• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Liquidsnake said:
There's no spectator mode anymore?

That was always so awesome, and revolutionary.

Yeah, was good to take a break from racing sometimes and just watch everyone else go on for a bit before jumping in again.

SarBear said:
I can almost guarantee you haven't. Err, that comes off arrogant. Sorry. She's the GF, and outside of me posting a picture of her on here, she hasn't done anything else.

No No I understood what you meant before the edit. My bad, she must look like someone I knew.

GazzaScotland said:
Yeah, was good to take a break from racing sometimes and just watch everyone else go on for a bit before jumping in again.

I learned a lot by watching the top racers online, about lines and such.

I added myself to the club list. Feel free to deny me on the basis that I'm a GAF noob. Long time racing fan, but somewhat new to Forza series (never played a Forza game past level 10 or so). Anybody remember playing Top Gear Rally on N64?

Thank god I have Forza 4 preordered at Amazon and I don't have to go pick it up anywhere. My 94' Celica is acting like it wants to die...permanently. Check engine light is on. At least I'll be driving nice virtual cars tomorrow. Can't wait till tomorrow! Hopefully UPS delivers early.

Mascot

So, how come some videos show drivers with Forza gloves, and some drivers have Alpinestars gloves? Are they selectable/ulockable?

VindictiveGnome said:
Thank god I have Forza 4 preordered at Amazon and I don't have to go pick it up anywhere. My 94' Celica is acting like it wants to die...permanently. Check engine light is on. At least I'll be driving nice virtual cars tomorrow. Can't wait till tomorrow! Hopefully UPS delivers early.

I feel ya there man. The clutch on my M3 just toasted itself this weekend. My poor girl is in the shop and I am out quite a nice chunk of change. She is lucky she is so sexy and knows how to give me such great rides...

Mascot said:
So, how come some videos show drivers with Forza gloves, and some drivers have Alpinestars gloves? Are they selectable/ulockable?

The gloves change as you play, but I have no idea what it is based on. I am not sure if it is the car, or the track or the World Tour year you are one. But they are sometimes white for me and other times black.

Steve McQueen said:
I'm about to read some reviews . Which ones do you guys recommend?

None, just jump into the game and judge it on your own terms.

Shortt Sirket said:
I feel ya there man. The clutch on my M3 just toasted itself this weekend. My poor girl is in the shop and I am out quite a nice chunk of change. She is lucky she is so sexy and knows how to give me such great rides...

That's odd, it's rare for clutches to just 'die' at random. I think you beat on that bitch and gave her more than a black eye this time. :p

Gah, wasn't going to pick this up because I'm still in Year 6 in Forza 3, but damn. Can't resist new Forza. Least I'm level 50 now so I should get all the transfers.

guest1321

For those of you in the U.S. looking for a LE deep discount has them for 70 bucks. Not sure about the release date shipping. LINK

EDIT: I refreshed the page and now it is unavailable. LOL

Thanks to a gaffer here I got lucky and locked my Limited Edition on Amazon for $60 back in July.

Extra lucky: Looks like they bumped it to release day delivery so I should get it tomorrow. Fucking awesome.

ghibli99

Snkfanatic said:
Don't stress it, my Rage copy last week didn't ship till around 9pm haha
Haha... yeah, I'm not too worried. Just so pumped for this... I think it'll be a rare case where the anticipation is in-line with playing the actual product. I'm gonna love this. :)

NullPointer said:
Thanks to a gaffer here I got lucky and locked my Limited Edition on Amazon for $60 back in July.

Extra lucky: Looks like they bumped it to release day delivery so I should get it tomorrow. Fucking awesome.
Very nice!

NullPointer said:

Wow very nice!

DasRaven

VindictiveGnome said:
So, are the preorder bonus cars just a head start? Can you buy all of them once you get enough cash?

They are DLC. So, they're on the disc, but unavailable to you without an unlock code.
We all expect/hope that they'll be released to everyone eventually.

Reprise

Neo Member
Gonna be so late playing this compared to you guys, ordered mine from a UK shop and i'm in AU so it'll probably be like two to three weeks before it even arrives :\

Shaneus

Big Takeover said:
I'm going to do a "Forza Four Kid" video in the style of "Canberra Milk Kid" just to push my chances over the top. ;-)
But only I can do it with an authentic accent! Saladine can too, I guess.

Ps. I've really taken a shining to playing driving games with classical music for the custom soundtrack. Incredibly less tense than driving with the default music or even solely in game sounds. Highly recommend everyone tries it with this game. I could imagine someone (m0dus?) going nuts in the livery editor while listening to Barber of Saville a la Bugs Bunny as Elmer's hairdresser, ahaha.

DasRaven said:
They are DLC. So, they're on the disc, but unavailable to you without an unlock code.
We all expect/hope that they'll be released to everyone eventually.
The car list says there is a 2008 and 2011 WRX STI. Wouldn't the 2011 STI be the same as the one Amazon is giving out?

Edit: Nevermind, I watched a car list on Youtube and saw all the Subarus. Not sure if I should sell the code on eBay or keep it. I am a huge WRX fan. When it I get out of college...BAM!...I would like to buy one.

Izayoi

Banned
Looks like I'm member 101 of the Car Club. I thought that big list that was floating around was for it, just now saw the Google doc.

Oh well, forever alone. ;_;

SarBear

Izayoi said:
Looks like I'm member 101 of the Car Club. I thought that big list that was floating around was for it, just now saw the Google doc.

Oh well, forever alone. ;_;

I'm sure you'll make it in.

DasRaven

VindictiveGnome said:
The car list says there is a 2008 and 2011 WRX STI. Wouldn't the 2011 STI be the same as the one Amazon is giving out?

Edit: Nevermind, I watched a car list on Youtube and saw all the Subarus. Not sure if I should sell the code on eBay or keep it. I am a huge WRX fan. When it I get out of college...BAM!...I would like to buy one.

2011 STI (the sedan) is pre-order DLC only right now.
Who knows when/if it'll become available as there's precedent both ways.
I'd suggest keep it and use it.

SarBear

VindictiveGnome said:

Not considering how crazy people are, I scoffed at the idea of how much value is behind these pre order cars. I checked ebay. OMFG......mind: blown.

Gowans

I'm getting a tonne of PMs about the car club.

You have not missed the boat if you are over the 100 mark on the interest list here.

Forza GAF Google Doc

I'm gona accept all requests till its full then probably wipe and add according to some rules we can come up with as Forza GAF here.

When you get the game just search for GAF in the car clubs.

eek5

SarBear said:
Not considering how crazy people are, I scoffed at the idea of how much value is behind these pre order cars. I checked ebay. OMFG......mind: blown.
Someone paid as much as $23.. insane lol

Shaneus

I'm just relieved that the only preorde I really want is the WRX and the only place it's from in AU is a B&M store that is occasionally known for breaking street. Fingers crossed!

Gowans

ZgieI.jpg

My new favourite car in my Garage. Top of A class.

Shes now in the car club too ;)

SarBear

That's an absolutely gorgeous picture. Not a fan of the Countach at ALL, but as long as you captured the 8C in there everything is forgiven. =)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Gowans007 said:
I'm getting a tonne of PMs about the car club.

You have not missed the boat if you are over the 100 mark on the interest list here.

Forza GAF Google Doc

I'm gona accept all requests till its full then probably wipe and add according to some rules we can come up with as Forza GAF here.

When you get the game just search for GAF in the car clubs.

who is member xEsorclccl0x and why doesnt he have a GAF username?

Top Bottom