• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

anyone else here getting The witcher, never played the first on pc but looks pretty cool so I am excited to give it a go

Yeah, I just grabbed it today and am really digging it so far.

---------------------

Got the new videos up:

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 34 - Gumpert Apollo S

I always think this car looks ugly until I really start to look at it. It has one of those looks that starts out hideous and gets better the more time you have with it. And the car drives something similar to that. It seems crazy and overboard at first, but the more time you spend with it the greater it becomes. It seems like it can handle almost anything and it will do exactly what you want. Until, that is, you stop respecting it. Then it will make you rue the day you even tried to drive it. You can see this happen a couple of times in the lap, the exact moment when I think I don't have to worry about the car and then it is almost sideways. It is supremely capable and fast as hell but the second you take that for granted, it will kill you. It is a great car to drive and it really has a great, if brutal, personality.

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 31 - Lexus IS F

Yes, this is Dead Poul doing his normal "oh look how easy it is to drive stupidly fast" thing he normally does in the awesome Lexus IS-F.

SarBear

Yeah, I just grabbed it today and am really digging it so far.

---------------------

Got the new videos up:

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 34 - Gumpert Apollo S

I always think this car looks ugly until I really start to look at it. It has one of those looks that starts out hideous and gets better the more time you have with it. And the car drives something similar to that. It seems crazy and overboard at first, but the more time you spend with it the greater it becomes. It seems like it can handle almost anything and it will do exactly what you want. Until, that is, you stop respecting it. Then it will make you rue the day you even tried to drive it. You can see this happen a couple of times in the lap, the exact moment when I think I don't have to worry about the car and then it is almost sideways. It is supremely capable and fast as hell but the second you take that for granted, it will kill you. It is a great car to drive and it really has a great, if brutal, personality.

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 31 - Lexus IS F

Yes, this is Dead Poul doing his normal "oh look how easy it is to drive stupidly fast" thing he normally does in the awesome Lexus IS-F.

No way! The ISF is just a GREAT car! The weight, power distribution, gears, handling, and acceleration are all just perfect for this car! Other than it being a sedan, I can't see why anyone wouldn't buy this over an M3.

Hey Shortt, the "50 Days of Green Hell" promo paint got the T10 pick this week (actually got second place with it) so hopefully more people will find out about your project ;)

Cheers, HD

paskowitz

Get to it. New Ring Taxi:

imageDispatcher.jsp

Mascot

Here are some WIP pictures of the next project, won't be a killer but I really wanted to make something for Devon ;)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7202/6944619964_b030823e89_z.jpg[/IMG ]

[IMG]http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5200/6944619954_e1592bef17_z.jpg[/IMG ][/QUOTE]

Fuck! How did I forget Virgin?

Still think you need to do a 'Marmite' car, H3rTZ..!
;)

SarBear

I used the F50 for one race online......

.....one of the users from FSP (you guys are just not fast, face it bro!) called me a pussy and a newb. =(

I love it that no one really knows what GAF is, so whenever I enter a room I'm just a random player. It's always a shock when I end up winning a few races. Would love to get Seanspeed in some S class races with me and trade 1st and 2nd with him all night until a few users tap out.

Yes, you've been invited friend. How do you feel about the 04 Mustang Cobra and Porsche 911 models?
Ha,
I've never liked porsche's style, it's beginning to grow on me though. Funny you ask about the Cobra 'cause when I was in middle school, my sister's boyfriend at the time had an '04 Cobra. Chameleon paint, used to think the thing was awesome. Not much of a mustang guy though really, there's just so many, but always loved how that Cobra roared. This is more my thing.

GN-1.jpg

Great car, I love the GNX. I would do terrible things to be able to own one, but even the "normal" Grand Nationals are crazy expensive.

Funny you should mention it because it is going to be my next car for my 50 Days.

Speaking of, I got the new videos up:

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 35 - Alfa Romeo 155 Q4

I have always dug this car. Something about the quirky look and the great sound that engine makes. Of course, watching classic racing videos of this bad boy in action might have something to do with it also. Either way, this car is just MADE for this course. It has to be the most perfect handling car I have driven so far. It does exactly what you think it should, exactly as it should. No questions, no hesitation, no problems. It goes where you point and it does it quicker than it has any right to. It feels fast and planted and was a pure pleasure to drive. I suggest everyone grab this car stock and just have a great time running it around the Ring.

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 32 - Audi Sport Quattro S1

Watch Arucaardo run this Group B monster around the Green Hell.

G Rom

Ha,
I've never liked porsche's style, it's beginning to grow on me though. Funny you ask about the Cobra 'cause when I was in middle school, my sister's boyfriend at the time had an '04 Cobra. Chameleon paint, used to think the thing was awesome. Not much of a mustang guy though really, there's just so many, but always loved how that Cobra roared. This is more my thing.

[IMG ]http://www.carthrottle.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/GN-1.jpg[/IMG]

Wrong answers !
Don't worry, SarBear is going to change your mind one way or another :
4.jpg

BTW, for those wondering where all those homespaces from the leaked video have gone, well BADNED provides the answer : to waste.

BADNED said:
The Bonneville homespace [from the E3 10 renders] was one of 25 T10 created for FM4 but only the 6 you have now made it into the final game. At the moment they have no plans to release any of the remaining 19 and it is not really a big loss as the majority was very similar anyway.

A shame really, I would have loved this one :
Forza+Motorsport+4+Leaked+video++youtube.jpg

Looks like something that could be out of a car brochure IMO.

That's what I find hard to fathom half the time. The homespaces we're *done or near enough, yet we don't get them. At least put 1 out with each DLC release as a sweetener.

As far as I'm concerned, you can't have enough homespaces. Six is too little, I actually find myself a bit bored with them already. GT5 nailed this one: lots of great photo locations.

Can I join GAF club?? My xbl is Dzidza1978

Can I also join? My XBL is LiebyBear.

Just send a PM to me, SarBear or OpIvy with your GamerTag and we will invite you. It is an invite only club for now.

Any GAF events/tourneys on the horizon? What's this 50 days thing?

We haven't really been doing any more races on Sundays, but there has been some talk of doing unofficial races on Sunday. The 50 Days is a small project I am running where I take different stock cars around The Ring. I am always looking for Guest Drivers if you want to do a quick run and add to the series.

You can see the rules and some of the videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShorttSirket

Seanspeed

Banned
Had issues trying to connect to races, so I spent some time in Rivals. Such a gold mine. Earned 3 million pretty easily. Up to 25,000,000 credits, which should be pretty sufficient to get all the Porsche's I will require.

saladine1

Great video.

In my dreams Turn 10 would produce one of these videos for each of their simulation systems, describing how those systems affect your drive, how Forza 4 models those systems and depicts them in the telemetry, and how to tune your car in-game to take advantage of differing conditions.

Great video!

I really admire Turn 10's commitment to the fans. They didn't have to share anything, they could've just released the game and ended it at that, but no, they keep on giving.
Videos such as these increase appreciation for the game, and highlights the passion and dedication Turn 10 have for their products.

I've always wanted a video tutorial of sorts for the upgrades and tuning processes in the game which would be invaluable to the uninitiated especially.
As I've mentioned previously, I think it was an old Colin McRae game where you were actually the R and D for certain car components such as suspension and brakes. You had visual tutorials on what each upgrade or tuning parameter actually did.
This would be great in Forza because the upgrades and tuning processes are more in depth.
So, instead of a scrolling description on what camber does,you show a video of it in action along with the potential hazards of a too negative or positive application for example.
Extend this to all other areas and you have instantly given the public a much better understanding of what upgrades do and how tuning affects those components..

I've unfortunately had to pull out from Club GAF temporarily (I wasn't really contributing much anyway) to join another club (Ausrotary Forums) - frees up a spot for someone more dedicated anyway.

I have remade a design that I used as a prize car for a race series/Time Attack that I organized back in FM3 for the Ausrotary forums.

I have revived it for the new go at Time Attacks/Rivals and added it to the AusRx club garage.

I will make it available on my SF too, if anyone wants it.

6947457104_d5200efac7_c.jpg

7093527763_913e23d32e_c.jpg

7093527629_5c086eaa60_c.jpg

Got the videos done last night, but completely forgot to post.

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 36 - Buick Regal GNX
I have always loved this car. There is just something about it's uncompromising attitude that I just love. It is powerful, it is fast and it is quite rare which makes it the perfect addition to a racing game. And I will say I had a lot of fun on this lap. This car just BEGS to have its tail end sliding all over the place. Luckily it is probably the easiest car to keep the tail out. It could do it all day and you barely have to pay attention. This car just wants to go fast and burn tires and I had a hell of a time doing that in this lap.

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 33 - 07 Shelby GT500

Dead Poul making us all look bad again in the Unicorn GT500

SarBear

Got the videos done last night, but completely forgot to post.

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 36 - Buick Regal GNX
I have always loved this car. There is just something about it's uncompromising attitude that I just love. It is powerful, it is fast and it is quite rare which makes it the perfect addition to a racing game. And I will say I had a lot of fun on this lap. This car just BEGS to have its tail end sliding all over the place. Luckily it is probably the easiest car to keep the tail out. It could do it all day and you barely have to pay attention. This car just wants to go fast and burn tires and I had a hell of a time doing that in this lap.

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 33 - 07 Shelby GT500

Dead Poul making us all look bad again in the Unicorn GT500

Good choice on the car you raced. One of my favorites in the game. =) Even though you're tail happy, you're definitely racing a lot better.

Finished up the Miami Marlins Mobile, Marlins logos can be found on my storefront. Gonna be doing Heat, Dolphins, and Panthers too. Panthers Mobile is probably next; baseball may be my 4th favorite but damn is that Marlins logo simple in comparison to the others.
7097063281_7ea63f823b_c.jpg

Finished up the Miami Marlins Mobile, Marlins logos can be found on my storefront. Gonna be doing Heat, Dolphins, and Panthers too. Panthers Mobile is probably next; baseball may be my 4th favorite but damn is that Marlins logo simple in comparison to the others.

Nice.
Why did you choose the BMW, might be more at home on a big pimped out caddi!
It's a pretty sweet design. You should do a fluoroscope orange one too.

Got the new videos up:

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 37 - Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera

This car can really make you realize how crappy of a driver you are. It is just so fast and so capable that it really is up to the driver to screw up and not the car. Quite a few times in the lap I felt like I didn't deserve to drive this car because I just couldn't quite drive as fast as the car would allow. The car just feels fantastic. It does understeer but it feels like it it is much smaller and lighter than it really is. Not quite as awesome as the Murc SV, but it is a great car.

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 34 - 05 Subaru Impreza WRX STi

Welcome back Loop of Henle in the more than capable 05 Sti!

Sorry guys, my internet cut out at 12:45am for about seven minutes. This is not the first time this exact thing has happened.

Shortt, have a video for you, will throw it up on my storefront.

saladine1

Ha ha, I was reading the pit pass report and it featured a 'human car sounds' video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSDUcKw-GOk

and because i'm bored, here a few others I've found. There's some talent there for sure..lol
Aussies will definitely be familiar with the rotary and "VL dose bro" sounds..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZkGL-HIEfI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wELZvVwBlZU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghhuRnw1rbE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=m40ZAfJb4f8#t=326s

I've heard that Polyphony are hiring these guys for GT6.. jk

SarBear

Sorry guys, my internet cut out at 12:45am for about seven minutes. This is not the first time this exact thing has happened.

Hey, note at which point I zoned out at the beginning of the race and ran straight into a wall. I was so not used to something in my rear view mirror. It caught me off guard! LOL

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I gotta fire up Forza 4 again. This looks great.

eek5

Ha ha, I was reading the pit pass report and it featured a 'human car sounds' video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSDUcKw-GOk

and because i'm bored, here a few others I've found. There's some talent there for sure..lol
Aussies will definitely be familiar with the rotary and "VL dose bro" sounds..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZkGL-HIEfI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wELZvVwBlZU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghhuRnw1rbE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=m40ZAfJb4f8#t=326s

I've heard that Polyphony are hiring these guys for GT6.. jk

You missed out on the best one yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhpwlJv_aAo

Hey Short, I'll do a guest drive sometime this weekend if it's that simple, just use any car not taken? Is there a list? You picking for me?

I always hit B too many times when leaving the live menu.

You can do pretty much any car you want to. I would like to keep them fairly unique, so you can check out the current list here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ancn9aXDWX-ldC1TcXRzRy0yUHpVek5SdlJtTHJCVFE

Is it the one with the multiple Scoobies? Because I like to keep them in Free Run. But keep it up because after the initial 50, I want to do some different things.

G Rom

Some new photos :

6953954388_b814256ba6_b.jpg

6953954572_c5c26a72d9_b.jpg

6953953902_37b5d4a3a9_b.jpg

7100023391_f5435d4709_b.jpg

6953953768_7d6fc89d89_b.jpg

7100023661_b71cb14b72_b.jpg

BTW, did Turn 10 just stealthly announce a "normal" May DLC in the latest WIR ?

WIR said:
Next week promises to be a big one, as we’ll be unveiling the new batch of cars for our May DLC, plus new editions of RearView Mirror and Heavy Metal Affliction, and more! See you next week!

Surely if they meant to speak about the Porsche Expansion Pack, they would have at least mentioned Porsche or did EA forbid them to do so ? :lol

Some new photos :

awesome pics [img]

BTW, did Turn 10 just stealthly announce a "normal" May DLC in the latest WIR ?

Surely if they meant to speak about the Porsche Expansion Pack, they would have at least mentioned Porsche or did EA forbid them to do so ? :lol[/QUOTE]

I have always guessed they would still do a DLC pack along with the Porsche pack. That is why I assumed they picked the date they did. Now I am going to go out on a limb and guess what the DLC might be. It will either be

a) A track DLC
b) The remaining RUFs and some other awesome cars.

They are just my guesses but I am really leaning toward track DLC. It makes the most sense with another car DLC coming this month in the Porsche pack and with the Season Pass being over it would be the best time to release it.

Also, those are some awesome pics man. You have a fantastic eye for making the pics just really stand out. And where are more Guest Drives man?? I loved your F50GT and 905 laps and you DID promise an E39 M5. I mean that is the only reason I haven't run that car yet!! You better get on it dude!

And what happened to Op Ivy? I used to get a ton of laps from you!

Top Bottom