• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

DasRaven

Yeah, I was talking more about cars that are new to Forza 4. Since we know some of the cars in the Porsche Pack are new to the series, those are the ones I am most interested in.

I'm sure they'll sprinkle the new blood in at regular intervals. Then again the "new" Black Swan Racing GT3 was mostly a replica of the existing GT3-RSR.
So until they reveal a 928/918/981, I won't consider anything really that new.

Mascot

Serious question, how old are you? Your lack of spelling/grammar/basic punctuation mixed with your overuse of smileys really makes me think you are like 13 or under. I might be wrong, but the way you post and how you talk makes me curious if you are still in middle school.

Not trying to be mean, just curious.

Careful, Shortty - sounds like you're grooming him.

;)

Xanadu

Banned
Yeah, I was talking more about cars that are new to Forza 4. Since we know some of the cars in the Porsche Pack are new to the series, those are the ones I am most interested in.

Serious question, how old are you? Your lack of spelling/grammar/basic punctuation mixed with your overuse of smileys really makes me think you are like 13 or under. I might be wrong, but the way you post and how you talk makes me curious if you are still in middle school.

i am 48, i choose not to give a shit about grammar on a gaming forum lmfao

G Rom

They have until the 21st to reveal cars, 15 days, with 2 reveal per day. I suppose we could see one new car every two days. We'll see if my theory is right tomorrow.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

what you must think of me :(

SarBear

if i am a troll why dont you just ignore me? seriously you constantly reply to me it seems like you love getting my attention, its kinda cute :)

You're just pathetic.

He's far from 48. But a touch older than 13. Easily in the age group where most people rebel.

Careful, Shortty - sounds like you're grooming him.

;)

Agreed. In a few short posts he's easily worn out his welcome. He did the exact same thing when Forza 4 first came out. Broken record. Doesn't surprise me he's around as soon as Forza has something exciting happening. Ignored.

Xanadu

Banned
Well I must say I am surprised.

Btw, whatever happened to your Fender_UK account? Didn't it get banned?

yes for reasons surrounding piracy, my mistake. and guys if i am a troll why do i own every single forza game, 2 and 3 LE and forza 1 probably being my most played racing game of all time minus GT3

Xanadu

Banned
Porsche-at-Targa-Florio-1964-Porsche-904-GTS-1024x768.jpg

this should be in there

G Rom

Any Porsche Autovista incoming?

So far they've announced nothing. We do know that several were planned though, I think we know of at least the Carrera GT and the 918 RSR.
It remains to be seen if those will get the same fate as the LP670-4 SV and the F40...

let me guess, a volkswagen beetle hur hurr
That'd still leave another minute and a half or so. I'm sure he'd find a way to fill that time with something.

BTW - All I've been doing in Forza as of late is attempting (and mostly failing) to drift. I've seen enough YouTube videos on basic and advanced techniques so I think I at least know what I'm trying to do, but any advice on the best starter drift cars? Anything that comes out of the shop ready to go that you guys would recommend for a beginner? Any drivetrains I should avoid to begin with? Any ideas are appreciated.

Even with my struggling to get a two-star drift its still been a great time. And after a decent drift practice I have a much easier time dealing with the normal races since I'm more aware of the full range of a vehicle's tolerances and more aggressive ta boot.

I notice a difference in feel around the centre of the wheel between 'standard' 270º mode and the glitched 900º mode dailed down to 270º on my Fanatec wheel, is it in my head or is the linearity wrong on one of them?

Good to see Xanadu's still up to his usual tricks. Dude's amazingly persistent, I'll give him that.

Even with my struggling to get a two-star drift its still been a great time. And after a decent drift practice I have a much easier time dealing with the normal races since I'm more aware of the full range of a vehicle's tolerances and more aggressive ta boot.

I know absolutely nothing about drifting, but going sideways in the right car is a lot more fun with FM4's tire physics and the threat of a tank-slapper if you get it wrong.

I got my first-- and to date only-- 5-star drift with a stock 599 GTO on Mugello. Definitely not one to be taken lightly, that car.

Seanspeed

Banned
deththrasher, i guess i did have a few people who thought i was a GT fanboy but thats not the case, i am just as harsh towards GT as i am forza

So you're just a cynical asshole by nature? Gotcha.

I believe you'll be the first on my ignore list. Congrats.

i am 48, i choose not to give a shit about grammar on a gaming forum lmfao

Hold the fuck up.

1st you were banned under your previous screen name you admited this before Forza 4 launched when you had the GT avatar.

2nd you also said you were in your late teens or early twenties and lived at home.

SarBear

Hold the fuck up.

1st you were banned under your previous screen name you admited this before Forza 4 launched when you had the GT avatar.

2nd you also said you were in your late teens or early twenties and lived at home.

........memories do not lie, i knew it was around there.

Xanadu

Banned
Aw yeah, I remember you. You don't post much over there anymore do you?

nah its kind of because i lost interest in forza over the years, it easily the best forza related forum though, diablo was a great dude, he'd prob be hated here too lol

Hold the fuck up.

um yea its no secret i was banned regarding a piracy comment, nothing to do with forza

and i am 18 and yes i live at home and it rules, my mummy still makes me warm milk every night before bedtime

I got my first-- and to date only-- 5-star drift with a stock 599 GTO on Mugello. Definitely not one to be taken lightly, that car.

I got my first in the monthly challenge that had us sliding Mustangs around Benchmark. 'Normal' steering works very well for drifting, though I was using 'simulation'.

Hey guys, just want to let you know that the Devon GTX is done and ready to roll. This however won't be available on the storefront, it's auction house only. There will be only 3 cars available, all of them with great S700 class tune from DINI. The first auction is up now, with starting price 300K, which is basic price of the car. The first auction is set for 24H and the winner gets the car for what is worth to him, there is no buyout.

I hope you guys like the paint and you'll like the tune as well. As I said, there won't be more than three cars available, so you can consider this as a super limited edition and the only edition of Devon GTX. The second, 12 hour auction will be set tomorrow.

Some pictures...

7161930400_d1d7f86eb9_z.jpg

7161930270_e12af535e1_z.jpg

7161930530_f9a5a0c4ca_z.jpg

7161930480_f8b338cb9d_z.jpg

7161930440_0807292d1d_z.jpg

Cheers, HD

Ohhhh niiiiiiiiice, HD.

Will definitely be taking a stab at one of those! Sweet.
Already have a Devon GTX, but I'll probably sell it if I get one of these, still haven't found a livery I really like for mine, but that's fantastic.

Jamesways

nah its kind of because i lost interest in forza over the years, it easily the best forza related forum though, diablo was a great dude, he'd prob be hated here too lol

Diablo is awesome. He hangs out at TDUC mostly now, he doesn't post much on fc these days unfortunately.

Great paint as usual Hertz!

Mascot

Awesome paint, HD.
Was that the one I gave you some local knowledge about? I'll be gutted if I don't manage to win one at auction..!

I need a little help guys! I am making a compilation video where I am splicing together (almost) all of my 50 Days runs into one single run. The question is thusly:

Should I keep all the car sounds and such?
or
Dub a song, or two, over it?
or
Just do one of each?

op_ivy

I need a little help guys! I am making a compilation video where I am splicing together (almost) all of my 50 Days runs into one single run. The question is thusly:

Should I keep all the car sounds and such?
or
Dub a song, or two, over it?
or
Just do one of each?

i'd definitely start with all the car sounds, as thats part of the appeal - but if it isnt sounding good, music may be a better alternative.

also, will you be taking submissions for 50 days again in the future, or is the project dont after this?

i'd definitely start with all the car sounds, as thats part of the appeal - but if it isnt sounding good, music may be a better alternative.

also, will you be taking submissions for 50 days again in the future, or is the project dont after this?

I would really like to continue it and start taking submissions again, but I am taking a small break right now. It took so much time each day to do that I am just taking a little vacation before I start it up again. And when I do, I will probably only upload 1 or 2 a week. That way I can maybe add more stuff to them like multiple camera views or something.

op_ivy

I would really like to continue it and start taking submissions again, but I am taking a small break right now. It took so much time each day to do that I am just taking a little vacation before I start it up again. And when I do, I will probably only upload 1 or 2 a week. That way I can maybe add more stuff to them like multiple camera views or something.

cool. i'll probably run a few in the meantime. also, i always liked the P-in-P of cockpit and replay footage

Top Bottom