• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

frontieruk

Mascot said:
Holy triplefuck. A friend of mine just had his GAME LE cancelled, and that was after getting the generic order confirmation email at the weekend. Looks like those wallet-raping fuckasses might have over-sold their allocation.

On standby to mash the fury button.

Stiff me at your peril, GAME. I will hunt you down and fucking fuck you the fuck up.

Hmmm there was a number to call if that shit happened, if he calls it all will be well, the did it to me and my reach legendary edition, wasn't impressed but they sorted it quickly, they don't over sell them their card management system just doesn't update if you change card details so the order fails.

Shortt Sirket said:
Okay, I must be blind but where are the Big Shots on the site? I uploaded one this morning and I cannot find it anywhere on My Forza on FM.net.
Not available for anyone yet.

That's an awesome Dudley paint job.

frogg609

I pre-ordered my Collector's Edition from Target. Hoping it'll be in by this weekend.

Is there anything I can do while I wait (a la setting up cars/etc from Forza 3 for it or anything)?

Also added myself to the Google doc.

jedimike

Ok, I put my name on the list. I haven't been part of a "club" since the GAF Rallisport Challenge days on XSN Sports. (i wish MS would bring that back).

I'm a Forza noob. The last Forza I seriously played was the original. I did buy Forza 3 a couple days ago so I could level up to get the bonuses and the unicorn. My times are not extremely competitive but I run a lot of clean races and found that I was often in the top 30% of the Forza leaderboards. I don't own a wheel but I did pick up the speed wheel (it works amazingly well). I'll be picking up my LCE tomorrow and expect to put a lot of time into it...

...but I'll admit, once Skyrim and MW3 hit, my Forza time will drop like a rock.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
jedimike said:
Ok, I put my name on the list. I haven't been part of a "club" since the GAF Rallisport Challenge days on XSN Sports. (i wish MS would bring that back).

I'm a Forza noob. The last Forza I seriously played was the original. I did buy Forza 3 a couple days ago so I could level up to get the bonuses and the unicorn. My times are not extremely competitive but I run a lot of clean races and found that I was often in the top 30% of the Forza leaderboards. I don't own a wheel but I did pick up the speed wheel (it works amazingly well). I'll be picking up my LCE tomorrow and expect to put a lot of time into it...

...but I'll admit, once Skyrim and MW3 hit, my Forza time will drop like a rock.

old school xbot ;)

h3ro

RS4- said:
OBHX9.jpg

From my old Forza 3 account. I'll probably end up doing the same capcom related stuff in 4.
Let's race... like Gentleman.

Fess

I think I'll buy this game just for the sound. Simply heavenly.
The sensation of speed seems way better than earlier Forza/GT too.

op_ivy

SarBear said:
Just a shot in the dark, but did you ever play the original MotoGP on the OG Xbox?

i did, quite a bit. rsc too. old xbl tag was Op1vy before my account got FUBAR'd

did we race?

SarBear

op_ivy said:
i did, quite a bit. rsc too. old xbl tag was Op1vy before my account got FUBAR'd

This reminds me a lot of that. I was in leagues, stayed up til the wee hours of the mornings to put hell into the lives of the Brits (so kill me), and I think the highest i ranked was #2. Did you ever play with the likes of Shepstyle, tHe rK, Thi3rdtime? My tag was Dead Pool. I'm hoping I can be even half as good as i was there.

....the days of Brno, Mugello, Suzuka.....oh man, bringin back memories.

Edit: I was thinking we have before, because ever since I've joined your name looked so damn familiar.

op_ivy

SarBear said:
This reminds me a lot of that. I was in leagues, stayed up til the wee hours of the mornings to put hell into the lives of the Brits (so kill me), and I think the highest i ranked was #2. Did you ever play with the likes of Shepstyle, tHe rK, Thi3rdtime? My tag was Dead Pool. I'm hoping I can be even half as good as i was there.

....the days of Brno, Mugello, Suzuka.....oh man, bringin back memories.

Edit: I was thinking we have before, because ever since I've joined your name looked so damn familiar.

yeah! - what was the name of that community? great bunch of guys - it was sooo awesome playing like 30+ laps and trying to keep up with the fastest guys. i definitely remember Shepstyle and your tag sounds familiar as well.

Really sucks that wheel support is limited to Fanatec. I got the G27 last year so I have no reason to upgrade anytime soon. I would buy a x360 just to play this game but I am not going to bother if I can't use my fucking wheel (why would you?). Grrr, is there some work around to get Logitech wheels working on x360 or am I pretty much screwed? Next generation I will be buying the most cross platform wheel possible.

Seanspeed

Banned
gutterboy44 said:
Really sucks that wheel support is limited to Fanatec. I got the G27 last year so I have no reason to upgrade anytime soon. I would buy a x360 just to play this game but I am not going to bother if I can't use my fucking wheel (why would you?). Grrr, is there some work around to get Logitech wheels working on x360 or am I pretty much screwed? Next generation I will be buying the most cross platform wheel possible.
I know it'd be a shame to have a G27 and not be able to use it, but the game is still fantastic with a controller.

gutterboy44 said:
Your screwed.

Thats why I waited before buying a wheel. Wasn't going to shell out the $ if it didn't work on everything.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
gutterboy44 said:
You could always use Kinect.

Seanspeed said:
I know it'd be a shame to have a G27 and not be able to use it, but the game is still fantastic with a controller.

Modern racing games have got much better and catering to the controller crowd, but using a wheel is at least 70% of the experience for me. I am driving a car, not controlling a FPS character. I wish at the very least a friend had a wheel and a copy of Forza 4 so I could give it a shot. Never particularly impressed by the previous showings but 4 looks like it made some good steps forward.

Eidt: I got the G27 for very cheap with a one time Logitech coupon. I wouldn't have been buying a new wheel if it wasn't for that deal so the Fanatec wasn't an option.

Can't wait to go crazy with this game tomorrow. I played a little bit of the demo, just enough to get a taste of the racing action to come and my god it was amazing. Almost tempted to call in tomorrow haha.

op_ivy

Shortt Sirket said:
Oh come on!! An Evo VI, Evo X, Hatch STi and 22B to choose from? How is that even fair???

So which one guys? 22B or Evo VI?

22b
cardriver_head.jpg

then post some pics :)

Doodis

sneaky77 said:
got my amazon code for the STI
Ditto. It's just sitting there, tempting me.

Glad I checked into the thread in the middle of a busy day at work and saw that I needed to sign up on the google doc. I need to be accepted because I'll be the guy anyone can beat. I make others feel good about themselves.

Seanspeed

Banned
gutterboy44 said:
Modern racing games have got much better and catering to the controller crowd, but using a wheel is at least 70% of the experience for me. I am driving a car, not controlling a FPS character. I wish at the very least a friend had a wheel and a copy of Forza 4 so I could give it a shot. Never particularly impressed by the previous showings but 4 looks like it made some good steps forward.
I understand. If you already owned an Xbox360, I'd say you were a fool to overlook the game just cuz you like driving with a wheel, but since you dont, its a pretty heavy investment for something that will be a compromise on your ideal experience.

Mascot

saladine1 said:
A couple of vids I made for, yep you guessed it, THE AMAZING FUCKING SOUNDS!!

Turbo BOV SuperCharger Exhaust Engine Sounds

Aston Martin DBR9 Transmission Effects

Info in the descriptions.

I can safely say that no other game can come close to what Nick Wiswell and Turn 10 have achieved here. Best sounding game...........In The World!!

Dude:
A. You're a bastard for getting the game early.
B. Fucking awesome video. Thanks so much for taking the time to put this together. It sounded incredible even through my crappy laptop speaker, so fuck knows how long my walls will last once I pump the full game through my amp.
Quick question: is the muffling effect of the cockpit view a little less than it was in FM3? Seems that way. The sounds were beautifully detailed, raw and raspy in your video.

Fuck, post my copy already GAME you SHITS!

Edit: Holy quadruplefuck! They listened! Just had an email from GAME saying it's been shipped. Lordy Lord. Wonder if that means it's actually in the postal system or just sitting in their dispatch area..?

I know it is such a small thing, but I am constantly annoyed by the lack of a matte paint option. I mean, it is even a choice as a stock paint for some cars! Ugh, I just want to be able to create a decent looking dry carbon vinyl and I hate how shiny all the paints are. The same thing goes for the inability to get "true" white rims. These things have been asked for constantly since F3 and I don't understand why they aren't in. Obviously the game can do matte colors!

I am loving this game like crazy, I just am frustrated by what seems like such an obvious oversight.

op_ivy said:
22b
cardriver_head.jpg

then post some pics :)

Yup, that was the one I picked. I mean, it is Bunta's car!

SarBear

op_ivy said:
yeah! - what was the name of that community? great bunch of guys - it was sooo awesome playing like 30+ laps and trying to keep up with the fastest guys. i definitely remember Shepstyle and your tag sounds familiar as well.

You know, I couldn't recall the name of the damn website if it killed me. I do remember not wanting to get TOO involved in all the politics of it, because i just wanted to race and didn't want to build any animosity between me and another member. As a matter of fact, it took them a few weeks to even get me to consider joining (truth me told i was so fucking scared of having to race for something important). I just remembered my mates, and raced beside/around them accordingly.

I can't tell you how many damn races Shep and I had where we were +10" on the pack, and neck and neck with each other for 7-8 laps straight. I wonder if i can find records of the old scoreboards from back then. I remember I completely blazed Sachsenring and Valencia....although I'm sure glitches murdered those times.

Shortt Sirket said:
Oh come on!! An Evo VI, Evo X, Hatch STi and 22B to choose from? How is that even fair???

So which one guys? 22B or Evo VI?

22B by far.

Megasoum

Banned
Oh! Looks like Amazon.ca is working today even if it's Thanksgiving! My order went from "Not yet shipped" to "Shipment #1: Shipping soon". If they ship it today I should get it tomorrow.

Mascot

frontieruk said:
Hmmm there was a number to call if that shit happened, if he calls it all will be well, the did it to me and my reach legendary edition, wasn't impressed but they sorted it quickly, they don't over sell them their card management system just doesn't update if you change card details so the order fails.

Sorry, missed your post first time around..!

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll pass the information on. I think he's gone off the idea of the LE now though.

Here is a quick picture I took of the 22B with some basic mods.

22B.jpg

CaramaC said:
Wow, can't believe how quickly those slots for the Car Club have filled up! l only see about four available.

Some of those people appear to be lurkers or banned Members. I am fairly certain those will be removed. Plus you always have more people wanting into these things at first and by the first week probably half of them will be gone or inactive.

skyfinch

EBgames called me yesterday saying FM4 will be available on Tuesday....Yeah, thanks. As if it wasn't circled on my calender months ago. Will pick up the season pass as well.

SarBear

skyfinch said:
EBgames called me yesterday saying FM4 will be available on Tuesday....Yeah, thanks. As if it wasn't circled on my calender months ago. Will pick up the season pass as well.

Bitches didn't call me. Yea, I'll call them.

op_ivy

SarBear said:
You know, I couldn't recall the name of the damn website if it killed me. I do remember not wanting to get TOO involved in all the politics of it, because i just wanted to race and didn't want to build any animosity between me and another member. As a matter of fact, it took them a few weeks to even get me to consider joining (truth me told i was so fucking scared of having to race for something important). I just remembered my mates, and raced beside/around them accordingly.

I can't tell you how many damn races Shep and I had where we were +10" on the pack, and neck and neck with each other for 7-8 laps straight. I wonder if i can find records of the old scoreboards from back then. I remember I completely blazed Sachsenring and Valencia....although I'm sure glitches murdered those times.

XBLRacing?

Top Bottom