• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Shaneus

What exactly are they talking about when referring to "RearView Mirror" and "Heavy Metal Affliction"? They sound like lame band names.

What exactly are they talking about when referring to "RearView Mirror" and "Heavy Metal Affliction"? They sound like lame band names.

RearView Mirror is a segment where they talk about what is going on in racing and the Forza community during the last week.

Heavy Metal Affliction is a segment where they pick someone from the Forza community and discuss their car and it's history.

Both are actually really interesting segments and I have been trying to get my 50 Days thing mentioned in RVM for weeks now! No success yet. lol

G Rom

I have always guessed they would still do a DLC pack along with the Porsche pack. That is why I assumed they picked the date they did. Now I am going to go out on a limb and guess what the DLC might be. It will either be

a) A track DLC
b) The remaining RUFs and some other awesome cars.

They are just my guesses but I am really leaning toward track DLC. It makes the most sense with another car DLC coming this month in the Porsche pack and with the Season Pass being over it would be the best time to release it.

Also, those are some awesome pics man. You have a fantastic eye for making the pics just really stand out. And where are more Guest Drives man?? I loved your F50GT and 905 laps and you DID promise an E39 M5. I mean that is the only reason I haven't run that car yet!! You better get on it dude!

And what happened to Op Ivy? I used to get a ton of laps from you!

They specifically mention a batch of cars in the WIR though so, unless they really surprise us (would be a first for Turn 10) a track DLC seems unlikely.
I do hope we'll see a track DLC in the coming months though. Just give me a brand new Nordschleife+24h layout and I'll be happy.
They could also add new alternate time of day. I'd love to see the overcast setting from the Top Gear Test Track on more tracks for example (on Maple Valley it would a nice throwback to the first Forza).
If it's really a new 10 cars DLC, I wonder if we'll see another season pass as well. The first one seems to have sold very well among the community.

Thanks for the comment on the pics and the laps. I'll try to upload more laps tomorrow or next week, including the e39 one I owe you. :)

Got the new videos up:

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 38 - Panoz Racing Abruzzi

There is something imminently satisfying about driving a racing car in Forza 4. The sounds, the speed, the mechanical grip; it is just awesome. And this car makes all that so much better. Yeah, you can barely see out the front and it really wants to snap back after a quick powerslide, but it is a great car to drive. It sounds incredibly brutal and it has grip to spare most of the time. It really is a great example of a race car and everyone should take it for at least a quick lap.

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 35 - Mazda RX-7 Spirit R

Dead Poul again driving fast enough to make us all look like grannies in the Unicorn RX-7 Spirit R.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
And what happened to Op Ivy? I used to get a ton of laps from you!

still lurking the thread. i put in some laps the other day from the event list, but didnt get around to the ring - but meant to.

also, getting over being the most sick i've been in a decade. stomach flu. i actually fainted on the toilet the other night and face planted. woke up to my nose and lip dripping blood on the floor. spent the remainder of the night shivering/sweating and vomiting/shitting. good times!

G Rom

Uploaded two replays on my SF for you Shortt :

6959596836_c9b6f8d48d_b.jpg

7105665699_6b6328d544_b.jpg

Like the two before, the laps aren't perfect, missed gears sounds and all but had lot of fun doing these anyway, especially the Ford GT one. Such a fantastic car to drive. :)

SarBear

Straight from the horse's mouth:

"Next Game With Dev

Our next Game With Devs is coming up on Thursday, April 26, from 4-6 p.m. Pacific. As always, we’ll be spending time with the Forza community in our dedicated Facebook chatroom, and racing in Forza Motorsport 4 with as many people as we can possibly fit in. Head on over to our official Facebook page on Thursday, click on the "Game With Dev" link and join in the fun! We’ll see you there!"

Seriously. NO fucking excuse! You want unicorns? You want a chance to win free DLC codes for April? Make sure you're there! I'm telling you, this is how I aqcuired 70 percent of my unicorns! The devs play Soccer, Tag, P2P racing, Circuit racing, Drift, and SOMETIMES timed races.

And lemme just share a small secret.....if any of the guys I've raced with show up and actually get in a room, you should have no problem having a podium finish if not first place. Be warned, they all race with simulation damage on, though! LOL Even in Soccer!

saladine1

Here is Part 2 of Nick Wiswell's interview with Track Time Audio:

http://www.tracktimeaudio.com/?p=411

Here's Part 1 in case anyone has missed it:

http://www.tracktimeaudio.com/?p=365

I've hammered home my feelings regarding audio for what seems like an eternity here on Gaf, but i've finally found the word i've been trying to describe for ages.
It's called oscillation!
Oscillation between the driveline and engine when shifting gears.
Everyone has experienced this oscillation before. Perhaps when you have shifted from 2nd to 3rd, you've noticed how you didn't execute the perfect shift resulting in an over or under rev as you let the clutch in or out, which in turn causes a jolting of the gearbox..
Now compare this with the "auto manual" shifting in FM and you realize every shift sounds perfectly executed which gives it a 'fake' unnatural sound. There's absolutely no play between the box and engine.

Anyway...E3 is coming up real soon. Anyone still interested in Forza Horizon...?

G Rom

Nice interview as always.

I'm waiting to see what Horizon really is before getting interested/excited. I just hope they'll do a live stage demo instead of the quick trailer that FM4 got last year.

BADNED said:
Did you know that May is an important month for Forza Motorsport?

Forza Motorsport was announced and revealed for the first time to the public in May 2004, and was released the next year, again May. That was repeated with FM2, which was also announced and then released in May 2006 respectively May 2007.

And a May played again an important role in FM land as May 2010 saw the largest amount of new manufacturers joining FM at the same time with the release of the Exotic Car Pack for FM3.

And now we will reach another milestone. May 2012 will see the largest amount of additional content released for a FM game to date.

Indeed an important month isn't it?

BADNED teasing the shit out of us... :p

There's already one car unofficially confirmed :
G 70CHEVELLE SS over at FM.net said:
I am in England, and i just got my Top Gear magazine and in the section for the viper, they have a section on Forza and at the end they wrote this " In the meantime, and if you cant wait to get your thumbs around the virtual Viper, there's also an official TopGear Car Pack, available from early may, including more Yank muscle in the form of the Hennessey Venom"! proof of a new may pack, and 1 of the cars. a car that is epic!

Probably the car in question :
rt-hennessey-venom-gt-002_gallery_image_large.jpg

Porsche Expansion Pack and Top Gear Car Pack in May then ? Still wishing that the rumor about a new track in May will be true as well.

BADNED would surely have said "May 2012 will see the largest amount of additional cars released for a FM game to date." if it were only cars, no ? [/Conspiracy theory]

Goddam! A Top Gear pack would be beyond amazing. Especially with that Venom leading the way! Can't wait to see what else is in store.

Got the new videos up (late again). This is a Muscle Car Day!

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 39 - Plymouth Cuda 426 HEMI

Skinny tires, too much power, questionable suspension and practically no brakes. Yup, this will be an interesting lap! The biggest surprised was how decently capable this Muscle car was. Yeah, it practically floated around the Ring and the brakes really didn't "work," but I had a blast with this car. It really makes you pay attention and will punish you quite harshly if you don't. I can see the appeal of muscle cars, not for speed purposes, but for pure driving excitement.

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 36 - 73 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am SD-455

Dead Poul, again, trying to wrestle this classic muscle car around.

Ooft, super excited if it is indeed, a Top Gear pack! Addition of some more crazy supercars would be most welcome. Sounding like May could be an expensive month for Forza 4 DLC!

Mascot

BADNED would surely have said "May 2012 will see the largest amount of additional cars released for a FM game to date." if it were only cars, no ? [/Conspiracy theory]

"Content" because of all the Porsche-centric events bundled with the car pack, methinks.

If any more track DLC is released for FM4 I'll.. I'll... Write a special poem by way of celebration.

"Content" because of all the Porsche-centric events bundled with the car pack, methinks.

If any more track DLC is released for FM4 I'll.. I'll... Write a special poem by way of celebration.

Careful what you wish for! You wish we'd get Spa or Bathurst but we'd probably end up with Bahrain International. :p

G Rom

BADNED said:
For the beginning

1977 AMC Pacer X
2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8
2011 Ford Transit SSV
2012 Hennessey Venom GT
1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR4
1990 Subaru Legacy RS

Dibs on the Nordschleife lap in the Transit ! :lol

Ford-Transit-SSV-4.jpg

G Rom

BADNED has some screens as well. (tinypic is banned here)

Edit :
BADNED said:
You want more?

2012 Jeep Wrangler
2012 smart fourtwo
Nice, I've wanted a ForTwo for some time now. I guess we can count on Brabus kits being available.

Edit 2 :
2012 Hennessey Venom GT: The Venom GT is ambition personified. Designed to beat the Bugatti Veyron’s 0-200 mph time, the car is defined by pure, unadulterated power. The result is impressive—the Venom reaches 0-200 mph in less time than it takes your average car to reach 0-60 mph.

1977 AMC Pacer X – Wayne and Garth never had it so good. With classic 70s style and a 232-cubic-inch, 3.8 litre, inline six, the Pacer X was modest on power, but its legacy lives on today. Take it for a ride in “Forza Motorsport 4,” preferably with “Bohemian Rhapsody” cranked nice and loud.

2011 Ford Transite SuperSportVan: The SuperSportVan is the latest creation in the long-standing series of Ford-built custom fans, which dates back to 1971. Designed to prove that Ford engineers know how to have fun, this version is a one-off design shown at a 2011 UK commercial vehicle show.

2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon: The 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon is by far the most comfortable and amenity-loaded Wrangler ever. It’s grittier too, with 40 per cent more horsepower than older models, making this Jeep just as comfortable on the track as it is on the trails.

1966 Lotus Cortina: One of the first “race on Sunday, commute on Monday” factory cars, the Lotus Cortina built its reputation both on the tarmac and in folks’ daily lives. Packing 115-horsepower and weighing just over a ton, the Cortina can carry four people in relative comfort, but it’s most happy when being revved high and thrown into a corner with full gusto.

1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4: The turbo-charged Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 is a treasured piece of JDM history. The VR-4 was sold in limited numbers and its four-wheel drive, four-wheel-steering handling highlights technology that caters to a driving experience matched only by much more expensive sedans.

2012 Smart ForTwo: The uncontested winner of the “easy to park” award, the Smart ForTwo is the first micro car to be introduced in the U.S. At just 106-inches long, the ForTwo is by far the smallest production car ever made. It’s a practical, urban errand runner whose looks will always spark a conversation.

1990 Subaru Legacy RS: Putting aside its smaller, quirkier wagons and sedans, Subaru brought new game to dealerships in 1990 with the Legacy RS. More substantial in nearly every respect, the Legacy RS Turbo was the most powerful Subaru model available and still enjoys a strong following among Subie enthusiasts.

2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8: Packing a huge HEMI under its hood that makes for more than 450 horsepower, the Chrysler 300 SRT8 packs a potent combination of power and sophistication. The 300 will go hit 0-60 in under five seconds and will nail the quarter mile in less than 13 seconds. It might not be what you expect from a Chrysler these days… and that’s precisely the point.

1965 Austin-Healey 3000 MkIII: Hand-crafted beauty and grin-widening performance define the 1965 Austin-Healey 3000 MkIII. With a 147-horsepower, six-cylinder overhead valve engine, the Healey–or “Squealy” as it was often called–delivers an exhilarating open-air ride and grippy cornering.
source

Edit3 :
7110635375_2039d32bb1_b.jpg

6964562846_c86c844ca4_b.jpg

6964563696_f225cafb48_b.jpg

7110637851_8e2abd38c9_b.jpg

7110638853_14016eba31_b.jpg

7110639449_8850d8a3c9_b.jpg

7110640165_097c0bc73b_b.jpg

6964567388_b018d73348_b.jpg

7110641457_6e58cc58b4_b.jpg

7110642255_59fbb95253_b.jpg

6964569510_db3910c4bd_b.jpg

6964570406_a1407cedc1_b.jpg

7110644707_97a23d2d9d_b.jpg

6964572256_3bdbc27f08_b.jpg

saladine1

And Turn 10 are back to great form!

It's like T10 took my wishlists and said, sure, we'll take care of you saladine.

1977 AMC Pacer X
1966 Lotus Cortina
1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
1990 Subaru Legacy RS
1965 Austin-Healey 3000 MkIII

OWNED!

That's a nice pack. But I'm bored or cars now, I'll probably only get the Transit but I hope to god that Dan turns into a track lover rather than a car lover for the next game :(

Seanspeed

Banned
I'm really kind of done with these 'just for fun' cars being included in the packs. The Hennessey and the Austin Healey sound great, but I'm not sure if those two cars alone can justify me buying the pack. Maybe if they turn out competitive online, I'll think about it cuz then I'd actually get some good use from them, but I'm still a little bummed after the last pack. I didn't really like anything from that.

Geez there are so many great looking Fords, I had no idea that there was actually a series for them. Now I don't know which one to make lol Here are my top picks, now I have to chose one, any help? :D The layer limit will be a bitch on those, cause there are shit load of logos on those cars.

transittrofeu.jpg

7fcba322.jpg

4100603.jpg

FordTransitTrophy2011_01_AutoRabalEspoAuto_VencedorEstoril02.jpg

fiaal.png

SarBear

Eh......

....I'm gonna need a comp to test these out for likability.

But: DIBS on the SRT 300 around Nurburgring if I get so lucky!

Eh......

....I'm gonna need a comp to test these out for likability.

But: DIBS on the SRT 300 around Nurburgring if I get so lucky!

That is fair because I am definitely taking the Sprinter Van, VenomGT, and possibly the Cortina around the Ring. That van is going to be awesome!

You and Seanspeed should try to recreate the Top Gear video with one of you in the Viper and the other in the Van. See how fast you could get it around the Ring! It would be seriously awesome to see it from the Viper's perspective (looking back), the Vans and then the standard Replay. Would be an awesome set of videos.

DasRaven

I'm the opposite, I would've titled this the Misc Crap Pack.

I agree. This is the first pack where less than half the cars are interesting to me personally (3000, SRT8, Venom).
I will say, if this is indicative of the post-SP DLC packs, I'll be waiting patiently for the Ultimate Collection.

Shaneus

It's definitely a pack I'd consider buying, but man... I reckon I could pick maybe 3-4 of the season packs I'd have traded this one for. Makes shelling out *actual* cash for it kinda hard, especially when the Porsche pack will undoubtedly be better value.

Shaneus

The 300C is the most desirable out of that whole bunch IMO. Such a beautiful redesign.
Agreed. Though I'd be getting it for the Legacy (I have a gen 2 regular Liberty) and VR4. And the Mirthmobile. And Cortina. Um, and 300C.

Well, shit. Looks like I'm buying it, then. But man, those trailers... they've been showing new cars on the same. fucking. tracks. over and over. Tired of it, TBH.

Got the new videos up:

50 Days of (Green) Hell Day 40 - McLaren F1

Within the first 30 seconds of this lap, I knew how they were able to get such an insane top speed out of this car. NO DOWNFORCE! Seriously, this car has almost zero downforce on it and it shows. It shows by not letting you drive this beast in the way it was intended. You have to brake crazy early so you won't fly off the faster turns. But then you also have to hold it's hand thru the longer turns so it doesn't understeer off the track. It sounds great, it looks amazing and it is a marvel of technology. Unfortunately, all that doesn't make it a great car around the track. Truly a disappointing drive in what should be an impressive car.

50 Days of (Green) Hell Guest Drive 37 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR

Sneaky77 is back in the fast and furious Evo X!

SarBear

That is fair because I am definitely taking the Sprinter Van, VenomGT, and possibly the Cortina around the Ring. That van is going to be awesome!

You and Seanspeed should try to recreate the Top Gear video with one of you in the Viper and the other in the Van. See how fast you could get it around the Ring! It would be seriously awesome to see it from the Viper's perspective (looking back), the Vans and then the standard Replay. Would be an awesome set of videos.

Hmm......Don't tempt me!

Top Bottom