• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Xanadu

Banned
The 959 seems to look much better. It was probably the worst looking Porsche in FM3 as it had polygonal bugs around the rear wheel arches inherited from the FM/FM2 days...
I think what gets me the most hyped for the Porsche pack is the sound. I can't wait to hear Nick's work on the famous flat 6 note or the amazing high pitched V10 note of the Carrera GT. :)

i do agree it looks better, the rear arches in forza 2 were terrible but this is just down to lower polys, the actual design of the car is still a bit off, pretty much every single forza 1 and 2 car is innacurate, cars introduced in 3 and 4 are next to perfect, the trouble is they dont update the old designs so you have models like the 458 which look perfect and the f40 which looks shit

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
havent bought a single piece of car DLC yet and a 20 dollar one certainly wont change that. i would, however, pay upwards of $15 for a single good track.

Xanadu

Banned
havent bought a single piece of car DLC yet and a 20 dollar one certainly wont change that. i would, however, pay upwards of $15 for a single good track.
i'd probably pay a fiver for spa but thats about it, but you know they'd charge 20 dollars for it

G Rom

i'd probably pay a fiver for spa but thats about it, but you know they'd charge 20 dollars for it

Yeah because it's a well known fact that Motegi and Road America for FM2 and the Nürburgring GP for FM3 were priced 20 dollars each.... smh
Even following the FM4 price inflation, it would still be 560 MSPoints/7$ tops...

Mascot

I think we're so late into the game's cycle that we won't see any track DLC. :

I would've gladly given up Spa if we got Bathurst in Forza 4.
I booted up Shift 2 the other day purely to put a few hours in on Bathurst. I was fucking exhausted afterwards, but wearing a massive shit-eating grin and a pounding heart, especially after the night races.

Our campaign to get Mt Panorama into Forza has almost passed into mythology now. We want it. Dan knows we want it. Yet not a peep from Turn 10 about it. I kind of think we'll never get it.

I can load up Shift 2 for Spa and Bathurst, and GT5 for Spa on its own. But I'd much rather play them in Forza.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Yeah because it's a well known fact that Motegi and Road America for FM2 and the Nürburgring GP for FM3 were priced 20 dollars each.... smh
Even following the FM4 price inflation, it would still be 560 MSPoints/7$ tops...

i would jump all over that.

i guess we got a few from fm3 to fm4 as the games were on the same system, and it wasnt necesary to reinvent thoe fm3 dlc tracks completely when putting them into fm4. now though, with fm5 hitting next gen, it would seem a lot of work would obviously go into making the track for fm4, then, aside from the tracks "data" and "resource materials" they'd have to start almost from scratch to put it into fm5. so, in this sense, they arent getting the band for the buck for track DLC that they did with the last step - nevermind the fact that they said it wasnt all that attractive to consumers (hello, add it into career next-time dummies!)

Xanadu

Banned

and i was totally serious! smh, what is their reasoning for no track dlc again? the top gear kids dont care about tracks just the latest super cars? what about their core fanbase? dont they give a fuck about them anymore

G Rom

Going from FM1 to FM2>FM3>FM4 didn't stop them from reusing the exact same track assets. They only slightly modified the ALMS tracks to bring them up to date for FM4. Beside those slight changes (you can see the difference in texture quality in the modified areas), Road America in FM4 is exactly the same as in FM1 modeling wise for example.
I would be very (pleasantly) surprised if they remade all the tracks from scratch for FM5.
Although, while ideally all tracks would be remade, the Nordschleife just has to be redone for FM5. That terrible modeling has to go.

Xanadu

Banned
Going from FM1 to FM2>FM3>FM4 didn't stop them from reusing the exact same track assets. They only slightly modified the ALMS tracks to bring them up to date for FM4. Beside those slight changes (you can see the difference in texture quality in the modified areas), Road America in FM4 is exactly the same as in FM1 modeling wise for example.
I would be very (pleasantly) surprised if they remade all the tracks from scratch for FM5.
Although, while ideally all tracks would be remade, the Nordschleife just has to be redone for FM5. That terrible modeling has to go.

that is true but imo is less noticeable then inaccurate car models, but of course i'd love to see the tracks updated..especially the nurburgring, at least get it near gran turismo 5s version and i'll be happy, the one atm is garbage

saladine1

I'm afraid the cars come first. No time and no use in redoing a track when 99% of players won't be able to tell the difference.
But you can be happy in knowing that we will include the wonderful '05 PT Cruiser in our next installment.
Dan.

eek5

I'd pay 800 points if it had events to go along with it

Mascot

It is a very sad state of affairs when Grid and Shift both have a better selection of race circuits than Forza.

This will hopefully change next year. Hopefully.

DD

I see people complaining about Nordschleife all the time, but I really don't see whats the problem with it. I mean, I've never been there, but when I see a video footage, I see nothing wrong with the Forza's reproduction of it.

I see people complaining about Nordschleife all the time, but I really don't see whats the problem with it. I mean, I've never been there, but when I see a video footage, I see nothing wrong with the Forza's reproduction of it.

I think the Forza version is too wide. GT5's depiction is badass, but it's not like they are so completely different that it bugs me. The nose of the F40 and S2000 annoy me more.

Seanspeed

Banned
I still think it 'seems' wider cuz of the FOV in 1st person views. If you drive it in 3rd person, the narrowness is very apparent. Before, I was more concerned with the track surfaces, but they have improved on that in FM4(with all the tracks).

Xanadu

Banned
I think the Forza version is too wide. GT5's depiction is badass, but it's not like they are so completely different that it bugs me. The nose of the F40 and S2000 annoy me more.

its not just too wide, the height rises and corner angles are way off

What? No, I'm not. :/ Go away.

EDIT: Ah, does look thin in the photo. Its not. I could grow a full head of hair if I grew it out. I dont know why I'm justifying this! But still, go away. You're just trolling around again.

dont worry, it happens! i see your hair is receding but dont let it get you down, you look like you have a wonderfully shaped skull

saladine1

I still think it 'seems' wider cuz of the FOV in 1st person views. If you drive it in 3rd person, the narrowness is very apparent. Before, I was more concerned with the track surfaces, but they have improved on that in FM4(with all the tracks).

In what way have they improved?
The only track worth mentioning is Nurb F1. The rest are practically glass.

G Rom

Did you try GT5's version ? It's miles ahead...
And if you unlock the great ending video, you can actually watch a lap on the real track in HD and see how incredibly accurate it is.
FM's version has terrible environment details (dem ugly trees), terrible track surface, way too big rumble stripes in some areas, no 24h version, etc...
You can see they didn't care much for it in FM4 because they didn't even bother fixing the white painted line bug (white lines disappearing after a few meters during replay) that was fixed on all the other tracks for FM4.

Xanadu

Banned
~_~ let's spend the next few pages discussing all the inaccuracies 'sponsored by Xanadu'

sounds like a plan!

you would think they'd put their focus on the nurburgring ahead of any other tracks, it is one of the most loved tracks ever, isnt it true they use PGR2s version of the track?

DD

I see... D:

Did you try GT5's version ? It's miles ahead...
And if you unlock the great ending video, you can actually watch a lap on the real track in HD and see how incredibly accurate it is.
FM's version has terrible environment details (dem ugly trees), terrible track surface, way too big rumble stripes in some areas, no 24h version, etc...
You can see they didn't care much for it in FM4 because they didn't even bother fixing the white painted line bug (white lines disappearing after a few meters during replay) that was fixed on all the other tracks for FM4.
No, I don't have a PS3. =c

But how does it compare with the GTR Evolution and NFS Shift 2 versions? I have both games on the PC, but I've never paid attention to these details.

Mascot

In what way have they improved?
The only track worth mentioning is Nurb F1. The rest are practically glass.
Nurb F1 is awesomely bumpy. In cockpit view the scuttle shake really adds to the sense of being in a stiffly-sprung race car.

Turn 10 absolutely nailed it in FM3 (albeit as a one-off DLC track) so the smoothness of the rest of the tracks in FM4 is an absolute fucking enigma, and a real retrogressive step.

G Rom

Nurb F1 and Norschleife are two separate tracks in the Forza universe, that's why they're so different. The Nordschleife dates back to FM1 while Nurb F1 has been done around FM3's development so 4/5 years between the two assets.

saladine1

Nurb F1 is awesomely bumpy. In cockpit view the scuttle shake really adds to the sense of being in a stiffly-sprung race car.

Turn 10 absolutely nailed it in FM3 (albeit as a one-off DLC track) so the smoothness of the rest of the tracks in FM4 is an absolute fucking enigma, and a real retrogressive step.

Definitely awesome. Especially the way the sound reacts to the bumpiness.
It's the only track imo, where suspension tuning can really be felt and seen.

Xanadu

Banned
Nurb F1 and Norschleife are two separate tracks in the Forza universe, that's why they're so different. The Nordschleife dates back to FM1 while Nurb F1 has been done around FM3's development so 4/5 years between the two assets.

when do you think all tracks will be on that level? forza 8?

Xanadu

Banned
No, it's tiring! Heard it all before and it just people off reading the thread. You should be banned for repeatedly trolling.

its funny how i've never been banned for trolling in all my years of neogaf, and thats because i dont troll, i like to discuss about the game and what i like AND dont like

Seanspeed

Banned
its funny how i've never been banned for trolling in all my years of neogaf, and thats because i dont troll, i like to discuss about the game and what i like AND dont like

You've simply gotten lucky. You dont just 'talk about what you dont like'. You enjoy it. You go on and on about the same thing, especially when people react to you like they are now and you are impossible to 'discuss' something with. You are the very definition of a troll. You're not special in talking about what you dont like about the game, either. We all do it. But we're not clearly trying to hate on the game like you do. Its an insult to our intelligence that you think you're even pulling it off without us noticing.

Xanadu

Banned
Ok, whatever. Could never of guessed by your previous post either.

trust me when the first game was out i had nothing bad to say about the series, i absolutely loved it, but with every sequel they seem to focus on silly commercial stuff to get kids in rather than doing what their core audience wants like re modelling old cars, way more tracks, bringing back night racing and shit like that. i think they care more about money than their core fans

You've simply gotten lucky. You dont just 'talk about what you dont like'. You enjoy it. You go on and on about the same thing, especially when people react to you like they are now and you are impossible to 'discuss' something with. You are the very definition of a troll. You're not special in talking about what you dont like about the game, either. We all do it. But we're not clearly trying to hate on the game like you do. Its an insult to our intelligence that you think you're even pulling it off without us noticing.

nah, its just fanboys like you get mad at me talking this way, on forza central i was never called a troll and i was exactly the same, we discussed flaws and how the game should be better, cant do that here without fanboys getting upset

SarBear

trust me when the first game was out i had nothing bad to say about the series, i absolutely loved it, but with every sequel they seem to focus on silly commercial stuff to get kids in rather than doing what their core audience wants like re modelling old cars, way more tracks, bringing back night racing and shit like that. i think they care more about money than their core fans

nah, its just fanboys like you get mad at me talking this way, on forza central i was never called a troll and i was exactly the same, we discussed flaws and how the game should be better, cant do that here without fanboys getting upset

....so then move the fuck on. No one is discussing shit with you about the game, you're just being an annoying gnat. You're really not adding anything to the discussion or to the thread whatsoever.

Xanadu

Banned
....so then move the fuck on. No one is discussing shit with you about the game, you're just being an annoying gnat. You're really not adding anything to the discussion or to the thread whatsoever.

actually we were just discussing the nurburgring inaccuracies, you need to calm down fan boy ;)

BADNED

2004 911 GT3 (996)

Rr2fl.jpg

2004 911 GT3 (996)

Rr2fl.jpg

Very nice! But I want more NEW cars. Do they have a schedule for showing off the new cars or will it be random?

And I was just thinking that I miss Jube. Che used to show up pretty regularly here with some random info and such but he has now moved on. I know Jube used to post here a lot before he got his gig and I am wondering if they are curtailing his involvement here or something. I haven't seen Jube post here in a quite a while.

SarBear

actually we were just discussing the nurburgring inaccuracies, you need to calm down fan boy ;)

......why is it everywhere you go, you bring negativity with you? SURELY after all this time of the same situations you can't still blame everyone else for the situations you relentlessly and adamantly inspire.....right?! I forgot, I'm dealing with a kid, no sense in trying to make sense to you.

"It's everyone else, I'm just fine!"

Seriously, bro, you are a moron and you're not slick at all.

Why do they keep releasing photos of the same car, just in different colours?

And I gotta admit, Like G Rom it'll be the audio that will drive me to this DLC. I'd be fine with just a few Porsches as they do all look the same to me ;P But I'll appreciate them for their notes.

Xanadu

Banned
......why is it everywhere you go, you bring negativity with you? SURELY after all this time of the same situations you can't still blame everyone else for the situations you relentlessly and adamantly inspire.....right?! I forgot, I'm dealing with a kid, no sense in trying to make sense to you.

"It's everyone else, I'm just fine!"

Seriously, bro, you are a moron and you're not slick at all.

if i am a troll why dont you just ignore me? seriously you constantly reply to me it seems like you love getting my attention, its kinda cute :)

Two cars/day. One in the morning, one just after lunch on the West coast.

Yeah, I was talking more about cars that are new to Forza 4. Since we know some of the cars in the Porsche Pack are new to the series, those are the ones I am most interested in.

if i am a troll why dont you just ignore me? seriously you constantly reply to me it seems like you love getting my attention, its kinda cute :)

Serious question, how old are you? Your lack of spelling/grammar/basic punctuation mixed with your overuse of smileys really makes me think you are like 13 or under. I might be wrong, but the way you post and how you talk makes me curious if you are still in middle school.

Not trying to be mean, just curious.

Top Bottom