• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Oh wow. If you zoom all the way out in the homespaces to take a picture, you get this Truman Show effect. You can really see where the space ends into a picture. It is a sort of an eerie affect. I will see if I can get a photo to convey it.

TheOddOne

skyfinch said:
EBgames called me yesterday saying FM4 will be available on Tuesday....Yeah, thanks. As if it wasn't circled on my calender months ago. Will pick up the season pass as well.
Good that they informed you, your not the type to know whats up with this racer.

God bless 'em.

:p

skyfinch

SarBear said:
Bitches didn't call me. Yea, I'll call them.

Had mine preordered since June. Maybe they think I'm special.....but I'm not.

TheOddOne said:
Good that they informed you, your not the type to know whats up with this racer.

God bless 'em.

:p

Racer? I thought this was some kind of role playing game. Preordered cancelled.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Shortt Sirket said:
Oh wow. If you zoom all the way out in the homespaces to take a picture, you get this Truman Show effect. You can really see where the space ends into a picture. It is a sort of an eerie affect. I will see if I can get a photo to convey it.

i havent heard anyone delve into details of photomode, can we finally get above the track a bit?

SarBear

op_ivy said:
XBLRacing?

Were the colors black and orange? XD I know it was dark.

Edit: called my EB in Clarkston, MI. Seems they'll have it in stock as well as a few surplus. If anyone wants to set something up (i.e. you REALLY want the CE), PM me and we'll work it out.

op_ivy said:
i havent heard anyone delve into details of photomode, can we finally get above the track a bit?

6.6ft is the max height you can go. I know it is a limitation caused by them not wanting us to see what goes on "behind the scenes" but a couple more feet at least would be nice.

I also wish we could take "true" pics of the interiors like the press shots for F3. Anyway, here is another shot I took just messing around with some weird settings.

240.jpg

Sethos

Banned
Slayer-33 said:
I like my seat, if you got the space go for it.

Just worried about my height, I heard some of the seats of quite uncomfortable with the steering wheel position etc. if you are a tall guy. I'm over 6 foot 4 ( 194cm ) so I just want something comfortable and compatible with the 360 wheel.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
The height limitations is less apparent on track as you can just pull back to a hill and take a higher shot, zoom goes upto 20X I think during a race.

Sethos said:
Just worried about my height, I heard some of the seats of quite uncomfortable with the steering wheel position etc. if you are at all guy. I'm over 6 foot 4 ( 194cm ) so I just want something comfortable and compatible with the 360 wheel.

You can adjust the steel frame holding the wheel itself to angle upwards looking at your chest or face etc (if that's how you want it) + extend the neck holding the wheel too (put it up higher so that your knees don't hit the bottom part of the wheels corners) and extend the bottom part where the pedals sit.

gutterboy44 said:
That is awesome that they matched the camera angles Top Gear uses during the replays. Glad to see the Top Gear license put to use!
I was going to say the same thing. I was disappointed the other game didn't do that.

Mascot

Slayer-33 said:
You can adjust the steel frame holding the wheel itself to angle upwards looking at your chest or face etc (if that's how you want it) + extend the neck holding the wheel too (put it up higher so that your knees don't hit the bottom part of the wheels corners) and extend the bottom part where the pedals sit.

Mine came with the optional seat slider which not only makes getting in and out a lot easier, it also makes adjustment a breeze and means I can slide it right back for non-wheel control (eg for a quick blast on a non-driving game if I can't be bothered to move downstairs). I'm over 6'1" and with the seat all the way back I can hardly reach the pedals. Should be fine for someone 6'4" with the slider.

skyfinch

Just so I don't get caught off guard tomorrow....can you configure the controls? I've hit the rewind button so many times in the demo because it was mapped to Y, which is usually what I use to look back.

Thanks.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Mascot said:
Mine came with the optional seat slider which not only makes getting in and out a lot easier, it also makes adjustment a breeze and means I can slide it right back for non-wheel control (eg for a quick blast on a non-driving game if I can't be bothered to move downstairs). I'm over 6'1" and with the seat all the way back I can hardly reach the pedals. Should be fine for someone 6'4" with the slider.

I don't think I have that one, I gotta check lol.

Also MS hasn't shipped my LE copy yet :(

Can't bitch though since they sent me a green copy lol..

DRE Fei

Photo mode is more realistic looking than I expected. I wish more of my forza 3 cars transferred over after using the import feature, but the game is pretty sweet. Is the season pass worth it to you guys?
forza4corvette.jpg

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Liquidsnake said:
Cool, I can pick my game up in two hours. I still want to know what you guys are going to do first?????
Just spend some time in Autovista, then jump into career. I did the same.

Liquidsnake said:
I think I deleted FM3 off my HDD. Will online still recognize most of my save data?
I remember some games do this.
Nope, unfortunately.

The new Affinity system really makes you consider what car you want to use. Do you use a new Manufacturer to try and get that Affinity up to get free parts? Or do you use your favorite one to keep getting bigger and bigger credit bonuses on level up?

Plus the new World Tour is so well done. You get to jump around different events and tracks and it never feels like you are "stuck" in an event until the end. No more doing 10 races in the R3 Tour in a row when you just wanted to do a couple.

They really thought out the new design of the World Tour.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Shortt Sirket said:
The new Affinity system really makes you consider what car you want to use. Do you use a new Manufacturer to try and get that Affinity up to get free parts? Or do you use your favorite one to keep getting bigger and bigger credit bonuses on level up?

Plus the new World Tour is so well done. You get to jump around different events and tracks and it never feels like you are "stuck" in an event until the end. No more doing 10 races in the R3 Tour in a row when you just wanted to do a couple.

They really thought out the new design of the World Tour.

It's sexcellent indeed.

My problem is that I get distracted with photomode atm, I jump in and want to try to take some pics of the same car in different tracks and homespaces and with different parts on etc god dammit I get sidetracked so easy lol... You can spend all your time in photomode if you wanted it's so great now.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
is the full rivals mode set up like the demo where its a very defined challenge, or are you free to use any cars/upgrades/tunes you have at your disposal?

hopefully its a healthy mix of the two, as i'd definitely like to compare apples to apples so to speak

Sethos

Banned
Oh quick question, can you enter photo mode while racing or do you have to complete the race, go to replay and THEN into photo mode?

Gowans

op_ivy said:
is the full rivals mode set up like the demo where its a very defined challenge, or are you free to use any cars/upgrades/tunes you have at your disposal?

hopefully its a healthy mix of the two, as i'd definitely like to compare apples to apples so to speak
It's a mix, some are strict others have different restriction rules.

Xanadu

Banned
Shortt Sirket said:
Here is a quick picture I took of the 22B with some basic mods.

22B.jpg

Some of those people appear to be lurkers or banned Members. I am fairly certain those will be removed. Plus you always have more people wanting into these things at first and by the first week probably half of them will be gone or inactive.
even the great lighting cant make that model look good lol

eemijun

Neo Member
skyfinch said:
Just so I don't get caught off guard tomorrow....can you configure the controls? I've hit the rewind button so many times in the demo because it was mapped to Y, which is usually what I use to look back.

Thanks.
That's the exact same problem I had.

I dunno if there is a max on cars in the GAF Garage, but I know we are already getting some duplicates. Do a double check before you add one and make sure nobody else has it shared.

op_ivy said:

From the videos I've seen, there are definitely some that are restricted only by class. Tune and setup whatever C-class car you'd like, for example.

caramac

I'm on the night shift this week and l have two holidays left to last me till the end of the year. l feel sure l'm going to use one this Friday night.

Shaneus

I think car club membership should be based on your post count in the FM vs. GT thread. Depending on your level of defense of the FM franchise, that should dictate your spot.

I'd be somewhere up the top, Xanadu... somewhere else. lulz

Big Takeover said:
Post count in the last couple of FM4 thread needs to count for something. That's much more indicative of your interest in FM4 than being a junior/member, imo.
Agreed. Only because we'd both be right up there ;)

PS. Fuck me this thread exploded overnight... and with no new actual information. Yikes.

Xanadu

Banned
Shaneus said:
I think car club membership should be based on your post count in the FM vs. GT thread. Depending on your level of defense of the FM franchise, that should dictate your spot.

I'd be somewhere up the top, Xanadu... somewhere else. lulz
because i'm not a fanboy like you, i love both series :)

SarBear said:
Not at all, but it is quite comical just how selective your posting is.

Edit: I'll lay off you, I forget you just don't know any better yet.

I have seen the girl in your avatar before, I just can't place it.

Arucardo

op_ivy said:
serious question - you getting gold for the car club?
I already did ;) three months should be enough for now.

Btw, does F4 still have hoppers? I hope there's still the production car hopper from Forza 3, it's the most fun I've had online in Forza 3.

SarBear

Liquidsnake said:
I have seen the girl in your avatar before, I just can't place it.

I can almost guarantee you haven't. Err, that comes off arrogant. Sorry. She's the GF, and outside of me posting a picture of her on here, she hasn't done anything else.

Top Bottom