LoopOfHenle) and i'll see what i got (may be missing one or two though)
I'm sold on the Porsche pack regardless, but it would be nice to have extra tracks, even if it's only a few.

Message sent :) I've bought the 599XX and 250 California now, so that's two off my list.

G Rom

The track rumour didn't come from a mistranslation, it came from a post on FC by a guy who, IIRC, already had insider info before FM4's E3 reveal last year.
BTW, BADNED said yesterday that "a lot could happen in 48 days" refering to the time between the April DLC and the Porsche expansion pack. We know that the Viper pack won't be out until summer so I wonder what could indeed happen during that long time.

op_ivy

The track rumour didn't come from a mistranslation, it came from a post on FC by a guy who, IIRC, already had insider info before FM4's E3 reveal last year.
BTW, BADNED said yesterday that "a lot could happen in 48 days" refering to the time between the April DLC and the Porsche expansion pack. We know that the Viper pack won't be out until summer so I wonder what could indeed happen during that long time.

i've been burned before...

also, forza-GAF, i just ordered race pro (for $7) for shits. what am i in for?

sounds like a solid sim with poor-ish graphics and stability.

The Stig

i've been burned before...

its good. works with the MS wheel too.

it is very unforgiving. also your view rattles around perhaps a little too much (its been a long time)

TJP

You are getting Race '07 and GTR Evo for the Xbox 360 8)

Average graphics are more than made up for in track selection (with DLC) and great physics.

op_ivy

its good. works with the MS wheel too.

it is very unforgiving. also your view rattles around perhaps a little too much (its been a long time)

sounds perfect

You are getting Race '07 and GTR Evo for the Xbox 360 8)

Average graphics are more than made up for in track selection (with DLC) and great physics.

i bought it in hopes for a good sim experience and some new rack variety. funny, cause i've been itching to get back into shift 2 for its tracks, but bought this instead. i'll have plenty to do over spring break :p

whats the DLC and is it cheap? didnt realize it had any...

Top Bottom